Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

as long as it's not mountaintop removal mining type recoverable

also i wanted to work a climate debt metaphor in there but it wasnt landing but thats what the years of credit card payments are gonna be, climate stuff

burning fossil fuels improves the earth, making it more warm and pleasant as well as encouraging plant growth. in case you didn't notice, humans are a tropical species! if anything we should be burning more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rutibex posted:

burning fossil fuels improves the earth, making it more warm and pleasant as well as encouraging plant growth. in case you didn't notice, humans are a tropical species! if anything we should be burning more

back when there was a lot more co2 in the air everything was either desert or rainforest

americas farmland is not in the zone to be rainforest

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

back when there was a lot more co2 in the air everything was either desert or rainforest

americas farmland is not in the zone to be rainforest

canadas is :twisted:

i would like to see the colonization of antarctica in my lifetime

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Voting democrat is an attempt at damage control from the fact Republicans quite literally want to destroy America, so it's still worth doing

As long as you remain a reliable Democratic vote due entirely to the things that another party is doing, the Democrats are free to move right to court voters whose minds they might actually change, and to get money. By doing damage control, you help to ensure that the damage continues indefinitely.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

we can acknowledge that fossil fuels are like an energy credit card that we're maxing out and that we should be trying to alter that course

Except we can't

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Except we can't

admit that you're spending energy you can't afford

admit that you're ruining your climate credit

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Why

Why does that matter

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Very classist

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

VideoTapir posted:

As long as you remain a reliable Democratic vote due entirely to the things that another party is doing, the Democrats are free to move right to court voters whose minds they might actually change, and to get money. By doing damage control, you help to ensure that the damage continues indefinitely.

"The lesser of two evils!" the smaller of two fire-breathing demons shouts at me, over and again. Then I notice he's not really smaller, he's just hunched up...poised for something...

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Except we can't

We can keep it from getting worse. We can mitigate damage even if we can't prevent it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

fruit on the bottom posted:

We can keep it from getting worse. We can mitigate damage even if we can't prevent it.

Who's "we" here? Because lol if you think China is going to give a poo poo

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The lesser evil is still evil.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

lol hillary owned slaves

https://twitter.com/samswey/status/872151657626443776

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

VideoTapir posted:

The lesser evil is still evil.

If you're responding to me, I was agreeing with you.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

:captainpop::gary::captainpop:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Fuuuuck that's bad, good lord

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I'm genuinely surprised this didn't come up during the actual election

though it required the reading of a (presumably) ghostwritten politician's book from the 90's, so maybe not

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Holy poo poo

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

VideoTapir posted:

Truly the only winning move is to vote Republican and just cause as much damage as possible and by some magic virtue everything will turn out a ok :downs:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Truly the only winning move is to vote Republican and just cause as much damage as possible and by some magic virtue everything will turn out a ok :downs:

Mordor She Wrote returns, undaunted. Persists.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

phasmid posted:

Mordor She Wrote returns, undaunted. Persists.

Being banned from one thread doesn't mean there aren't a billion other lovely threads for me to poo poo in

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

lmfao

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

You lack imagination, honor

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I wonder if Hillary ever had any superpredators for slaves. You know, like the gubernatorial kennel master?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Either the Democratic party changes or it dies. I lean toward the latter.

Just going along with the party ratcheting rightward is an admission of defeat.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

VideoTapir posted:

Either the Democratic party changes or it dies. I lean toward the latter.

Just going along with the party ratcheting rightward is an admission of defeat.

You can't stop the U.S from sliding right you can only delay it

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

unfortunately you're actually accelerating it

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mordor She Wrote posted:

You gotta have a private face and a public face.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Being banned from one thread doesn't mean there aren't a billion other lovely threads for me to poo poo in

actually the poo poo is coming from inside the poster

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

basic hitler posted:

actually the poo poo is coming from inside the poster

Where else would poo poo come from :smug:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Where else would poo poo come from :smug:

What are your views on Hillary's slaves, Mordor?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

new phone who dis posted:

Hillary will run again but she stands a huge chance of being primaried out.

yup, she's gonna lose the primary to The Zuck and then Trump will beat a somehow even less likeable candidate than Clinton

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

the clintons own

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

phasmid posted:

What are your views on Hillary's slaves, Mordor?

It's pretty lovely as is she but she didn't belong to the party that defacto thinks prison slavery is a good thing.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hey now that's not fair, she didn't own them those slaves belong to the government

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

VideoTapir posted:

But racism

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mordor She Wrote posted:

It's pretty lovely as is she but she didn't belong to the party that defacto thinks prison slavery is a good thing.

So just the party that dejure thinks that?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Maya Fey posted:

the clintons own

The well of lols spring eternal from the clintons and trumps.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

How big and busy is the governor's mansion in Arkansas? How many slaves did they need? It sounds like there were dozens of slaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Human Crouton posted:

How big and busy is the governor's mansion in Arkansas? How many slaves did they need? It sounds like there were dozens of slaves.

Well, you need both house and field slaves.

• Locked thread