Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

oh gently caress

this is why i've been buying CDs still

i have over 500 cds

i have to rip them all again

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

IUG posted:

oh gently caress

i have over 500 cds

gently caress

rip u :classiclol:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

it must have poo poo itself with a UEFI flash even a bad OS upgrade should let you do a recovery environment boot. as opposed to other vendors who let you manage firmware yourself (doesn't happen) and you get security holes big enough to drive a truck through

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

IUG posted:

oh gently caress

i have over 500 cds

gently caress

you should have been ripping them lossless from the get go, I have like 600 cds and I knew I only wanted to rip them once

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

i don't even have the space on my hard drive for all of this. my stupid laptop doesn't let me upgrade the hard drive space because i buy apple products

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

put your itunes folder on a server or nas

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah my poo poo is on a synology and that runs local crash plan to back it up owns bones

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

just don't let it sleep because sleep is the cousin of death

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

a raid array of zip drives

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

i just got a nas the other day and got it setup for kodi. i guess i could use that with itunes too, i was just worried about it taking too long to load up the next song when itunes finishes a track. like a pause in between one song and the next.

vv - yeah that's what i'm worried about

IUG fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 6, 2017

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

that used to work really really poorly way back when

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

it must have poo poo itself with a UEFI flash even a bad OS upgrade should let you do a recovery environment boot. as opposed to other vendors who let you manage firmware yourself (doesn't happen) and you get security holes big enough to drive a truck through

i didn't know osx did efi updates during the os install. i've only ever seen it do them as a separate update through the app store. really limited sample size though, and it's not like the os installer gives particularly detailed feedback

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

as far as I can tell it works reliably now if you set it up correctly, it's one of those things apple never bothered figuring out because the average person had like maybe 500 songs total not 10,000 like us edge cases

I have my mac mini I can use as a "main" library

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

it boots to the recovery environment and it wants me to reinstall El Capitan

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

FMguru posted:

a raid array of zip drives

ages ago some guy made a raid array out of usb floppies connected to an imac iirc :newlol:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

exploded mummy posted:

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

it boots to the recovery environment and it wants me to reinstall El Capitan

well you should do that then upgrade

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

my Stebe Edition was delivered to the abandoned house down the street because my mail people are consistently terrible

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

iPads Pro

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

It would be cool if Apple made a thing that's just 100% good, instead of 90% amazing and 10% completely retarded

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

it still causes random weirdness for a case that i understand why apple has apparently never tested: a read-only network share with media on it, added as-is to itunes library to sync to phone

the only thing that doesnt work is marking a album as a compilation since that apparently needs to save something in the id3 tag, sometime ill get around to figuring out what field that is and set it myself

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/rjonesy/status/872080961772630016

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

gently caress, well I guess i'm beta testin' ios11

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

apple pushing the envelope on privacy features is extremely my poo poo

*posts to facebook every personal detail anyone could want to know*

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Idiot hasn't heard of ALAC

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

should have been the way the settings worked since the introduction of the "only while using the app" option IMO.

but in any case lol get hosed uber an waze.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
It's kind of hosed up that my early-2015 12" MacBook can smoothly scroll through my entire Elton John discography on iTunes, but my mid-2013 Air can't & ends up beachballing until I kill iTunes through the activity monitor.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
my desktop pc has started lagging when i search my local library (and 95% of it is in the itunes cloud)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SO DEMANDING posted:

ages ago some guy made a raid array out of usb floppies connected to an imac iirc :newlol:

that was one of my coworkers in the college it department, lol. he has an intranet page devoted to the dumb thing

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

cis autodrag posted:

that was one of my coworkers in the college it department, lol. he has an intranet page devoted to the dumb thing

mai RAIFu?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I remember reading about a storage array built out of individual floppy disk cores suspended by air compressors with read heads on every level

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

timb's been busy

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

timb's been busy

every day he grindn

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
please seed

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
can we build a cheaper iMac Pro?

apparently not really, it comes out only three hundred dollars cheaper

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that doesn't make it a good product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

that doesn't make it a good product
that makes it a mathematically good product

• Locked thread