Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Yeah, it looks nice but as the owner of a Vapexhale and a Plenty, 99% of the time I just end up hitting my favorite bubbler instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I use vapor cartridges sometimes but I still like smoking a little more.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I used to have a "vapor brothers" device which was a more rudimentary version of a desk vaporizer with a hose, porcelain screen, and a nice wooden base. It was only useable for weed not oil or wax and it could get kind of messy but it did the job.

These days though for vaping I just stick to oil cartridge pens with a small battery, they are so simple, clean, and discreet, often taste real nice, and get a more consistent high. I still smoke spliffs all the time but thats just because I enjoy the act of smoking itself, and joints are better for a social occasion. Like, getting high with a group of friends just doesn't seem right when it's vape pens.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Going to smoke some odd smelling weed imho

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 6, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Earwicker posted:

I used to have a "vapor brothers" device which was a more rudimentary version of a desk vaporizer with a hose, porcelain screen, and a nice wooden base. It was only useable for weed not oil or wax and it could get kind of messy but it did the job.

These days though for vaping I just stick to oil cartridge pens with a small battery, they are so simple, clean, and discreet, often taste real nice, and get a more consistent high. I still smoke spliffs all the time but thats just because I enjoy the act of smoking itself, and joints are better for a social occasion. Like, getting high with a group of friends just doesn't seem right when it's vape pens.

Yeah if you can get oil cartridges that's the way to go. I can sometimes get them here in my illegal state, but there's no way to check the quality, so the strength is all over the place.

I was an early portable-vape adopter, which is why I have the MFLB. I also used to have the 1st-gen Iolite, which was a neat concept (butane-powered handheld vape). When it worked, it worked really well, but it was finicky as a mofo. I heard their other vape (the Whispr I think) is a lot more reliable, and I think they offer it in both butane and battery-powered versions.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Welp My gong broke so it looks like I'm gonna be eating edibles for the foreseeable future I

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Just re-upped on weed, but I have a bunch of expenditures coming down the pipeline so I don't know if I'll be able to buy more any time soon. I've started doing freelance work simply to buy more weed, but idk I'm still a little worried.

Does growing marijuana produce a strong smell that'll bother neighbors?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

unpleasantly turgid posted:

Just re-upped on weed, but I have a bunch of expenditures coming down the pipeline so I don't know if I'll be able to buy more any time soon. I've started doing freelance work simply to buy more weed, but idk I'm still a little worried.

Nope! grow away!

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

plape tickler posted:

Going to smoke some odd smelling weed imho

A girl I was seeing once tried to get me to smoke some "odd" smelling weed once. It was laced with PCP, but I had never seen PCP in person. I cleaned it with a paper towel until it no longer smelled/had PCP on it and it smoked just like any other weed. I can imagine she was kinda pissed though.

Dreddout posted:

Welp My gong broke so it looks like I'm gonna be eating edibles for the foreseeable future I

Smoke blunts/papers instead? This sounds like a net gain IMO any decent glass I've ever owned has only crushed me once it finally breaks

Yes, it does but I'm told you can mitigate it pretty easily with an Ozone generator but I cannot speak to their effectiveness.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ozone generators are not fantastic for your health. If you're only growing a plant or two, a friend of mine had great success with those cheapo collapsible wardrobes, like this guy:

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Org...psible+wardrobe

It's not airtight so it won't prevent the smell too much, but if you're gonna run an ozone generator by your plants, better to run a small one in that enclosed space. It's also just about sturdy enough to support lights and such.

Also, invest in a vaporizer. It basically doubles your weed efficiency, since you can either make edibles with the vaped weed, or in an absolute pinch, smoke it in glass for a bit of a high.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Idk it might be a cilantro thing where some people don't taste it right but I barely get anything off of vaping weed. I'm sure the neat oils and wax you can buy in legal states are great but for me I might as well throw the weed in the garbage, it's gonna get me just as high as vaping does

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Idk it might be a cilantro thing where some people don't taste it right but I barely get anything off of vaping weed. I'm sure the neat oils and wax you can buy in legal states are great but for me I might as well throw the weed in the garbage, it's gonna get me just as high as vaping does

I can see that. I get very impatient with vaping. IMO a big part of it is since you're not taking a nice big smokey pull off a J or a bowl, and most likely coughing some, etc., it creeps up on you a lot more subtly.

I've had multiple occasions where I've vaped a whole bowl's worth, gotten frustrated, and started packing a bong rip, only to realize midway through that holy poo poo, I'm a lot more stoned than I thought I was.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

only if you do it right

you'll probably want to look at grow tents and carbon filters. or whatever, who cares

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Smoke blunts/papers instead? This sounds like a net gain IMO any decent glass I've ever owned has only crushed me once it finally breaks

Nah I only vape due to horrible lung genetics.

It's no big deal, just a 15$ gong adaptor that I use to pair my e-nano with my bong. It's was lovely noname Chinese glass and I new going in it was gonna break sooner rather than later. Got a grav lab adaptor on the way, hope it proves more durable

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dreddout posted:

Nah I only vape due to horrible lung genetics.

It's no big deal, just a 15$ gong adaptor that I use to pair my e-nano with my bong. It's was lovely noname Chinese glass and I new going in it was gonna break sooner rather than later. Got a grav lab adaptor on the way, hope it proves more durable

If you have an abundance of head shops by you try to find a smaller, local-ish one. I got a locally-blown bong for $99 that's lasted me for going on 6 years now, and it hits better than any Illadelph/Roor/Zong/whatever I've ever used.

e: I also got a male-to-male adapter for a dab nail for $6 instead of buying a $100+ dedicated rig, I'm cheap as gently caress

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Kelp Me! posted:

Also, invest in a vaporizer. It basically doubles your weed efficiency, since you can either make edibles with the vaped weed, or in an absolute pinch, smoke it in glass for a bit of a high.

Seconding this

The e-nano can get you as high as a blunt with only two bowls. That's .10 g for a single session. And I usually don't like to get that high since I use it to self medicate so really I just use .05 g a day.

I'm poor as gently caress but paying for weed is a non issue now

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Kelp Me! posted:

If you have an abundance of head shops by you try to find a smaller, local-ish one. I got a locally-blown bong for $99 that's lasted me for going on 6 years now, and it hits better than any Illadelph/Roor/Zong/whatever I've ever used.

e: I also got a male-to-male adapter for a dab nail for $6 instead of buying a $100+ dedicated rig, I'm cheap as gently caress

My bongs fine! Got me one of these
https://www.everyonedoesit.com/products/stemless-beaker-ice-rig-with-jug-handle

Nothing fancy, but it fits my needs. Sadly e-nano only makes their gong adapters male so I have to get a third party female to female adapter to pair it properly

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dreddout posted:

My bongs fine! Got me one of these
https://www.everyonedoesit.com/products/stemless-beaker-ice-rig-with-jug-handle

Nothing fancy, but it fits my needs. Sadly e-nano only makes their gong adapters male so I have to get a third party female to female adapter to pair it properly

Wait I'm confused I thought you were misspelling bong

what's a gong and how did you break it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

GonG means glass-on-glass, usually referencing a vape adapter. I've got GonGs for my Arizer Solo, Xmax V2 Pro and Da Buddha, and I run them through either a Pinnacle water tool or a cheap head shop bong. With vapor it doesn't take much to smooth it out :D

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DoombatINC posted:

GonG means glass-on-glass, usually referencing a vape adapter. I've got GonGs for my Arizer Solo, Xmax V2 Pro and Da Buddha, and I run them through either a Pinnacle water tool or a cheap head shop bong. With vapor it doesn't take much to smooth it out :D

Oh, I get it. Yeah, that's the $6 adapter I bought for my bong that I mentioned. The only disadvantage over a full dedicated rig is that it doesn't catch reclaim, since it's a straight downstem and not a right angle like most oil rigs.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I recommend getting good and high after hanging a hummingbird feeder because they are fun to watch :tipshat:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tendai posted:

I recommend getting good and high after hanging a hummingbird feeder because they are fun to watch :tipshat:

Maybe this will be my weekend goal. Finally mix some hummingbird nectar and fill up the feeder.

Also, being high Owns. I made my basement look respectable and sold my old car today.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Kelp Me! posted:

Oh, I get it. Yeah, that's the $6 adapter I bought for my bong that I mentioned. The only disadvantage over a full dedicated rig is that it doesn't catch reclaim, since it's a straight downstem and not a right angle like most oil rigs.

Yeah it sucks cause Epicvape only sells male adaptors and my bong is also male and the downstem is fixed so I have to buy ANOTHER adaptor just to get it to pair

But like I said I got gravlab GonG this time so hopefully it's not a piece of poo poo that breaks in two months

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

bagmonkey posted:

Also, being high Owns. I made my basement look respectable and sold my old car today.

When you learn that household chores are fun while high...

That my friend is Nirvana

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I have to mostly do things before I grab the vape cause I'm plainly not used to it yet and get stupid high from the littlest bit.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

LethalGeek posted:

I have to mostly do things before I grab the vape cause I'm plainly not used to it yet and get stupid high from the littlest bit.

Enjoy this time, my friend

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Dreddout posted:

When you learn that household chores are fun while high...

That my friend is Nirvana

"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, smoke weed, chop wood, carry water."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Tendai posted:

i like it when a female is at the feeder and then a male comes by and does his courtship routine. i'm picking up all sorts of sweet waggle moves

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

whats up dudes i'm really gay for weed too :2bong:

been smokin about 20 years so let me know if you need any tips or tricks about gettin high god bless

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

purple death ray posted:

Enjoy this time, my friend

I only do it twice maaaaaybe 3 times in a week so hoping I can drag it out for a good long time.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

LethalGeek posted:

I only do it twice maaaaaybe 3 times in a week so hoping I can drag it out for a good long time.

Last year I had almost a week and a half off work so I smoked every day and what do you know I'm still smoking every day

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My guy has had large amounts of oil/wax the last few times I went and it's getting kind of bad, he sells it so cheap and I'm blasting through it so fast that it now takes me 2 good-sized dabs to get very-but-not-extremely stoned. I think once this stuff runs out I'm going to stick with flower for a couple weeks to drop my tolerance back down to where 1 dab gets me plastered to the couch. Right now I'm at the point where I can take a dab and go right back to work or whatever.

purple death ray posted:

Last year I had almost a week and a half off work so I smoked every day and what do you know I'm still smoking every day

this would be a good new thread title if the current one wasn't so perfect

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

rap music posted:

whats up dudes i'm really gay for weed too :2bong:

been smokin about 20 years so let me know if you need any tips or tricks about gettin high god bless

How do I get my cat to stop judging me while I'm high

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Dreddout posted:

He's judging your lack of sharing. Get him high with you.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dreddout posted:

Explain to your cat that the criminalization of pot was just a huge loving sham by some bougie dude who hated sweet-rear end environmentally friendly hemp and then... :words:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PMGjn_d130

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Fried Watermelon posted:

"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, smoke weed, chop wood, carry water."

This and thank god I'm not the only one. It's made basic stuff that my friends hate doing a totally enjoyable time for me. I have so many new plants and such an awesome looking yard.

Dreddout posted:

Treats and pets and toys. Seriously dude, my one cat has realized that high me is the best pet giver and he's never been happier.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

maxe posted:

very excited about my purchase this morning

I know where you are....

Good shop, very professional

Edit:
I made a thing

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Jestery posted:

I made a thing

Most Australian thing I have ever seen. Congrats, pat yourself on the back by smoking a fatty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jestery posted:

I know where you are....

Good shop, very professional

Edit:
I made a thing

if this was any more Australian there'd be several deadly spiders hiding in it, so be careful