Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Blues Brothers is a perfect movie gently caress you.

True, but that was almost despite Aykroyd. Same with Ghostbusters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Aykroyd's Nothing But Trouble is a cinematic masterpiece, and even though I have evidence of having seen it multiple times, I refuse to believe the movie actually exists in this physical universe.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Blues Brothers is a perfect movie gently caress you.

Blues Brothers is a perfect movie because a lot of the stuff Akroyd wanted to put in there, like the car getting its magic car powers from being kept in an overloaded electrical substation, got cut the hell out.

Also because of of Cab Calloway.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Some of the best lawyers are turning down requests to represent Trump because of his reputation of not paying fees and putting his foot in his mouth

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/four-top-law-firms-turned-requests-represent-trump-122423972.html

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mak0rz posted:

Some of the best lawyers are turning down requests to represent Trump because of his reputation of not paying fees and putting his foot in his mouth

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/four-top-law-firms-turned-requests-represent-trump-122423972.html

He's already torpedoed his own defense of the travel ban by throwing a tantrum about it on Twitter. For all we know he'll openly admit to bribery and assassination plots via social media before all this is done.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Phanatic posted:

Blues Brothers is a perfect movie because a lot of the stuff Akroyd wanted to put in there, like the car getting its magic car powers from being kept in an overloaded electrical substation, got cut the hell out.

The saddest thing about that trash heap sequel was the title card:

In memory of
Cab Calloway
John Belushi
John Candy

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ultrabindu posted:

In memory of
Cab Calloway
John Belushi
John Candy

Kinda hosed up considering Candy lived a lot longer than BB

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMfXs_MjFq4

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

ultrabindu posted:

In memory of
Cab Calloway
John Belushi
John Candy

There's a 'How it should have ended' that I can't find on the internet that has Dan Ackroyd pissing on Belushi's grave.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Phanatic posted:

It's in the extended edition :v:

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Aerdan posted:

There are basically two things that ESAs get that normal pets don't: legally permitted to own even if the property owner forbids pets, and allowed to go on airplanes. That's pretty much it. Plenty of assholes try to claim their emotional support animal can go anywhere, however, and it basically preys on business owners' and retail workers' ignorance of the law. Predictable result: people with actual service animals get refused service.

The only animals that are legally required to be admitted (until they cause problems, that is) are service animals, and you're legally permitted to ask only two questions ("Is this animal a service animal?" and "What service does this animal perform?").

I was under the impression that ESA's have to be registered or certified in some way and that it was appropriate to ask to see their certificate. Is this not true? Also it seems to me that the second question is getting very close to violating someone's privacy regarding their health if you are asking them to explain what they need the animal for.

I used to work next door to a kitchen-gadget shop where they always had samples of food and my friend that worked there loved nothing more than kicking out all the lovely people with their froo froo dogs because they weren't allowed to be near the food.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

King of Foolians posted:

I was under the impression that ESA's have to be registered or certified in some way and that it was appropriate to ask to see their certificate. Is this not true? Also it seems to me that the second question is getting very close to violating someone's privacy regarding their health if you are asking them to explain what they need the animal for.

I used to work next door to a kitchen-gadget shop where they always had samples of food and my friend that worked there loved nothing more than kicking out all the lovely people with their froo froo dogs because they weren't allowed to be near the food.

There's no central certifying body for ESA - it's a vague field without a lot of defining rules. Technically, all you need is a note from a medical professional stating that this animal contributes to your emotional well-being in some way, but there exists a lot of scam "certifying bodies" that will do a fancy certificate for you despite it not meaning a thing.

Legally, they're distinct from service animals due to having no real certifications, but it's confusing enough to people who aren't used to the varying grades of things (CGC certification vs Therapy Animal Certification vs Service Animal certs for dogs, t. ex.) that anything that sounds vaguely official gets lumped into the list.

My wife is a dog trainer, and she's got some real mixed feelings on this whole issue, in part because she's used the loopholes to help people who couldn't otherwise afford a service animal and part because she's seen so many people using it so they can bring badly-trained animals places they aren't supposed to go. It's a weird issue.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

syscall girl posted:

have you tried crystal skull vodka?

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's not bad, but it's super expensive. Just drink Tito's or (if you can find it) Wheatley's.

I have a bottle autographed by the man himself from when he went on tour with it when it was launched. I haven't opened it. It was like $50 a bottle back then. I saw it in a gift pack with skull shot glasses in Costco last week for $30.

Wheatley's is great, I sampled it at the Buffalo Trace Distillery while taking the tour in 2015 and bought a bottle. I saw it for sale at BevMo recently.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Powaqoatse posted:

are there cheap boozeskulls? i kinda would like to buy a glass skull just to put on a shelf like a huge fat nerd

skulls are for cool guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdIHK8O5yo

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

skulls are for cool guys

The game is set in an urban warzone in an unnamed Middle Eastern country, where 50 Cent and G-Unit have been hired to play a rap concert. After the concert the promoter, Anwar, is unable to pay them the $10 million in cash he promised, but relents after being threatened. However, instead of the cash they were promised, he gives them a diamond-and-pearl encrusted human skull as collateral. This is promptly stolen by a paramilitary group led by the terrorist Kamal. 50 Cent (with the help of a selected G-Unit partner) decides to get it back at any cost.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq6dxPrqnu4

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Pastry of the Year posted:

The game is set in an urban warzone in an unnamed Middle Eastern country, where 50 Cent and G-Unit have been hired to play a rap concert. After the concert the promoter, Anwar, is unable to pay them the $10 million in cash he promised, but relents after being threatened. However, instead of the cash they were promised, he gives them a diamond-and-pearl encrusted human skull as collateral. This is promptly stolen by a paramilitary group led by the terrorist Kamal. 50 Cent (with the help of a selected G-Unit partner) decides to get it back at any cost.

BITCH TOOK MY SKULL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C58V-7JVOg

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand is actually a surprisingly decent game.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
They didn't move!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MABXWmzR-go&t=529s

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

We had a deal!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

BovineFury posted:

I look forward to the exponential growth of dash cam videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjyDHXOUdGc
Good God! What is WRONG with people?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Random Philly idiot gets booted out of a comedy club for being disruptive, and then goes on a 5-minute rant against the cops, where she pulls out such favorites as "Lick my rear end," "you're a bunch of cocksuckers," "you're arresting a *girl*", "No wonder society hates you," and follows it up with "I work for a local news station!"

Not anymore she doesn't. But her apology does include the ever popular "That’s not me or how I talk or act or anything at all." She also initially claims to only have had one drink, and insinuates that someone roofied her, but she later clarifies that to be "Some drinks at the bar I was bartending at, then some shots and a margarita, plus whatever drinks I had at the comedy club."

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2017/06/06/colleen-campbell-phl-17-helium/

quote:

Given that you had at least five drinks, do you think it’s possible that your body was just reacting to the alcohol in your bloodstream?

I really don’t know. I don’t know what to think. I know my limits. I’m a bartender. I didn’t feel wasted walking in.

Another one for the "Who you are when you're drunk is really who you are" files.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

trickybiscuits posted:

Good God! What is WRONG with people?

Can't wait until self driving cars are mandatory and any motherfucker dense enough to attempt to drive a loving vehicle will be shot on sight by upstanding citizens under stand your ground principles.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Karate Bastard posted:

Can't wait until self driving cars are mandatory and any motherfucker dense enough to attempt to drive a loving vehicle will be shot on sight by upstanding citizens under stand your ground principles.

When I think of Fourth Meal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFiDoOgRTpk

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Phanatic posted:

Random Philly idiot gets booted out of a comedy club for being disruptive, and then goes on a 5-minute rant against the cops, where she pulls out such favorites as "Lick my rear end," "you're a bunch of cocksuckers," "you're arresting a *girl*", "No wonder society hates you," and follows it up with "I work for a local news station!"

Not anymore she doesn't. But her apology does include the ever popular "That’s not me or how I talk or act or anything at all." She also initially claims to only have had one drink, and insinuates that someone roofied her, but she later clarifies that to be "Some drinks at the bar I was bartending at, then some shots and a margarita, plus whatever drinks I had at the comedy club."

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2017/06/06/colleen-campbell-phl-17-helium/

Another one for the "Who you are when you're drunk is really who you are" files.

She couldn't have had one drink anyway, Helium has a 2 drink minimum. Also, I love people using things like "work at a local news station" as some sort of better-then qualifier.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

SpacePig posted:

She couldn't have had one drink anyway, Helium has a 2 drink minimum. Also, I love people using things like "work at a local news station" as some sort of better-then qualifier.

It seems like in their drunken stupor they think that working at a local radio/tv station is some sort of a threat, like "hey I can talk about this on the air and expose you" kinda thing. Of course it ALWAYS works precisely the opposite way, people with a tiny bit of local fame really can't be having public freakouts without risking their entire career. You can work at the local station for 30 years or you could maybe get fired and never work in the business again, for a lot of local media personalities there turns out to be no in between.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://i.imgur.com/l84l188.gifv

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Karate Bastard posted:

gently caress that. You can't trust a robot. A corporation built them and a corporation controls them.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Would you be happier with open-source self driving cars?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

HellCopter posted:

Nah, I'm not a big fan of travelling 100 km/hr in something that can be remotely guided into a wall.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I can't wait for ransomware on IOT self-driving cars. :allears:

Edit: I guess in the old days that was called a mechanic.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

HellCopter posted:

Sounds like a great idea for a dodgy kickstarter that mysteriously runs out of money after 2 years.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Nah, I'm not a big fan of travelling 100 km/hr in something that can be remotely guided into a wall.

Dude that's the least of your worries. Did you even look at the vid fulla fuckwads willfully guiding themselves all up in your business for literally no goddamned reason at all? The corporation will guide them into walls too. See?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

TotalLossBrain posted:

I can't wait for ransomware on IOT self-driving cars. :allears:

Edit: I guess in the old days that was called a mechanic.

First virus is gonna keep the horn honking, windows rolling up and down and the windshield wipers running dry.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Karate Bastard posted:

Dude that's the least of your worries. Did you even look at the vid fulla fuckwads willfully guiding themselves all up in your business for literally no goddamned reason at all? The corporation will guide them into walls too. See?

Jesus, I didn't say corporations would drive you into a wall.

It's more about the fact that they can and will track your car and sell the information. Also if(read: when) they gently caress up a software update they could brick your car until it's sorted out.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
yes yes yes but where's the fun in being reasonable?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Jesus, I didn't say corporations would drive you into a wall.

It's more about the fact that they can and will track your car and sell the information. Also if(read: when) they gently caress up a software update they could brick your car until it's sorted out.

Exactly. They would wait until you gave them a bad review on Yelp or slagged them on social media first.

Then they would remotely guide you into a wall.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

heads up, your phone tracks where you go while you are inside of your car

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

hawowanlawow posted:

heads up, your phone tracks where you go while you are inside of your car

Sure, if you have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Me I carry these honking big semaphore flags on me at all times for relaying communiquées from off the heliograph.