Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ah yes, this classic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Ah yes, this classic:

I'm going to assume someone has already did an MSPaint edit where they circle Lester's name many moons ago.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

First result for Arab sword, though

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

It's pretty loving rich to complain about political correctness after all the "How could Kathy Griffin be so rude? :qq:" cartoons.

Well, it would if "political correctness" wasn't a dog whistle for "I want to be a bigot without consequences".

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Lord Hydronium posted:

It's pretty loving rich to complain about political correctness after all the "How could Kathy Griffin be so rude? :qq:" cartoons.

Well, it would if "political correctness" wasn't a dog whistle for "I want to be a bigot without consequences".
I don't know if all the Kathy Griffin stuff is them really caring though, rather than et tu, hypocrites fingerpointing in the first place.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

Since I keep seeing this soundbite from the full quote:

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...t-a7773791.html

I have to say, even though I hate Delonas I love that he draws everyone as absolutely hideous.
The "part and parcel" thing is a misquote too: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/mar/29/misleading-qa-question-on-sadiq-khan-should-have-been-corrected-abc-admits

quote:

Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job. We must never accept terrorists being successful, we must never accept that terrorists can destroy our life or destroy the way we lead our lives.
The "Run. Hide. Tell." bit is also the specific advice the police give in the event of a terror attack, so even if he has repeated it at some point it's not really accurate to attribute it to him. All in all a bang up job there from Delonas. :v:

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
The Kathy Griffin thing wasn't racist. It didn't recall a very recent period of our history where it was acceptable to torture and kill a section of our population for no reason.

Also I don't remember anyone losing their job over the insane amount of racist poo poo that went down and continues to this day in relation to our last prez.

Terrorism kills what, 6 americans every year on average? Can you imagine going to the surgeon general asking him/her how much we should spend to prevent a disease that kills 6 people a year.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Uh, Obama isn't President.

quote:

Uh, Gore isn't President.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Shuka posted:

Terrorism kills what, 6 americans every year on average? Can you imagine going to the surgeon general asking him/her how much we should spend to prevent a disease that kills 6 people a year.

Probably a bit more than that unless you are only counting Islamist terrorist attacks where the terrorist is not mentally ill and the attack is officially claimed by a recognized terrorist organization. I mean, there were 49 killed last year in that nightclub shooting.

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

Happy Tuesday

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

nm

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Is Kelly having an effete grown son a new thing?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

D.N. Nation posted:

Is Kelly having an effete grown son a new thing?

If you're referring to the necklaces, those are Mardi Gras beads or something, I assume. (Perhaps not Mardi Gras since that was back in February, actually, but both him and his wife having them make me assume it's a tourist thing at least.)

Not sure about the boots.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 6, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

If you're referring to the necklaces, those are Mardi Gras beads or something, I assume. (Perhaps not Mardi Gras since that was back in February, actually, but both him and his wife having them make me assume it's a tourist thing at least.)

Not sure about the boots.

I think that's just how Kelly draws shoes

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Ben Garrison posted:

Great Britain has at least shown some sign of a backbone. They resisted taxation without representation when they voted for Brexit, but too many of their leaders remain bent on globalism. The latest terror attack in London was good excuse for Theresa May to call for control over the Internet and the end of privacy and free speech. She doesn’t want a good crisis to go to waste.

But they already had representation. Also this seems to imply that May calling for control over the Internet and the end of privacy and free speech is a bad thing but it's literally the endpoint of Islamophobia and Garrison's whole position. They keep saying we need to take all measures to fight terrorism and THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
STREET MUSICIAN THUGS

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Thinking about it, it's pretty amazing how awesome kelly kartoons are, and kind of inexplicable.
I mean Ward Sutton is a good artist, but every time I see one of his unironic cartoons, they're kind of the most on-the-nose, not particularly funny liberal cartoons ever. But when he dons the Kellysona, he becomes a goddamned hero.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Most cartoon artist are aggressively mediocre, and gifted with bad opinions and they dumbed down their already dumb opinions for their public. Of course kelly shines like a nova in a dark room. He is probably a humorist, is completely other level.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kit Walker posted:

But they already had representation. Also this seems to imply that May calling for control over the Internet and the end of privacy and free speech is a bad thing but it's literally the endpoint of Islamophobia and Garrison's whole position. They keep saying we need to take all measures to fight terrorism and THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO

Ending online privacy is bad because it might impact Garrison's life in some small way. Islamophobia and racism are good because Garrison won't feel any negative effects.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kelly's family wearing beads in the off-season is something Sutton would do

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah, seeing how the street musicians have those shoes too, I suppose that's not code for anything. I read too much into the Kellyverse.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Global warming is caused by people talking about global warming? What the gently caress?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Branco and Garrison trying to make AL Gore look sinster when he's known for his laconic personality and ::monocle: caring about the enviroment never fits right.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
american cartoonists never fail to suck

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Nicaragua gettin a bad rap here. They didn't sign the agreement because they felt it didn't do enough to stop climate change.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

(a) what the gently caress is going on with May's shoulders here
and (b) is that Donald Trump pissing on a pile of corpses in the background? :eyepop:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Political correctness isn't sufficiently assimilated.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

painting stalin in a positive light. interesting

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

ToxicFrog posted:

and (b) is that Donald Trump pissing on a pile of corpses in the background? :eyepop:

What does your heart tell you?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Trump isn't Stalin bad.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

painting stalin in a positive light. interesting

You realize how important the USSR was to the allied victory during WWII was, right?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Get hosed, Republicans and especially Trump's administration love wrecking and shutting things down, not Democrats.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Shuka posted:

The Kathy Griffin thing wasn't racist. It didn't recall a very recent period of our history where it was acceptable to torture and kill a section of our population for no reason.

Also I don't remember anyone losing their job over the insane amount of racist poo poo that went down and continues to this day in relation to our last prez.

More Americans have died from falling off toilets than from terrorists.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

ToxicFrog posted:

(a) what the gently caress is going on with May's shoulders here

The artist loves using extended symbolic imagery. May is known for trying to claim the legacy and image of Margaret Thatcher, and this has been represented in part with comically overly large shoulderpads (which are also a thing she has worn). The artist is showing (as he has in the past) that these shoulderpads are inflated with air (and in this case, poo poo). There's a chain of round things linking May and Trump in the background, which also appear as a necklace she's wearing. This is both an actual necklace she's worn, and used by the artist in various contexts to show the many "millstones" around May's neck, Trump prominent among them.

I think Trump's just pissing on flowers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Despera posted:

Trump isn't Stalin bad.

Stalin was at least competent.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The hive mind in action.

Based on:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Every time I see one of these I think of Trump muttering "calmer'n you are" under his breath and making exaggerated breathing noises.

quote:

Wonder Woman...enemy of pay equality?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wonder Woman...enemy of pay equality?

How do you manage to gently caress up reading cartoons so many times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Starshark posted:

How do you manage to gently caress up reading cartoons so many times?
Often I check this thread immediately after waking up and my brain isn't all there. It must still be this time though since I dunno what the message is here.

• Locked thread