Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
lmao, hollywood literally cant think of another bad guy besides "nazis", and since they already used those for captain murica they have to resort to pre-nazi germans.
loving lol and gently caress the movie industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Its like cartman barfing up movie ideas and all of them feature adam sandler, just with nazis instead.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The naive portrait of WW1 in wonder Woman is at best laughable and at worst insulting.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

agreed, the comic book film should have taken place during a realistic depiction of passchendaele

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why not just have Wonder Woman be the Angel of Mons?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why not just have Wonder Woman be the Angel of Mons?

I thought that was the Angel Verdun? Live, kill, die

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

oohhboy posted:

"But did you know" Mikey is pretty good?

ButnI don't really buy into his statement that LAH was an excellent movie. It should have been funny but it wasn't most of the time. I think part of it was that Arnold wasn't casual enough.

The best scene is when he shoots the closet and a Ninja falls out. It is simple and quick. It doesn't feel like it is making a joke, it was just a fact of life. Everything was just too on the nose to be funny and not crazy enough. It does get there once in a while like he pointed out with the exploding van.

Then there is the kid trying to convince Slater he is in a movie was tiring. He is constantly pointing out things and expecting us to laugh like a laugh track. I know there wouldn't have been a movie without him but I wished he just enjoyed the ride a lot more with a knowing grin.

I see it as a failed parody. True Lies is much better at this.

The kid was the worst part but I enjoyed it with my adult eyes just fine. I dunno I also watched Congo over a summer the same way and I bet that movie is going to be awful on rewatch but Last Action Hero was cool and good. Also True Lies is awesome as well, I like them both.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

lmao, hollywood literally cant think of another bad guy besides "nazis", and since they already used those for captain murica they have to resort to pre-nazi germans.
loving lol and gently caress the movie industry.

Look, it's either this, Russians, or a purple alien.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Remember the movie Titanic?

Did you know, in reality many things weren't like in the film?

loving garbage piece of poo poo movie.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best part of Congo was when they Mac Guyvered a Laser cannon. The rest is pretty forgettable as that is the only thing I remember from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfgWw43Fcuw

Skip to 1.26 if you want to just see the fireworks.

Paladinus posted:

Or big pillars of light. It isn't big deal if you don't have it.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Paladinus posted:

Remember the movie Titanic?

Did you know, in reality many things weren't like in the film?

loving garbage piece of poo poo movie.

I can't believe they still haven't made a prequel. How am I supposed to enjoy the movie without knowing how the ship was built or the captain's origin story?

Hollywood really dropping the ball on the TCU.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

King Vidiot posted:

I watched Last Action Hero really recently while drinking, and I remember loving it but I don't actually remember much of the movie itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z9Ismh1elM

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The kids ruin the opening to that. He keeps explaining or pops the joke before it happens.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Last Action Hero is a great movie.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The part at the end of Last Action Hero sucks, because they keep making a big deal about how it doesn't run on movie rules, but it still very clearly runs on movie rules. It's just slightly less cartoony

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Time to open up your wallets its another $8000 piece of poo poo with words you like on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHJYVRjAUsA

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
How is pinball still a thing? Is it still a thing?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Sort of. I'm glad it is because I like pinball but the biggest market right now is aging baby boomers with too much money so most of them are cash-grabs.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Time to open up your wallets its another $8000 piece of poo poo with words you like on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHJYVRjAUsA

How much for the built-in beer and 40 oz. soda cozies? Can I get a custom translite with a sexy lady in a Chewbacca costume? How about additional LED lights all over the cabinet so it flashes constantly whenever the ball hits something?

Also I like the generic dad rock. That's Stern in a nutshell, they're the generic dad rock of pinball.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I disliked that vid.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Sort of. I'm glad it is because I like pinball but the biggest market right now is aging baby boomers with too much money so most of them are cash-grabs.

I hope to one day own an Addam's Family and/or Twilight Zone pinball machine, the pinball machines of kings

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus posted:

Last Action Hero is a great movie.

It made multiple fart jokes that wasn't funny.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bloom posted:

How is pinball still a thing? Is it still a thing?
Eh its fun to play at the arcade when I go up to Geneva on the Lake, Ohio where there are still like 3 arcades on the strip.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Last Action Hero has some great bits but it's not zany or inventive enough.

King Vidiot posted:

Also I like the generic dad rock. That's Stern in a nutshell, they're the generic dad rock of pinball.

music.mp3

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh its fun to play at the arcade when I go up to Geneva on the Lake, Ohio where there are still like 3 arcades on the strip.

It's a big deal in Seattle, there's pinball in almost every bar here.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Congo is great except for that drat gorilla that talks. It looks so fake and lovely, even for 1995. But the actual evil gorillas that show up at the end look pretty good, i thought. The movie is actually kinda fun and I've watched it recently on Amazon Prime.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Congo and Last Action Hero are also good pinball tables fyi

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
This is fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwXz8vDjOqg

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I played the Ghostbusters pinball machine the other day, and it loving ruled.

Every other pinball I've played, meh.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I was never a big pinball guy but I liked the Addams Family and Terminator 2 tables.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I love pinball. My Addams Family machine is is in storage and won't come out of storage until I get the table cleaned and replacement top glass.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

At a friend's bachelor party, we spent a ton of time just drinking and playing his dad's Jurassic Park pinball machine.

Pinball is great.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
pinball is for pathetic manchildren with tiny weiners

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Paladinus posted:

We used to have Chinese too, but then they got rich and became a valuable market so now they're laughably replaced with the world spanning power of North Korea.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

pinball is for pathetic manchildren with tiny weiners

whoa i never claimed to like pinball

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

khwarezm posted:

We used to have Chinese too, but then they got rich and became a valuable market so now they're laughably replaced with the world spanning power of North Korea.

That happened in both a video game and a new red dawn where it was China until like days before release and then someone doesn't want to upset china so switches the antagonist to North Korea which has some how conquered all of asia and now america.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
In Civilization, North Korea is that one computer player who's AI is off so they only have 1 improvement in each city and 3 cities total but it doesn't stop them from declaring war with every other player.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Last Action Hero is better than you've been led to believe, but not as good as it could have been. I like when the Lethal Weapon music plays as the dying cop says "Two days away from retirement..."

And the best pinball machine was Guns N' Roses.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxnJH-17WDM

E: in other news, you can actually buy an official Very Cool t-shirt.
https://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/merch/nerd-crew-very-cool-t-shirt

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 7, 2017

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I saw wonder woman. It was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

reignofevil posted:

I saw wonder woman. It was good.