Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Later this year is all third parties. Sony just can sit back and reap those sweet marketing deal for Battlefield, battlefront and call of duty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i didnt realize shadow warrior 2 got a ps4 release last month. how does it run?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

The pc buzz died on that game so fast like it made a good first impression but everybody got bored and the ps4 launch didnt generate any posts l so i have no clue.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Awesome! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev3cOGNzd8Q

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

looks solid overall. i was expecting 30fps on console anyway. that black halo ambient occlusion is certainly weird though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The game itself is a super fun shooter. But it's surprising that the console versions run at 30 FPS, because it's one of the most absurdly well-optimized things I've ever played on PC. I still have no idea how it runs so well for such a beautiful game.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It had a really nasty save bug that took a week to fix and killed a lot of my enthusiasm. The game is fine now and using chainsaws is so much fun.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So after you leave mothers watch you cant come back for the power cell. gently caress this piece of poo poo game, im going to trade it for Witcher 3 GOTY edition

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lmao

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

DoctorGonzo posted:

So after you leave mothers watch you cant come back for the power cell. gently caress this piece of poo poo game, im going to trade it for Witcher 3 GOTY edition

They'll let you back in if you go back at night.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

CaptainRat posted:

They'll let you back in if you go back at night.

moreover, I thought it was just an issue if you traveled to the campfire right by Mother's Watch, but otherwise yeah, night time will work. that'll teach you not to get it the first time you were able to though.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

haveblue posted:

:black101: HELLBLADE :black101: out August 8, $30, digital only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-BlHwXJsX0

I was excited until I read about the plot

She's not actually in a norse fantasy world. She's schizophrenic and just hallucinating it all. She's actually in the real world the whole time. It's like that Baba Yaga expansion of Rise of the Tomb Raider

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And how you pass time on this crap?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

put the controller up your butt

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is trash and i dont understand the hype

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The opening hours are HZD's weakest. Buy some purple weapons and fight some big robot dinosaurs, that's where it gets good. Also the plot is really good, basically if you're bored just focus on the main quests.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

You can't get the last power cell until one of the last major main quest missions anyway, don't worry about it.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

DoctorGonzo posted:

This game is trash and i dont understand the hype

What game?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also after a certain story point you have free access to mother's watch and also the power cell doesn't matter until the endgame anyway

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Horizon Zero Dawn.

Now is Night, so i knock on the door or what the gently caress

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

keep us posted op

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the game would be better if aloy had a cute robot dog following her around

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Awesome! posted:

Override a strider and keep whistling at it. Big Horse Dog Robot

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Awesome! posted:

Microsoft already did that. It's called ReCORE

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

recore is a Bad Gametm though so we dont talk about it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i laughed really hard when they announced the recore definitive edition that puts back in the missing pet character that you collect items for and pass by puzzles for and scroll past a blank spot in the menu for but was missing from the game because the area he helps you get to wasn't finished despite the character being advertised on the box of the game.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Was ReCore really that bad? I only vaguely remember its announcement.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its a half finished game with the content gated to slow the player down

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Anyone have a suggested route/advice/link/specific battery to use when replacing the battery on a DS4?

My battery won't charge :(

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I have only played Omega Collection via remote play, so I don't know if this is a remote play bug or an Omega Collection bug, but L1 and L2 have their inputs swapped, as do R1 and R2. I went to remap them via settings and i was able to make it work by manually reassigning.

Has anyone else had that issue either via remote play or just with Omega? I haven't ever seen that happen before at all...

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Krime posted:

Anyone have a suggested route/advice/link/specific battery to use when replacing the battery on a DS4?

Have you tried a different cable?

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Awesome! posted:

recore is a Bad Gametm though so we dont talk about it

Supposedly its getting totally redone because the original version was rushed and released incomplete with missing robots and assets. It's going to get reannounced at e3.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

Have you tried a different cable?

Yep, multiple cables. Nothing works.

I have another controller that charges with the cables I try, so it's not a cable issue.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Krime posted:

Yep, multiple cables. Nothing works.

I have another controller that charges with the cables I try, so it's not a cable issue.

Googling returns the PKCELL LP803860, make sure to pop open your controller and make sure it isn't something like a loose wire first though!
It's really really straightforward, just take your time. You can find the battery around, ebay is probably a good bet thanks to paypal's protections.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Krime posted:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/DualShock+4+Battery+Replacement/22074

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ultimate Mango posted:

I have only played Omega Collection via remote play, so I don't know if this is a remote play bug or an Omega Collection bug, but L1 and L2 have their inputs swapped, as do R1 and R2. I went to remap them via settings and i was able to make it work by manually reassigning.

Has anyone else had that issue either via remote play or just with Omega? I haven't ever seen that happen before at all...

My air brakes are working fine. I think your issue is going to be with remote play.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm so amazingly bad at Wipeout. I went back to my first ever Dark Souls 1 run because it's easier.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm so amazingly bad at Wipeout. I went back to my first ever Dark Souls 1 run because it's easier.

I was 11 when the original game came out and I haven't played Wipeout since 2097, but I've still got it baybeeeeeeee!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

JBP posted:

I was 11 when the original game came out and I haven't played Wipeout since 2097, but I've still got it baybeeeeeeee!

The only one I've ever played is Wipeout 64, which I loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Liver Disaster posted:

Googling returns the PKCELL LP803860, make sure to pop open your controller and make sure it isn't something like a loose wire first though!
It's really really straightforward, just take your time. You can find the battery around, ebay is probably a good bet thanks to paypal's protections.

Thanks. I'll pop it open to see if it is a loose wire before plopping down the $$$ for a new battery.