Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I don't think we'll see anyone top that one in our lifetimes. MS was somehow so up their own rear end thinking they had conquered gaming with the 360 that they expected people to cheer a half hour presentation about how they were going to push new DRM so hard it would completely wipe out the idea of owning a videogame.

Don't forget how stoked they were for the UI that was like 90% ad space and looked like the TVs from Idiocracy.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Rather than some huge surprise reveal which is not likely, Nintendo does sometimes have a surprise release around the e3 window- nothing major, like last year we got Rhythm Heaven. I kinda hope something like that happens again.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
E3 prediction: There will be more new 3DS games announced than there will be for the Switch. *Wii U ports not counted as new games in my prediction*

People will lose their loving minds.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

katkillad2 posted:

People will lose their loving minds.

"Guess I'll skip on the switch"

*life goes on*

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
to be clear, that is going to be my reaction

i have no doubt the internet will catch fire with collective nerd rage

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nintendo's big surprise was the Rabbids Mario game and now you've gone and ruined it, everyone.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Don't forget how stoked they were for the UI that was like 90% ad space and looked like the TVs from Idiocracy.

Or how your whole console would eat poo poo if you DARED to not sign into their online service once a day.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Prediction: Nintendo will announce Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for the Switch

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

*by Arzest

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Pants Donkey posted:

Prediction: Nintendo will announce Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for the Switch

Also that they've teamed up with Rockstar to bring back Uniracers

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pants Donkey posted:

*bangs forks on table*

I WANT SUPER MARIO WORLD ON SWITCH VC DANGIT

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Instant Sunrise posted:

Also that they've teamed up with Rockstar to bring back Uniracers

Pixar killed Uniracers. :(

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Healbot posted:

*bangs forks on table*

I WANT SUPER MARIO WORLD ON SWITCH VC DANGIT

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The GBA remake is on the Wii U VC.

Also it was a 3DS Ambassador game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

E3 Nintendo:

Give me Rocket League

Give me Animal Crossing

Show me Mario Odyssey

Blast the gently caress out of VC.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rocket League would own on Switch. Especially if it had cross platform multiplayer still.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Beastie posted:

E3 Nintendo:

Give me Rocket League

Give me Animal Crossing

Show me Mario Odyssey

Blast the gently caress out of VC.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Rocket League would own on Switch. Especially if it had cross platform multiplayer still.

This would win E3.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

BTOW was so fresh and forward thinking that I worry we thought Nintendo had changed... perhaps BOTW was the aberration? the accident? perhaps Nintendo... never changes... sigh

:negative:

If you read articles about development, BotW was very intentionally overhauled and definitely not an accident. It was like Nintendo's new blood made it. They'll be back with more.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Perhaps when the 3DS dies we will see Pokemon proper on the Switch :sigh:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You will see Pokemon on whatever the 3DS successor is. Whether it's a new dedicated handheld or they decide to consolidate things into the Switch, they clearly haven't decided yet.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

There are a number of recent (Disgaea 5) and upcoming (ARMS) games that I'd love to spend some time with but I just can't put down Isaac. I thought maybe I was getting bad at the game and starting to maybe lose interest then it gives me one run with Leviathan + Brimstone + Monstro's Lung and the next run with Brimstone + Tammy's Head + 99 Crying Bombs. Blood lasers everywhere. Now I want a mode where you can pick your powerups.

Though I'm pretty sure I'll drop everything when Hollow Knight comes out for Switch. The devs seem competent and actively engaged with their community and product, so I'm willing to forgive the lack of a date.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

TFRazorsaw posted:

You will see Pokemon on whatever the 3DS successor is. Whether it's a new dedicated handheld or they decide to consolidate things into the Switch, they clearly haven't decided yet.

Lol yes they have.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pokemon X/Y had a great interface that utilized the second screen to great effect. Sun/Moon threw that all out for a crappy map on the second screen that required you to press a button to dig through menus. Not to say this is some kind of guarantee, but TPC has to have been thinking about it when developing gen 7.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 6, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

Only reason the 3DS hasn't had a stake driven into it is because there are uh (edit) 66 million?...a lot of them out there already. No harm in doing both for 18 months until they get those 18 million switches sold THEN you tell everyone ok we're done with that old thing time FOR NEW HOTNESS.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I wouldn't be surprised if the Eurogamer article on Stars was accurate at the time. GF would be messing around with a Switch version, but in the eight months that have passed it was either decided to keep it at 3DS for the whole gen or MonHun it and release Yet Another Version Later for maximum money.

USM has seen development on the Switch most likely. Whether it comes out on it or not is entirely up to the companies involved, but the 3DS has earned its extra year or two and I wouldn't be terribly shocked if USM stays on it exclusively.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

You will see Pokemon on whatever the 3DS successor is.

Pokemon confirmed for Switch!

in 2018 :ssh:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

LethalGeek posted:

Only reason the 3DS hasn't had a stake driven into it is because there are uh (edit) 66 million?...a lot of them out there already. No harm in doing both for 18 months until they get those 18 million switches sold THEN you tell everyone ok we're done with that old thing time FOR NEW HOTNESS.

At which point we may get a more dedicated handheld instead of "home console that is sometimes a handheld".

I think it's unwise to count any possibility out.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Nintendo just made a dedicated handheld with USB c video out. It's good.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
i want the switch lite already

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's been over three months and I still love my Nintendo Switch by Nintendo.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

LethalGeek posted:

Explain how the new 2DS coming out in a month fits into this theory

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Policenaut posted:

Still waiting for the Vitality Sensor

Look down. :rimshot:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Explain how the new 2DS coming out in a month fits into this theory

Nintendo releases new cheap versions of their last gen hardware all the time right when something new is out. NES and SNES revisions, GBA Micro, Wii Mini, etc.

A mainline Pokémon game on Switch will come eventually unless it nosedives in sales at the end of the year or something.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SeANMcBAY posted:

I legit would like a Switch Fit. You could do the yoga outside.:)

Same Wii U fit caused me to get in much better shape. Video games are both healthy and art.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

It's been over three months and I still love my Nintendo Switch by Nintendo.

Hell, same.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

SeANMcBAY posted:

A mainline Pokémon game on Switch will come eventually unless it nosedives in sales at the end of the year or something.

I'll bet anyone a ban this does not happen, but I need a better finish line than "eventually".

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Nintendo releases new cheap versions of their last gen hardware all the time right when something new is out. NES and SNES revisions, GBA Micro, Wii Mini, etc.

The only exceptions were the VB, N64, GBC, GCN and Wii U

None of which had major hardware redesigns (but did have minor internal revisions)

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Instant Sunrise posted:

The only exceptions were the VB, N64, GBC, GCN and Wii U

None of which had major hardware redesigns (but did have minor internal revisions)

What are you talking about? This is the thread for the Wii U's major hardware redesign. :smuggo:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'll bet anyone a ban this does not happen, but I need a better finish line than "eventually".

DS and 3DS had their mainline game about two to two and a half years into their respective life cycles.

It might happen earlier with Switch depending on how well the platform does, it'd need an install base of around 30m.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Scholtz posted:

What are you talking about? This is the thread for the Wii U's major hardware redesign. :smuggo:

I've pretty much felt this way since day one. Like OOOOH this is what they really wanted to do.

I would think/hope Nintendo wouldn't keep a separate portable line going after this. I'm not sure a Switch Lite that has no dock & bolted on controllers would be the best idea though.

• Locked thread