Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bogart posted:

Sorry, I didn't wanna turn this into ending chat. That said, House's Vegas boosted by the Followers, kept safe by the 'bots and the Kings, utilizing the Big MT tech sounds like one of the best endings for humanity.

"We were going full speed ahead... but facing backwards the whole time."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Bogart posted:

Sorry, I didn't wanna turn this into ending chat. That said, House's Vegas boosted by the Followers, kept safe by the 'bots and the Kings, utilizing the Big MT tech sounds like one of the best endings for humanity.

House represents the best and worst of capitalism-for him, and for those who could afford it, it would be a paradise. For everyone else, it would be just as bad, if not worse.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
On the plus side, if House hosed off to the moon, nobody would have to listen to him prattle on anymore. gently caress off Odo, go back to Bajor.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Arcsquad12 posted:

"We were going full speed ahead... but facing backwards the whole time."

Yeah, but Cass can eat my whole rear end. Only companion who cares about my karma. I was stealing from Silver Rush, you dip. What do you care?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

well that's your fault for modding out the decimal error in ghoul killing karma gains

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
A procedurally generated Karma system based on what the ghoul was like in their previous life. Stay tuned for my mod coming 2021 and support me on Patreon.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Basic Chunnel posted:

The whole point of the Followers is that they won't ever be in charge, they're the first and failed dialectical opposition to NCR's corruption. Caesar got frustrated so he formed the Legion as a reactionary rebuke to its meek humanism and impotence.

Nobody cares why you voted for Trump.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the independent ending is the best ending because my mass murdering hobo is the best at everything and will rule very well with his best friend, Yes Man, tyvm.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

dont be mean to me posted:

Nobody cares why you voted for Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Q7CcINC8M

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Bogart posted:

Yeah, but Cass can eat my whole rear end. Only companion who cares about my karma. I was stealing from Silver Rush, you dip. What do you care?

Have you considered the fact that Cass is the best?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Thats a weird way to spell Raul.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
There are few greater joys in New Vegas than clearing The Fort with Boone.

"Thumbs down, you son of a bitch."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'm an Arcade man, myself, but all companions are good.

Except for Rex. Yes, having a robot dog is cool, but his perk is useless.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What about mod companion Delilah? :bigtran:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm more of a Lonesome Road ED-E kinda guy. Wish I could bring him home

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm more of a Lonesome Road ED-E kinda guy. Wish I could bring him home

This is the modding thread, friend.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Bogart posted:

What about mod companion Delilah? :bigtran:

I'm playing a game right now with Delilah, Vanessa, and Lunette. But I've been playing the fallout 3 side of TTW so Delilah is near useless and Vanessa just bitches about whiskey the whole time. Lunette actually has been leveling up and throwing me items, at least.

I also have the Companions Control thing and the Attack of the 50 Foot Woman mod, so of course I force-recruited the 50 foot woman into my gang. It owns. Somehow she's totally stable, just clips through the ceiling when you go indoors. If there's an upper floor to a room, sometimes you can see the upper half of her body instead. By default she's got sexy sleepwear and a rolling pin, I have her some power armor and a burning engine block on a stick for a weapon. It's like I have a big smashy robot follower, it rules.

edit: NEW GAME PROBLEM! So my inventory refuses to empty out now for some reason. I've done many quests where you lose your poo poo without issue but now I'm having crashes upon that scenario. In fact, trying to manually empty out my inventory crashes too. Whenever I get rid of that final item, whatever it is, I crash. My inventory weight value seems like it's off by a pound, since I'll have 1 pound items and it will say 2 pounds. I've tried adjusting this with player.modav inventoryweight but it hasn't helped any. I could try player.forceav but apparently that's a one way thing and you'll be stuck at whatever value you set that to forever so I'm resistant. Any advice?

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 7, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I love how swank keeps up his chairman persona except when talking about the Omertas. Then he just slides back into his old raider talk

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey, started up a new game and looking for some mod recommendations. First, is there away to turn of Western Skies' sandstorms? Second, are there good mods for flashlights instead of PipBoy light, and for a good TPS camera? I tried Tactical Third Person Camera which was good but had weird issues zooming sometimes and was kinda annoying when weapons were holstered, and DynamiCamera which doesn't have smooth transitions between different positions, and both suffer a lot from parallax at close range, although idk if that can be fixed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've got a question. I don't know if this is a bug or a memory issue. From time to time particularly after extended play sessions, I come across an issue were the landscape starts to drop out. You're walking along and then you fall through the ground and pop back up, essentially hopping across terrain you keep falling through. At first I thought it was the result of two landscape mods conflicting with each other and screwing up the navmesh of the ground, but then I found a spot where it happened, reloaded the save, and the spot was fine again. So now I'm unsure, since the bug appears to hit at random.

Another question: low light vision and ENB. Cateye or the project Nevada vision mods don't seem to work with ENBs, is there a fix for this?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I've got a question. I don't know if this is a bug or a memory issue. From time to time particularly after extended play sessions, I come across an issue were the landscape starts to drop out.
Did you mess with the uGridsToLoad in the .ini file?

StashAugustine posted:

Hey, started up a new game and looking for some mod recommendations. First, is there away to turn of Western Skies' sandstorms? Second, are there good mods for flashlights instead of PipBoy light
If Western Skies didn't come with any sort of configuration tool you could simply remove the sandstorm weather from the area climates. That's very simple thing to do with FNVEdit.
Flashlights: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39968/ & http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39773/

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Raygereio posted:

Did you mess with the uGridsToLoad in the .ini file?

Nope. I think it's just a memory thing because I've tossed every landscape changing mod except for Wasteland Flora. It happens at random, so who knows.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Has anybody successfully attempted to port FO4's radiation system to NV?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rinkles posted:

Lazarus Project.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Far as I can tell that only changes what the radiation meter looks like.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Rinkles posted:

I haven't played it, but doesn't FO4 reduce your max HP as you take on more rads? If so I'm pretty sure I saw that on the Nexus during my last attempt to make sure I spend more time modding this game than playing it, phone posting otherwise I'd link, but I believe it's on there somewhere.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Crindee posted:

I haven't played it, but doesn't FO4 reduce your max HP as you take on more rads? If so I'm pretty sure I saw that on the Nexus during my last attempt to make sure I spend more time modding this game than playing it, phone posting otherwise I'd link, but I believe it's on there somewhere.

This sounds functional from the comments.

RAD - Radiation (is) Actually Dangerous

Author promised upcoming fixes back in March.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So I'm trying to get back into modding NV after a while away. I was wondering what people thought of the JSawyer Ultimate Edition mod? Up until now I've been using the original JSawyer combined with Project Nevada(sans it's Rebalance module). Should I keep my old setup? Upgrade to JSUE? Upgrade to JSUE and drop PN?

It also said on the JSUE page that it doesn't incorporate GRA. Is that anything to worry about if I go from the original JSawyer mod to this one?

I've never used the YUP bugfix patch before. I vaguely remember hearing about how it can cause a lot of issues with other mods. Is that still true, or am I an idiot for not adding it to my mod pile?

What do most people consider the best companion mods? Willow seems to be the most popular, but I don't really care for her.

Canemacar fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 21, 2017

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Russell is a pretty good companion, but is just a normal follower with a quest, no super fancy AI or unique abilities or whatever.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Haven't tried any of the Jsawyers mods, so I can't speak there. The game is buggy, yeah, but in ways that seem usually fixable if you have the console enabled. It's usually just crashes and getting stuck in geometry for me, which eh. Don't need a big bugfix mod. As far as companions: Marcus and Ulysseus. I don't think any of the from-scratch companion mods are particularly good.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I'm going to buy Fallout 3 when the steam sale starts and tie FO3/NV together with TTW, so I can finally try that game without crashing every 10 minutes.

Since FO3/FONV are built on the Oblivion engine, is it possible to create a mod that ties Oblivion together with the Fallouts? And does it already exist?

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 22, 2017

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I'm going to buy Fallout 3 when the steam sale starts and tie FO3/NV together with TTW, so I can finally try that game without crashing every 10 minutes.

Since FO3/FONV are built on the Oblivion engine, is it possible to create a mod that ties Oblivion together with the Fallouts? And does it already exist?

It might technically be possible. Certainly if you're only looking for only the Oblivion worldspace.

It doesn't exist, and I am not aware of anyone with plans to make it happen.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I mean, it's not literally the same engine. There's enough differences that a TTW style conversion would be a lot tougher than fo3 in nv

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I imagine you'd need to either have the source code or go through such a large amount of hacks to reproduce Oblivion's mechanics that it would lead to all sorts of nasty instabilities, not to mention that there's no mod team crazy enough to embark on such a project. They're making an Oblivion to Skyrim conversion, though.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I would pay for a special edition Fallblivion 3: New Vegas from Bethesda that merged all the content from all three games and their DLC. Not sure how you would combine the character systems though.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
You only enter Tamriel after tripping hard on postapoc drugs and if you die in Oblivion, you're ejected out back into the Wasteland

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Turns out magic doesn't really mean poo poo when you have an assault rifle.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I'd be down for a weird Oblivion mod that just puts all of the places and stuff into the Fallout:NV engine but strips out the mechanics. Just pillaging Ayleid ruins with my dude Boone and adding the Elder Scroll to the Sierra Madre treasure.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So what are everyone's favorite player home mods?

I'm using Lombard Station + Afterschool Special because they fit the sort of low-key role-playing run I'm working on. Never cared for giant, immersion breaking underground palaces scattered all over the Mojave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've been using the freeside apartment mod that puts a spot off to the left of the strip gate. It's pretty good.