Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Condiv posted:

*hillary is later panned by racists for not killing PoC with enough style*

remarkable self reflection from a bernout here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i always wonder if taratino intentionally had the actress violently yanked out of the scene or if the effects team just went whole hog on yanking the pull line

i thought samuel jackson shouldve been up for a supporting oscar for his role, that took balls of titanium

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
hillary clinton slave owner so what

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
at least most of those people were probably executed by the state before seeing her attempt to become president

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tfw you realize you carried water for a literal slaveholder ityool 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Well at least she didn't make her black slaves pick cotton.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tfw you realize you carried water for a literal slaveholder ityool 2016

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

i honestly think people are worked up about another pie to smash her in the face with and this will be forgotten by anyone with any influence in the democratic party in a months time (or actively ignored!)

personally, i'm in it to rub bad dems' noses in it because jesus christ.

and they're going to try their damnedest to ignore it to their own peril, because if they don't try to respond to it like the sorkinesque adults in the room they're so fond of pretending to be, it won't go away and it will only get worse.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

got any sevens posted:

i thought samuel jackson shouldve been up for a supporting oscar for his role, that took balls of titanium

he apparently also had to be the one to convince leo to say the n-word because he kept flubbing takes where it was in the dialog

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he apparently also had to be the one to convince leo to say the n-word because he kept flubbing takes where it was in the dialog

he also made the mistake of letting Tarantino himself use it once in 1992 and he hasn't stopped since

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bitchyologist/status/872212767528423425

https://twitter.com/bitchyologist/status/872213381775863808

https://twitter.com/bitchyologist/status/872214071432663042

https://twitter.com/Slaying_Fools/status/872222252850335744

https://twitter.com/Slaying_Fools/status/872225961957146624

https://twitter.com/DrewNutter/status/872227099314081792

You'd think that'd get through. But doubling down...

https://twitter.com/carlckitchen/status/872230894643200000

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually, that last bit i wrote is really unfair to sorkin, because he'd totally write some lame-assed monologue about how sometimes, to accomplish the things you have to do, you have to make the really hard decision to feed a homeless child feet-first into a woodchipper, and that if given the option of whether or not to punt a dolphin calf across a reef, everybody would do it without hesitation because fans of the west wing are incompetent sociopaths.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

he also made the mistake of letting Tarantino himself use it once in 1992 and he hasn't stopped since
the funny part about that sort of thing is that tarantino is half filipino but he tries to hide this fact as best as he can

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

personally, i'm in it to rub bad dems' noses in it because jesus christ.

and they're going to try their damnedest to ignore it to their own peril, because if they don't try to respond to it like the sorkinesque adults in the room they're so fond of pretending to be, it won't go away and it will only get worse.

cant wait for the first dozen comments of every hillary tweet to be "you owned slaves lol"

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Agean90 posted:

cant wait for the first dozen comments of every hillary tweet to be "you owned slaves lol"

It's nice to have my work anticipated.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

loving this is why so many of us are upset with neoliberals and Bad Dems! They twist themselves into pretzels to defend modern indentured servitude and excuse it away by saying it's actually a great experience for the people forced to serve Hillary Clinton in exchange for scraps.

Not only are they completely willing to defend this poo poo because it's about Their Queen, they're also so completely enveloped by the system that they have no idea what it is they're defending. Because it's presented to them in all the right legalistic languages and terms, they convince themselves that, nah, it's not nearly as bad as that horrid 19th century slavery. Not even close!! It's actually, quite good.

Trying to get through to these people is frustrating as hell even when assuming good faith on their parts -- but then you get people who get offended and worked up that someone dared to criticize one of their avatars and see it as a loss of face on their part so they shut down, double down, and refuse to consider things differently.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
wow hillary sucks

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Al! posted:

lmao now i'm picturing jackson on set off to the side rubbing his forehead and muttering "what was i thinking"

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

rule #1: mother is never wrong

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i am also strongly convinced that every single person that worked in the governor's mansion had been rightfully convinced and was definitely a Real Criminal and there's nothing racist about who gets sent to jail

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Trying to get through to these people is frustrating as hell even when assuming good faith on their parts -- but then you get people who get offended and worked up that someone dared to criticize one of their avatars and see it as a loss of face on their part so they shut down, double down, and refuse to consider things differently.

yeah, this is frustrating :q:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dread Abuela's Slave Mansion

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The usual suspects defending this poo poo is loving :discourse:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agean90 posted:

you mean there aren't already?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

you mean there aren't already?

i mean, i'm not about to look because a) twitter (ew) and b) dread abuela (ugh). those are two awful tastes that i would rather not go together.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Oh Snapple! posted:

The usual suspects defending this poo poo is loving :discourse:

loving watching the progression of it's not slavery -> it's good slavery -> slavery is feminist

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ace of Baes posted:

loving watching the progression of it's not slavery -> it's good slavery -> slavery is feminist

ah, how timely

https://twitter.com/nhannahjones/status/872188840836046849

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

is it possible to drown to death in irony because please call 911

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

SKULL.GIF posted:

yes, slay queen?

heh

watch this

YAAAS SLAVE QUEEN

:eyepoop:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i think your obsession with concerned citizen has gone too far Gene Hackman fan it's hard to tell you two apart while phoneposting

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"I'm not trying to defend 'the comment'" (that comment presumably being "I owned slaves lol") "but seriously everyone criticizing her on this is a fratboy currently halfway through a marathon seven-day keg-stand and everybody criticizes her too much anyway and it wasn't REAL slavery and they're happy to have it and"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

logikv9 posted:

i think your obsession with concerned citizen has gone too far Gene Hackman fan it's hard to tell you two apart while phoneposting

well seeing as how they have identical political views

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it's weird seeing people defend a system that was abolished by the supreme court as "actually extremely loving bad" in the 70s

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Trustee system was originally a way to punish black people for breaking anti-unemployment laws it its literally a proxy for slavery designed to coerce black people into jobs with sub-par wages and working conditions.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Al! posted:

it's weird seeing people defend a system that was abolished by the supreme court as "actually extremely loving bad" in the 70s

slave queen enslaves

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

i think you will find i have not made mention of them for nearly a day, logikv9.

what, you think *I* gave myself their av?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Agean90 posted:

Trustee system was originally a way to punish black people for breaking anti-unemployment laws it its literally a proxy for slavery designed to coerce black people into jobs with sub-par wages and working conditions.

This is good actually

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

well seeing as how they have identical political views

them: "hillary clinton was a great candidate"

me: "hillary clinton was a terrible candidate"

yeah, spitting image right there.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010