Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man, there is so much cool stuff to catch up on. I really should have resubbed sooner, since it'll probably all have to take a backseat to Stormblood stuff next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

dogsicle posted:

Brayflox HM is pretty bad but it's the only one of that bunch that really sticks out negatively in my memory. Totally made up for by stuff like Tam Tara HM, Amdapor Keep HM, and the whole chain of unlocking Wanderer's Palace through its hard version.

Hardflox has MEGAPULLS and also drops baby opo-opos and therefore is good.

Copperbell HM is the real stinker of the level 50 dungeons, but mostly suffers from being made early on. The dungeons rapidly improve in overall quality in later patches.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Thundarr posted:

Hardflox has MEGAPULLS and also drops baby opo-opos and therefore is good.
yeah, worst part of hardflox was speedrunning it for whatever the relevant tomestone was at the time. Like A1s now.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

orcane posted:

I liked Brayflox HM at 50 because of how quickly you could run it, and the gear it drops looks nice. Except when it doesn't drop which is 99% of the time, RNG sucks and I eventually gave up on getting my last fistfighter piece.

My experiences probably color things a bit because yeah, I ran it a lot hoping for certain drops and got repeatedly screwed. There's also the question of whether you get a tank/healer who do megapulls and that the last boss is invincible for half the fight.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
When brayflox hard was current I ran the first 2 bosses legit hundreds of times to grind out tomes for myself and fc mates, always had a blast. I remember getting sub-7 min runs and cheering.

For some reason it's still my favorite dungeon, the whole thing can be done in 3 pulls and the bosses are dead simple tank and spanks. Lb boss before the third invuln and beat it before big bomb, bada boom

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Literally the only bad part of Hardflox is that babies complained about speedruns until S-E decided there was no fun allowed in future dungeons

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

Literally the only bad part of Hardflox is that babies complained about speedruns until S-E decided there was no fun allowed in future dungeons

Emptyquoting but also I do get it, it's ridiculous to balance for and it made certain classes less good in a type of content that everyone should be able to enjoy. That said, the only good thing about sastasha hm is the pull before final boss.

Jinh fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 6, 2017

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I don't see a reason not to unlock all the roulettes. Whenever I want to play but don't necessarily have a goal to work towards (like now that I'm sitting at i270) you can just roll through roulettes. Perfect way to spend time while waiting on squadron stuff and the byproduct is that my SAM will be set in the future. Stocked up tomes can get dumped into the PLD anima just for kicks. 50dr is alright, I can't think of anything I've been dropped into where I wanted to die like in LDR.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I still remember the relic party finder listings that were locked to BLM/SMN. You guys brought it upon yourselves. :colbert:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I still remember the relic party finder listings that were locked to BLM/SMN. You guys brought it upon yourselves. :colbert:

The secret was to make your own PF

You'd get a tank instantly because the picky PFs didn't allow paladins

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'd tell most people to unlock 50DR because the next whatever weapon grind that means we need another 27000 poetics to buy some thing to get through the drat quest is a bit more tolerable when you have another roulette to hit up for even more seals when you're doing anything to scrounge up more.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Daynab posted:

Thanks for this, been trying to wrap my head around what our new rotation will be. I'm really excited for MCH after getting over the hypercharge nerf and some other utility getting removed. If heat feels good to manage I'll be sticking with MCH since my other most liked jobs are really getting dumbed down, I feel.

Two things:

- Do you really think Turret Overload is going to be used in the wildfire? Because cutting the duration of hypercharge seems wasteful, and other than that is it going to be worth more than 30 seconds of turret attacks?
- Do we know if you'll be able to use Cooldown while overheating? Not to reduce heat obviously, but just as an extra damage skill.

* If this is a concern, Hypercharge can actually be pushed back, as much as -20 seconds before Wildfire, so in theory, you would be blowing up a turret whose Hypercharge effect has faded or is close to fading, but before the Wildfire wears off the target. Furthermore, Hypercharge's effect sticks around for ten seconds after the last buffed autoattack, so there is a window with which blowing up a non-Hypercharged turret inside of Wildfire is possible.
** Furthermore, I'm thinking that Big Wildfires and Little Wildfires may still be a thing, as Overload and Hypercharge are on 120 second CDs. I haven't yet explored whether or not you would alternate between the two, and whether or not it would be better to combine the two into a single Wildfire, as I'm still trying to track down where I screwed up with my potency math from last night.
* I do not think so, because Cooldown is labeled as a weaponskill, and therefore on the GCD. The only Heated skill that Cooldown would be a DPA advantage over would be a) Heated Split with no ammo, 2) uncomboed Heated Slug, and iii) Uncomboed Heated Clean. However, as mentioned in the first iteration, there is a case where you would actually want to do the uncomboed Heated Slug, (albeit with ammo) so you can get a procced Heated Clean shot up and blinking, much as you would have now.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 6, 2017

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Thundarr posted:

Hardflox has MEGAPULLS and also drops baby opo-opos the goblin illuminati raiding brayflox to steal her recipe for cheese and therefore is good.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Thank you. It's about time someone spoke to the real reason Hardflox Cheesestop is the best dungeon.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

LethalGeek posted:

I'd tell most people to unlock 50DR because the next whatever weapon grind that means we need another 27000 poetics to buy some thing to get through the drat quest is a bit more tolerable when you have another roulette to hit up for even more seals when you're doing anything to scrounge up more.

i think new relic is going to require no currencies at all we use now. isn't it entirely eureka based?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i think new relic is going to require no currencies at all we use now. isn't it entirely eureka based?

All I'd heard was "Will be upgraded in Eureka", and the weapon upgrading process "will be quite different", so probably, but considering how little we know about Eureka and the relics that's not exactly conclusive.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I keep wanting to sit down and play this some then I remember that SB isn't actually out yet. drat it's gonna be a slow couple of weeks.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Ciaphas posted:

I keep wanting to sit down and play this some then I remember that SB isn't actually out yet. drat it's gonna be a slow couple of weeks.

Race chocobos

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Ciaphas posted:

If you've pre-ordered, early access is in 9 days. So only a little over a week rather than weeks.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Do I have to wait til then to enter my steam code? When I tried it on mogstation I got a "invalid code" error, and the bonus item code said it was already used...

Bourgeoisie
Nov 19, 2007

One ticket, please.
lol apparently LBR complained about comments from something awful posters this week

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

TheRagamuffin posted:

Do I have to wait til then to enter my steam code? When I tried it on mogstation I got a "invalid code" error, and the bonus item code said it was already used...

If you preordered there's a preorder site that you put that code in and it gives you the mogstation code.

Just in case you didn't already do this.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Bourgeoisie posted:

lol apparently LBR complained about comments from something awful posters this week

Who's LBR?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Bourgeoisie posted:

What did they say?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

If you preordered there's a preorder site that you put that code in and it gives you the mogstation code.

Just in case you didn't already do this.

And as near as I can tell this isn't even the code that actually gives you Stormblood access once the early period ends.

Who the gently caress designed this poo poo?

Bourgeoisie
Nov 19, 2007

One ticket, please.

an ffxiv podcast where they complain about the state of the game constantly without providing any reasonable solutions. Usual talking points are that the game is catering to casuals and SE is bleeding numbers/ignoring vets. I get that they are from the ffxi days, but it seems silly to keep comparing this game to it.

I only skipped around cause I wanted to listen to something while farming mgp chocobo racing, but they called out some posters a week ago criticizing their opinion on jump potions/single button combos. Also made fun of the forum for having a paywall, but then 3 out of 5 of them admitted to having an account? Mainly listened cause Fusionx was on and discussed his time at the media tour, but for a good portion of the time they just talked over what he had to say.

edit: it's towards the end of the most recent episode if anyone wants to hear it for themselves

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

And as near as I can tell this isn't even the code that actually gives you Stormblood access once the early period ends.

Yeah, the preorder bonus/early access code, and the permanent full access code are separate things. The actual cd keys don't get sent out until the release date.
If they just had 1 key that they gave you upon preordering, then amazon and other sellers that don't charge you until the release date would get screwed.

The part where you have to plug your bonus code into a site to get a different code to plug into mogstation is weird though.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
lbr casual babies

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bourgeoisie posted:

an ffxiv podcast where they complain about the state of the game constantly without providing any reasonable solutions. Usual talking points are that the game is catering to casuals and SE is bleeding numbers/ignoring vets. I get that they are from the ffxi days, but it seems silly to keep comparing this game to it.

I only skipped around cause I wanted to listen to something while farming mgp chocobo racing, but they called out some posters a week ago criticizing their opinion on jump potions/single button combos. Also made fun of the forum for having a paywall, but then 3 out of 5 of them admitted to having an account? Mainly listened cause Fusionx was on and discussed his time at the media tour, but for a good portion of the time they just talked over what he had to say.

edit: it's towards the end of the most recent episode if anyone wants to hear it for themselves

The opinion being that they're no big deal?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Square Enix don't really understand the internet and never have, just look at playonline

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Red Red Blue posted:

Square Enix don't really understand the internet and never have. For more, check out PlayOnline!

Bourgeoisie
Nov 19, 2007

One ticket, please.

hobbesmaster posted:

The opinion being that they're no big deal?

their opinion that jump potions will ruin the longevity game, make it pay to win, take away from the hard work of 'vets', etc.

OpinionCushion
May 6, 2002
It doesn't look like an ice sculpture.... OR DOES IT??
LBR is basically conservative talk radio for FFXIV. They'd be more convincing if they did even a minimal amount of research or had hosts who actually played the game.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I tried listening to that once and had to shut it off because it was like this dude shrieking his head off for five minutes about how if his dumb story theory wasn't true then square hosed up and cursing and shouting at some lady who was calmly disagreeing. I can't think of anything worse then someone going full skip bayless about final fantasy. Or anything really.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I tried listening to that once and had to shut it off because it was like this dude shrieking his head off for five minutes about how if his dumb story theory wasn't true then square hosed up and cursing and shouting at some lady who was calmly disagreeing. I can't think of anything worse then someone going full skip bayless about final fantasy. Or anything really.

What was the theory?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

M.c.P posted:

Not a bad source for deminateria and rare mats if you can handle leveling desynthesis.

Edit: oh yeah and after SB they'll be useful for buying HW crafting mats.

is desynthesis worth skilling up at this point? Turning dungeon loot into materials is appealing but it seems expensive to level

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Flavahbeast posted:

is desynthesis worth skilling up at this point? Turning dungeon loot into materials is appealing but it seems expensive to level

Expensive as loving hell and I'm nowhere near breaking even with my stuff, but it might be more worthwhile come stormblood if I can keep it up.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002069.html

I'd rather they just replace pve protect with pvp protect.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If you're market board savvy you can level pretty much every class up to desynth all ARR mats by finding the cheap poo poo on the MB and buying it up. Just look for weapons/armor that have dozens listed for sub 1000 gil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Well, this is profoundly odd. Just set up my laptop so I could play FF14 while watching TV and such, and for some reason I can't install it, despite being on the exact same network. Any advice?

• Locked thread