Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Future dickhead president of America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUkk9yKcHEQ

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
OF loving COURSE RUSSIAN HACKERS KICKED OFF THE QATAR CRISIS

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/872211765051969536

https://twitter.com/betsy_klein/status/872212402556854274

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

:stare:

Is there anything they DON'T have compromised?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Jesus Russian game is strong.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The cold war never ended, the name of one of the players just changed, and now we have a president in office who is so inept as to be worthless, so Russia is playing their hand a bit to try to flip the geopolitical chess board as it were.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I get why Russia wants to dick over the US, what do they gain from loving around in Qatar?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Destabilizing everything so they can keep being Russia. Divide and conquer.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

It's generally safe to assume most government actors are able to penetrate commercial and most other non-government non-specifically secured systems. The question is more who's willing to tip their hand and/or deal with blowback, and clearly Russia stands out on both.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

bird food bathtub posted:

I get why Russia wants to dick over the US, what do they gain from loving around in Qatar?

It dicks over the US by creating further instability in the Middle East, which for the life of us we just cannot seem to get out of. And if it effects oil prices, it's good for Russia, because their economy is in the utter tank and they're completely dependent on oil exports.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There's a secret y'all need to know.

https://twitter.com/MKhan47/status/872217490591547395

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/872217811120160769

Donald Trump doesn't like firing people. Especially now that they could become witnesses.

He was so close to gone, but Donnie kept him :gonk:

article link: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/attorney-general-jeff-sessions-suggested-resign-amid-rising/story?id=47875090

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 6, 2017

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

Until last week, they were an ally.

The Russians are taking our own strategy of isolation and using it against us.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I had a very uncomfortable dream last night about being at literal war with Russia. It was not fun.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

cowboy elvis posted:

pretty much

I'm expecting Comey to not drop serious bombs but who the gently caress knows

This was me until Trump basically announced he'll be live-tweeting the whole shindig. Now I'm expecting a proper clusterfuck.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

orange juche posted:

The cold war never ended, the name of one of the players just changed, and now we have a president in office who is so inept as to be worthless, so Russia is playing their hand a bit to try to flip the geopolitical chess board as it were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW12BT9pYEw

Also,
Comey Told Sessions: Don’t Leave Me Alone With Drumpf

:lol:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
CNN is telling me the Keebler Klansman offered up resignation to the Donald.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Wasabi the J posted:

I had a very uncomfortable dream last night about being at literal war with Russia. It was not fun.

Well then don't vote for me when I run in 2020. Because the USSR and Turkey are going to be contracted when I win.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This was me until Trump basically announced he'll be live-tweeting the whole shindig. Now I'm expecting a proper clusterfuck.

Its going to be a clusterfuck anyway. Reds will be trying to accuse Comey of undermining Trump and lying about everything in the memos. The blues will be hammering Russia Russia Russia, with a sprinkling of collusion and obstruction of justice. Comey will just repeat over and over that he was uncomfortable but didn't consider it big enough to run to congress until he was fired. Its going to be irritating as gently caress and a complete waist of time.

Muller is the only one that matters right now, and he doesn't matter unless the reds lose the house in 2018.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

CNN is telling me the Keebler Klansman offered up resignation to the Donald.

k that's my new name for him

Meanwhile, oh my god the Comey hearing keeps getting hyped.

quote:

The nation’s top intelligence official told associates in March that President Trump asked him if he could intervene with then-FBI Director James B. Comey to get the bureau to back off its focus on former national security adviser Michael Flynn in its Russia probe, according to officials.

On March 22, less than a week after being confirmed by the Senate, Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats attended a briefing at the White House together with officials from several government agencies. As the briefing was wrapping up, Trump asked everyone to leave the room except for Coats and CIA Director Mike Pompeo.

The president then started complaining about the FBI investigation and Comey’s handling of it, said officials familiar with the account Coats gave to associates. Two days earlier, Comey had confirmed in a congressional hearing that the bureau was probing whether Trump’s campaign coordinated with Russia during the 2016 race.

After the encounter, Coats discussed the conversation with other officials and decided that intervening with Comey as Trump had suggested would be inappropriate, according to officials who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal matters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.41b510741dea

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's a limit of how much bullshit the GOP will put up with before even they will push for impeachment.

Unfortunately, it's a very high limit and it's about one notch below annihilation.

We might get to that limit before the end of the year, who knows. I bet you if GA-06 flips it's going to be very interesting from then on.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
fun fact: https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/872244213085343744

10AM tomorrow is Coats on Capitol Hill. It just got a lot more interesting.

10AM Thursday is Comey day. Previews are leaking out everywhere.

The House of Representatives just cancelled their Friday session :laugh:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't want president pence more than anyone else does, but I'm pretty sure the Rs aren't going to do anything to Donnie unless he turns off the nationalism and starts agreeing with anything a democrat says.

He's a loving idiot, but I'd rather the idiot hold the wheel while Congress stays locked up than hand the keys to that cornfed Indiana asspile of a human being.

Trump is the stopped clock, but instead of twice a day, it's one of those army clocks with a 24 hour face. Pence would just waste time trying to drag us back to bible land, and he's much better at hiding poo poo from the limelight than Donnie Dumbass.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Came here to post the Coats story.

That may be a bigger pants making GBS threads and :newlol: open session than Comey.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
On the positive side of life (sort of), apparently a couple of Muslim groups raised 500k crowd funding for the families of the two guys who got murdered standing up for those Muslim girls.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

On the positive side of life (sort of), apparently a couple of Muslim groups raised 500k crowd funding for the families of the two guys who got murdered standing up for those Muslim girls.

I don't have the article handy, but apparently there's over 100 imams in Britain who are refusing to bury the recent attackers in London.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

redneck nazgul posted:

I don't have the article handy, but apparently there's over 100 imams in Britain who are refusing to bury the recent attackers in London.

Must've been weird to be the chaplain who was told "do your loving job" regarding OBL unless the story about his burial (at sea) services were Fake Press Release.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

Must've been weird to be the chaplain who was told "do your loving job" regarding OBL unless the story about his burial (at sea) services were Fake Press Release.

Yeah, but those imams only have to answer to Allah. Do you know how many full-birds would be up that chaplain's rear end?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Comey thread up and running so we can get in on any possible hilarity from the Wednesday Coats testimony.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I don't want president pence more than anyone else does, but I'm pretty sure the Rs aren't going to do anything to Donnie unless he turns off the nationalism and starts agreeing with anything a democrat says.

He's a loving idiot, but I'd rather the idiot hold the wheel while Congress stays locked up than hand the keys to that cornfed Indiana asspile of a human being.

Trump is the stopped clock, but instead of twice a day, it's one of those army clocks with a 24 hour face. Pence would just waste time trying to drag us back to bible land, and he's much better at hiding poo poo from the limelight than Donnie Dumbass.

If Trump gets impeached, it won't be soon.
And it won't be instant.
By the time Pence gets in the big chair, he'll have been weakened and the party will have been weakened that he probably will face a hostile Congress.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Republicans will agree to impeach when the base turns on Trump. So, never.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

redneck nazgul posted:

Yeah, but those imams only have to answer to Allah. Do you know how many full-birds would be up that chaplain's rear end?

Yeah once you get off the ground and you're not dealing with particularly lovely brass they're acutely aware of the political (as in "hearts and minds" if you will, not as in "how the war plays in peoria" but I guess that would apply in some cases too) ramifications of certain actions because hell they're old and just want to retire without a quagmire stuck to their name. Higher-ups would probably be making drat sure OBL got a by-the-book sea burial in accordance with all applicable Quranic rites and particular Sunni funereal practices as applicable, because they need nothing less than to deal with more dead soldiers because some fuckup on a boat decided to dry-hump the corpse of a dead terrorist, no matter how hated he was.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Our company flew in people from our London and Australia offices in this week for training. I was talking to the London people about the attacks. They all shared the common sentiment of, "gently caress them. we're still all happy and going to the pub."

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
One of the dudes that got killed in Portland was from my old unit, my old battalion that is. I was in Germany, then after I left they re-flagged and the battalion guidon went back to the states. I guess he was with the group of guys that deployed to Afghanistan after us. The unit vet association is pretty tight knit, so I ended up hearing about it on our facebook group first. Seems like he was a really good dude.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mods namechange me to The Keebler Klansman please

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mike-o posted:

One of the dudes that got killed in Portland was from my old unit, my old battalion that is. I was in Germany, then after I left they re-flagged and the battalion guidon went back to the states. I guess he was with the group of guys that deployed to Afghanistan after us. The unit vet association is pretty tight knit, so I ended up hearing about it on our facebook group first. Seems like he was a really good dude.

Well he died fighting an armed Nazi lunatic with nothing but his fists in defense of others, so yeah I'd say he was a good dude.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea dude went out being cool

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I can think of few better ways to go.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Barry and Justin had a date

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/872263834559549440

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

God drat we didn't deserve a president as good as him, really.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm disappointed with the way Justin has been handling his time in office

But goddamn I'm loving the shade he's throwing at Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/336557-foreign-relations-chairman-stunned-silenced-by-trumps-qatar-tweets

quote:

Asked for his reaction, Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) first said he hadn’t seen the tweets.

Told by a reporter that Trump accused Qatar of being a state sponsor of terrorism, Corker responded, in a notably lower register, “The president?”

Reporters responded yes, and five seconds of silence later, Corker followed up: “When did that occur?”
Told that it happened Tuesday morning, Corker stood silent for about another 10 seconds.

“I, um, I want to go back and see specifically what he has said,” Corker finally said.

(unrelated)
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/872247491760181249

News? What news?

• Locked thread