Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Zelder posted:

Torterra sucks.

torterra is cool!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Torterra could make it into SSB as a clone of Ivysaur.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The big update: the player character will emote as appropriate

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Dehry posted:

It's an alternate dimension with the same events. Maybe it's the dimension all the Fallers come from.

I thought most the fallers came from the other version, sun from moon and moon from sun.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

In UltraSUMO, Mohn is an evil professor and Lusamine is a chill-rear end hippie.
Nebby gets in the bag.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

New game in the same engine with a few more Pokemons? Sure, sounds good.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Personally I can't wait for Lycanroc's third form

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The main side game in USUM will be a golf RPG (like Mario Golf GBC and GBA)

with Kahili as the player character

and Togedemaru as the golf balls

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

Personally I can't wait for Lycanroc's third form

This time, it's your own personal fursona.

On a more serious note, the phrase "alternate storyline" brings to mind more the type of changes added by Crystal/Emerald/Platinum than BW2, which, if I remember correctly, was advertised as having a "new storyline" (as it did).

Also why did the VC get all four Gen I games but Gen II isn't getting Crystal. :( Come on Game Freak, that was the first video game I'd ever played and my cart got stolen by the store I had asked to change the battery in it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 6, 2017

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

hopeandjoy posted:

This time, it's your own personal fursona.

But enough about Sonic Forces.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Pentaro posted:

Nebby gets in the bag.

mods????????????????????????

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

uSuMo is surely gonna be something like you're on the other side of the portal you can open to change day/night right? Was that like, a canon alternate reality? I don't remember the in-game explanation

It would change the game too much to have there be real gyms and poo poo I imagine, so it's probably not gonna be a BW2 thing...

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Waffles Inc. posted:

uSuMo is surely gonna be something like you're on the other side of the portal you can open to change day/night right? Was that like, a canon alternate reality? I don't remember the in-game explanation

It would change the game too much to have there be real gyms and poo poo I imagine, so it's probably not gonna be a BW2 thing...

I think that was the alternate reality, especially since you find another Nebby in the other world and the moon and sun references have swapped places

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The in game explanation was that the player character went to another world. It only really served to get Cosmog so there might be something more next time.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
where are the stars! i was told there would be stars

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurtofan posted:

where are the stars! i was told there would be stars

The Sun is a star, and now it's ultra

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I wish we had actual information beyond a 5 second trailer for a game that comes out in 5 months. At least Ultra Solgaleo looks improved.

I hope this goes full bizarro alternate reality and all the characters are gender swapped and stuff.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

If they follow the same hype pattern last year, we should get info every two weeks or so and then when the game comes out we'll realize they showed us literally everything.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Shneak posted:

I hope this goes full bizarro alternate reality and all the characters are gender swapped and stuff.

So, male Tsareena

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wonder if the lack of Crystal is because they're going to release it later with online functionality restored.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

So should we expect a whole new region for the Switch game when it comes or

oh poo poo

they're going to remake Red/Blue for the mainline Switch launch aren't they

(barring that, is it conceivable that we get an utterly massive game with like, every region or something? a mega game?)

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

less laughter posted:

So, male Tsareena

No, that gets retconned like it should be.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm kind of baffled at how they apparently don't plan to put these expanded games on the switch

they have the game pretty much already made for the 3DS, since it doesn't look like much is changing. assumedly the cost to port it to the switch just wasn't worth it, or they didn't have enough people to do it. gamefreak is still a pretty small studio all things considered

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I imagine good Pokemon on the Switch would move a few units. I know Gamefreak doesn't actually care about that but Nintendo ought to.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i wish people would stop asking for red blue remakes, we've gone back to that drat region three times already

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

HellCopter posted:

I imagine good Pokemon on the Switch would move a few units. I know Gamefreak doesn't actually care about that but Nintendo ought to.

They don't have any excess units to move at the moment.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

mandatory lesbian posted:

or they didn't have enough people to do it. gamefreak is still a pretty small studio all things considered

there is no reason they should stay that way though, they have billions

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i wish people would stop asking for red blue remakes, we've gone back to that drat region three times already

Its been 8 years since HG/SS and 15 since FR/LG.

I'm not clamoring for them or anything, but its been a long time since we had a game set in Kanto. I'd prefer a sequel more than a remake though, with an expanded dex.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ohtsam posted:

They don't have any excess units to move at the moment.

I don't understand why people think a system that is so in demand it is perpetually sold out needs a boost.

Here's hoping I can finish everything in Festival Plaza I wanted to collect before November.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My one hope for if Ultra goes for the alternate/mirror world thing - In the other world, my god drat shiny charm works at all! :argh:

Also, Solgaloe looks less dumb in the necroarmor thing. So I'm happy that exists. Even if it just looks like one of those Star Ocean Machine Lion Sphinx things now.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Meanwhile Lunala gets a weird set of vestigial T-Rex arms coming out of its torso.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

HellCopter posted:

Meanwhile Lunala gets a weird set of vestigial T-Rex arms coming out of its torso.

They're low enough to be the legs it's always dreamed of having.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

HellCopter posted:

Calling it an "alternate storyline" has me worried. Sun/Moon felt like half a story to begin with, I'd get pretty excited for a sequel but not a weird parallel universe version.

Hey, I skipped B&W2. How did they explain you not having any Pokemon?

What felt half-finished about Sun and Moon's story? I thought it was more than solid.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

less laughter posted:

The main side game in USUM will be a golf RPG (like Mario Golf GBC and GBA)

with Kahili as the player character

and Togedemaru as the golf balls

I can only wish so hard.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
So essentially paired third versions. We wouldn't have gotten this under Iwata!

quote:

Iwata
Like a difference in color—for example, "How about coming out with Pokémon Gray Version?"

Ishihara
Yeah. But lots of players were expecting us to follow the same pattern, so for the first time we decided to try adding a "2" for a pleasant surprise.

Iwata
Something else that's different from the pattern so far is that you're releasing two games. When I first heard that, I couldn't help but say, "Huh? Two?!"

Ishihara
That sort of surprise is what gives this product its newness. I'd like to have Masuda-san and Unno-san talk about what we aimed for in sequels to Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version.

Iwata
All right, Masuda-san?

Masuda
I'm Masuda from Game Freak. As for why we're releasing two, we thought of a game mechanic to put in when we were developing Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, but we didn't have enough time to do it. We needed two games for that, so this time we decided to make two.

Iwata
So that's why you made two.

Masuda
Yes. A little later, we thought of making them sequels. When you told me that if we were going to release something for the Nintendo DS system, we had to come up with something new, I was really worried. (laughs) Then I thought, "How about sequels?"

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

So the newsletter was sent out and it pretty clearly states that there are "new additions to the storyline", so I think that at this point it's pretty obvious that we're looking at third version additions rather than sequels. If I remember the marketing for BW2 correctly, they said it had a new storyline right away.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Is there a new Pokken threat floating around so I can listen to people complain about Mewtwo again?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I get it.

But I suddenly feel like I spent way too much on a system just to play BotW right now.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

So the newsletter was sent out and it pretty clearly states that there are "new additions to the storyline", so I think that at this point it's pretty obvious that we're looking at third version additions rather than sequels. If I remember the marketing for BW2 correctly, they said it had a new storyline right away.

That seemed pretty clear from the trailer I thought.

I kinda hope the plot editions are mostly post-game stuff because I don't know if there's really anything in the main story that needs expanding. Maybe give Mina a real trial or something but I don't know what else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

I wonder if the lack of Crystal is because they're going to release it later with online functionality restored.

Dont do this to me