Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

What time does the card start Saturday in the US?

10 PM Eastern/7PM Pacific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Ty1990 posted:

What time does the card start Saturday in the US?

Normal time. Cards air here on Sunday afternoon so they're just holding it then.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

TJ agreed to MM's demand for his fight purse

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

gently caress it

Make the fight

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I'm especially sympathetic to DJ because he lost his lucrative video game sponsorship because of the Reebok deal.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

...and the pitch! posted:

gently caress it

Make the fight

They might as well now, drat.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

This is cool because it's one of the points that DJ raised on the MMA hour yesterday. That if the UFC had actually taken any of his demands to TJ all three parties could have engaged in some kind of meaningful negotiation and the fight could have moved forward, instead Dana and Shelby instantly told DJ to go gently caress himself and threatened to dissolve the division if he did not accept the fight as is.

Now we have TJ, who presumably never heard about any of DJ's contract requests, agreeing to the requests and the fight could potentially actually happen if the UFC agrees to put the purse stipulations in the bout agreement.

We spent several pages going back and forth about PPV points, but for DJ it really sounds like PPV points was a small part of the issues he had with the UFC, since he initially accepted the Borg fight without PPV points, and his speaking out seems to have more to do with the irrationally lovely treatment from Dana and Shelby.

The pettiness of this reminds me of when the UFC tried to get Tony to fight Michael Johnson on 24 hours notice, for far less money, when Khabib never even made it to the scale at UFC 209. Tony refused and the event went on with nothing but the dreadful Woodley vs Thompson II to remember it by, when they could have just done right by Tony and had what would probably have been an entertaining co-main with Tony and Michael Johnson.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 7, 2017

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Memento posted:

They might as well now, drat.

Fingers crossed!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TJ's going to kill himself to make weight and then get smashed by DJ in the ring. This will rule.

I mean... wolf tickets.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

By chance does Anyone have a fight club code they aren't going to use for the 214 presale tomorrow?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
TJ vs mighty mouse will be a really good fight if it happens

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I want to see TJ/DJ so bad, pls DJ

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I listened to the MMA hour and it really sounded like DJ gave no fucks about fighting TJ after everything that happened. Ariel asked what was the tipping point and DJ said it was when Dana told him that he was ruining this for TJ. So it sounds like he's not going to fight him on principle. I mean, never say never. UFC could certainly offer PPV points and TJ's guarantee and a dump truck of money, but I don't think its happening.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

attackmole posted:

'People don't like flyweights because they can't finish each other'

More like cause they can't even finish their dinners

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

manyak posted:

TJ vs mighty mouse will be a really good fight if it happens

Yeah it has that good fight feeling

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'd say that tj offering up his purse as assurance should go a long way to making the fight happen but if mighty mouse tells everyone to gently caress off i honestly don't blame him but it would definitely be a bad, and pretty petty career move.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Not to be spittin' hot takes or anything but in general fighters probably should be paid a lot more

Thanks for reading

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Auron posted:

Are we REALLY that concerned that TJ isn't going to make weight? Yeah he's never fought at 125, but TJ comes across as a disciplined dude, and its not like he's huge at 135.

Lineker is substantially smaller, like by a full three inches (That's the height difference between JDS and Michael Bisping), has fought at featherweight (or tried to) 8 times, and has missed weight fully half those times

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

threeagainstfour posted:

By chance does Anyone have a fight club code they aren't going to use for the 214 presale tomorrow?

Yeah, I'll PM you.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Snowman_McK posted:

Lineker is substantially smaller, like by a full three inches (That's the height difference between JDS and Michael Bisping), has fought at featherweight (or tried to) 8 times, and has missed weight fully half those times

flyweight, but yeah. But Lineker also has a head the size of a pumpkin.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CommonShore posted:

flyweight, but yeah. But Lineker also has a head the size of a pumpkin.

Anthony Pettis does not, was a tiny lightweight, and still hosed up his weight cut.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Want to try Nate's weed...

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Snowman_McK posted:

Anthony Pettis does not, was a tiny lightweight, and still hosed up his weight cut.

And Anthony Johnson has wins over a top-ten Heavyweight but was able to make Welterweight. And then he missed weight at Middleweight. And Demian Maia fought for the title at Middleweight and is now a top-ranked Welterweight.

Now that we have enough data points to accurately assess TJ's ability to make 125, I think that :shrek:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
DJ is also mad that nobody created an award winning weed and made him the face of it.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/872279312891817986

Megan Anderson is the invicta featherweight champ, and she's a 6-footer so she's big enough to be a legit FW who has trouble cutting to 135. She won her last 4 fights by KO, finished her last 6 wins, and never fought Cyborg, so it could be the only potential opponent for Cyborg who might be interesting. If they don't strip de Randamie, then I assume this would be for an interim championship.

edit: Megan is also very active, 3-4 fights a year. So if she actually beat Cyborg, the UFC might be able to market a WFW champ who isn't a flake.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 7, 2017

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I'll have to watch it again, but I think she was getting hit pretty often by charmaine tweet, a fitness lady who decide to try MMA. I don't see megan really having anything for cyborg, but I hope i am very wrong.

I got the solution to DJ/TJ. DJ should demand PPV points and to be the co-main of Mayweather/Conor. lol

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Normal time. Cards air here on Sunday afternoon so they're just holding it then.

Thank you sir and also threeagainstfour.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Megan and Cyborg should absolutely fight each other for a belt, in Invicta, with the rest of 145

Cyborg should never have a UFC title

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

chaleski posted:

Megan and Cyborg should absolutely fight each other for a belt, in Invicta, with the rest of 145

Cyborg should never have a UFC title

Amen

Nice user name too

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I want the fight to happen because I'm happy for Megan Anderson, she's fun to watch in Invicta and it would be nice to see her earn real money. If she actually won that would be a good thing.

Cyborg will probably pummel her though, and then we'll have to keep hearing about her poo poo.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CommonShore posted:

And Anthony Johnson has wins over a top-ten Heavyweight but was 'able' to 'make' 'Welterweight'.

I do really feel sorry for the current generation of MMA fans, who only know Anthony Johnson as 'successful but mercurial Light Heavyweight' and not as 'world's giantest Welterweight.'

Rigel posted:

edit: Megan is also very active, 3-4 fights a year. So if she actually beat Cyborg, the UFC might be able to market a WFW champ who isn't a flake.

Also, one who doesn't look like the thing Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman teamed up to fight.

I know it's mean to mock a fighter for their looks, but Cyborg's are largely her own fault.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Snowman_McK posted:

Also, one who doesn't look like the thing Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman teamed up to fight.

I know it's mean to mock a fighter for their looks, but Cyborg's are largely her own fault.

Megan's charming Aussie accent would help her marketability too.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Snowman_McK posted:

I do really feel sorry for the current generation of MMA fans, who only know Anthony Johnson as 'successful but mercurial Light Heavyweight' and not as 'world's giantest Welterweight.'

There is some Brazilian steroid that makes all the men look alike. JDS and jacare and a few others I can't remember have cyborgs same huge lips and puffy eyes. Bigfoot looks like this too but he has a legit glandular disorder.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
She'll fight Cyborg 3-4 times a year because there is no one else in that division

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

vaginal facsimile posted:

yeah

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

vaginal facsimile posted:

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
take it to willie dees ped thread

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bundt Cake posted:

take it to willie dees ped thread

lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Ben10MMA/status/871872033478500353

https://twitter.com/TElliott125/status/871896924814581761

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
dj is an amazing fighter to watch and i like him a lot, but i wouldn't mind much if they actually closed the division. that would make BW incredibly deep with a ton of cool matchups at the top.

the top 10 of bw are all cool fighters with the exception of caraway, and adding DJ/cejudo/benavidez/elliott would be good

• Locked thread