Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Hockles posted:

It's lonely on the Bone. Come be my friend. :unsmith:

Listen to him, come Bone with us.

Wait....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Basebf555 posted:

I'm getting freaked out reactions from people in the lobby when they see my Jason icon, they have no idea what it is.

Same. :)

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Am I just unusually lucky then? I've played against Savini Jason several times. I didn't know it was that rare to see it.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Do you still have to stay to the very end of the game to get all the xp?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Knifegrab posted:

I believe so. I've been disconnected from a few XP heavy games for myself, and I didn't see a rise in my CP.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Man do i buy this game on PS4

Yes.

I'll be your friend and murder you with Savini Jason.

Come to :gooncamp:ers

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I bought the savini skin, gently caress yeah. Anyone actually salty about it can just eat my rear end get rekt.

They're going to take it away, aren't they?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I bought the savini skin, gently caress yeah. Anyone actually salty about it can just eat my rear end get rekt.

How do you buy it?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Knifegrab posted:

How do you buy it?

There was like a 30 minute window on PS4 in the USA region today.

Xbone, PC, and heathen countries with dumb time zones got owned.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Yes.

I'll be your friend and murder you with Savini Jason.

Come to :gooncamp:ers

They're going to take it away, aren't they?
It looks like people are going to be getting a sort of refund for buying Savini.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Knifegrab posted:

Yes, you get a 500xp "finish match" bonus but anything else you earn stays with you if you quick early.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Alteisen posted:

gently caress its down already, says I'm not allowed to view it. :negative:

ALWAYS WHEN I'M IN CLASS. :argh:

Drop out and get serious about your gaming.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

KOMI posted:

Notes are the same as the PC patch I think but in case anyone hasn't seen yet:

Improvements:
– Matchmaking Fixes. Should decrease amount of time it takes to match make.
– Added a Random option in the lobby.
– Increased effectiveness of Jason and Counselor spawn preference options. Shuffling the possible Jason list 3x as much to help randomness.
– Disabled inhale sound effect for breathing while in a hiding spot.
– Made dead body stingers less obnoxious: Ignored while being pursued by Jason; 10s cooldown; Will not fire for witnessed nearby deaths.

Fixes:

– Various fixes to the different glitch / hide / exploit spots
– Fixed issue where you have infinite stamina.
– Fixed a few areas where the player couldn’t reach with Jason. Also fixed a stuck spot on Packanack.
– Fixed perk roller UI sometimes getting stuck if there is an error talking to the database.
– Fixed session heartbeat requests to be more resilient to service failures.
– Fixed character hair stretching at lower frame rate.
– Fixed Jason not always aborting the knife throw when stunned.
– Fixed a case where it was possible to get stuck in a knife throw.
– Fixed some visibility issues with the door interaction icons.
– Fixed some placement issues with dropped items.
– Fixed Jason’s mask floating when knocked off.
– Fixed Jason not always cancelling shift or morph if they hit a car in reverse.
– Fixed an issue with the hiding spot exit code.
– Fixed Counselors potentially getting stuck inside of a wall if hit while climbing through a window at the perfect time.
– Fixed Rotate Minimap With Player not updating when changed until a map change.
– Fixed some host specific crashes.
– Fixed people being able to share settings save games.
– Fixes for DLC

Still no custom key mapping? Looks like I'm still not buying this game.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

kid sinister posted:

That's a PS4 patch.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kid sinister posted:

Oh no! Some sperg won't buy the game because he can't customize the keyboard lay out for his diabetic ham hands.

No one cares. Game is fun.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also seriously if the controls on the keyboard gently caress with you, and I can sympathise with that to an extent though mine is just the number keys, just use the controller.

The controller is pretty intuitive and works just fine on PC since it's not exactly needing the finesse of the mouse and keyboard.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

quote:

I am a grown man that put my heart and 2 plus years into following this game like s lot of people and donated day one $500 and because of Sony screwing up now these kids out there that had none of the above including passion or care get it for $6? 

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

This game really is good, isn't it? I've been fighting the urge to buy it, but I have a feeling this is where my weekend is going.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Open Marriage Night posted:

This game really is good, isn't it? I've been fighting the urge to buy it, but I have a feeling this is where my weekend is going.

Owns.

Buy it.

Get rekt.

Good times.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I don't care about the skin but I really like Savini Jason's stats and I wish there was one in the base game with them. He has great strengths and probably the least-bad weaknesses if you aren't a telegrabber.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Snatch Duster posted:

Oh no! Some sperg won't buy the game because he can't customize the keyboard lay out for his diabetic ham hands.

No one cares. Game is fun.

Yeah, gently caress the disabled. Serves em right for getting run over or their fingers shot off in Iraq. gently caress lefties too while we're at it.

Occasionally people that aren't massive pieces of poo poo like you also like to play games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

This is my favorite multiplayer game in a long time. Maybe in a few weeks I might get tired of it but currently it's awesome. It's nice to play an online game that feels like something I haven't played before in one form or another. I really hope the game is popular enough to justify one or two more maps.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i went ahead and just bought this game on Xbox and i had a few questions

1.What is even the point of having combat mode? Seems like all Councillors are going to run and Jason is just going to grab kill everybody.

2.Does fear go down over time or are you a shining beacon to Jason all round if you get freaked out?

3.How do you use items? It seem like a few like the weapons are standard LT+RT but then the firecrackers and the med spray are Y

4. I found a little hand radio that went into the upper left corner of the screen, is that the cop radio or tommy radio and how do i use that?

5.How important is noise? Like Jason hunts by essentially echolocation but should i always be sneaking or if there is nothing going on is it okay to sprint around for example?

for any goons that want to add me and play sometime my GT is Delters92

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jun 7, 2017

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Honestly its just ok, it is pretty buggy still and has some issues.

That being said I embraced the chad tonight. I used to scoff at chad stories, but I started a boat and bailed while someone was trying to get in. Jason wasn't even near by. I am chad.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Huh, so it seems the skins are already in the game, as in the dlc isn't a download, but merely a flag.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Huh, so it seems the skins are already in the game, as in the dlc isn't a download, but merely a flag.

That's usually how that poo poo works.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So i went ahead and just bought this game on Xbox and i had a few questions

1.What is even the point of having combat mode? Seems like all Councillors are going to run and Jason is just going to grab kill everybody.

2.Does fear go down over time or are you a shining beacon to Jason all round if you get freaked out?

3.How do you use items? It seem like a few like the weapons are standard LT+RT but then the firecrackers and the med spray are Y

4. I found a little hand radio that went into the upper left corner of the screen, is that the cop radio or tommy radio and how do i use that?

5.How important is noise? Like Jason hunts by essentially echolocation but should i always be sneaking or if there is nothing going on is it okay to sprint around for example?

for any goons that want to add me and play sometime my GT is Delters92

1. Combat mode doesn't seem to be of much use for anyone except Jason, since he can block counselors' attacks without worrying about being grabbed.

2. Fear goes down if you're near a light source or other counselors.

3. Weapons that you hold in your hand are RT, or LT to aim and then RT to fire. Items that appear in the bottom left corner are Y.

4. That's the walkie talkie that lets you hear and talk to counselors from anywhere. There's also the ham radio (big black deck with a mic) to summon Tommy Jarvis (the house will have a red and white radio tower outside it, so it's easy to identify), and the phone (hanging rather inconspicuously on a wall; easy to miss) that will call the police, although the fuse box outside the phone house needs to be fixed with a fuse first.

5. Noise is a weird one. I don't think anybody has done complete tests yet to see how noisy you are when sneaking/walking/jogging/sprinting at all the different stealth levels, but at a certain threshold, Jason won't see noise pings even if you're jogging. Someone made a good video demonstrating this here: http://plays.tv/video/59367b78c195c10919/the-truth-behind-aj-and-stealth

Generally you should always be jogging unless Jason is near. Sprinting will burn through your stamina way too fast.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sprinting is only really viable for characters like Vanessa and only when you NEED to get from point A to point B as fast as possible.

I've done it with her usually to hurry up and get to a boat or to get out into the ocean to get a boat that was abandoned.

Jason tends to be busy and doesn't notice a running Vanessa until it's too late.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

It's only good if you don't mind unpolished games and can see the fun underneath. I bought it with about 6 other mates and only two are still playing it occasionally so most of us didn't like it.

The concept is very good/fun but everything just feels...off, like it needed more time in the cooker or something. The biggest complaint I personally had about it was that playing as Jason doesn't feel cool at all (to me) because the most basic things (attacking, grabbing people, using his abilities) all feel really haphazard and unsatisfying. It's pretty sweet to get a perfect surprise grab on someone, but it's usually so hard to do because the hit detection is wonky and there's a weird lag to all your abilities.

In other words wait until it's on sale and the issues are fixed imo

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Even Vanessa should jog unless she's chased. Sprinting stresses your counselor, raising their fear.

High fear is unavoidable on Vanessa, but the longer you can hold it off the more efficient she'll be. Fear causes stumbling, tunnel vision and more prompts on repairs.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Donnerberg posted:

Even Vanessa should jog unless she's chased. Sprinting stresses your counselor, raising their fear.

Oh typically yeah.

Just, never doubt the power of a good sprint if you need to get somewhere fast.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Seeing as how Jason can grab people and kill them right now before you can even use the QTE to escape, I guess it's mainly just for trying to block and get a counterattack off on Jason if he's swinging his weapon. Even that is pretty useless outside of couple counselor/weapon combos designed for getting hits on Jason.

quote:

You get a red outline for Jason which is worse than the white pings because he can tell pretty much exactly what you're doing inside a cabin. If he's breaking down a door and you have high fear he can see you climb out a window, whereas with just pings he might waste time continuing to break down the door or use sense to see if you're still there.

Fear goes down over time, and supposedly goes away much faster if you're standing next to a campfire or in a lighted area. People have said the lowered Stamina regen never goes away but that's probably a bug.

quote:

It's a walkie talkie and having one means everyone else with a walkie talkie can hear your voicechat across the map instead of needing to be next to you.

quote:

This depends on the counselor's stealth stat. I'm pretty sure everyone gives off pings when sprinting, and I've heard everyone with a stealth under six gives them off while jogging. It's best to jog around most of the time, crouch when you're trying to hide, and sprint when Jason is right behind you. You can't just walk everywhere because rounds only last 20 minutes with Jason getting stronger by the minute. Stamina management is really important and something I haven't quite gotten the hang of yet. If you run out of Stamina with Jason behind you, you are screwed 90% of the time.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I think I'm most lethal with Jason III. Sure, I don't even hear the boat start - but I can consistently kill Duster which is worth 4-5 kills.

Duster when you grab-kill him: "SCRUB! Has to grab kill me! HAHAHAHaaa" *blood sounds*

Duster when you melee kill him: "SCRUB! Can't even grab kill me! HAHAHAHAaaaa" *blood sounds*

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 7, 2017

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Savini Jason's weapon is pretty nasty because it has the extra damage on it but then it's also this really long pitchfork like the spear Part 6 has. Very tough to avoid getting smacked by him if he shifts into range.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Basebf555 posted:

Savini Jason's weapon is pretty nasty because it has the extra damage on it but then it's also this really long pitchfork like the spear Part 6 has. Very tough to avoid getting smacked by him if he shifts into range.

I've really embraced the no-animation door smashing. I think non-spear Jasons can actually bust down doors faster than Savini, who has a bonus to destruction.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

does Jason not get notifications on the map about the Police showing up, had 2 matches where everyone got away and he never Morph'd over to that area to block us off. Maybe they were just incredibly bad Jasons? idk why you wouldn't immediately warp to where the car shows up.

Patch on console at least seems to have fixed poo poo; waiting for a match went from like 5 to 10 minutes down to 30 or 40 seconds.

kid sinister posted:

Yeah, gently caress the disabled. Serves em right for getting run over or their fingers shot off in Iraq. gently caress lefties too while we're at it.

Occasionally people that aren't massive pieces of poo poo like you also like to play games.

literally the only posts you make in this thread have been "ARE THERE CUSTOM KEYBINDINGS YET" ad infinitum when you can just Google this poo poo, so maybe save your high horse take until you have something loving worthwhile to contribute

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DLC Inc posted:

does Jason not get notifications on the map about the Police showing up, had 2 matches where everyone got away and he never Morph'd over to that area to block us off. Maybe they were just incredibly bad Jasons? idk why you wouldn't immediately warp to where the car shows up.

He does, and most will morph there, or try to intercept you on the way.

The only time I wouldn't is if I want to kill someone real, real bad.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I think I'm most lethal with Jason III. Sure, I don't even hear the boat start -

How does this work exactly? Is hearing the car/boat start related to the Jason's ability to sense or something? I often times never hear the motorboat.

Arnm616
Dec 4, 2004
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Any idea how the game determines who will come back as Tommy? I was in a match with some people wanting to do an organized Jason kill. I was killed first, after calling in Tommy, but after waiting for 5 minutes the second player killed spawned as Tommy 30 seconds after he was killed. We were both murdered with Jason's weapon.

Is it just random?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Unbalanced posted:

How does this work exactly? Is hearing the car/boat start related to the Jason's ability to sense or something? I often times never hear the motorboat.

I believe it's proximity based. It may also be based off sense ability, but I'm not 100% sure.

It's weird because I *did* hear a distinct *krr-klank* sound, which I thought was someone disarming a trap - but as it turns out it was one of the Tiffany's who escaped failing a skillcheck on the propeller. But I never heard the boat start.

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
It seems to wait for there to be 2 players out of the game before it randomly picks someone. I haven't paid super close attention to it though.

• Locked thread