Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

nine-gear crow posted:

RACHEL'S ALIVE! :woop:

Or at least, an entity resembling her that may or may not have been grown in Siberian clone vats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

nine-gear crow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2xS-AxKk0k

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Javes posted:

Kinda surprised Ossoff didn't hammer Handel for that comment.

either he wasn't paying attention or realized in the moment that the quote would stand on its own. why give her the opportunity to clarify such a loving stupid comment?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Ague Proof posted:

Republicans talk about Pelosi as if she's Machiavelli, ruthless and hypercompetent. How did she get this reputation?

There's some truth to

GreyjoyBastard posted:

By being a prominent Democrat?

but Pelosi also ran a truly elite whip operation. She is ruthless and hypercompetent, but the Republican animosity is that she's a prominent woman who succeeds in positions of power.

If any of Ryan's team had half her ability, the Koch brothers would be legally hunting those with pre-existing conditions through the craggy Kansas countryside as we speak.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duke Igthorn posted:

Luckily it's one button teleportation from the map so it's more that you establish a base world and build it up while exploring further out and bringing stuff back. The inventory system is hosed, for example you can't look in a chest and your inventory at the same time, and there's no pause button. I'm having fun so far. The different environs are cool.

You can do that in Starbound in a slightly different system.

However all the tooling fits inside the ship, get some storage, throw some dirt down for food. Building a colony becomes a side show as there is to no utility in it. Filling your ship/colony with colonist makes it worse as they prattle on and ask you to run errands to the person in the next room. You build just to build. There is no systems to be made. It's a ship full of oxygen thieves. The Penguins are great though.

If you move far enough you're better served with other games that don't build anything at all.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Ague Proof posted:

Republicans talk about Pelosi as if she's Machiavelli, ruthless and hypercompetent. How did she get this reputation?
If the Republicans had Pelosi we'd probably be looking at a viable AHCA getting passed in the first go round.

Kekekela fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 7, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Well, she can actually control her caucus, so in comparison to Paul Ryan she may as well be LBJ.

Not gonna lie, I'd be awful tickled if Pelosi pretended she was about to drown her passengers horribly in her amphibious automobile.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Javes posted:

Kinda surprised Ossoff didn't hammer Handel for that comment.

He doesn't strike me as having the "killer instinct". That's probably something you pick up with experience.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

There's some truth to

but Pelosi also ran a truly elite whip operation. She is ruthless and hypercompetent, but the Republican animosity is that she's a prominent woman who succeeds in positions of power.

If any of Ryan's team had half her ability, the Koch brothers would be legally hunting those with pre-existing conditions through the craggy Kansas countryside as we speak.

Fairly argued. May she survive to the end of the Age of Trump.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh yeah, she definitely has a "just getting over bronchitis" voice.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Our President

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/872257528482213889

This past month has been an unending source of amusement.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Washinton Post: Sessions offered to resign :stare:

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

nine-gear crow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCTgcZ6ImsQ

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/872256339728371714

Based on my understanding of Handel's electoral track record, I don't think even that is a given.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Oh yeah, she definitely has a "just getting over bronchitis" voice.

I'm so glad that she's probably not dead.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Dogwood Fleet posted:

I'm so glad that she's probably not dead.

they're talking pelosi and you're talking maddow. probably.
unless you're talking about pelosi too in which case, cool, i think we're all glad of that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/872257528482213889

This past month has been an unending source of amusement.

hahahah this is about as likely as having Congress vote to give themselves pay cuts

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

awesmoe posted:

they're talking pelosi and you're talking maddow. probably.
unless you're talking about pelosi too in which case, cool, i think we're all glad of that.

Honestly, if we have a lich on our team, it might be Pelosi. Maybe she sweet-talked Scalia into sharing the tech (and then sent an intrepid band of adventurers to shatter his phylactery while he was on a hunting trip).

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

hahahah this is about as likely as having Congress vote to give themselves pay cuts

This is going to be the straw that pushes for impeachment isn't it.
My president may be a Russian collaborator but I'll be damned if I'm working unpaid overtime.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Everyone who kept whining that the Russia investigations were a useless distraction ought to be punched in the dick.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Empyrion, starmade, and avorion are all worth looking into if you want sci-fi games in the style of minecraft.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Everyone who kept whining that the Russia investigations were a useless distraction ought to be punched in the dick.

If nothing else this whole experience is definitely leading him into an early grave due to health concerns. His blood pressure must be through the roof 24/7

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If nothing else this whole experience is definitely leading him into an early grave due to health concerns. His blood pressure must be through the roof 24/7

While I'd be glad to have him gone, I strongly suspect a large portion of the GOP is really, really praying he strokes out as their one way out of this mess.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Impossible, his doctor termed him the healthiest individual ever to be president!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It will be shame that he will never't have that Simpson's Nelson moment where he punches himself, realises why no one like him and that he is a monster.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mozi posted:

Impossible, his doctor termed him the healthiest individual ever to be president!

We'll soon learn that unlike most older people he has actually grown several feet in the last year.

enough to keep his BMI at 29.9

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Man, that Costa piece is really building up my hopes for some amazing Trump tweeting.

Also lol, props to whoever called this earlier:
https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/status/872262838097772544

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mozi posted:

In spite of his lifestyle, he's got the septum of a 25 year-old stockbroker.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

sean10mm posted:

The problem Trump has is that all the police state apparatus in the US are selling him out TO the police instead of humoring his Mussolini cosplay.

Trump is so much stupider than even the huge Trump haters like me imagined. The idiot fucks up in huge public ways in like 50% of the time it takes the public to lose interest in the last bad Trump thing they read.

Dude is such a dumb rear end in a top hat that a shady intelligence agency that literally has used Hydra's logo looked at him and went LOLNOPE.

Wait, the NRO is doing something with Trump? Are they leaking satelite photos of his bald spot!?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

skylined! posted:

a bit of shock i guess because i've never heard ossoff speak

however handel just led a response with "i do not support a livable wage" which is just an lol soundbite
what the loving lol

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

This article reminded me that Pam Bondi exists. There are way too many Trump scandals to keep straight.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/872263834559549440

Shadow president Obama visits neighbors seeking support for coup.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

farraday posted:

Obama doing the Twitters would actually cause Trump to go full Hitler Bunker Scene.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

farraday posted:

At this point I'd be down

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Captain Invictus posted:

what the loving lol

ya in an otherwise mundane debate between robot democrat candidate (but seems like an ok dude?) and let-me-speak-to-your-manager republican it caught me off guard

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

HappyHippo posted:

This article reminded me that Pam Bondi exists. There are way too many Trump scandals to keep straight.

Maddow just mentioned Trump university and like holy poo poo that feels like decades ago.
Our president gave his name to a scam for-profit university that makes ITT tech looks like Harvard

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

farraday posted:

"President Obama comes to visit my city, can't wait for Mr. Trump to visit too"

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Night10194 posted:

At this point I'd be down
Obama might be the first US President who becomes more powerful after his presidency. I think stuff like the video in support of Macron is a sign of things to come. Trump might be President. Obama is still a leader if not the leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

And of course Trump tweets out support of the outcome without first letting the intel community do their job. Jesus loving christ.

• Locked thread