Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Rexides posted:

That pill switching scene was tense as gently caress. I was afraid that they would keep bringing people in to interrupt Nacho, but thankfully it was just that one bearded dude. I wonder if it turns out that the cook noticed something, but he seems to be part of the ambiance rather than a character that can affect the plot.

Yeah, I was mostly worried that the cook would spot him, and he'd have to deal with that as well, but unless they back-track in the next ep, seems like he didn't.
Also, surprised that there wasn't a security cam set up in the restaurant. Seems like something you'd want if you're conducting money dealings with dealers there.
Great scene though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Kragger99 posted:

Also, surprised that there wasn't a security cam set up in the restaurant. Seems like something you'd want if you're conducting money dealings with dealers there.

That's probably something you specifically don't want around when you are taking money from drug dealers.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Rexides posted:

That's probably something you specifically don't want around when you are taking money from drug dealers.

Exactly. One person gets the tape and there goes your operation.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Yeah security cams only worked for Gus because I imagine that the risk of the DEA getting video evidence of the superlab is worth it to keep an eye on a dipshit like Walt who you know for a fact wants to kill you.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Plus, all of the camera feeds went to Gus' laptop, and it was encrypted! Hank said they probably wouldn't have been able to get anything off of it anyway... That makes Jesse and Walt's magnet adventure completely useless and actively harmful to them. I always liked that they did that.

Walt was really smart, but also supremely stupid. I also liked that those were basically Hank's last words.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

I like how often we can have multi page disagreements on whether Jimmy is sympathetic or a dirtbag, and whether he's a true conman, or has a justifiable sense of right and wrong; and (almost) no one calls names or acts like a goon. High fives all around.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So did Spain get next weeks episode this week again?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

They sit in the front of a publicly open resteraunt. What if someone or a cop or something comes in for a burrito.

"Don't mind me and my big ol bag of money"

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

drunken officeparty posted:

They sit in the front of a publicly open resteraunt. What if someone or a cop or something comes in for a burrito.

"Don't mind me and my big ol bag of money"

For one thing, probable cause. The drugs are distributed elsewhere, so you have a big old bag of money in a restaurant that might be cash only (pretend Hector is doing some accounting for the place, and Nacho is counting the cash take). Also, what charges would they get Nacho for, being Mexican and having more cash than a white guy? Without the drugs, it's suspicious but not an airtight case. Also, with the bag on the floor, the cop would have to go looking for it, and a competent lawyer will decry 4th Amendment violation.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

The sneak peak for next week is a meeting between Hamlin, Chuck, and the insurance company. They want to double the premiums on every lawyer in the firm. The fight between Chuck and Jimmy is going to end up taking down all of HHM :getin:

Well, that will tank the Sandpiper payout Jimmy has (he is entitled to 20% of the net profits, which might go up in smoke if HHM goes under). I wonder if that is the plan from Vince, show Jimmy's destructive actions can and will affect him personally...

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

That's the Gene's shoebox of relics from his old life as Saul from the first episode. It's the same Band-Aid tin he was keeping the coins in that we saw in this episode.

Thank you!

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Also, funny how just a few weeks ago Nacho got a gun pointed right on his head and was all "yeah, I am taking more drugs, what are you gonna do about it?", and now he is trying to put a pill bottle in a pocket and he is a nervous wreck.

Am I allowed to like Nacho and want him to win, or is he in the thread's black list?

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Rexides posted:

Also, funny how just a few weeks ago Nacho got a gun pointed right on his head and was all "yeah, I am taking more drugs, what are you gonna do about it?", and now he is trying to put a pill bottle in a pocket and he is a nervous wreck.

Am I allowed to like Nacho and want him to win, or is he in the thread's black list?

I don't think its outside of the realm of possibilities if Nacho gets caught going after Hector to protect his father, that his father would be cut up alive in front of him, or some similar cartel butchery.

e: Team Nacho here. Superfan #1.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

PassTheRemote posted:

For one thing, probable cause. The drugs are distributed elsewhere, so you have a big old bag of money in a restaurant that might be cash only (pretend Hector is doing some accounting for the place, and Nacho is counting the cash take). Also, what charges would they get Nacho for, being Mexican and having more cash than a white guy? Without the drugs, it's suspicious but not an airtight case. Also, with the bag on the floor, the cop would have to go looking for it, and a competent lawyer will decry 4th Amendment violation.

They won't get life in prison but you have a 100% chance of some sort of ruckus happening if you have tons of cash on you. Even if it's totally legit money, you will at least be questioned.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

As much as Chuck should get hosed, it was really sad seeing him take on such a positive attitude to his problem (after wallowing in negativity for years), knowing that it'll end in some horrific disaster. He genuinely seemed like a new man.

It's even sadder knowing that Jimmy's unnecessary dickweed behaviour will probably lead him down a bad path. No one deserves to be committed or wind up dead due to mental illness, no matter how hosed they should get. :(

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I really liked Howard's bit in this episode. IIRC this is pretty much the first time we ever see him get really, truly pissed, or even show any sort of raw emotion that hasn't been filtered through his meticulously crafted outward persona.

Rexides posted:

Nacho's cool. He seems like a guy who really doesn't belong in the drug business, like, at all. He reminds me a lot of Jesse that way. Makes sense that Mike ends up taking a liking to both.

Cnut the Great fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 6, 2017

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Cnut the Great posted:

I really liked Howard's bit in this episode. IIRC this is pretty much the first time we ever see him get really, truly pissed, or even show any sort of raw emotion that hasn't been filtered through his meticulously crafted outward persona.

Nacho's cool. He seems like a guy who really doesn't belong in the drug business, like, at all. He reminds me a lot of Jesse that way. Makes sense that Mike ends up taking a liking to both.

Yeah I did too, for me this was the the first time Howard seemed genuine.

Nude fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 6, 2017

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Rexides posted:

Huh?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Nacho is basically a younger Mike.

Mando plays him in a similar methodical, very deliberate and calm (when he's not trying to pull a Huell on Hector) way. Seems very slow or still but you know he's capable of some sudden, efficient violence. He has a bit of a code too, just a little more willing to go to darker solutions than the wiser, more kind-hearted Mike.

...Team Nacho here.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Cnut the Great posted:

Nothing seems to phase him when he is dealing with others in a "it's just business" context. He hated Kim for helping Jim tear down his brother (and stain HHM's reputation in the process), but he could bottle it as long as she continued to play the game of being a cold, calculating lawyer like he does. But Kim just trying to pay him back for him covering her student loans without having any obligation to do so was basically breaking the rules.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Could hardly watch as Nacho went for the nothing but net pill bottle drop. I was so nervous for him.

Did not see myself giving a poo poo about Nacho at the start of this season.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

AndyElusive posted:

Could hardly watch as Nacho went for the nothing but net pill bottle drop. I was so nervous for him.

Did not see myself giving a poo poo about Nacho at the start of this season.

I realise he'd already come up with two dumb reasons to kneel next to him, but surely contriving a third would've been way less risky than that shot.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Nacho has some kind of moral compass and seems like he could be just as successful in a legit business so he's much like Mike in that aspect.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I liked every scene without Jimmy this week. I felt that both his slip, and especially his threat to sue the community service guy were lazy.

No non-business entity has ever succumbed to the I'll sue you threat.

I think they are getting less creative on the Saul side.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
That prat fall was ace.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I recommend everyone skip to at least the 30 minute mark on the podcast. Unless you want to hear about where they buy their suits or how long Patrick Fabian can plank for.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Rexides posted:

Herv posted:

I don't think its outside of the realm of possibilities if Nacho gets caught going after Hector to protect his father, that his father would be cut up alive in front of him, or some similar cartel butchery.

Yep. Hector is WAY scarier than Gus, who Nacho knows isn't gonna start a war with the cartels over one kilo.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was super intrigued by that shot of Mike out in the desert metal detecting. Way up high, must have been like 100 ft, and absolutely motionless. That must be a hell of a drone.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

I was super intrigued by that shot of Mike out in the desert metal detecting. Way up high, must have been like 100 ft, and absolutely motionless. That must be a hell of a drone.

Probably an overhanging crane shot.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Data Graham posted:

This shot?

That's like, 25-30 feet. I doubt it was a drone. Probably a boom of some kind.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
The question is what kind of impact the reveal of multiple Mike clones means for the plot. Is the Mike Walt killed the original or no?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
They like to shoot Mike doing tedious things in an artsy way. Digging, taking a car apart......... probably some other stuff.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That the preview scene for next week is pretty loving big (when usually it's the least consequential minute of the hour that isn't Mike thinking) makes me confident we're gonna see the continuing trend of the ninth episode of the season be the hammer while the finale is everything shattering.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Hamlin has that big "keep it to yourself because I DON'T CARE" freak-out on Kim, too. But yes, typically he keeps his emotions buttoned down pretty tight.

I also really liked that Jimmy turned down money from Kim out of pride, which leads him down a darker path. Echoes of Gretchen and Walt for sure.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thread is proof that waiters shouldn't be in charge of anything but appetizers.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Stupid Spanish didn't get the episode this week, looks like. rrrrgh i'm jonesin'

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The question is what kind of impact the reveal of multiple Mike clones means for the plot. Is the Mike Walt killed the original or no?

Explains how Mike could be in hospital and starting Walt's sentences in the desert at the same time.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Last Chance posted:

Plus, all of the camera feeds went to Gus' laptop, and it was encrypted! Hank said they probably wouldn't have been able to get anything off of it anyway... That makes Jesse and Walt's magnet adventure completely useless and actively harmful to them. I always liked that they did that.

Walt was really smart, but also supremely stupid. I also liked that those were basically Hank's last words.

But that's a great plot / character dev point. Even though Walt, Jesse, etc. are creative, they don't know everything!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Last Chance posted:

Of course, Mike was just as stupid as Walt in this instance. Mike and Walt really aren't so different.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Stickarts posted:

Hamlin has that big "keep it to yourself because I DON'T CARE" freak-out on Kim, too. But yes, typically he keeps his emotions buttoned down pretty tight.
Pretty clear to me that he would like to go off on Chuck for having to clean up his courtroom freakout, but he'll take it out on Kim instead because he knows she's going to take it (until this time).

I try to like Howard but then he does that douchey stuff like being all condescending to Kim.

I do appreciate how this season you have gone from a Kim who looked like she was willing to self-sabotage the Mesa Verde account out of guilt, to now being able to stick it to Howard and take on more responsibility since she is finally more confident.

Not sure if anyone noticed in the preview but I think we are going to see the return of Madrigal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
So, I purchased the season thru psn and the new episode is not up yet. Before the memorial weekend break, new episodes were up by Monday at midnight. What gives? Not sure where to direct my issue.

• Locked thread