Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Ahh here it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm coming around to the idea of Monk for the Sixers after watching his dunk tapes.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Stevie Lee posted:

I'm coming around to the idea of Monk for the Sixers after watching his dunk tapes.

His wingspan is shorter than his height!!!!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fox has been stumping hard for Sacramento to draft us and been posting pictures non-stop since he came here for a workout. Don't know how I should feel about that
https://twitter.com/kfippin/status/871973019350032384

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You should feel glad someone wants apart of that poo poo show and also suspicious if fox is retarded or just hates himself

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

He's BFFs with WCS. And we have literally no one under contract to play PG.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Yeah, if you think you have some skills Sacramento seems like the best route to a max contract for a PG. You are going to get LOTS of burn and probably front office cover.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

WhyteRyce posted:

He's BFFs with WCS. And we have literally no one under contract to play PG.

Watch your back, Willie

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/871834505023193088

Cool Buff Man posted:

At least Noah Vonleh is the subject of the coolest photo of all time

You know the one, where he looks like a panther springing into action

Vonleh's No. 1 skill is looking like a good basketball player

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
:lol: More loving centers

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Meh, at #10 the BPAs are probably Collins or Lauri anyway.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

Ahh here it is

that's such a cool photo. Looks he had a lifesize 3D printed model made of himself

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I hope this talk of the Kings trading the 5 and 10 for the Sixers 3 so they can get Fox is true.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's Chad Ford so what do you think

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It seems people have double and triple downed on them being out on him but The Lakers are meeting with Ball as we speak so at least they are establishing a process which wasn't certain since they were doing everything so haphazardly a month ago.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: now everyone is coming to Sacramento my how the tables have turned
https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/872204619123834882

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
All kids want these days is to be told they rock

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'm warming on Donovan Mitchell, he uses his freak arms to get space for his shot, and the mechanics are nice. I think he'll make threes in the NBA. He should be at least really good bench player who comes in, defends like a fiend and makes spot ups, and finishes well at the rim by floating the ball over his head as he snakes through the defense.

I've watched more Jawun Evans and he seems like a really solid all around player, a dependable backup pg who'll score, pass, and play hard on defense. But he has tiny tiny hands, so there's bust potential.

I think Isaac will be really good, I like the way he moves, I like his jumper. And anyone who can make shots despite tall hair must be talented. But he's another hand size red flag player.

Monk is going to be a terror, like a sg Russell Westbrook if he was really skinny and just a super athlete and not a mega hyper athlete, with a better jumper. He's a little demon. Defense could be a problem, but with so many teams playing combo guards at 2, at least he won't always be at a huge matchup disadvantage.

paternity suitor posted:

I hope this talk of the Kings trading the 5 and 10 for the Sixers 3 so they can get Fox is true.

Kings got a commitment from Fox to shave his head and computer simulations have projected his shooting percentage to improve by 20 percentage points. I'm a broken Record, but Fox is a special player if he gets a haircut, he deserves to be taken over Lonzo Ball if he has a bald head

Jaron Blossomgame could have snuck into the late lottery if he kept his hair short and didn't end up shooting 25% from three as a senior. He seems like he should be a really good player, but I watch him and he just looks not-good.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jun 7, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

paternity suitor posted:

Sixers are going to work Fox out so they are def playing the game on their end.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I look forward to the day when hair is added to scouting reports.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Meh, at #10 the BPAs are probably Collins or Lauri anyway.

The Kings had like 30 tweets about Lauri the other day and if they draft him and ruin him I'll be real God dang upset

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

I've watched more Jawun Evans and he seems like a really solid all around player, a dependable backup pg who'll score, pass, and play hard on defense. But he has tiny tiny hands, so there's bust potential.

Evans is really good but he gets bothered by length at a worrisome degree

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Metapod posted:

Speaking of length.

https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/872252882619428864

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rubio-esque

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Monk is going to be a terror, like a sg Russell Westbrook if he was really skinny and just a super athlete and not a mega hyper athlete, with a better jumper. He's a little demon. Defense could be a problem, but with so many teams playing combo guards at 2, at least he won't always be at a huge matchup disadvantage.

My opinion on Monk depends greatly on which wingspan measurement is bullshit. I feel like this is worrisome and the growing trend of misinformation on actual measurements is as well.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Are his arms shrinking?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

Related to the small hands red flag: little mittens, easier to poke

kiimo posted:

My opinion on Monk depends greatly on which wingspan measurement is bullshit. I feel like this is worrisome and the growing trend of misinformation on actual measurements is as well.

His official NBA combine wingspan is 6' 6.5''
So unless he's dislocating his shoulders I think his arms are about 3.5 inches longer than his body

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 8, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The NBA Combine measurements are usually legit. The ones from the college are usually the most suspect. I dunno if they were hiding his wingspan or just lazy/bad at measurements.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Lockback posted:

The NBA Combine measurements are usually legit. The ones from the college are usually the most suspect. I dunno if they were hiding his wingspan or just lazy/bad at measurements.

Yeah when you let them take their own measurements they measure from the base to inflate the numbers

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I'm at work right now plus I'm super lazy buuuut look at his defensive stance and compare it to his standing height. If he can get low and still contest shots then it's not a huge deal

Like if Monk is contesting people and they can see over him, red flag, if they can't then he's probably fine

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

xbilkis posted:

All kids want these days is to be told they rock

Same

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you rock, nick

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
poo poo
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/872960522257387520

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Deleted

What did it say

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I assume:

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/872961399756140544

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That sucks.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

kiimo posted:

That sucks.

Yeah, you never want to see something like that. :(

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Yeah, there's not much positivity to be gleaned from a Marfan's diagnosis. Rough loving go.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: now everyone is coming to Sacramento my how the tables have turned
https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/872204619123834882

https://twitter.com/ailene_voisin/status/873069927564955648

Checkmate bitches

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahaha that's a cute decision. Well I should work out for another team so I look less egotistical... but I'm not going to work out for the #2 or #3 pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

He heard about Chando's and wanted to delicious torta adobada

• Locked thread