Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That seemed pretty clear from the trailer I thought.

I kinda hope the plot editions are mostly post-game stuff because I don't know if there's really anything in the main story that needs expanding. Maybe give Mina a real trial or something but I don't know what else.

You could add some Tapu stuff I guess. Gice some screentime to the non-Koko ones.

Maybe add a weird subplot where an obsessive is hunting one down and continually frustrated that you keep meeting it while he misses it. :v:

Or expand the UB dimension like Platinum gave us the Distortion world? Make it like an actual dungeon/area instead of a hallway with a cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's obviously going to be something where Necrozma has to be separated from Lunala/Solgaleo.

I also hope those construction sites were gyms that exist in the alternate world.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

The big update: the player character will emote as appropriate

youve lost a sale nintendo!!

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I hope someday they make a really good pokemon game with like all 1000 of them on one cart. this is one of the best series ruined by marketing bullshit.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Trading for literally anything you want is trivial in this game. There's no need to have everything on one cart besides placating a small subset of children who refuse to accept the core concept of a 20+ year old series.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Unlucky posted:

I hope someday they make a really good pokemon game with like all 1000 of them on one cart. this is one of the best series ruined by marketing bullshit.

No, but there will be Ultra Horde battles where you get jumped by 1000 Yungoos at the same time.

Note: you will burn out your 3ds every time this happens, so please save regularly.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Mr. Unlucky posted:

X/Y had 450 and that dex was honestly kinda poo poo in practice since a huuge chunk of dudes were already evolved, and, like, raising a Pokémon from its first stage is half the fun. Also, breeding to get more pokes to fill your dex is pretty bad too. Sun/Moon had like 260 excluding postgame stuff and it felt like a nice collection.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
VC Gen II means I get to play with the best starter and my friend again

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Is it too much to hope that uSuMo will have the finished following pokemon overworld models and animations that were tucked away in SuMo's code? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABPd7vwocuY

Squats fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 7, 2017

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

X/Y had 450 and that dex was honestly kinda poo poo in practice since a huuge chunk of dudes were already evolved, and, like, raising a Pokémon from its first stage is half the fun. Also, breeding to get more pokes to fill your dex is pretty bad too. Sun/Moon had like 260 excluding postgame stuff and it felt like a nice collection.

x/y was good because you didnt have raticate and peliper on every route

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Will Nebby get in the bag in uSM

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Is it too much to hope that uSuMo will have the finished following pokemon overworld models and animations that were tucked away in SuMo's code? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABPd7vwocuY
:swoon:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

I get it.

But I suddenly feel like I spent way too much on a system just to play BotW right now.

play thumper, op

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Kurtofan posted:

where are the stars! i was told there would be stars
:laffo: at anyone still falling for stuff like that.

Grey was trademarked during the Black/White era, and look what happened there. Never trust early leaks. People read way too much into names Game Freak trademarked for shits and giggles.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I kinda hope the plot editions are mostly post-game stuff because I don't know if there's really anything in the main story that needs expanding. Maybe give Mina a real trial or something but I don't know what else.
Counterpoint: If they expand the main story, that means we might get more of ya boi Guzma.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hopefully they show the game off on the treehouse because 20 seconds of footage isn't enough.

Double hopefully there will be more Alola forms of Pokemon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Reinanigans posted:

Trading for literally anything you want is trivial in this game. There's no need to have everything on one cart besides placating a small subset of children who refuse to accept the core concept of a 20+ year old series.

The legendaries can be kind of hard. My livingdex is still incomplete entirely because I lack legendaries (Lunala, either Cosmog or Cosmoem, either Type: Null or Silvally). I hope Ultra Sun/Moon lets me fill those spots so my livingdex can be 100% complete.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm not sure how anything could be clear from the few seconds of "trailer" we got beyond Mimikyu having a new Z-Move and Nebby having new forms.

Also I hope the exact opposite. The game wastes the Ultra Beasts subplot with only Nihilego having a role and even there not a great one. While I loved the Looker postgame (as I often do), I really hope that they properly utilize what they have this time. Sun and Moon had a great storyline by Pokemon standards but it also had some very clear missed opportunities.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maybe the golf course will be accessible.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

hangedman1984 posted:

I thought most the fallers came from the other version, sun from moon and moon from sun.

The Fallers are from the no-Mega universe, that's why whatever her name is had the original Frontier Brain theme​ even though it was already remixed for ORAS. And don't forget the Looker in ORAS is clearly a Faller, but our world's Looker is absolutely fine in SuMo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
pokemon lore got really convoluted.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dabir posted:

that's why whatever her name is had the original Frontier Brain theme​ even though it was already remixed for ORAS.
I had no idea this was even a thing.

I am all for this series that barely has a plot outside a variation on the same "become the champ, catch the cover, stop the evil team" developing a ridiculous multi generational lore.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Crawfish posted:

I am all for this series that barely has a plot outside a variation on the same "become the champ, catch the cover, stop the evil team" developing a ridiculous multi generational lore.
It's like Legend of Zelda in that way, just with more explicit ties between games.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Guzmadorf and the Downfinneon Timeline

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tired Moritz posted:

pokemon lore got really convoluted.

I doubt that they'll directly explain any of it in the games. Hopefully it'll just be a weird thing that keeps coming up in minor ways.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Crawfish posted:

I had no idea this was even a thing.

There's not really much multi-generational lore outside of like Looker's mysterious past which owns a lot.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

There's mega evolution and this new universe where it's always been a thing as a whole, there's O powers and Mr. Bonding that has come up more than once. There's what ever the hell they were doing with Project Azoth or Azul or whatever.

There are definitely some things.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Crawfish posted:

There's mega evolution and this new universe where it's always been a thing as a whole, there's O powers and Mr. Bonding that has come up more than once. There's what ever the hell they were doing with Project Azoth or Azul or whatever.

There are definitely some things.

The fact that mega universe exists as a seperate universe is about as much of a thing as the gen ii remakes having a safari zone and battle frontier in Johto, and if O powers are a thing with lore then i've completely missed all of it.

Also I have no idea what Project Azuth is. Is that a thing?

E: Like the games themselves have more complicated stories now but I don't think there's any real plot or lore that crosses generations. Outside of a few returning characters.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 8, 2017

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The fact that mega universe exists as a seperate universe is about as much of a thing as the gen ii remakes having a safari zone and battle frontier in Johto, and if O powers are a thing with lore then i've completely missed all of it.

E: Like the games themselves have more complicated stories now but I don't think there's any real plot or lore that crosses generations. Outside of a few returning characters.

If you bring the weird dude in the desert a Solrock or Lunatone in Sun or Moon respectively you find out that Mr. Bonding and his associates were aliens from space.

Despite all the crazy theories people have been throwing around Project Azoth is just what Team Aqua/Magma called their operation to awaken Kyogre/Groudon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yeah most stuff is just recurring characters. You obviously have things like Blue/Red in G/S and now SuMo, Looker's postgame subplots, the Team Rocket plot, Caitlyn being in the battle Frontier in Plat then E4 in Gen V, gym leaders and champions popping up in different regions etc.

There's no overarching metaplot elements beyond the recent postgame stuff about people falling out of the non-mega universe into the mega universe and thats pretty lowkey. Like its pretty clear gens 1-5 and 6-7 take place in parallel universes with mostly the same people. They just haven't done a ton with that yet beyond play with having two Lookers running around and Zinya.

Zore fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 8, 2017

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

dungeon cousin posted:

Despite all the crazy theories people have been throwing around Project Azoth is just what Team Aqua/Magma called their operation to awaken Kyogre/Groudon.

That name would have been a better fit for a plot point centering on Solgaleo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azoth

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I showed a friend Magikarp Jump last night, which led to showing him the Magikarp Song, and that song has been relentlessly stuck in my head since.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Beat Great League in Jump... by .01m :psyduck:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
They better add in all these magikarp patterns to the maingames in Ultra SuMo.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They better add in all these magikarp patterns to the maingames in Ultra SuMo.

That's what I'm hoping, too. I adore all the koi calico patterns.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Gamexplain somehow made a 10-minute analysis video out of 30 seconds of USUM trailer footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bu_PmKC9aA

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

less laughter posted:

Gamexplain somehow made a 10-minute analysis video out of 30 seconds of USUM trailer footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bu_PmKC9aA

He's talking about why there's a wall beside the pokemon center now.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
a click-baity gamexplain video, well i never

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Show the gamexplain guys some goddamn respect

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dienes posted:

That's what I'm hoping, too. I adore all the koi calico patterns.

Pink Orca Magikarp is my friend and I love her.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zore posted:

I'm not clamoring for them or anything, but its been a long time since we had a game set in Kanto. I'd prefer a sequel more than a remake though, with an expanded dex.

Yeah, I'd love to see a sequel/re-imagining of Kanto. Familiar locations, but a lot of differences. Maybe some event changed the region, they expanded it north, or cities are more built up. Or a combination of Johto and Kanto. where the mountain region between the two got wrecked a pokemon or the regions decided to come together and build there?

But yeah, if they ever revisit old regions, expanded dex/selection pre-e3 is an absolute must. Even if they ever do a D/P/Pt remake, I really hope they expand pokemon selection beyond that gen rather then leaving it all to a late game/stupid mechanic thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking Tokyo 2020 might bring Pokemon back to Kanto in time for the 25th anniversary. Saffron City is supposed to be Tokyo.