Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Drifter posted:

Whoa, hey. Pump your brakes, kid. Chicken Little was o-kay. :mad:

:v:

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Peter Sallis, voice of Wallace from Wallace & Gromit, passed away at 96.

well gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I could go for a wee bit of Gorgonzola in his honor :(

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Wensleydale cheese, you swine.

But man that's sad, I already knew he was pretty up there in age, given Aardman had to fight their distributors who wanted to recast Wallace with a younger, american voice for Curse of the Wererabbit.

As for Chicken Little - it's ugly as gently caress even for the time with some weirdass casting decisions - and how Foxy Loxy ended up was just so loving gross - she gets permanently brain-scrambled from a bullyish, rough tomboy to a saccharine girly-girl southern belle, but she doesn't get fixed because the pig decided he prefers her that way, and nobody objects. She wasn't made nicer, she was made into an entirely different person.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Robindaybird posted:

As for Chicken Little - it's ugly as gently caress even for the time with some weirdass casting decisions - and how Foxy Loxy ended up was just so loving gross - she gets permanently brain-scrambled from a bullyish, rough tomboy to a saccharine girly-girl southern belle, but she doesn't get fixed because the pig decided he prefers her that way, and nobody objects. She wasn't made nicer, she was made into an entirely different person.

This and how Chicken Little's dad treats him and his reasoning for doing so makes the movie indefensible to me. The entire movie feels so mean-spirited because of it.

It's pretty bad in other places and ok in others ( I genuinely like the fish-kid), but what they do to Foxy is just ugly.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Crazy Ferret posted:

This and how Chicken Little's dad treats him and his reasoning for doing so makes the movie indefensible to me. The entire movie feels so mean-spirited because of it.

It's pretty bad in other places and ok in others ( I genuinely like the fish-kid), but what they do to Foxy is just ugly.

Foxy Loxy is very much a Stepford wife situation - replacing the unfeminine willful girl with this uber-sweet thing.

And Little's dad is just an awful pos who cared more about his reputation than his son's wellbeing

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I feel like one of these days, I should just watch that film so I have some context for how horrible it is, and just how far Disney's CG animation has come since.

I mean, it was on Netflix when I last checked, so I guess I have a quick venue to it if I want to suffer

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Shadow Hog posted:

I feel like one of these days, I should just watch that film so I have some context for how horrible it is, and just how far Disney's CG animation has come since.

I mean, it was on Netflix when I last checked, so I guess I have a quick venue to it if I want to suffer

Its real bad bro.

But I'd probably read your tweets about it so there is that.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Chicken Little understood that people liked Shrek but didn't understand why.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
I had to turn off Chicken Little after roughly 20 minutes when I tried to get through it last year. It bad.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Apparently it's suppose to have a sequel, but when Lasseter took over, he cancelled all sequels and said Chicken Little 2 would stay cancelled since he did not think the first film's performance warrants it. Which is good since the Sequel sounds atrocious judging from Chicken Little's sequel:

"DisneyToon Studios originally planned to make a direct-to-video sequel to Chicken Little, tentatively titled Chicken Little 2: The Ugly Duckling Story.[53] Directed by Klay Hall, the story would involve Chicken Little in the middle of a love triangle between his childhood sweetheart, Abby Mallard, and a very attractive newcomer, Raffaela, a French sheep. Being at a great disadvantage, Abby would go to great lengths to give herself a makeover."

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

dirksteadfast posted:

Chicken Little understood that people liked Shrek but didn't understand why.

Chicken Little: The Smashmouth Cut

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
In which Smash mouth finally eats the eggs

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So I just saw Captain Underpants

Pluses:

- the animation is loving fantastic. like, this movie is worth seeing for the eye candy alone.
- George and Harold are the most adorable kids in recent film history.
- speaking of, the movie is super super ultra gay and completely unapologetic about it.
- Ed Helms is absolutely hilarious as Mr. Krupp and the title character, and clearly had a ton of fun with both roles.

Minuses:

- TOILET HUMOR EVERYWHERE. this would seem obvious, but it's not really the presence of it that's the issue, it's the execution. when the movie's making a joke that isn't based on a bodily function, it's insanely clever; the movie gets some great mileage out of the duality between rear end in a top hat Krupp and dumb, nice giant kid CU, for example. but as soon as toilets or poop or what have you come up:

like the movie honestly thinks that just showing you a toilet or saying "poop" is the same as making an actual joke, and... no, it's not. at all.

- honestly the movie suffers a lot from trying to hit the Standard Kids Movie Beats. there's several plot points that just... feel kind of useless (the whole thing with George and Harold getting separated goes basically nowhere and the movie even pretty much cops to this).

overall I'd say it's worth seeing if you can put up with the toilet humor, but... not perfect, which sucks because it's so loving close.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Most of it is from a few pages back (aside from Lord of Booty's post above), but just wanted to echo the positive sentiment towards Captain Underpants. Just a genuinely endrearing film all around, albeit for as unsurprisingly and unabashedly crass as it is. Admittedly I had a good deal of postitive bias going into it since one of my old high school classmates worked as an animator on it as his first credited film role (and has been absolutely thrilled about it naturally), and I'm just super happy to see his hard work pay off as well as it has. :)

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 6, 2017

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Haven't seen Chicken Little, but Bolt SUCKS.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Bolt is sweet :kiddo:

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I liked Bolt!

Though I frequently forget about it.

At any rate, it was the point where I said "okay, Disney actually got pretty good at CG films, drat", before Tangled kinda cemented that. It's no Zootopia I suppose, but it was a solidly enjoyable flick that I should probably revisit sometime.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Bolt is good

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I didn't like Bolt. Didn't hate it, but I've no desire to see it again.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Das Boo posted:

I didn't like Bolt. Didn't hate it, but I've no desire to see it again.

Sure, but would you rather watch Bolt again, or watch G-Force?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Drifter posted:

Sure, but would you rather watch Bolt again, or watch G-Force?

I somehow skated by without ever seeing G-Force. Even now, I'm only vaguely aware of what it is.
I like to think I lead a charmed life.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Wait what the hell is g-force?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Hedrigall posted:

an army of talking rodents saving the world, mostly guinea pigs

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

Haha, do you not know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bVY_UspXyc

Drifter fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 6, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
This was G-Force when I was a kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07P5f6TY9RQ

FORM FIERY PHOENIX!!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Contrary to what you think I'm not familiar* with every single animal media property on the planet :P

* get it? :3

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's been said before, but I still appreciate how pitch perfect having Weird Al do the theme for Captain Underpants is.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Bolt is sweet :kiddo:

I am so angry that right now I can't make Gifs on Bolt. Its a good movie with a cute doggo.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

* get it? :3
No (。•́︿•̀。)

I blame Disney
Sep 30, 2016

They know what they did

Yeah don't hate on Bolt, hate on something that deserves it like The Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE3mEgqqlCM

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Bolt was rude to cats. :colbert:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Das Boo posted:

Bolt was rude to cats. :colbert:

Always be rude to cats :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/HypraSeaPea/status/872113990008229889

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

ishikabibble posted:

Always be rude to cats :colbert:

On the contrary, be pawlite :catbert:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
You cat use the same excat pun that's in your catvatar, dude.
:mad:
You're meowking me fur-ious.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'll take your crittercism on board

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Toe beans.
It's not a pun, but you should consider them.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
There has to be a way to muzzle you guys before you put these thread on paws for two pages. I swear, the slightest whisker of a pun gets you started, talk about a hare-trigger.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

LeJackal posted:

There has to be a way to muzzle you guys before you put these thread on paws for two pages. I swear, the slightest whisker of a pun gets you started, talk about a hare-trigger.

Have you been spaying attention? Once this hairball gets rolling nothing catnip it in the bud. Lock up your livestock, it's gonna get wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
What if we don't make tons of coy furry jokes all the time