Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well, this is profoundly odd. Just set up my laptop so I could play FF14 while watching TV and such, and for some reason I can't install it, despite being on the exact same network. Any advice?

You are going to need to provide about 50x more information than that for anyone here to reasonably help you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
More importantly just copy the folder over.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well, this is profoundly odd. Just set up my laptop so I could play FF14 while watching TV and such, and for some reason I can't install it, despite being on the exact same network. Any advice?
If your issue is that you cannot download it, perhaps manually set your DNS to 8.8.8.8?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Drizvolta posted:

If your issue is that you cannot download it, perhaps manually set your DNS to 8.8.8.8?

No go.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
Is the download erroring out? I just reinstalled and had to use a VPN to download the problem file.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

slev posted:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002069.html

I'd rather they just replace pve protect with pvp protect.

:same:

Make it White Mage only, adjust the damage formula to take account for Protect's loss. Or maybe make "Shell" to be a shared action that has current Protect Effects if you really can't think of anything.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Finally doing the HW Hildy quests. I have spent the last 5 minutes paused on the line of dialogue here watching Godbert go up and down. It's hypnotic.

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jun 7, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

can you offer literally any insight into what is wrong with your download besides 'it's not working'?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Finally got around to updating my UI layout and keybindings for something less casual.
Still adjusting abilities to the new layout. :/

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 7, 2017

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

can you offer literally any insight into what is wrong with your download besides 'it's not working'?

Echoing this. Only other broad solution I've got is to try downloading on a VPN. Otherwise, a specific error message/problem along with troubleshooting steps done so far would be helpful.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sorry about that, I was discouraged after I made that post and retreated to the desktop PC. Had to boot the ol' lappy back up. I've tried changing my DNS as advised, but the situation has not changed. I did download the latest version of SoftEther, but I'm not seeing the option to pick from a list of VPNs as is present on the version of SoftEther that I have on my desktop.

Just tried running the launcher as administrator, same deal. Hangs up at 287MB.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Reddit thread on that error said to use a free vpn to start downloading the files then you can turn it off. https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/4j7vaj/resolved_unable_to_download_patch_files/

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

DemonMage posted:

Literally just do this, unless for some reason one's 32b and one's 64.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

DemonMage posted:

Yeah if you copy both your game folder and your documents folder you will carry over your settings and ui to the laptop.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
There's a pre-order code you have to put in? I don't recall the PSN giving me one. It's not in the receipt email they gave me.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

There's a pre-order code you have to put in? I don't recall the PSN giving me one. It's not in the receipt email they gave me.

I'm not sure, but with PSN I'd guess everything gets taken care of automatically since the accounts are linked. You could go to mogstation and check though, you should have Stormblood Early Access in your table of consoles and licenses.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002070.html
Haha oh man these new gag weapons rule.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Gruckles posted:

I'm not sure, but with PSN I'd guess everything gets taken care of automatically since the accounts are linked. You could go to mogstation and check though, you should have Stormblood Early Access in your table of consoles and licenses.

It's there, but I don't seem to have a little circle in the column.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Caught up with the thread from the afternoon and I still can't stop laughing at "because someone is an rear end in a top hat than I am". A+++ Avatar terrorist.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Another successful goonion.

Astroniomix fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jun 7, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

i must have all of these

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Pre-ordering on the Square-Enix store doesn't seem to be giving me an option between EU or US versions, did they finally do away with all that poo poo?

edit: Nope, I see the GMG page needs me to check.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jun 7, 2017

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

SonicRulez posted:

It's there, but I don't seem to have a little circle in the column.

This is how it shows up for me on a non-Steam PC license. I bought my copy on greenmangaming.com and immediately got an early access code which I registered following these instructions:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7933cb4e7b3a01b4e86dc352c2ac06cca462cfc4#aa3_4

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood Early Access Details posted:

PlayStation®4 (PSN Digital Pre-orders)

How to register:
Promotion code registration is not necessary. Early access and the bonus items were automatically linked to your Sony Entertainment Network account at the time you pre-ordered the game. Please follow the steps below to register the rights to your Square Enix account once early access has begun.

also

PlayStation®4 (Physical Package Version)

The game client will be updated automatically if you have registered your pre-order bonus promotion code and launch the FINAL FANTASY XIV client once early access has begun.

I guess it's automated?

edit:

How to Confirm Pre-order Bonuses (PlayStation®4):
Visit the “Settings” menu of the PS4, then select “PlayStation Network/Account Management,” then “Account Information.” Scroll down and select “Services List,” and find “FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™.” Selecting it will show an entry labeled either “FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood Early Access” or “FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood Pre-Order.” This will also grant you the in-game bonus items at release.
* Registration information will be reflected on the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station after launching the game for the first time after Early Access has begun.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Astroniomix posted:

Another successful goonion.

Little premature about that.

Samej
Apr 25, 2011

A Ponderously Prescient Pachyderm

Lizard Wizard posted:

Sorry about that, I was discouraged after I made that post and retreated to the desktop PC. Had to boot the ol' lappy back up. I've tried changing my DNS as advised, but the situation has not changed. I did download the latest version of SoftEther, but I'm not seeing the option to pick from a list of VPNs as is present on the version of SoftEther that I have on my desktop.

Just tried running the launcher as administrator, same deal. Hangs up at 287MB.

Had the exact same problem. It's due to your ISP (mine is Xfinity) blocking P2P connections for specific IP Addresses. I had to manually change the DNS Server I used to 4.2.2.2. This is the old DNS address used by Level3 Communications, an upstream internet firm in Broomfield, CO. You can then go back into your DNS options and change it back to automatic.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Dr Pepper posted:

Little premature about that.

We hadn't all left the chapel yet when I posted that. I totally forgot it was possible to gently caress it up.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Gruckles posted:

Yeah, the preorder bonus/early access code, and the permanent full access code are separate things. The actual cd keys don't get sent out until the release date.
If they just had 1 key that they gave you upon preordering, then amazon and other sellers that don't charge you until the release date would get screwed.

The part where you have to plug your bonus code into a site to get a different code to plug into mogstation is weird though.

Steam already has both keys, but putting in stormblood key tells you it's invalid.

SE is really weird with these, just let me enter the drat codes and then do what you want when you want with them, jesus.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

If it works the same way as HW did, its automated and there's no code. You download the Stormblood DLC from PSN, they'll update the launcher before early access, and when you log in it will ask if you want to bind the expansion to the SE account you're logging in to.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Truga posted:

Steam already has both keys, but putting in stormblood key tells you it's invalid.

SE is really weird with these, just let me enter the drat codes and then do what you want when you want with them, jesus.
Square's account system is insane. Although it's hardly unique among Japanese developers, they love making poo poo overcomplicated and then having elaborate instructions and separate websites and poo poo instead of just making it simple to start with. :shrug:

For the record I actually talked with Squeenix support staff back when the preorders first went up. If you have the early access code from steam entered successfully you should be set once Stormblood launches, apparently. So I wouldn't sweat it, worst case you just plug the other code in once the expansion's actually live.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I remember trying to play FF11 back in the day and their PlayOnline bullshit was maddening.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Asimo posted:

For the record I actually talked with Squeenix support staff back when the preorders first went up. If you have the early access code from steam entered successfully you should be set once Stormblood launches, apparently. So I wouldn't sweat it, worst case you just plug the other code in once the expansion's actually live.

IIRC for HW I had to log in to mogstation on tuesday after early access and add the HW code, despite having early access going in the days prior, it was really funny

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pierson posted:

I remember trying to play FF11 back in the day and their PlayOnline bullshit was maddening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVZZbb30oho

that music is burned into my loving soul

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Has anyone got any idea about going from a physical PS4 Heavensward disk to a digital Stormblood is going to work, by the way?

My brother's in that situation and he'd rather not use a disk if need be.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Has anyone got any idea about going from a physical PS4 Heavensward disk to a digital Stormblood is going to work, by the way?

i don't remember how, but i went from physical ARR to digital HW on ps4, so it works, at least.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

IDK what happens when you install digital Stormblood on a physical install, but he can convert right now by just deleting the game and downloading it from PSN.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Today, Mr. Happy posted a video in which he describes a interview he did with Yoshi P during the reveal that occurred last month.

At the beginning of the video about the question in reference to his first question about his received answers, he stated that these answers were paraphrased and to not quote them but during 4:42 of the video seen here: https://youtu.be/5la_nyC5BO0?t=282
Mr. Happy states what Yoshi P wanted to make a clear point "I really want you to emphasize this to your viewers" then Yoshi P goes on to say "I firmly believe that it should not be mandatory(Healers DPSing) and we do not have the expectation for them to dps!"

Now, even if that was a paraphrase(which to anyone who views the video that it isn't) Yoshi P made it clear that if a person plays a healer....the game has been designed it for Healer DPS to be a OPTIONAL CHOICE! Not a required one.

Now we all know that you may vote kick players from content they qued for based on your view of "different playstyles" But let this be clear.....you are kicking these players not because of them not performing their roles correctly by not DPSing....but because you decided to dictate how you feel others should play!

I already know that I will getting alot of flak from this post by receiving insults, others demeaning this post a useless or null in void based on their opinions. But I want everyone in the community to know the facts.(hence the reason for the post) That yet again for both new players and Veteran...DPS IS NOT MANDATORY FOR HEALERS! To state otherwise is nothing more than your opinion....not fact or intended game design!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

jalapeno_dude posted:

Finally doing the HW Hildy quests. I have spent the last 5 minutes paused on the line of dialogue here watching Godbert go up and down. It's hypnotic.

Leal posted:

3.0 Hildibrand is starting off pretty good.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i know thats an of post but what is most annoying about that line of thought is that those people practically exclusively run dungeons, where healing is almost optional, so basically their line of thinking is that they should be allowed to afk through their content. it's not like healing is particularly loving challenging anyway, what would they rather do with their GCDs? futa catgirl erp?

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Pikavangelist posted:

Today, Mr. Happy posted a video in which he describes a interview he did with Yoshi P during the reveal that occurred last month.

At the beginning of the video about the question in reference to his first question about his received answers, he stated that these answers were paraphrased and to not quote them but during 4:42 of the video seen here: https://youtu.be/5la_nyC5BO0?t=282
Mr. Happy states what Yoshi P wanted to make a clear point "I really want you to emphasize this to your viewers" then Yoshi P goes on to say "I firmly believe that it should not be mandatory(Healers DPSing) and we do not have the expectation for them to dps!"

Now, even if that was a paraphrase(which to anyone who views the video that it isn't) Yoshi P made it clear that if a person plays a healer....the game has been designed it for Healer DPS to be a OPTIONAL CHOICE! Not a required one.

Now we all know that you may vote kick players from content they qued for based on your view of "different playstyles" But let this be clear.....you are kicking these players not because of them not performing their roles correctly by not DPSing....but because you decided to dictate how you feel others should play!

I already know that I will getting alot of flak from this post by receiving insults, others demeaning this post a useless or null in void based on their opinions. But I want everyone in the community to know the facts.(hence the reason for the post) That yet again for both new players and Veteran...DPS IS NOT MANDATORY FOR HEALERS! To state otherwise is nothing more than your opinion....not fact or intended game design!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I'm really sad that they are limiting us to two PvP specific abilities, and that sprint is one of those. I would have much preferred if they gave everyone sprint and purity as a base and let people choose two extras.

• Locked thread