Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

dissss posted:

Pretty sure that isn't true - same wheelbase for all three shapes.

Anyway those UK guys could have imported a 4wd donar wagon if they really wanted to, if anything the 4wds are less desirable than the normal fwd for most buyers

Ah, you're right. The wheelbase is the same, just the overall wagon is longer. Most aftermarket exhausts fall well short of the bumper on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Some guy at my office used to daily a Prowler and it looked like a Korea vet's idea of a hot rod PT Cruiser and in the parkade when I'd see him drive by it sounded like an automatic V6 engine that redlines at about 3500 rpm.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

tbf, the proxes r888 is just about 9" wide in a 205/50/15. I'll snap a better, not ancient picture the next time I take it out.

Holy gently caress you'd better take more photos of that car! :circlefap: :circlefap: :circlefap:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Some guy at my office used to daily a Prowler and it looked like a Korea vet's idea of a hot rod PT Cruiser and in the parkade when I'd see him drive by it sounded like an automatic V6 engine that redlines at about 3500 rpm.

'Prowler', just like the owner.

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Holy gently caress you'd better take more photos of that car! :circlefap: :circlefap: :circlefap:

Only from the back though, the front is all kindsa hosed up because someone hit it and I can't find replacement fenders :(

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Ferremit posted:

The only thing I dont like about those slee/Kaymar rear wheel carriers is that stupid camlock latch. They SUCK in the rain if your trying to open and close them with something in the other hand. The ARB rear bars use a slam latch like a normal car door and its brilliant.

Also welcome to the back seat club. Now you've got that fitted you'll need to get some good canvas seat covers for the middle row of seats cos you'll find yourself throwing SO MUCH poo poo on it because its a pain in the arse to open both rear carrier arms to swing the tailgate up.

You'll also want to put a reverse light on there somewhere, you dont realise how much those wheel carriers block until you need to try and reverse in the dark. I've got a Lightforce 2x10w ROK light on mine and its a god drat lighthouse light.

http://lightforce.com/product/rok10-and-20-led-utility-lights/

Hey I guess I should check this more often -

Slee claimed they made the latch for this 200 series bumper new, as in this is the first bumper he's installed this particular latch on. I don't mind it as-is.

re: back seat club, no sorry, I have 3 little boys who own everything from the middle row back. My oldest sits in the back on the left, and the only cargo space we really have that doesn't get trampled on a regular basis is the rear-right side of the truck, so yeah, it is what it is. Opening the rear isn't difficult, it's another 15 seconds for the couple times a week I throw stuff in back.

re: reverse lights, Slee installed both Rigid red LEDs on the bumper as well as white reverse LEDs that really do light up what's behind you (at least what's on the ground) very well.

Kind of a poo poo picture and I didn't have anyone else around to put it in reverse while I took a pic - probably not the best thing to try alone - you can see the reverse LEDs to the bottom-right of the license plate and below the spare.

Probably going to leave the bumper alone aside from a basket at some point and bolting on a Rotopax or two behind the spare. I did get an interesting offer today from the maker of Gamiviti roof racks, so I may well have one of those on the truck soon...

Also trying to figure out how to ~*~HACK THE PLANET~*~ and put Bilstein 6112s (Tundra) up front and 5160s (FJ Cruiser, revalved) out back (with SPC UCAs up front to get it back into alignment, and probably OME 2721 or 2722 springs out back) to lift it, even though Bilstein doesn't officially offer a 200 kit yet... Would like to get that done soon but am waiting on Bilstein to confirm this plan of action and then I'll be the guinea pig but spend less than half what I'd spend if I went with BP-51s.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

Only from the back though, the front is all kindsa hosed up because someone hit it and I can't find replacement fenders :(

That's fine, the back end on these cars is so good. I'd happily swap my mk3 for even a shoddy one because I adore them that much.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016
First time using a topside fluid extractor to do the oil change on the B8.

It wasn't as glorious as the forumboys made it sound. A lot of pumping a little sucking, took forever to get all the poison out. But it was a lot less messy!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

picked up a sparklin clean '99 Limited 4Runner a couple weeks and proceeded to get her filthy this weekend

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

rap music posted:

picked up a sparklin clean '99 Limited 4Runner a couple weeks and proceeded to get her filthy this weekend

Literal dream truck. It's the only thing I have a IFTTT search for.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

beep-beep car is go posted:

Literal dream truck. It's the only thing I have a IFTTT search for.

Same, dude. Exact configuration I wanted popped up a few states over and I had to have it.

Here's some more pics if you wanna check it out: http://imgur.com/a/6Kemd

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

rap music posted:

Same, dude. Exact configuration I wanted popped up a few states over and I had to have it.

Here's some more pics if you wanna check it out: http://imgur.com/a/6Kemd

Oh man. I want to ask what you got it for, but I also don't so I won't cry when I see how much it'll take for a dream realized.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

beep-beep car is go posted:

Oh man. I want to ask what you got it for, but I also don't so I won't cry when I see how much it'll take for a dream realized.

$7,500, 126k miles.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

rap music posted:

$7,500, 126k miles.

For that condition, with those miles, that seems more than fair.

:sigh:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Tremek posted:

Kind of a poo poo picture and I didn't have anyone else around to put it in reverse while I took a pic - probably not the best thing to try alone - you can see the reverse LEDs to the bottom-right of the license plate and below the spare.

Protip: put it in reverse with the parking brake on, and the engine not running.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

rap music posted:

+1 for absolutely loving these. Really love it. Where'd you take it to play? That in CT? That looks like a lot of fun

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

+1 for absolutely loving these. Really love it. Where'd you take it to play? That in CT? That looks like a lot of fun

Green Ridge State Forest in western MD. Lots of deep puddles and harsh terrain to climb over. The ranger lady must have warned us 10 times about how they wouldn't be able to tow us out if we got stuck but it devoured everything thrown at it.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

First time using a topside fluid extractor to do the oil change on the B8.

It wasn't as glorious as the forumboys made it sound. A lot of pumping a little sucking, took forever to get all the poison out. But it was a lot less messy!

A fumoto valve would be way faster and easier than this thing, save for having to drive the car up on ramps or putting it on jackstands. Also, is the oil filter removable on the B8 without having to get under the car?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

MetaJew posted:

A fumoto valve would be way faster and easier than this thing, save for having to drive the car up on ramps or putting it on jackstands. Also, is the oil filter removable on the B8 without having to get under the car?

You just reminded me to get one of these for my WRX, with the new FA-20 the oil filter is right up on top. Thanks!

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

MetaJew posted:

Yeah, so I mean - there was obv's some operator error with my first time.

Filter is up top, inverted near the back of the supercharger.

A Fumoto Valve would suck just as much as a normal oil change procedure, in that I have to remove the dozen or so fasteners and pull the front belly pan. So at that point, I'm fine with a normal oil pan drain plug. I have a lift, but still. This was fairly fire and forget.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

Nice, clean E30.

The blacked out kidneys give it a real Mk2 VW vibe in the head-on shot. Those projector roundies are hot, too.

edit: which mk2

Garage2Roadtrip fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 8, 2017

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

So jealous.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'll trade you both all three of my cars for that.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

I like it because it's red.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Yeah, so I mean - there was obv's some operator error with my first time.

Filter is up top, inverted near the back of the supercharger.

A Fumoto Valve would suck just as much as a normal oil change procedure, in that I have to remove the dozen or so fasteners and pull the front belly pan. So at that point, I'm fine with a normal oil pan drain plug. I have a lift, but still. This was fairly fire and forget.

They have barbed versions for hoses. Zip tie some tubing to the belly pan and you're good to go if you can physically turn the valve.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Lightbulb Out posted:

I like it because it's red.

:circlefap:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
k1 krew

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

A half cage and K1's...that's a happy E30

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Turns out fitting even the smallest carseat in a Nissan Juke is basically unfeasible so my wife wanted a new car.

Criteria: AWD, fits a car seat, not a minivan, budget 10-20k.

Heated steering wheel? Also, the Germans definitely have creative places for buttons.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Very nice! My first E90 was that color, I miss it quite a bit.

Not only is the heated steering wheel button in the dumbest place, it came with an aluminium shift knob. Since swapping 6MT knobs is easy, it got an M sport leather one immediately.

And if you're curious, the heated steering button is still in the same, terrible place in the F3x models.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

Alarbus posted:

Very nice! My first E90 was that color, I miss it quite a bit.

Not only is the heated steering wheel button in the dumbest place, it came with an aluminium shift knob. Since swapping 6MT knobs is easy, it got an M sport leather one immediately.

And if you're curious, the heated steering button is still in the same, terrible place in the F3x models.

I had to look up where it is, that is super weird! On my wife's E70 it's on the right side of the airbag in that cluster of media/nav buttons.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

rap music posted:

Green Ridge State Forest in western MD. Lots of deep puddles and harsh terrain to climb over. The ranger lady must have warned us 10 times about how they wouldn't be able to tow us out if we got stuck but it devoured everything thrown at it.

God that's awesome and seems like a ton of fun! Super jealous. One day 🙏

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

NitroSpazzz posted:

A half cage and K1's...that's a happy E30

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I hope I can get my E34 that clean one day. :sigh:

'92 535i 5-speed. Got it running like a dream but it's pretty banged up cosmetically.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Since the 996 is off the road until I can get it inspected and the 968 wheels and tires blow I swapped the 996's BBS LM replicas over and drat they look nice. It'll be hard to go to anything else now.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
1991 735iL

Dreadite
Dec 31, 2004

College Slice
Such a good looking BMW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Jymmybob posted:

Since the 996 is off the road until I can get it inspected and the 968 wheels and tires blow I swapped the 996's BBS LM replicas over and drat they look nice. It'll be hard to go to anything else now.

boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

:eyepop: