Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Just got a WoN Metroid (the big 6in one) on a chance ToysRUs run. $15 seems like a drat steal considering how sought after these seemed to be.

Holy poo poo this thing is easily the best figure in the entire line. Its a perfect representation of a Metroid, I didn't realize the dome was soft!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I want one of these so bad.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/mark-i-endoskeleton-molecule8-903050

STAINLESS STEEL ENDOSKELETON. That is just... badass. Half tempted to order one just to do the inevitable weird Wolverine skeleton display.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Just got a WoN Metroid (the big 6in one) on a chance ToysRUs run. $15 seems like a drat steal considering how sought after these seemed to be.

Holy poo poo this thing is easily the best figure in the entire line. Its a perfect representation of a Metroid, I didn't realize the dome was soft!

Yeah, I'm stoked to put up a display with it and the new Figma Prime 3 Samus... it's basically the perfect size for the grown baby Metroid.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Toyark/status/872450955211571201

Machiko and Broken Tusk!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Doooooooppppeee

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm real glad she's not a sdcc exclusive. I mostly stick to NECA's movie stuff but that's too cool not to grab.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope they make a Shorty and a Top Knot next. I'd like to check off all the big characters.

Shorty would be easy. Just use one of the older molds for 'em.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Too bad it's NECA so the articulation is meh and they fall apart. :smith:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Had that problem happen to like...3 figures in the past five years.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Actually NECA is good now and their CS people will replace most broken stuff

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The worst NECA figure I've had is that Alien Isolation Alien. I had two of them, and both had the same issue. hosed up teeth, bad dome, floppy articulation. The second worst is that Ripley from the two pack.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
The big issue with NECA is that their stuff just kind of feels fragile, even when it's not. Posing Marvel Legends is a worry-free joy; posing NECA figures is annoying, nerve-wracking, or both.

Exception: that dog alien. I was really hoping they turned a corner after I got the dog alien in hand, but nope.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Their AvP predators were masterpieces. Easily the most sturdy figures they've ever made.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That dog alien is a real good figure, isn't it?

I actually haven't had a NECA break on me since the very first Aliens warrior alien, which is still on my shelf with a glued together knee. It's old enough that the articulation is pretty limited but it is such a good sculpt.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Unmasked Machiko

https://twitter.com/Mr_W1ll/status/872518932791472128

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That tweet is a reminder that NECA twitter fans are terrible.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Very true.

Also one of the first posts about it on that hellishly nerdy site, Sideshow Freaks was about how it should show more skin.

eugh

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Funny, one of the first tweets I saw was commending NECA for not oversexualizing her.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

I loved AVP when I was 14 but I tried rereading it and thought it was pretty bland, even by Dark Horse Alien/Predator comic standards. Does anyone else feel this way or has adulthood killed my ability to have fun?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They just did the old comic design. NECA deserves no praise or opprobrium for it's level of sexiness

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Machiko's costume got oddly sexual as the series went on. So the look everyone thinks of is the ones on those novel covers.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Newest custom is up:

I have a few more brown Wolverines - might pump out a few more since he wasn't as killer as some as the other things I've been working on and everyone seems to love that costume.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

loving awesome, and kudos on the claws. if you make more and are willing to sell, I'll take one!

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Fuzz posted:

loving awesome, and kudos on the claws. if you make more and are willing to sell, I'll take one!

Thanks man - I won't pimp him here, but he's up on eBay. Starting bid is a little high, but he cost about $40ish in supplies, plus time to make. Might do them a little cheaper once I sell the first couple extra proceeds go towards subsidizing my larger Wolverine collection. I think, outside of the ones on the way, I have every ML/Modern Toy Biz Wolverine onward from 2000 to now, except for the variant Face-Off Wolverine (which I'm in the market for - tempted to buy the $54 MOC pack on eBay).

The claws are just from the same guy everyone else is getting them - I think the rate is like two pairs for $7 - if you want the details I'm happy to PM them.

Paints are just a really good airbrush brand I found for the yellow/shoulder pads, other parts (arms/gloves/boots) were handpainted. The black parts/belt symbol are waterslide decals that I drew up in adobe illustrator (trial and error) so everything is perfectly symmetrical - they seal on perfectly fine and are nearly imperceptible from paint. You can actually paint right over them. The shoulder pads I casted from some Rulk series Wolverine's - they need some modding in future as I'm not happy with their inherent imperfections, but that's going to take a bit of trial and error with casting and re-sculpting.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Question for ya peeps, has anyone ever dealt with storehorsemen before? Does it take normally a couple days to get a shipping notice from them?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Question for ya peeps, has anyone ever dealt with storehorsemen before? Does it take normally a couple days to get a shipping notice from them?

Yes it does.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Cool, thanks! I was worried for a bit there. I'll be patient and less :goonsay:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Cool, thanks! I was worried for a bit there. I'll be patient and less :goonsay:

Nah, you weren't being too goony. 4H really seem to take their time packing up stuff. They also like to print shipping labels and not actually send the package until a week later.

They'll take care of you, it'll just be slow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Self printing of shipping labels is the worst.

It lets jerks on ebay claim they shipped because they can deliver ebay a tracking number, and not do it for days still.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Fuzz posted:

do you want to gently caress them?

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Aphrodite posted:

It lets jerks on ebay claim they shipped because they can deliver ebay a tracking number, and not do it for days still.
For something ultimately not world breaking, this is a big complaint of mine. When I sell I don't print my own labels so I make sure I'm dropping the item off typically the next day after purchase.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

I self print but I also do home pickup - or I drop it off sameday at the post office because I hate waiting in line.

That's only priority or first class though. Other options are always like $50 via self print.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Self printing of shipping labels is the worst.

Yeah but it lets me prep all my packages at 2am and drop them off in the overnight box.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For every one of you there's 10 of the other kind.

...Which means if I have you killed I lower the problematic users tenfold.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

ShimSham posted:

For something ultimately not world breaking, this is a big complaint of mine. When I sell I don't print my own labels so I make sure I'm dropping the item off typically the next day after purchase.

Same. I print mine in batches but I always ship that same day.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Still looking for Moon Knight from the new Spider-Man wave. Also looking for the BAF parts from these guys.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

As long as we're begging I am still searching for a Green Goblin from that Sandman wave. Can be loose, do not care about the BAF but do need all the accessories.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

purple death ray posted:

As long as we're begging I am still searching for a Green Goblin from that Sandman wave. Can be loose, do not care about the BAF but do need all the accessories.

Surprise I didn't see him in the stores that FINALLY got the Sandman wave recently. Him and Spidey 2099 from that wave I never seen in retail at all. Strange to see Ms Marvel on retail shelves through every once in a while as she was my number one want from that wave and was a pain in the rear end to get from Amazon.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

purple death ray posted:

I have him loose and am not that keen on him, despite him being the most important Spidey villain... I dunno, the articulation is meh.

I'll think about offloading him. Might even have the box and BAF heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Cyclops has gotten kinda scrawny recently but he makes up for it with his MASSIVE GUN :hellyeah: