Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Chilichimp posted:

I am willing to bet money I know the fat rear end in a top hat who may have engaged in that activity.

So report him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Charliegrs posted:

What I'm saying is, we aren't necessarily looking at yet another big mideast war because the Iranian Parliament was attacked. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the whole Qatar situation either. On a region where shootings/bombings are commonplace adding 2+2 together doesn't always equal 4.

You're only postponing the apocalypse when you're suggesting such reasonable thinking.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Charliegrs posted:

I think some of you are thinking too much into this attack in Iran. It's not like Iran doesn't have domestic terror groups and they've attacked before. In fact I think Khameini himself nearly got killed in a bomb attack in the 80s. There's video of it even.

What I'm saying is, we aren't necessarily looking at yet another big mideast war because the Iranian Parliament was attacked. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the whole Qatar situation either. On a region where shootings/bombings are commonplace adding 2+2 together doesn't always equal 4.

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Qatar situation, but attacks like this are not at all common in Iran. This is a very big deal and people are justifiably concerned about it.

Edit: AFP is reporting ISIS is taking credit. That is definitely unexpected.

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/872380427671138304

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
ISIS will likely try and distract the world from the current assault on Raqqa as much as possible.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Pfft, that's not news!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Florida Betty posted:

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Qatar situation, but attacks like this are not at all common in Iran. This is a very big deal and people are justifiably concerned about it.

This is going to lead to the Russian probe being stopped, isn't it

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Willo567 posted:

This is going to lead to the Russian probe being stopped, isn't it

What a stupid take.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Florida Betty posted:

Typical.

NATO has always been at war with Sunni Islamist terrorists. We have never been at war with Shiite Islamist terrorists.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Mustached Demon posted:

What a stupid take.

Sorry about the overreaction. I'm just worried that Trump will use this as a distraction

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Sorry about the overreaction. I'm just worried that Trump will use this as a distraction

Of course he'll try, but once the gears of the ankle-deep state turn, they cannot brake that quickly.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Willo567 posted:

Hahahahahahahahaha

Bwahahaha what timeline you pop out of?

Unless you mean "distraction" as in saying something so profoundly stupid even McCain stops being deeply troubled.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000
Sunni Saudi Arabia plays Trump like a fiddle to whip up fervor over Iran, and then Sunni ISIS attacks Iran. Sure it's more complicated than that, but not a good look.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Im struggling to see what anyone gains from this?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

hitchensgoespop posted:

Oil Prices are going to go up.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

hitchensgoespop posted:

Instability in the GCC, friction with Iran, and making US foreign policy look weak are victories for Putin, but that's a far cry from saying he instigated the situations.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

hitchensgoespop posted:

Getting to shoot some people is frequently the motive of the youngest, lowest-rank fighters.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Gonna get buried under ME War Mark III, but blue states are escalating 'gently caress Trump':

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/07/china-and-california-sign-deal-to-work-on-climate-change-without-trump

quote:

Brown later held a closed-door meeting with the Chinese president, Xi Jinping, during which the two pledged to expand trade between California and China with an emphasis on so-called green technologies that could help address climate change, Brown said. Trump’s announcement last week that he wanted to pull out of the Paris accord did not come up, according to the governor.

“Xi spoke in very positive terms,” Brown told reporters after the meeting. “I don’t think there’s any desire to get into verbal battles with President Trump.”

Tuesday’s agreement between California and China’s Ministry of Science and Technology effectively sidestepped Trump’s move, bringing about alignment on an issue of rising global importance between the world’s second-largest economy — China — and California, whose economy is the largest of any U.S. state and the sixth largest in the world.

Nonbinding, but still.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Exactly, so who gains?

Which regional power gains, it seems none?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Jill Stein on the intercepted, the intercepts podcast, entitled "The Woman Democrats Love To Hate:

Is honestly just Hot Take: The Media Org" at this point

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Nosre posted:

Gonna get buried under ME War Mark III, but blue states are escalating 'gently caress Trump':

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/07/china-and-california-sign-deal-to-work-on-climate-change-without-trump

Nonbinding, but still.

I really feel such international agreements skipping the involvement of our federal government should not at all be tolerated. This, combined with states forming a climate accord to reach out for an official, even if symbolic, agreement with the UN, could be a really bad thing for the health of our country.

Like, to me, such stories seem like they're bigger than even Comey's firing

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

tentative8e8op posted:

I really feel such international agreements skipping the involvement of our federal government should not at all be tolerated. This, combined with states forming a climate accord to reach out for an official, even if symbolic, agreement with the UN, could be a really bad thing for the health of our country.

In a sane world, you're absolutely right.

We don't live in a sane world anymore.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

tentative8e8op posted:

I really feel such international agreements skipping the involvement of our federal government should not at all be tolerated.
This, combined with states forming a climate accord to reach out for an official, even if symbolic, agreement with the UN, could be a really bad thing for the health of our country.

There are worse things going on in your country right now, all of which are directly responsible for this.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

tentative8e8op posted:

Well, they're the kind of stories that signal how the US is a failed state, or more accurately a loose confederation of states with radically different ideologies, only glued together by their common belief in exceptionalism and the convenience of a combined military might.

Nobody wants to talk about that.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/872408357277233152

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Willo567 posted:

"Overreaction" is generous. Even you, the person who thought of it, cannot make sense of what you just said. Who do you think he's going to "distract" with an ISIS attack in Tehran? Do you actually know who is doing the Russia investigation?

Tape your brain back together.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Nosre posted:

Nonbinding, but still.

Nosre posted:

Nonbinding, but still.

When do the Feds try to make an issue of this? Don't they need to actively defend their sovereignty over international diplomacy?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
So I've always wondered, when it's abcnews/wapo poll, does that just mean they both paid to have it commissioned, or that they actually went through and used resources for polling from both groups?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Glad that we have a clear idea of how many people in the country are completely delusional. 27% is slightly higher than I expected.

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 7, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jealous Cow posted:

When do the Feds try to make an issue of this? Don't they need to actively defend their sovereignty over international diplomacy?

It'd be an interesting court case if you're into that sort of thing. The whole non binding part at least.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/theresa_may/status/872181737933217794

:stare:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Has she always been this broken?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

hanales posted:

So I've always wondered, when it's abcnews/wapo poll, does that just mean they both paid to have it commissioned, or that they actually went through and used resources for polling from both groups?

Presumably they have merged their internal polling units, or at least do a lot of cooperation. Not a lot of news organizations can afford them more, so that kind of consolidation makes a lot of sense.

Smol fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 7, 2017

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

silicone thrills posted:

Glad that we have a clear idea of how many people in the country are completely delusional. 27% is slightly higher than I expected.

Being generous, surely some of those are just completely uninformed about even the most talked about current events.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

silicone thrills posted:

Nah it's low for the US. I would have put it at 40%.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/872419018799550464

e: https://twitter.com/braddjaffy/status/872420021301063682

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Florida Betty posted:

Being generous, surely some of those are just completely uninformed about even the most talked about current events.

At what point is willing ignorance not also a form of madness or self delusion?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

"OMG YOU ARE TOO OBSESSED WITH HIS TWEETS!"

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Daniel Coats is testifying today right? Is that open to the public / will it be streamed somewhere?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

nachos posted:

Has she always been this broken?

Yes but the stress of making GBS threads the bed repeatedly in the past week has been making her more honest about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

canepazzo posted:

"OMG YOU ARE TOO OBSESSED WITH HIS TWEETS!"

Yesterday Trump made Spicer tell everyone his tweets are official White House statements, so I think that line of defense has been abandoned. Trump didn't like his surrogates telling everyone to ignore him.

• Locked thread