Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Gunnerkrigg Court: It's Coyotes all the way down

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"Um, no you're not. I know a shadow man, he's my friend, and you look nothing like him."

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
false advertising! :argh:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
You can tell they were practicing this introduction.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Oh, right, technically aren't Shadow's people named the glass-eyed men?

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Kikas posted:

You can tell they were practicing this introduction.

I'm expecting a Dr. Disaster title card next.
Dr. Disaster versus the Shadowy Plot of the Shadow Men.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Hey now, Annie's the one with the friends on the Other Side! :argh:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

Oh, right, technically aren't Shadow's people named the glass-eyed men?

They call them the shadow men.

I think it's just more tripping over each other's lines. She's trying to introduce themselves, he's going straight to the subject.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

MikeJF posted:

They call them the shadow men.

I think it's just more tripping over each other's lines. She's trying to introduce themselves, he's going straight to the subject.

If they were here regarding shadow they would have said shadowmAn

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MikeJF posted:

Oh my gosh, you're probably right. That makes them even more the bestest. :swoon:

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

End the chapter right here please.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The jig is up! Cheese it!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Watch Robot remotely activate the body Kat grew once they threaten Shadow even in the slightest.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Idk, Eglamore and her robo pal don't seem hostile, but they also definitely want Kat to know who's got all the cards in this convo, so I'm still a bit worried.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tuxedo Ted posted:

The jig is up! Cheese it!

Robot:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Maybe Annie had the foresight to tell Kat that if anyone were to ask after Shadow, they were to speak to Jones.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I just assumed that they're trying to recruit her.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Or join the Robot Cult?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Conspiracies within conspiracies? Unheard of.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
"We just think you're doing really cool stuff, and can we have your autograph?"

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I always assumed that everyone in the court knew what those meddling kids were up to. I'm actually mildly surprised that it's only these two.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Fecha posted:

I always assumed that everyone in the court knew what those meddling kids were up to. I'm actually mildly surprised that it's only these two.
I'm already assuming that the Court elite know, no way could that info only be known to just two of their Security agents and not a single other person.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Jones was not joking when she said that the Court tracks people through their food, right?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I don't see why Jones would joke about anything ever.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I'm already assuming that the Court elite know, no way could that info only be known to just two of their Security agents and not a single other person.

I'm sure it's just a line-item on their bi-annual report or whatever though. Until whatever it is costs money or endangers national security or whatever they probably don't get involved.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

Jones was not joking when she said that the Court tracks people through their food, right?

Guessing Annie must have eventually just forgot about that, since knowing that makes it pretty obvious the Court would immediately know poo poo like them hanging out down by the river.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
There are probably a lot of things the Court doesn't notice just because it doesn't pay attention to everything. Even big spy agencies miss stuff all the time, just because they have access to more data than they could ever actually examine personally.

Mind you, Annie and friends probably underestimate how much of a priority Kat is to the Court.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Is Kat actually a robot? are all the court people actually all robots? (apart from the fairies) i say yes

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

Mind you, Annie and friends probably underestimate how much of a priority Kat is to the Court.
Annie is likely a pretty high priority too, considering she's an envoy of the enemy.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

maswastaken posted:

Annie is likely a pretty high priority too, considering she's an envoy of the enemy.

The Court and The Forest aren't really enemies. They're just...not really friends. Think belligerent neighbours. The Court is that stuffy one that complains that his neighbour's dog got out and took a dump on his lawn.

in this analogy coyote is both the dog and the owner of the dog

and he's also the lawn

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Slime posted:

The Court and The Forest aren't really enemies. They're just...not really friends. Think belligerent neighbours.
Now I'm picturing the Headmaster and Ysengrin starting their mornings by walking out to their ends of the bridge and flipping each other off.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

maswastaken posted:

True! I just think Annie has figured that part out.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

maswastaken posted:

Although the Court probably doesn't want to interfere too much with what the Forest Medium does, in case it causes complications.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Does Annie have diplomatic immunity? Does she have an embassy? Can she be declared persona non grata and expelled? Answer these questions, Tom. :mad:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Shangri-Law School posted:

Does Annie have diplomatic immunity?
Not from her dad.

quote:

Does she have an embassy?
She has her own basement, which she moved into because of her dad.

quote:

Can she be declared persona non grata and expelled?
Her dad seemed to think so.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
its quite ominous how they say they've kept it secret from the rest of the "shadow men" specifically, and not, say, the court.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Adorable robot/human couple, or just adorable good friends?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GOOD GOD.

THEY'RE ROBOVERTS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Arthur Crackpot posted:

Adorable robot/human couple, or just adorable good friends?

Pink arrows aren't for friendship.