Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real Quake game like Quake 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Mordja posted:

Pre-release public and critical opinion was against COD:IW, and in favour of EA's big shooters. They basically sent TF2 out alongside Battlefield to steal as much as Activision's market share as possible with reckless abandon. I guess they were looking for a short-term gain without considering what would actually be best for the series, but that's EA for you.

Yeah the short term gain is what I was talking about, it was just not good for the series as a whole and we even got articles not long after saying future of titanfall 3 uncertain.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

KoB posted:

no, the xbox one two

Xbox 1-2 Switch

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A good av from a good movie, comrade.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder what the worst announcements could be this year...:allears:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/6flzxv/what_are_the_worst_possible_announcement_that/

limaCAT posted:

A good av from a good movie, comrade.
Thanks bro.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

whatever it is it will probably come out of Microsoft's keynote because they've always had the "YOU HAD ONE JOB" moment. Conker is BACK!!!! (in Project Spark) Conker is BACK!!!! (in augmented reality) Phantom Dust is BACK!!!! (it's the original game not the remake)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I was cool with Phantom Dust HD remaster because I had virtually zero faith in Microsoft being able to create a faithful, good remake.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Heran Bago posted:

id is making a new Quake that's really fun and a lot of veterans think they're ruining the franchise.

False, in fact! id is NOT working on Quake Champions.

It IS true that it's a bollocks hero shooter with loot box-style currencies and microtransactions.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

mutata posted:

False, in fact! id is NOT working on Quake Champions.

It IS true that it's a bollocks hero shooter with loot box-style currencies and microtransactions.

It would have been cooler if, piggybacking off of the ending of DOOM, the space marine gets teleported to the Quake universe and has to fight his way out of there thus finally connecting those 2 iconic id franchises and setting up an intriguing sequel to DOOM 2016. But no Bethesda doesn't believe in the Quake IP and just wants to poo poo out a freemium PC game thinking there gonna get some of that Overwatch money.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Mr President posted:

It would have been cooler if, piggybacking off of the ending of DOOM, the space marine gets teleported to the Quake universe and has to fight his way out of there thus finally connecting those 2 iconic id franchises and setting up an intriguing sequel to DOOM 2016. But no Bethesda doesn't believe in the Quake IP and just wants to poo poo out a freemium PC game thinking there gonna get some of that Overwatch money.

quake always needed more waifus tbh

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

quake always needed more waifus tbh

Is there any video game franchise that doesn't apply to?

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is there any video game franchise that doesn't apply to?

Metroid

because there should only be just the one

e: although maybe there should be some sort of fun AI waifu...?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

No one claims Samus as their waifu, all Metroid players are vying to be SAMUS' waifu.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

That's actually the plot to the new Metroid game Federation Force: Other F

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
I heard Nintendo is going to announce the Metroid movie at e3. Directed by John Woo staring Ivanka Trump as Samus

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Metroidimension Neptunia Alter F Sega Plus by Idea Factory

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please don't steal my Steam Greenlight game idea tia

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I want Michel Ancel to get onstage at the Sony Conference and announce that Wild is actually just The Mark of Kri 2

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Gilbert Gottfried is SAMUS in 2019's blockbuster gaming event of the decade!

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysno8xdJWo

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ChickenHeart posted:

Gilbert Gottfried is SAMUS in 2019's blockbuster gaming event of the decade!

Shouldn't he be voicing Ridley instead?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Blackfyre posted:

My wife said something similar just the other day. Wonder if it's because there seems to be more details in the textures etc?

Fun fact, Crash himself is almost entirely made of single color polygons, even his eyes. (The environments definitely use lots of textures though)

Probably because Crash was so much more "on-rails" so they could really focus the graphics budget. Mario 64 was more sandbox so they had to support much longer draw distances and generally keep everything super low poly.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

Fun fact, Crash himself is almost entirely made of single color polygons, even his eyes. (The environments definitely use lots of textures though)

Probably because Crash was so much more "on-rails" so they could really focus the graphics budget. Mario 64 was more sandbox so they had to support much longer draw distances and generally keep everything super low poly.

Or its because Naughty Dog are superior game developers than Miyamoto San

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mr President posted:

Nintendo had to use most of the N64's power to generate all the parallel universes in that game. Unfortunately Crash was more limited in its dimensional metaphysics

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mr President posted:

Should we dig up the interviews with Naughty Dog when they mentioned seeing Mario 64 at E3 and basically poo poo their pants?

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

Should we dig up the interviews with Naughty Dog when they mentioned seeing Mario 64 at E3 and basically poo poo their pants?

Fake News!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dissidia Final Fantasy Nt for PS4 leaked via Amazon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0oTJiy6j8g

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think they should have noctis in it. Hire me squeenix

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
why did they replace cosmos and chaos with way worse looking versions

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish KT would do a Final Fantasy Warriors.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think they should have noctis in it. Hire me squeenix

good news hes in it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Square went gently caress it and officially announced it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpgPiwURMM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

God I really want Gundam Versus for the Switch.

Arena brawlers are 100% my jam

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Square went gently caress it and officially announced it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpgPiwURMM

4 loving UI bars, one for every corner of the screen, plus a minimap, genius design Squeenix.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

4 loving UI bars, one for every corner of the screen, plus a minimap, genius design Squeenix.

This version used to be an arcade game I think

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want to be hype for dissidia but i really disliked how the psp one plays. Hoping this is different

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Hope you like bad remixes

afaik the main change is 3v3 fights

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
What does NT even stand for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012