Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Nintendo had to use most of the N64's power to generate all the parallel universes in that game. Unfortunately Crash was more limited in its dimensional metaphysics

While Mario 64 had parallel dimensions IN it's game, Crash released in parallel dimensions which easily caused it to sell more than Mario 64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

4 loving UI bars, one for every corner of the screen, plus a minimap, genius design Squeenix.

There should be a Final Fantasy game where you character suffers from an illness that causes more and more Bars to appear on their Ui. The finally boss is sephiroth who is resurrected by combining all the UI bars from your screen into a new giant body

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
This one has a blind catgirl in it right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Since when is Yshtola blind?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tag yourself in the Dissidia trailer

I'm Unknown xXx_420WeedLordSephirothSSJ5_xXx

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Zaphod42 posted:

Should we dig up the interviews with Naughty Dog when they mentioned seeing Mario 64 at E3 and basically poo poo their pants?

Fried Watermelon posted:

While Mario 64 had parallel dimensions IN it's game, Crash released in parallel dimensions which easily caused it to sell more than Mario 64

Post the article where the Crash devs literally had to program around quantum mechanics crashing the save files

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

RJWaters2 posted:

Post the article where the Crash devs literally had to program around quantum mechanics crashing the save files

It wasn't quantum mechanics, no matter what the dev claims. It was just plain old hardware timing issues.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

Since when is Yshtola blind?

Since two years ago?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Infinitum posted:

Tag yourself in the Dissidia trailer

I'm Unknown xXx_420WeedLordSephirothSSJ5_xXx

I'm Nameless Soldier

Ion Mage
Dec 21, 2006

RJWaters2 posted:

I think thats been posted like 3 times already.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
i'm nameless jotaro joestar

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/872460812434128896

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I'm kind of hoping this is some stupid Kojima fakeout and he reveals that Sony have bought the rights to make an Escape from New York game.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Thats fine. I dont really want to know anything more about that game until im playing it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

was expected another tease but the fact that they're taking this year off to go full-bore is actually encouraging, I'd rather they make the best game they can and have it be a complete thing. Frankly with Sony/Guerilla helping out, I can't imagine it being as much a clusterfuck as Konami was.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Has Microsoft announced a VR platform for Scorpio?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rebellion announces....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anfp4gU7FAg

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ExCruceLeo posted:

There is meant to be one, although it won't be at E3 so likely a further-down-the-line thing.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

univbee posted:

There is meant to be one, although it won't be at E3 so likely a further-down-the-line thing.

Ah. I know they made a deal with a previously VR only game but didn't know if part of it was a non vr version.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Atlus will keep the 3DS alive

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

You made me think this was a trailer for DMC5

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

They're zombies, Francis.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Atlus will keep the 3DS alive

Etrian gets a cool 18 month turnaround time, glad to see Atlus upping their game after Persona 5

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ExCruceLeo posted:

They said this week that they have no plans for console vr until it can be wireless and pc will be the focus of their ar/vr for the future so dont expect scorpio to ever get a headset anytime soon.

“Our primary focus is making our mixed reality experiences a success on Windows 10 PCs,” Alex Kipman, technical fellow at Microsoft, told Polygon today. “We believe that right now a Windows PC is the best platform for mixed reality as its open ecosystem and enormous installed base offer the best opportunity for developers, and Windows offers the most choices for consumers.

“Windows has been the birthplace of a variety of technologies, and we believe this will hold for mixed reality too. Given the efforts we have underway on Windows for mixed reality, and our belief that console VR should be wireless, right now we are focused on developing mixed reality experiences for the PC, not on the console.”

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 7, 2017

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Call of Duty: Zombies - The Full Version.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TinyBuild's announcement is some sort of town sim but it looks a lil low budget: http://store.steampowered.com/app/631540/Community_Inc/

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Quest For Glory II posted:

TinyBuild's announcement is some sort of town sim but it looks a lil low budget: http://store.steampowered.com/app/631540/Community_Inc/

another banished clone yay?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What's the chance of seeing another super cool Death Stranding Trailer that gives no insight on what the game is about or how it plays?

Unless there's some stuff about the Spider-Man game, there's very little I'm looking forward to being annouced so far outside of Battlefront 2. No RDR2, No Farcry 5, No new Bethesda IP reveal.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

twistedmentat posted:

What's the chance of seeing another super cool Death Stranding Trailer that gives no insight on what the game is about or how it plays?

If you take the announcement above at face value, low. If you think it's some kind of reverse psychology mind game, high. So, who knows.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The next Death Stranding trailer is just going to be Timothy Olyphant digging up graves and finding that baby in one of them, alive and well.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Stefanie Joosten will be in it and still not wearing any clothes, but this time for a different very compelling reason you will have to play the game to find out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

haveblue posted:

If you take the announcement above at face value, low. If you think it's some kind of reverse psychology mind game, high. So, who knows.

Yea, I mean it is Kojima Unbound, so who the gently caress knows?

Saint Freak posted:

Stefanie Joosten will be in it and still not wearing any clothes, but this time for a different very compelling reason you will have to play the game to find out.

No, you see she photosynthesizes, so she needs to have as much skin exposed as possible!
What about that she's constantly rubbing her tits? And bending over in the players face?
Uh.....gotta go!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Doorknob Slobber posted:

another banished clone yay?

I'm not against that, Banished is fun.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

haveblue posted:

we are, after all, talking about a madman who invented a fake game company and fake developer just to covertly announce MGSV. I wouldn't take anything that Kojima says at face value. He'll probably show footage and say "I said no Death Stranding footage but I never said anything about BRIDGES which is a substory developed by Moby Dick Games lol"

The same Sony people who trademarked "Decima Engine" for Kojipro also recently trademarked "V" and "Sleepwalker" 2 months ago so for all we know this whole thing is just an alt-history where Snake never woke from his coma.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Unless there's some stuff about the Spider-Man game, there's very little I'm looking forward to being annouced so far outside of Battlefront 2. No RDR2, No Farcry 5, No new Bethesda IP reveal.

Kojima just said no trailer. Full production started so he didnt have time. He will be at e3 talking about the game on 6/14

KoB
May 1, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm not against that, Banished is fun.

:same:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

announcing the Bridges DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn

"we said it would be in the same engine, we didn't say it wouldn't be in the same game"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DLC Inc posted:

we are, after all, talking about a madman who invented a fake game company and fake developer just to covertly announce MGSV. I wouldn't take anything that Kojima says at face value. He'll probably show footage and say "I said no Death Stranding footage but I never said anything about BRIDGES which is a substory developed by Moby Dick Games lol"

The same Sony people who trademarked "Decima Engine" for Kojipro also recently trademarked "V" and "Sleepwalker" 2 months ago so for all we know this whole thing is just an alt-history where Snake never woke from his coma.

Yep, one of the reasons I am suspect at anything he says. I'd take a few seconds of gameplay, or even some concept drawings.

I feel like if we just knew the plot of the game it would go a long way to satisfying my curiosity. "it will feature black hole physics" is not enough.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kojima is my favorite crazy game developer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Teleporting fetuses, biotanks, and black goo. Honestly we probably already know too much

• Locked thread