Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
We have an FBI Director nominee, Christopher Wray, former Assistant Attorney General under W 2003-2005, deputy 2001-2003, and Chris Christie's personal lawyer during Bridgegate.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/872420383282143232

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/872422691944488961

As people weigh in, this doesn't seem as nuts as I originally thought.

https://twitter.com/NormEisen/status/872422921972699140

http://www.kslaw.com/people/Christopher-Wray

Guy's probably legit https://twitter.com/rebeccagberg/status/872425147034202112

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

WaPo is running a story today about how Trump asked the DNI to intervene in the Flynn investigation, not just try to downplay it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.5cba9e67b77d

The White House referred the reporters to Trump's personal defense attorneys when contacted.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
When's the DNI testifying today?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

cowboy elvis posted:

When's the DNI testifying today?

10AM Eastern.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Fox news saying republicans can't legislate because dems are being obstructionist and have no platform apart from opposing Trump

:ironicat:

We'll change the rules in the Senate to get our agenda through

Dems would rather see America fail than Trump win.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Waroduce posted:

Dems would rather see America fail than Trump win.

Insha'Allah

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Just listened to a stretched analogy about the cold war ending because people wanted western freedoms they saw beyond the iron curtain and that's how were gunna beat isis

We should all have a Let's Watch Fox News Thread for an hour or two on a weekend and get hammered together

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

This guy is my friend and he is going to post here on Thursday.

Can you PM me with details?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saw this a few minutes ago :lol:

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
C-Span live stream for the hearing is up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trump's FBI director pick works for a lawfirm that has been representing Rosneft for over a year now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Trump's FBI director pick works for a lawfirm that has been representing Rosneft for over a year now.

LOL

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Zeris posted:

Can you PM me with details?

I'm 100% certain that he's joking.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
Is it wrong to think that Trump has been sitting on nominating an FBI director just to drop it right now to deflect the media?

Edit: it's starting, Burr is doing intros

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Diabeesting posted:

Is it wrong to think that Trump has been sitting on nominating an FBI director just to drop it right now to deflect the media?

Edit: it's starting, Burr is doing intros

Every time I hear 'Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act' I die a little inside.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm 100% certain that he's joking.

Rude

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mr. Nice! posted:

:stare:

Are you loving serious?

phuzzylodgik
Oct 20, 2005

Fuck this filter shit.

Tryzzub posted:

Every time I hear 'Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act' I die a little inside.
In case anyone else needs a refresher:

"Section 702 permits the Attorney General and the Director of National Intelligence to jointly authorize targeting of persons reasonably believed to be located outside the United States, but is limited to targeting non-U.S. persons. Once authorized, such acquisitions may last for periods of up to one year.

Under subsection 702(b) of the FISA Amendments Act, such an acquisition is also subject to several limitations. Specifically, an acquisition:
  • May not intentionally target any person known at the time of acquisition to be located in the United States;
  • May not intentionally target a person reasonably believed to be located outside the United States if the purpose of such acquisition is to target a particular, known person reasonably believed to be in the United States;
  • May not intentionally target a U.S. person reasonably believed to be located outside the United States;
  • May not intentionally acquire any communication as to which the sender and all intended recipients are known at the time of the acquisition to be located in the United States;
  • Must be conducted in a manner consistent with the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution.[10]
Section 702 authorizes foreign surveillance programs by the National Security Agency (NSA), like PRISM and some earlier data collection activities which were previously authorized under the President's Surveillance Program from 2001."

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Trip Report: At the Capitol in line to take a tour. Will report back after meeting with Deepthroat.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
When is the Qatar deadline up? Saudi Arabia have them 24 hours right?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The NSA guys are denying Trump ever told them to downplay or inhibit the investigation. And also taking the, "I cannot address this in a public session." The committee congressmen are pissed.

I have a big feeling this, and Comey's testimony are going to be a nothingfart.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Blind Rasputin posted:

The NSA guys are denying Trump ever told them to downplay or inhibit the investigation. And also taking the, "I cannot address this in a public session." The committee congressmen are pissed.

Yeah, this is really lame so far

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/872464825858879489?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Oh cool so when do the bombings start.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Blind Rasputin posted:

gently caress, we're gonna get gaslighted.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yeah this hearing is basically a nothingburger, they're stonewalling and being cute with language.

Hopefully Comey won't be so cute.

https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/872469003771551748

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
lotta word salads

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Fox news and hysterical dems narrative incoming

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This timeline is so weird with all the oddball Harpoon Scenarios becoming real.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Stop being lovely and the pressure of investigations won't be that bad Marco!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

In this corner, Iran, Qatar, and various Palestinian Groups.
In this corner, every other Arab Country.
It's all on the line! With special guest referee, USA!

Oh god, is that an Arc Light! Someone threw a B52 into the ring!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bulletsponge13 posted:

In this corner, Iran, Qatar, and various Palestinian Groups.
In this corner, every other Arab Country.
It's all on the line! With special guest referee, USA!

Oh god, is that an Arc Light! Someone threw a B52 into the ring!

BAH GAWD THATS RUSSIA'S MUSIC!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/andreasklinger/status/872244649611505664

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yeah they all sound quite defensive about being made into political hay w/r/t the questioning that's happening so far.

Ron Wyden needs to shut the gently caress up. His disposition has me liking him less than the guys defending Trump

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The committee member to the DNI, "at this point you filibuster better than most of my colleagues so I'm going to move on.." gently caress

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I could never do one of these hearings. I'd start cussing these guys out and just flat out telling them they are guilty.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Whoa Angus King is slinging fire.

I'll be posting video later because wowzers. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU FEEL ADMIRAL

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Grilling these guys feels like a charade.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Warner looks like he wants to beat the gently caress out of this entire panel lol

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Blind Rasputin posted:

Grilling these guys feels like a charade.

Its documenting the obvious, that they have literally no sensible defense for the conduct that we have seen this administration undertake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Have they answered any questions at all so far, because it doesn't seem like it. They've never even heard of Comey.

• Locked thread