Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Blitz7x posted:

Trump literally said McCain wasn't a war hero and that he "likes people who weren't captured".

It would be one thing if McCain took all this on the chin and voted against everything Trump stands for but lol

If Republicans were as loyal to country as to party, the American political system would work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
trump gonna speak about healthcare, probably go off script and explain how we dont need free press anyway or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKL254LThVw

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When is the "Hillary Clinton had slaves" thing going to blow up? It's been on crazy left Twitter a couple days now, I can hardly believe Drudge, Trump, and thus the major cable news haven't picked it up yet.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Night10194 posted:

It's kind of amazing what we consider a slow news day now.

You know, considering a terrorist attack on Iran's parliament and poo poo.

Qatar basically has 24 hours to make 10 insane damands happen or else and turkey is moving in troops to defend Qatar. War could happen in the next 24 hours.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

hanales posted:

Actually last time it led to the story of his interview coming out. Wasn't really a bombshell. So he was probably interviewed again.

Yeah Wittes hasn't done this purely as a troll yet, but the stories aren't necessarily huge - yesterday it was over the 'Comey told Sessions he didn't want to be left alone with Trump' piece.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Al Borland Corp. posted:

When is the "Hillary Clinton had slaves" thing going to blow up? It's been on crazy left Twitter a couple days now, I can hardly believe Drudge, Trump, and thus the major cable news haven't picked it up yet.

the what now

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

botany posted:

trump gonna speak about healthcare, probably go off script and explain how we dont need free press anyway or something

Where is he?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It won't

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

botany posted:

the what now

She has a passage in her book about how black prisoners were the house staff at the Arkansas governor's mansion. It's a real "yiiiiikes" quote.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Crain posted:

Where is he?

On the tarmac in Cincinnati.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Skippy Granola posted:

Reportedly a Saudi terrorist attack (unless that was refuted while I was working)

I dunno what we were expecting. I wouldn't have expected big voluntary revelations from a committee hearing unless the committee had some solid proof

I don't think even Iran is claiming the Saudis did it themselves. I think they're suggesting they back the group that did it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

botany posted:

the what now

The Arkansas Governor's Manor uses prison labor for a lot of the menial tasks

The reason why it won't blow up on the right wing is because they have no understanding how hosed up the prison system is, and probably wish that every prison was run by someone like Sheriff Joe

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

botany posted:

This is cringe worthy.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Trump sees big mic. Biggest he's ever seen.

Now about these people who had their lives destroyed by obama...

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Like you like you like all of us.

Gotta use those prop humans.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

botany posted:

the what now

Prison labor at the Arkansas governor's mansion, I assume, there's a pretty ham-fisted bit about it in her book.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Right after the nytimes publishes a Mensch blog.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Qatar basically has 24 hours to make 10 insane damands happen or else and turkey is moving in troops to defend Qatar. War could happen in the next 24 hours.

Bullshit. There are way too many Americans in Qatar for an overt military action.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

evilweasel posted:

I don't think even Iran is claiming the Saudis did it themselves. I think they're suggesting they back the group that did it.

True, forgive my oversimplification

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

How long till we find out these people's "insurance" and "doctor" were literal hucksters who were shut down by new rules preventing their fake care?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I was listening to the BBC World Service and they had a Cambridge professor on. Said it'd be a stretch to prove the Saudis did it, but it's possible that the Saudis helped support those who did, possibly the mujahideens.

She also pointed out that it isn't really ISIS's MO to use women fighters, so it's pretty unlikely they themselves directed it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

hanales posted:

Right after the nytimes publishes a Mensch blog.

fox publishes that sort of thing all the loving time, or did you miss their week-long seth rich orgy of crazy

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Skippy Granola posted:

Reportedly a Saudi terrorist attack (unless that was refuted while I was working)

The Revolutionary Guard blamed the Saudis. Their foreign minister said they don't know who is responsible and that there's no evidence the Saudis were involved.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

The Arkansas Governor's Manor uses prison labor for a lot of the menial tasks

And the reason it's not blowing up is because other governor's mansions all over the country do the same thing. Missouri, Louisiana, and Ohio to name a few. Not saying it's right in any of those cases either, but since the three I listed still do it today, it's not as much of a story as it should be.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Because the book was published in 1996?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Blitz7x posted:

Bullshit. There are way too many Americans in Qatar for an overt military action.

This. People keep forgetting that we have two very large military bases there.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm just here to warn, if the Comey tong guess badly, I think they will try to deflect with this story.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Trabisnikof posted:

Because the book was published in 1996?

Clinton's treason has no statute of limitations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hollismason posted:

Sure but if the boss of our troops says to do nothing and watch KSA occupy the place, won't they follow the humiliating orders?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

here we go, Trump getting off the rails a bit.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hahahaaha gently caress the Democrats.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the hitler youth were a nice touch

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm just here to warn, if the Comey tong guess badly, I think they will try to deflect with this story.

Sure but since the Republicans are pro-prison labor and this *breaking news* is from a 20 year old book I'm not sure how much this will carry past the "love to hate Hillary" crowd.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Greatest deal ever (gently caress the poors) would get no votes from democrats.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

nevermind, that seems to be it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Lol what the gently caress can he not resist the urge to touch women.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

What on earth was that rinky dink little speech

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Crain posted:

nevermind, that seems to be it.

He is so visually and audibly repulsive. Glad that was short.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

Wait, what's the other base besides Al-Udeid? Bahrain hosts the 5th Fleet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
I have a hard time believing that Republicans will try to skewer Clinton over something that their base most likely sees no problem with, unless in a "liberals are hypocrites" sort of way. Also who gives a poo poo if they do, Clinton should stay out of politics anyway.

• Locked thread