Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

You idiots just bought Kimoa sunglasses. But good headphones, that's just to far!

I guess my point is that headphones aren't holistically "good" just because they sound good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

1500quid about to make a gently caress headphones thread in gbs

Good idea.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
The Apple headphones don't fit in my ears for poo poo.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I plugged my headphones into my work laptop one day and it completely fried the hard drive and I got two days off of work free. Still use them to this day.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I plugged my headphones into my work laptop one day and it completely fried the hard drive and I got two days off of work free. Still use them to this day.

Surprise win

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Theophany posted:

The Apple headphones don't fit in my ears for poo poo.

Sup apple earbuds sliding right out of your ears buddy

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Eric Bana was awesome in black hawk down.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

iospace posted:

GET YOUR GANGTAGS HERE:

Tell me if you want it centered or not as well.

Yes please, and centered as well.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tony what earbuds your sister uses?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

iospace posted:

GET YOUR GANGTAGS HERE:

Ah yes please and not centered as well. That is amazing.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

track day bro! posted:

Nico Rosberg is poo poo because he's not a real German unlike our Vettel.

Neither was Hitler but... etc.. etc.. etc..

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN18Y297

Zak Brown apparently went straight to Reuters to confirm Honda will not deliver the upgraded engine to Canada with no timeline on when it will come and basically said McLaren is going to decide whether to go with a customer engine in the next 90 days, saying under the current performance the money Honda is giving isn't enough to offset lost sponsors and FOM money. May as well rename Sauber to Spirit.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I like Zak Brown

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So I guess the thread title was prophetic then (though I think it was 1500 who inspired it).

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
McLaren 2018 WCC.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

In master stroke Zac Brown brings cosworth back to indy and f1.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

:allears:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

2018 McLaren TAG Porsche WDC Fernando Alonso. :cumpolice::siren:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mclaren Mercedes. Bring back Mika and Erja.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I look forward to McLaren becoming neo-Williams.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

Yes, because they did really well last time.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The real Cosworth is now MAHLE Powertrains fyi. The same one that Ferrari licenses all their ICE tech from ironically.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Eddie Jordan was right again.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mercedes-Benz is the most likely candidate but it would be neat to see a Ferrari powered McLaren.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Cosworth has an IndyCar engine that's ready and waiting for someone to badge. They also at least designed an F1 engine back in 2014.

gret posted:

Eddie Jordan was right again.

It is more than a bit odd that this report comes out so soon after he claimed Mercedes was returning to being an engine supplier.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is there any particular historical reason Renault has been averse to supplying McLaren?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Mclaren Mercedes. Bring back Mika and Erja.

They divorced years ago.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Is there any particular historical reason Renault has been averse to supplying McLaren?

I don't think Renault is averse to Supplying McLaren but in this case it would be one too many roosters in the henhouse.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
And what Zak really means is offsetting the cost of that which is irreplaceable: Fernando Alonso, peace be upon him.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also if I opt for a customer deal it's going to be with the best engine.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

McLaren-Mercedes is about as good as Alonso could realistically hope for in 2018, to be honest.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I kinda wonder if they've tried approaching Porsche. They've got a very competitive battery based hybrid turbocharged V engine in their LMP1 and if they could lisence the TJI and compression poo poo from MAHLE they wouldn't be that far off.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

iospace posted:

GET YOUR GANGTAGS HERE:

In for this - centered please.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
VAG isn't interested in F1 at the moment even if Porsche might be.

Man, what an intense couple of days. The piss tape is real, the Middle East is about to explode and McLaren may very well somehow pull off a mid-season engine supplier change out of desperation to score even a point.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

Wirth1000 posted:

Man, what an intense couple of days. The piss tape is real, the Middle East is about to explode and McLaren may very well somehow pull off a mid-season engine supplier change out of desperation to score even a point.

Wtf the piss tape is real?!?

Link to reputable news source please - very hard to google "piss tape" at work...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

I agree with this but VAG are shrewd opportunists when it comes to Motorsport and actively monitor F1. If they had an engine better than anybody else they'd enter.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota

1500quidporsche posted:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN18Y297

Zak Brown apparently went straight to Reuters to confirm Honda will not deliver the upgraded engine to Canada with no timeline on when it will come and basically said McLaren is going to decide whether to go with a customer engine in the next 90 days, saying under the current performance the money Honda is giving isn't enough to offset lost sponsors and FOM money. May as well rename Sauber to Spirit.

Everything about that interview makes sense (and I'm sure that Honda is just loving all the slagging off they're getting), but this turn of phrase is really bothering me: "A year in Formula One is an eternity. Three years is a decade."

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Aqualung posted:

Wtf the piss tape is real?!?

Link to reputable news source please - very hard to google "piss tape" at work...

Comeys prepared statement was posted by the senate intelligence committee and the piss tape is brought up pretty early on.

Also this is the F1 thread so let's keep it on topic. Do you guys think Max Mosley ever rented a hotel room used by Balestre and hired a bunch of hookers to piss on the bed while Max just looked on at a pocket watch of his Nazi dad and wondering if he would be proud of him before loving off to a Nazi orgy?

I'd like to think so.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I sincerely hope Comey walks in tomorrow, slaps a Betamax onto the table and then walks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I sincerely hope Comey walks in tomorrow, slaps an HD-DVD onto the table and then walks out.

• Locked thread