Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

No mention of the APC peek on Border? Wondering if that one's a few steps outside too many to be considered spawn killing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

RIP my consulate KD ratio. You went too soon, window runout spawn peek. Our time was short but filled with salt.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
Hard, your let the fine art folks know they are getting the Operation Health logo wrong:

tl;dr The whole snake-staff thing should be one snake for medical things. It's a common error.

Correct: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius (medicine)

Wrong: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus (gamblers, liars, thieves, INSERT JOKE HERE)

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Fayk posted:

Hard, your let the fine art folks know they are getting the Operation Health logo wrong:

tl;dr The whole snake-staff thing should be one snake for medical things. It's a common error.

Correct: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius (medicine)

Wrong: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus (gamblers, liars, thieves, INSERT JOKE HERE)

AH! I wonder if someone brought it up over here. Now, how to do so without having someone lynched.

but seriously https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_Corps_(United_States_Army)

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

No mention of the APC peek on Border? Wondering if that one's a few steps outside too many to be considered spawn killing.

You're talking about above the APC / bus where you go out from the small office?

If thats the case there's a difference between staying inside with cover and good angles VS having to go outside and exposing yourself when any decent player is expecting you.

Also i'm pretty sure on the TTS you get exposed as soon as you step outside so theres that.

We always say ''get peeked'' when spawning as attacker. Serves as a reminder i guess.

Hard fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 6, 2017

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Yeah, that's what's thought to have largely popularized the mistake.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Fayk posted:

Yeah, that's what's thought to have largely popularized the mistake.

'Murica does not make mistakes son. :fsmug:

e: tbf that wiki page mention that they took the symbol from the Greek caduceus so theres probably a patriotic meaning in there somewhere.

Hard fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 6, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard posted:

Also i'm pretty sure on the TTS you get exposed as soon as you step outside so theres that.

Hard, kiss me.

EDIT: Hard, fix your game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45EoeuyqeC4&t=60s

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 6, 2017

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
I'm liking this action complete box that's up in the corner at all times now after the update.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Requires delicate positioning, can't do it during prep phase, big exposed icon for everyone to see. Guy saying ''they're gonna come running''.

I'm not saying this should never get fixed but man does Copper life sounds great.

Thief posted:

e: @hard how long till we get an operator that trips other players or makes them slip on tactical marbles? just make them have a custom animation where the legs go over their head and do the revive animation on their own lol

This sounds great!

Hard fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 7, 2017

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
spawn killing will always be a problem for those attackers that get mad when they hold W and get shot running straight to the front door

e: @hard how long till we get an operator that trips other players or makes them slip on tactical marbles? just make them have a custom animation where the legs go over their head and do the revive animation on their own lol

Thief fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 7, 2017

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I clicked find game and it didnt take 20 minutes to find a match :monocle:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
SWAT 4 sale on GoG!

https://www.gog.com/game/swat_4_gold_edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w25JFcYNpD8

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I clicked find game and it didnt take 20 minutes to find a match :monocle:

I've been in queue for 25 minutes so far.

EDIT: Hard, I have a second complaint. "Poop" isn't allowed in a name but "Anal" is. I will not stand for this.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 7, 2017

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Is "one step matchmaking" code for "put people in a in progress match every single loving time"? Because that's what's happening to me like seven times in a row now.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is there a sound pack of all the operator voices? I want to hear more of the recruit moaning.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:siren: KOREAN OPERATOR DETAILS LEAKED!!1 :siren:

Codename: "Daesu"
Position: Defender
Special Ability: Activates a push-to-talk that connects directly to OPFOR headsets at maximum volume so that they may whisper sweet salty nothings directly into their ears with an option to choose either the left or right speaker exclusively. Cannot be silenced or blocked unless affected by Thatcher's EMP grenade.

Codename: "Bulkkoch"
Position: Attacker
Special Ability: A 35mm grenade launcher firing explosive pellets that can be detonated from a distance but sometimes inexplicably fall off or don't even work.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

keyframe posted:

Is "one step matchmaking" code for "put people in a in progress match every single loving time"? Because that's what's happening to me like seven times in a row now.

Why are you solo-queueing?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Solo queue best queue.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Tried my hand at ranked again for the first time since I bought the game. 4 placement matches. Each of them I have a 2.0 kdr and still lose.

Just had a match where I finished 12/5 and still lost.

I'm going to hit copper IV again, just like when I bought the game and had 0 map knowledge.

:smithicide:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Deltasquid posted:

Tried my hand at ranked again for the first time since I bought the game. 4 placement matches. Each of them I have a 2.0 kdr and still lose.

Just had a match where I finished 12/5 and still lost.

I'm going to hit copper IV again, just like when I bought the game and had 0 map knowledge.

:smithicide:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
We ranked tanked this season and I accidentally won 1 out of my 10 matches and I was only Bronze IV. We made it to the bottom eventually though!

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

my kinda ape posted:

We ranked tanked this season and I accidentally won 1 out of my 10 matches and I was only Bronze IV. We made it to the bottom eventually though!

Copper IV is exquisite.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I placed bronze so I wont get a copper charm

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
lol we can't even get in a match now. Game can't have bugs if you can't play it!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Thief posted:

:siren: KOREAN OPERATOR DETAILS LEAKED!!1 :siren:

Codename: "Daesu"
Position: Defender
Special Ability: Activates a push-to-talk that connects directly to OPFOR headsets at maximum volume so that they may whisper sweet salty nothings directly into their ears with an option to choose either the left or right speaker exclusively. Cannot be silenced or blocked unless affected by Thatcher's EMP grenade.

Codename: "Bulkkoch"
Position: Attacker
Special Ability: A 35mm grenade launcher firing explosive pellets that can be detonated from a distance but sometimes inexplicably fall off or don't even work.

Is that second one pronounced "bullcock" ? :)

I guess that's :thejoke: here

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

I'm not even solo-queuing. I played with 2 friends and they both got a respectable kdr around 1:1, except in the ONE match where we had a good pubbie on our team, where my friends totally dropped the ball.

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 8, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/vIsqgWB.gifv

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Trippy

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It's the same thing like old rubberbanding through barricades, just with kills.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Is that second one pronounced "bullcock" ? :)

I guess that's :thejoke: here

tbqhiirc i just typed "Hibana" into a :japan: -> :kimchi: translator while phone-posting at work

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwBKvk84i70

i got greedy and just ran straight at the last guy :(

disclaimer: i don't remember what the gently caress the topic of conversation was.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Thief posted:

tbqhiirc i just typed "Hibana" into a :japan: -> :kimchi: translator while phone-posting at work

bool-gohd is sorta how it's pronounced. The ㅊ "ch" at the end of a syllable block becomes an unasperated t sound.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

automaticswim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwBKvk84i70

i got greedy and just ran straight at the last guy :(

disclaimer: i don't remember what the gently caress the topic of conversation was.

So this is what happens when you rank tank and play against legit coppers. (It was beautiful)

Deltasquid posted:

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

Yeah but didn't Jean-Paul Sartre ultimately explained that the individuals surrounding him were just a reflection of himself. ;)

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Hard posted:

Yeah but didn't Jean-Paul Sartre ultimately explained that the individuals surrounding him were just a reflection of himself. ;)

:negative:

I'll see if I can bolster all of my energy into a carry or two tonight. If not, I will gaze unto the Copper IV abyss once again.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

excuse me, is this canon?

i thought Doc's real name was Gustave Kateb :confused:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
e: fiiiiiiine

content:
https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/872841956984016896

Hard fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 8, 2017

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
No, Hard, don't tell him!

Jean-Paul Sartre is Doc's real name, and also, there is a tie-in play and some books written from his perspective.

Rook's name is Albert Camus, though you may find the tie-in novel The Stranger rather distasteful.

EDIT: I got a single win, finally. Every other match a loss once more.

2 more placement matches and I'll see from which low, low rung I'll have to drag myself up.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 8, 2017

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Tim CLAMPy's seej: ACTION COMPLETED

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Tim CLAMPy's seej: ACTION COMPLETED

Please make all operators look like boys from a CLAMP anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

On defense, I've really come to appreciate the GIGN shotgun and revolver.

• Locked thread