Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Renoistic posted:

Help me out here thread!

I'm answering the in-game FFXV survey. I'm choosing between two points:

1. Lunafreya's activities. Because if any character needs more development it's her.
2. The World of Ruin: Because being stuck at the gas station was a bummer.

They added a survey!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm still kind of miffed how FF XV just fell apart in the last half.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

They added a survey!?

With the latest update.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Dissidia NT looks real good. Hopefully they can add Noctis as a playable character.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Renoistic posted:

With the latest update.

Do you take the survey in-game? Like, is Noctis trying to write down answers while his bros give him suggestions and encouragement?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Do you take the survey in-game? Like, is Noctis trying to write down answers while his bros give him suggestions and encouragement?

that would have made it so much better

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Mega64 posted:

No, unfortunately. It's an option in the main menu. And it's just a single question, which seems like a missed opportunity.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A missed opportunity in Final Fantasy 15???

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Luna is unsalvageable as is and adding a bit after the fact won't make her any less butchered. I'd play her section if it got implemented but to make her anything other than a trash character who is a total waste, she'd need to be the protagonist of FFXV-2 like Serah was. (Arguable in regards to how salvaged Serah was).

The World of Ruin would be neat but it's not that interesting if you can't visit most of the major points of the world to see what's up, and if that's just a model of it looking hosed up by monsters, meh. I can use my imagination to picture what the chocobo post looks like if it's hosed up by monsters.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I want to ride the black chocobo you rescue.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Just make the fonts bigger!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Kelp Me! posted:

Only if his super is called Inferiority Complex

DIssidia doesn't have supers, you mean EX Mode? Or EX Burst? Or HP Attacks?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
NT doesn't have the same EX style stuff, its more like cool down abilities.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Makes sense since that UI is straight out of an MMO

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
And that's why I guess the things on the lower left corner are blinking like crazy, they are letting you know through the noisy messy loud godawful user interface that your skills are ready

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm not sure what the UI stuff is all about. The game's been out in arcades for ages, and even before that, we knew it was a Gundam Versus type game but with six players instead of four.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sevjhy7nlRg

If anything, it's cleaner than you'd expect given its competitors.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's the list of playable characters in Arcade Dissidia so far?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Luna is unsalvageable as is and adding a bit after the fact won't make her any less butchered. I'd play her section if it got implemented but to make her anything other than a trash character who is a total waste, she'd need to be the protagonist of FFXV-2 like Serah was. (Arguable in regards to how salvaged Serah was).

The World of Ruin would be neat but it's not that interesting if you can't visit most of the major points of the world to see what's up, and if that's just a model of it looking hosed up by monsters, meh. I can use my imagination to picture what the chocobo post looks like if it's hosed up by monsters.

Serah's defining character trait was "makes stupid decisions and is Lightning's sister" and in that sense she played her role perfectly

I'd rather have more explanation of Ardyn, maybe a DLC where you play as him before / during his fall

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Make the car a fifth playable character who joins in on the banter.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

he only recites quotes from ff legend 3

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mega64 posted:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

seiferguy posted:

Dissidia NT looks real good. Hopefully they can add Noctis as a playable character.

You should read the blurb that came with the trailer.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Electric Phantasm posted:

What's the list of playable characters in Arcade Dissidia so far?
WoL, Garland, Firion, Onion, Cecil, Kain, Bartz, Exdeath, Terra, Kefka, Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, Zidane, Kujie-coo, Tidus, Shantotto, Vaan, Lightning, Y'shtola, Ramza, Ace.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm getting back to FFXV and while I am enjoying myself, I forgot how bad some of the QOL poo poo in this game is. Also whoever made the decision of having Magitek soldiers drop every five minutes needs to be fired and double for Iron Giants at night. Triple when they drop both of you like come on, man.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Has any of the bonus content stuff added since release been particularly good? I was pretty content to set FFXV on the shelf after it was done, but has the stuff they've added since been particularly good and worth replaying it to experience?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I'm getting back to FFXV and while I am enjoying myself, I forgot how bad some of the QOL poo poo in this game is. Also whoever made the decision of having Magitek soldiers drop every five minutes needs to be fired and double for Iron Giants at night. Triple when they drop both of you like come on, man.

you can just... keep going, unless you need something in whatever that area is for some reason

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Has any of the bonus content stuff added since release been particularly good? I was pretty content to set FFXV on the shelf after it was done, but has the stuff they've added since been particularly good and worth replaying it to experience?

The bonus chapter where you play as Gladio during chapter 13 was very short and didn't add all that much, but you can choose to play it from the main menu so there's no hassle K trying it. The Gladio DLC was pretty fun but a little shallow. If you're not a super fan I'd wait until all the DLC packs have been released. The moogle festival was really fun but has unfortunately ended.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Varance posted:

WoL, Garland, Firion, Onion, Cecil, Kain, Bartz, Exdeath, Terra, Kefka, Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, Zidane, Kujie-coo, Tidus, Shantotto, Vaan, Lightning, Y'shtola, Ramza, Ace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf9pbuoWGOg

:swoon: Ramza looks so gloriously femme. He has Shout and Throw Stone. This poor boy.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
http://i.imgur.com/QSzfsmA.gifv

Ok that's rad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

morallyobjected posted:

you can just... keep going, unless you need something in whatever that area is for some reason

I can't move the car at night when an Iron Giant stops me and the game will legit drop me out of the car whenever soldiers drop in front of me or even near me. It's loving obnoxious how often they show up too, like it's not a good mechanic at all and I had Majitek soldiers drop while doing the photoshoot at the bases while those already drop some on you to fight before you can even take the photos.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Dissidia NT Final Fantasy, featuring Kazama Kiryu from the Like a Dragon series.

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
New Zodiac Age trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ9tN_KcsO4

the uncompressed voices are so good

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Cephas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf9pbuoWGOg

:swoon: Ramza looks so gloriously femme. He has Shout and Throw Stone. This poor boy.

lol god this arrangement f#*ing sucks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds okay to me

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

kerwyn posted:

New Zodiac Age trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ9tN_KcsO4

the uncompressed voices are so good

You know what I love abnout Final Fantasy XII? It's

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Has there been any concrete info released about the giant 'contains every main game' limited quantity collection for ps4 that was rumored last year? Will it be real thing?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Has there been any concrete info released about the giant 'contains every main game' limited quantity collection for ps4 that was rumored last year? Will it be real thing?

If you don't hear about it at E3 this year you can assume it's probably not real.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I can't move the car at night when an Iron Giant stops me and the game will legit drop me out of the car whenever soldiers drop in front of me or even near me. It's loving obnoxious how often they show up too, like it's not a good mechanic at all and I had Majitek soldiers drop while doing the photoshoot at the bases while those already drop some on you to fight before you can even take the photos.

how far are you? eventually you get headlights that make it so that doesn't happen

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

This is a romhacking question, not sure if this is the place to ask it.

I'm playing around with modifying character portraits for FF5 advance. I noticed that there's three copies of Bartz's character portrait (and three palettes) that seem to be one 'normal' portrait, one monochrome, and one with inverted color.

Sort of like these portraits for a PSP FF4:

What's the deal with that? And whatever reason there might be for it, why not just use three separate palettes with the same image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Sax Solo posted:

This is a romhacking question, not sure if this is the place to ask it.

I'm playing around with modifying character portraits for FF5 advance. I noticed that there's three copies of Bartz's character portrait (and three palettes) that seem to be one 'normal' portrait, one monochrome, and one with inverted color.

Sort of like these portraits for a PSP FF4:

What's the deal with that? And whatever reason there might be for it, why not just use three separate palettes with the same image?

The inverted colors are used for dead characters.
The colorless ones are used for petrified characters.