Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

Which phone does Donnie like to use, I keep forgetting.

Also he has tiny hands, why the gently caress is he complaining.

He uses an old galaxy s3 or something, his aides use an iphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Did they edit the pic to make what's-his-name look worse/like Donnie?

Nope, that's really how Steve Buscemi looks. And that still is from ~8 years ago. So, yeah just do the math in your head to extrapolate how he looks now.

he's still the only one to make it out of Reservoir Dogs alive

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

There Bias Two posted:

That's a hosed up sentiment to share with people who were just attacked.

Can't imagine that being used against the U.S if we face further blowback from ISIS.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Full Circle posted:

He uses an old galaxy s3 or something, his aides use an iphone

I think they made him get an iphone because androids are just too insecure.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I can't believe CNN is looping the full, unedited, totally real pee tapes on their front page right now

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
I just wanted to point out a couple things here, since a bunch of people seem to be focusing on Comey indicating Trump isn't personally under investigation.

James Comey posted:

I discussed with the FBI’s leadership team whether I should be prepared to assure President-Elect Trump that we were not investigating him personally. That was true; we did not have an open counter-intelligence case on him.

It's worth noting here that there's kind of an implied "at that time" qualifier in this statement. Also note that Comey specifies only that there isn't an open counter-intelligence case. That very obviously is a hell of a loophole, since it leaves open possible financial crimes investigations that are probably happening and wouldn't be being conducted by the FBI.

Also:

James Comey posted:

(I did not tell the President that the FBI and the Department of Justice had been reluctant to make public statements that we did not have an open case on President Trump for a number of reasons, most importantly because it would create a duty to correct, should that change.)

Comey is definitely leaving open the possibility, here, that there might be in the future an open case on Trump. In fact I think he's very deliberately signaling that there are facts or circumstances that make him believe it's at least possible that the FBI would move in that direction as the investigation continues. He would not be particularly worried about having a duty to correct otherwise, I don't think. He can't come out and say what evidence might lead him in that direction, but he can certainly make it obvious that the possibility of a future open case is something he's considered.

James Comey is very careful with his words, but he is implying a good bit with them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the pee tape came out, the GOP would still do nothing to remove Trump from office. It's just for the LAWLS at this point.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I mean, I'm not a hundred percent true the pee tape is even evidence of a crime if I'm remembering it correctly. Not like the GOP finds watersports to be more disturbing than caring for the poor.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The pee tape itself anything other than funny.

If it was explicitly used as leverage by a foreign power on the other hand...

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I wonder how much the Trump Presidency will raise the bar for what makes a scandal? After this, will anything conventional be enough. Would Caligula be enough?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

evilweasel posted:

fortunately, someone will probably do that today, allowing a democratic senator to ask him if their interpretation is true and let him clarify no they're full of poo poo

I think there is kind of an angle here that is being overlooked. The FBI was investigating the Trump campaign, and the Trump organization, not Trump himself which while it may be an important distinction, it is also all together meaningless. The man has spent a lifetime obfuscating the distinction between his businesses and himself, so to Trump any investigation into his business dealings or whatever he would consider a personal investigation. If we follow the string here, he had a very small inner circle during the campaign, and basically everyone in the circle is implicated at this point. If he truly is involved with everything like he tries to appear to be, there is basically no way that he isn't involved with any possible collusion or coordination with the Russians. So if the FBI wasn't or isn't investigating Trump himself, the obvious question at this point is why not?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Looking good for my new band, Rosneft Nineteen and the Piss Tapes.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

mcmagic posted:

If the pee tape came out, the GOP would still do nothing to remove Trump from office. It's just for the LAWLS at this point.

The funny thing is that if the pee tape exists but isn't released, thats the problem. Once it is released, the Russians lose their leverage.

I think you were trying to be cynical and "nothing matters", but if the tape were released that really would be one less reason to impeach him.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, but it would greatly up the Democrats' chances of taking the House. Trump still probably wouldn't be removed from office, but that's not really the best-case scenario anyway.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chard posted:

I can't believe CNN is looping the full, unedited, totally real pee tapes on their front page right now

The yellow headline font is a bit much, though.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Yes, but there would be so many laughs, so many jokes. We'd have enough jokes to last us through a seven year laugh famine. We could export our jokes around the world and everyone would laugh and laugh and laugh. Every time our Piss President was mentioned, even the most stalwart reporters would giggle. We would be the greatest joke, so great. We would have the big leaguest jokes in the history of all of politics. I mean, we're already halfway there without the proof of pee.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Rigel posted:

The funny thing is that if the pee tape exists but isn't released, thats the problem. Once it is released, the Russians lose their leverage.

I think you were trying to be cynical and "nothing matters", but if the tape were released that really would be one less reason to impeach him.

The piss tape being real means the rest of the Steele dossier is also likely real. And there's plenty of reason to impeach there.

The piss tape is just lols at this point

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lmao Chris Christie on MSNBC right now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Majorian posted:

Yeah, but it would greatly up the Democrats' chances of taking the House. Trump still probably wouldn't be removed from office, but that's not really the best-case scenario anyway.

You really think so? There are much worse things publicly known about Trump than the pee tape. Like bragging about sexual assault and clear obstruction of justice.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Majorian posted:

I agree with this. The tough guy alpha male image is all Trump has left, and him on video engaging in weird sexual stuff with hookers will absolutely depress his base somewhat. No one knows how much, but it would tarnish his faked image and that's very important. If it were him engaged in "normal" behavior it wouldn't be as damaging.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Fintilgin posted:

Yeah, I assume they died shortly after leaving the hotel, or at the very latest a few days after Trump came down the escalator. :smith:

Oh no, here's how it really went down:

- Trump checks into hotel
- Trump is in his underpants doing whatever naughty thing with the pretty Russian hookers
- SPETSNAZ dressed in street clothes kick down the door
- Hooker brains and guts decorate the walls and Mr. Trump
- Trump is quickly ushered out of the room by FSB security servicemen, cleaned up, and told There There Tovarisch, These Things Happen Ha Ha, Not To Worry, Pozhaluysta!
- A few days later a couple of startlingly clear photos of himself semi naked, covered in hooker brains and blood are delivered to him

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
"He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia."

I mean, yaknow, Trump could have said the exact same line above, and just not have said "had not been involved with hookers in Russia", the other two are plausible, but just, throwing out there the line about hookers....I mean... :wtc:

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

remusclaw posted:

I wonder how much the Trump Presidency will raise the bar for what makes a scandal? After this, will anything conventional be enough. Would Caligula be enough?

Being a democrat

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

I just came to lurk a bit, and see a few pages of pee tape chat. Is that this thread just having a good time, or was something released that would strongly indicate that the tape is real?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dogwood Fleet posted:

We could export our jokes around the world and everyone would laugh and laugh and laugh.
We already tried that once this year, and he went and touched THE ORB like a dumbshit.

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes

tek79 posted:

I just came to lurk a bit, and see a few pages of pee tape chat. Is that this thread just having a good time, or was something released that would strongly indicate that the tape is real?

Oh it's real alright:

https://twitter.com/superdeluxe/status/819303786569052160

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

tek79 posted:

Trump started talking to Comey about "I never had no sex with no Russian hookers no sir! Of course everyone knows the Russians record everything you do when you're in Russia!" without being prompted :shrug:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

mcmagic posted:

You really think so? There are much worse things publicly known about Trump than the pee tape. Like bragging about sexual assault and clear obstruction of justice.

Did you make it to 2016 without learning there is lots of people that don't care that much about sexual assault?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/EliStokols/status/872549729221193729

We have our new GOP talking point

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Did you make it to 2016 without learning there is lots of people that don't care that much about sexual assault?

We never had it tested out in a Presidential campaign before...

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

tek79 posted:

Nothing new was released about pisstapes, goons are dumb.

ice cream snakes
Dec 8, 2008

Fraction Jackson posted:

Also note that Comey specifies only that there isn't an open counter-intelligence case. That very obviously is a hell of a loophole, since it leaves open possible financial crimes investigations that are probably happening and wouldn't be being conducted by the FBI.

Comey bringing up that there is a difference between counter-intelligence and criminal investigations felt to me like he was implying that Trump actually is the subject of a criminal investigation, otherwise why make the distinction? I know usually that he would give the "I can't comment on an ongoing investigation" answer, but since he's now a private citizen does that free him up to discuss it?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Everyone in NY obstructs justice, its just how we do business

Like, even if you believe him, you then have to assume that Trump and his staff are all such morons that they don't even know its a crime

But whats the old saying "ignorance is no excuse"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

We never had it tested out in a Presidential campaign before...

The vast majority of Republicans found insane reasons to twist themselves to not believe that he actually committed sexual assault.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Except Comey worked in Manhattan for years.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Imagine the conversations that must go on in a normal New York City locker room?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Anyone who thinks Trump will be impeached, please post a list of the 20+ Republican Senators that you think will convict him.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Just locker room talk

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

The vast majority of Republicans found insane reasons to twist themselves to not believe that he actually committed sexual assault.
the vast majority of republicans vote to defend 13 year old girls being forced to marry their rapists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

It's just locker room obstruction you snowflakes!

Haha, way beaten

• Locked thread