Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Slugnoid posted:

but who made god???? :lsd:

Supergod, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Stoatbringer posted:

Supergod, obviously.

If 2005 was right: Chuck Norris.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
James Comey's prepared remarks to the Senate Intelligence Committee were released today. The comments section of Politico's article is full of IoSM. Most are your run-of-the-mill "This proves Trump is innocent, checkmate libtards! :smug:" but there are few gems!

Public posts so I didn't bother hiding the names.

SwitchbladeKult has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Jun 7, 2017

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Is this basically "this is good news… for John McCain!" all over again? It looks like Comey is saying that Trump ordered him to obstruct justice, not that Comey did it of his own volition.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

SwitchbladeKult posted:

James Comey's prepared remarks to the Senate Intelligence Committee were released today. The comments section of Politico's article is full of IoSM. Most are your run off the mill "This proves Trump is innocent, checkmate libtards! :smug:" but there are few gems!

Public posts so I didn't bother hiding the names.
This reminds me of some time ago when the question "If you put a crescent on a church does it turn the people inside Muslim" appeared in this thread. Some people have a real problem understanding that things are defined by their own qualities and that names and labels can be meaningless, incorrect, or even downright misleading.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Most are your run-of-the-mill "This proves Trump is innocent, checkmate libtards! :smug:"

6 months later dies of an infected tooth. "But her emails..." whispers with their last breath.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

British people are no longer allowed to make fun of American feet/cup/waggle system of measurement now that their shameful secret has been revealed to the world.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

CharlestheHammer posted:

Those issues kind of go hand in hand.

You need sovereignty to have immigration policies

And to stop that pesky European Court of Human Rights telling you you can't do bad stuff to people.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Decrepus posted:

British people are no longer allowed to make fun of American feet/cup/waggle system of measurement now that their shameful secret has been revealed to the world.

Hey, at least we got rid of our ridiculous measurements. Eventually.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Those issues kind of go hand in hand.

You need sovereignty to have immigration policies

Yes, but most immigration is not from the EU. Its from further abroad/post-imperial countries.

That and the fact that more Brits go abroad and live as "ex-pats" in Southern France/Spain.

Josef bugman has a new favorite as of 22:41 on Jun 7, 2017

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Desperado Bones posted:

6 months later dies of an infected tooth. "But her emails..." whispers with their last breath.

Yes, that comic was published today.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Josef bugman posted:

Yes, but most immigration is not from the EU. Its from further abroad/post-imperial countries.

That and the fact that more Brits go abroad and live as "ex-pats" in Southern France/Spain.

The problem here is we have evidence Brexit voters are kind of dumb. They think they are becoming puppets of Germany. It's the same problem as the UN for the US. They think they have a lot more power than they do.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

SwitchbladeKult posted:

branco@reagan.com

:eyepop:

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
You, too can pay a lot of money to have an @reagan.com email address

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

anchorpunch posted:

yes the noble savage sees through the white mans lies!
you idiot, he was clapping and liking it like the rest

He looks completely nauseated in the screenshot. I'm not enough of an idiot to actually watch a Theresa May video, but thank you for letting me know he's also a stupid, venal rear end in a top hat.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Gorilla Salad posted:

In handy graph form:

Yep, she used to the MP for the seat of Oxley.

Mostly, though, she's about making herself rich by being as racist and bigoted as possible. Because that's a valid way towards financial success now :(

How the gently caress do cash registers and point of sale systems handle that?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Lucid Nonsense posted:

How the gently caress do cash registers and point of sale systems handle that?

They don't any more, now it's just 100 pennies = 1 pound. But in the old days the tills used to be a lot bigger.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Isn't that the exact opposite of a nothingburger? :confused:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Josef bugman posted:

Yeah but Britain's been around way longer than the US. :colbert:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Rick_Hunter posted:

Isn't that the exact opposite of a nothingburger? :confused:

This is the same guy who thinks a "witch hunt" is when a bunch of witches go hunting

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Yeah but Britain's been around way longer than the US. :colbert:

Not that much longer! The Kingdom of Great Britain was only formed in 1707, making it entirely reasonable that a single person could have lived through the foundation of both Great Britain and the United States. And the UK's actually younger than the US by 20 years! :eng101:

Maybe you mean England, which, yeah, goes back a ways. ;)

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Besesoth posted:

Not that much longer! The Kingdom of Great Britain was only formed in 1707, making it entirely reasonable that a single person could have lived through the foundation of both Great Britain and the United States. And the UK's actually younger than the US by 20 years! :eng101:

Maybe you mean England, which, yeah, goes back a ways. ;)

They said "Britain", not "the Kingdom of Great Britain" :colbert:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Welp that was quick

He posted this image

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Data Graham posted:

This is the same guy who thinks a "witch hunt" is when a bunch of witches go hunting

I know, I'm just pointing out the trend of Branco not getting symbolism because he's a loving idiot.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

nerd plus rage posted:

I used to work in a call center that had to get the caller's email address to verify their identity. One guy's email was Patriot@Reagan.com :911:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

"Hey guys... we just made, in the year of our lord 2017, a loving BLACKFACE ADVERTISEMENT (video in https://www.facebook.com/TheRakyatPost/videos/1574314805920634/?hc_location=ufi ), and people are pissed, do you think we should apologise?"

"i got u fam"

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
"born cursed with black skin" like holy poo poo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

also significant: the Malay legend of Dayang Senandong has the king fall in love with the black lady despite her "skin conditions" because beauty is in the inside. the advert has the black lady turn white thanks to whitening creams

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Let me tell you 'bout the mark of cain.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hanales posted:

What do the color of the passports have to do with anything? Are U.K. Passports currently rainbow or something?

They say it's PINK which isn't manly I guess.

But they're red.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Volcott posted:

Let me tell you 'bout the mark of cain.

Unless you're talking about Mormons, in which case black skin is the curse of Ham. Black people were only allowed into the church (and therefore into heaven) in the 70s.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

nerd plus rage posted:

drat. ronnie reagan could have made a lot of money if he didn't get alzheimers, turn into a shivering lunatic and freeze to death after he forgot the concept of warmth.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Cythereal posted:

Unless you're talking about Mormons, in which case black skin is the curse of Ham. Black people were only allowed into the church (and therefore into heaven) in the 70s.

Wait, I thought it was the Jews that had a beef with ham.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Millennials are dumb! Liberals! Here eat these apricot seeds, and don't touch fidget spinners they have lead!

Hm wonder if we can get trump to promote apricot seeds

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

I was originally going to point out that it was probably more classist than racist - dark or tanned skin means you WORK in the SUN like some kind of filthy orang kampung - but googling about the cultural reasons lead me to this article about Indian Malays:

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2016/11/06/black-is-beautiful-really-ah/

Read the first and third comments - people aren't racist against darker skinned indians because of their skin - its because the women are perverted and the young men are lazy!

Bodoh di media sosial, indeed.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/872661171576467456

https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/872688066833649664

psutify
Oct 19, 2012

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I can see why they'd be against the Pants Crap police.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

There is no way that is real

*checks twitter*

https://twitter.com/Crescy_Star/status/857686526389612548

:allbuttons:

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Don't worry he doesn't crap in them...jesus christ why am I reading that thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

"First time in years"

YEARS