Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

tank ekko and tank fizz werent necessarily even fundamentally character design flaws tho, they're because of stupid itemization and cap stone bullshit. grasp and the cheap cost of tank items were the primary culprit, tweaking high base damages was how they solved it but not the core issue

Yeah I think I muddied it a bit by talking about issues brought upon by itemization. But I was trying to say, Ekko having a complex kit is fine so long as there are ways to play against it. AP Ekko shows a version of the champ where you can and is fine, Tank Ekko is a version where you couldn't really which is toxic. I don't think a complex kit in general is a bad thing.

It has nothing to do with Azir's problem though since his problems are inherent to his kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Speaking of balance changes, I thought the tank rework was supposed to buff tank kits (give them all a tank steroid and good tank scalings) so they could nerf tank items. But Volibear is unchanged, and the Locket is still allowed to exist in it's current form.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i wish you could still easily access your account creation date.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I have no idea of my exact account creation date but I have King Rammus and Judgment Kayle which puts something of a bound on things

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Just caused a remake because I obliterated a riven level 1 as olaf.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

JuniperCake posted:

Yeah I think I muddied it a bit by talking about issues brought upon by itemization. But I was trying to say, Ekko having a complex kit is fine so long as there are ways to play against it. AP Ekko shows a version of the champ where you can and is fine, Tank Ekko is a version where you couldn't really which is toxic. I don't think a complex kit in general is a bad thing.

It has nothing to do with Azir's problem though since his problems are inherent to his kit.
It's a mix between mobility creep where most new champions are getting more and more packed into their kit, then nerfing the older champions that had a lot packed into their kit. I think Riot's been intentionally nerfing champions that are really front-loaded from a year or two back then ignoring them for awhile. I think Azir is still set for a full remake because of how his kit works and it being like, nearly possible for him to be strong in meta without being completely overwhelming because of his utility, just look at Kalista or Kindred who are on the backburner right now because they really don't know what to do with them other than full reworks.

Ekko and Fizz are kind of tuned down right now but theres always going to be some kind of balance changes that make them super strong by total accident again and push them to the top. See: Thresh

golden bubble posted:

Speaking of balance changes, I thought the tank rework was supposed to buff tank kits (give them all a tank steroid and good tank scalings) so they could nerf tank items. But Volibear is unchanged, and the Locket is still allowed to exist in it's current form.
it was supposed to be an ADC scale remake but they didn't really do a whole lot tbh. Actually almost all of their "Large scale remakes" are pretty underwhelming because I think they don't want to ever have a situation where suddenly Graves is replacing Nidalee and Quinn is the best champion in all 5 positions for a couple patches

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jun 7, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JerryLee posted:

I have no idea of my exact account creation date but I have King Rammus and Judgment Kayle which puts something of a bound on things

Judgment Kayle is my Go-To when I want to lose with ostentatious style.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Methanar posted:

Just caused a remake because I obliterated a riven level 1 as olaf.

Is that even possible? Someone quits at like 45 seconds and you can remake after first blood?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

JuniperCake posted:

Yeah, I mean Rakan and Xayah are probably overtuned but they have weaknesses that you can exploit.

They were going to buff Rakan until they noticed windspeaker wasnt working correctly for him so now it's just gonna be the buff-via-bugfix at first.

I think Xayah is on track for nerfs which I think is premature, her winrate ranges from 49% in bronze to 52% in diamond and is 4th priority in LCK after Ashe/Varus/Cait.
There are certainly bigger culprits in terms of soloQ Adc strength, and she's not overbearing in pro-play either.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

RealFoxy posted:

It's a mix between mobility creep where most new champions are getting more and more packed into their kit, then nerfing the older champions that had a lot packed into their kit. I think Riot's been intentionally nerfing champions that are really front-loaded from a year or two back then ignoring them for awhile. I think Azir is still set for a full remake because of how his kit works and it being like, nearly possible for him to be strong in meta without being completely overwhelming because of his utility, just look at Kalista or Kindred who are on the backburner right now because they really don't know what to do with them other than full reworks.

Ekko and Fizz are kind of tuned down right now but theres always going to be some kind of balance changes that make them super strong by total accident again and push them to the top. See: Thresh
it was supposed to be an ADC scale remake but they didn't really do a whole lot tbh. Actually almost all of their "Large scale remakes" are pretty underwhelming because I think they don't want to ever have a situation where suddenly Graves is replacing Nidalee and Quinn is the best champion in all 5 positions for a couple patches

Yeah the issue with Azir is that he's an ADC with 100% critrate if you hit a dude with 2+ soldiers, extra burst on top, mobility, CC and the longest autoattack range in the game plus a tower, and he checks against MR so you cannot counteritemize against him AND his AD Carry which means you need to absolutely smoke one of them and finish quick to have a chance at winning the game. Azir will never work as a balanced pick for as long as he has the combination of 800 auto range and massive damage, because he completely bans entire classes (ADCs, juggernauts, anyone else who doesn't have blinks and dashes) from playing the game. If Azir had 600 attack range and he was required to be within auto range to command his soldiers he'd be a pretty fair pick because his advantages would be offset by absolutely massive risk, but he isn't and the range is core to his identity, so he's getting a rework.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Also, the funniest thing about it is that Azir is still less of a problem than Kalista. That garbage-rear end champion is not only unbalanceable due to having probably the strongest combination of steroid and mobility in the game, she's also lovely to play with because her R is totally disorienting. That R is such a completely failed experiment it's kind of unreal. It doesn't belong on that champion in the slightest.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought her gimmick of soulbonding adc was cool. idk what's with the hopping though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Teikanmi posted:

Is that even possible? Someone quits at like 45 seconds and you can remake after first blood?

Yep, if someone disconnects within the first 3 minutes you can do a remake. So you can get aced at level 1 and still get a remake.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Smurfing is fun. I can go Yi and Poppy mid and pretend I'm not playing league in 2017

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

When did they change remake rules to allow that? I was under the impression that these rules were still valid. I've had remake disabled when we got first-blooded when the d/ced teammate rejoined at like 2:50, but that was months and months ago.

Super Librarian fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 7, 2017

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Transient People posted:

Also, the funniest thing about it is that Azir is still less of a problem than Kalista. That garbage-rear end champion is not only unbalanceable due to having probably the strongest combination of steroid and mobility in the game, she's also lovely to play with because her R is totally disorienting. That R is such a completely failed experiment it's kind of unreal. It doesn't belong on that champion in the slightest.

Kalista still feels like 2 different ADC ideas that are at odds with each other mashed together. If you're the teamplay utility soulbond ADC you shouldn't have insane mobility/kiting that makes you self-sufficient, and vice versa. other than her ult the partner theme doesn't come through on her at all because of how loud and defining her passive is.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Kalista/Azir/Ekko are the trilogy of kits that just did about four times too many things and ended up complete jumbled messes because of it. What's strangest is that Bard was released right in the middle of them, and his design rules

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

Kalista/Azir/Ekko are the trilogy of kits that just did about four times too many things and ended up complete jumbled messes because of it. What's strangest is that Bard was released right in the middle of them, and his design rules

I don't know why Ekko always gets lumped in here, his kit isn't more complicated than e.g. Lee Sin or Elise who have been around forever. They could (and probably should) ditch the W execute passive but other than that all his abilities are pretty tightly focused around his 'predictive skirmisher' theme. I think he's a much better design than a lot of champs in this game.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
His kit isn't complicated, just bloated

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I remember when Kalista soulbound bonus damage was the best part of her kit and Braum and her could 2v2 any botlane at level 1.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Can anyone type some Jihn words? He looks neat.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rygar201 posted:

build crit, don't be one of those idiots who builds armor pen items it doesnt work anymore

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Rygar201 posted:

I thought he looked like a weird dumb edgelord with confusing abilities and then i actually played him and he's surprisingly intuitive and smooth to play. Just play some games. Essence Reaver build is best right now I think. His ult will be disorienting the first time you cast it if you haven't played him or recent Xerath before, it zooms you way the heck out.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Just get ie first. Reaver doesn't help you kill stuff faster. It's ie er rfc or ie rfc er/ga

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
kallista is great but people who play kallista are reliably loving useless when it comes to saving supports with her ult

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Venuz Patrol posted:

kallista is great but people who play kallista are reliably loving useless when it comes to saving supports with her ult

Wait aren't you supposed to massively extend your lane farming greedily, get collapsed on by 3 enemies, panic ult and give them 2 kills instead of 1?

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
My kalista pet peeve is when we get engaged on or jumped by an assassin or something and instead of letting me throw down exhaust and use my own kit I get sucked into my worthless adc and by the time I can pop out again someone has died and we've lost the fight.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Its a really cool sounding ult and it should be awesome, but the reality is its really disorientating to get pulled halfway across the map in an instant. Like you might be involved in a little skirmish then you're in a completely different situation, you have to parse a lot of new information and then make the right decision very quickly.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It's not the adc's job to save the support

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

henkman posted:

It's not the adc's job to save the support

Tell this to every support player titling their rear end off because my heal didn't singlehandedly save us after we lose a fight

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
if you're a true support, you act as if the adc doesn't have summoner spells actually.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

if you're a true support, you act as if the adc doesn't have summoner spells actually.

No expectations, no disappointments.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're not a true support unless you've kissed the Blarney Stone.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

one of the biggest draws to kalista is that her coconut gun can fire in spurts, and if she shoots ya -- its gonna hurt.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

pog boyfriend posted:

one of the biggest draws to kalista is that her coconut gun can fire in spurts, and if she shoots ya -- its gonna hurt.

https://my.mixtape.moe/wqcglm.webm

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Addamere posted:

You're not a true support unless you've kissed the Blarney Stone.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

pog boyfriend posted:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Meaningful discussion.

• Locked thread