Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Elfface posted:

The best bit was clearly the kick. Saitama just sliding along the ground, looking down at the beaten up guy he's now next to.

Combined with the monster ranting about the unimaginable difference in power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Great, can we now get back to Garou vs Watchdogman, please?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Elfface posted:

The best bit was clearly the kick. Saitama just sliding along the ground, looking down at the beaten up guy he's now next to.

'Huh I think I remember that guy.'

Sliiiiiiiide...

'Oh it's this guy, I remember this guy... Who's this monster dude again?'

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Perfect in every way, this one had me in stitches. This loving gag just doesn't get old. Worth the entire tournament arc.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Maybe there'll come a day when I get tired of Saitama no-selling every dramatic moment in the series, but it is not this day.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad this arc was here, it's had some cool fights, some excellent moments, and as always, perfect Saitama reactions.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
I'm glad Dr. Stench makes sure his rescue drones have the happiest faces.

yaaaaay!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
=>

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

violent sex idiot posted:

Dunno if you know this or not but its called one punch man because the guy wins fights in one punch. Hes really strong

Normally they're not off screen.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Mulva posted:

Long running antagonists are fairly antithetical to the entire concept.

RareAcumen posted:

Normally they're not off screen.

I think these 2 things are basically linked. We had our braggart villain who assumed that his newfound monster power would make him stronger than any human. It was important for Suiryu to see Saitama take him down, since that was the monster that beat him. Saitama beating the monster that beat the monster was just extra, I guess to show Suiryu just how strong people can be. It didn't need to be shown because it wasn't as important.

I'm glad we're getting more pages at a time these days. Dare I hope for a quicker, or at least more consistent, release schedule?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SpacePig posted:

I'm glad we're getting more pages at a time these days. Dare I hope for a quicker, or at least more consistent, release schedule?

Going to have to pick a page out of D&D's book to crush your dreams here.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
I wonder if ONE makes storyboards for these entirely new chapters. That's what the writer guy did in Bakuman so I imagine that's how most writers do it in the industry. Would be cool to see.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

owl milk posted:

I wonder if ONE makes storyboards for these entirely new chapters. That's what the writer guy did in Bakuman so I imagine that's how most writers do it in the industry. Would be cool to see.

He does. Murata shows them off on the stream sometimes. That's why they're delayed sometimes, because ONE sometimes withholds sending them to Murata for various reasons.

If you ask around on the 4chan OPM threads you'll get some examples. They're golden.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, they're really good and often Murata doesn't change from the storyboard at all because ONE's just that good at setting the scene.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Next update is on the 8th

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Where's Wanda?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Who do you think he's throwing the punch at?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

im the guy that couldnt wait a few seconds for the overlay to fade before screenshotting

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Crimson Chin actually sounds like it could be the name of a hero in the association. Probably a high B rank, maybe a low A.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

im the guy that couldnt wait a few seconds for the overlay to fade before screenshotting

you should be more patient next time

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
http://readms.net/r/onepunch_man/076/4325/1

drat it Puri Puri...I mean, where else could you keep it, but drat. Also, Saitama's feeling the existential angst again. I imagine he's going to encounter something that's going to reignite his mojo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
first page: amazing joke

second page: oh its this loving guy

my whiplash is palpable

e: some good saitama development this chapter though

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

annnnnd the worst character in OPM shows up again. hooray.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
There's a bad character in OPM???

edit: oh that guy

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Harsh criticism of Watergunman in this thread.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Mordaedil posted:

Right? I mean he isn't great but he survived!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mordaedil posted:

Random Ungrateful Citizen is the worst character.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, I love ONE, but yikes.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Man, I love ONE, but yikes.

:same:

most of the time ONE shows himself to be a very sensitive and empathetic writer, it's weird that he doesn't seem to get or care about how his portrayal of PPP scans.

I guess everyone has their blindspots.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Free Hugger is an amazing design

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr. Lobe posted:

:same:

most of the time ONE shows himself to be a very sensitive and empathetic writer, it's weird that he doesn't seem to get or care about how his portrayal of PPP scans.

I guess everyone has their blindspots.

This isn't unique to ONE, that attitude pretty common in Japan/Anime. I guess I'd call it Non-Hateful Ignorance?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Free Hugger is the best monster yet

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Good monster, good defeat, bad next joke

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah Free Hugs is like maybe the best joke in this whole manga and then ONE just completely heel turns and walks into a pole so we're back to neutral

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In prison you hide things in your butt.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

HenryEx posted:

There's a bad character in OPM???

edit: oh that guy

Yeaaap.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The phone in the butt made me laugh, sorry

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It was a good joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I like how it goes BZZZ and the next panel it's at his ear while he has a serious face. Good comedic timing