Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Brietbart was doing much better when it could just rail against the evils of Barack Hussein Obama

Six months ago, Breitbart was riding the wave of the election, plotting an international expansion to provide a platform to spread far-right, populist views in Europe. But today, Breitbart is facing traffic declines, advertiser blacklists, campaigns for marketers to steer clear and even a petition within Amazon for it to stop providing ad services.

There were just 26 brands appearing on Breitbart in May, down from a high of 242 in March, according to MediaRadar, which tracks ads on websites. Many conservative sites, including Townhall, The Blaze and National Review, have also had declines, although those declines are much less pronounced than Breitbart, according to MediaRadar.

:byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Brietbart was doing much better when it could just rail against the evils of Barack Hussein Obama

Six months ago, Breitbart was riding the wave of the election, plotting an international expansion to provide a platform to spread far-right, populist views in Europe. But today, Breitbart is facing traffic declines, advertiser blacklists, campaigns for marketers to steer clear and even a petition within Amazon for it to stop providing ad services.

There were just 26 brands appearing on Breitbart in May, down from a high of 242 in March, according to MediaRadar, which tracks ads on websites. Many conservative sites, including Townhall, The Blaze and National Review, have also had declines, although those declines are much less pronounced than Breitbart, according to MediaRadar.

this makes me happy
bet they'd give anything to have trump impeached and the rabid pack of MAGAs back on their site

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

:allears:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,
The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

- Ozymandias, by Percy Byshe Shelly

(thank you for mentioning this, as it means i'm not the only one who thought of the reference :monocle: :pipe:)

he was referencing the Ozyman character in watchmen, I believe
at least it's a better ref than voldemort

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

It's because the Russian botnets and sock puppets went away after the election. Seriously, their Disqus section was a nest of bad English and Putin apologia, and it's gone really quiet.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

Do we have a breakdown of ideologies in likely voters in this reported population?

every white person who got hooked on prescription opiods

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

its pretty hosed how obama has seemed to get away with that

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

it's just payback for the cia selling crack in cities

inverse reparations

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

inverse reparations

the cia didn't sell crack in our cities :rolleyes:

they just smuggled it in on government planes is all

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

and now it's about to get even worse

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Crocoswine posted:

and now it's about to get even worse

hey at least they won't be able to afford the prescriptions anymore

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the whole reason people are dying now is because street heroin is affordable and their prescriptions aren't
we're full accelerationist now

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

When I read that fentanyl is 50 times stronger than heroin my eyeballs almost popped out my head and rolled out the door.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

it kills more people than car accidents, thats insane

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Badger of Basra posted:

inverse reparations

god bless those racist doctors who prescribed narcotic painkillers to every white person in america, but forced the darker, more drug abusing populations to make due with extra strength tylenol

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

When I read that fentanyl is 50 times stronger than heroin my eyeballs almost popped out my head and rolled out the door.

carfentanil is actually an order of of ten stronger than fentanyl lol

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

thecluckmeme posted:

carfentanil is actually an order of of ten stronger than fentanyl lol

At that point, aren't you basically going to die if you ingest a single grain of the stuff?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

got any sevens posted:

he was referencing the Ozyman character in watchmen, I believe
at least it's a better ref than voldemort

um, i'm a 61, and soon to be 62 year old U.S. senator from South Carolina, so what would i possibly know, about comic books?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Volcott posted:

At that point, aren't you basically going to die if you ingest a single grain of the stuff?

Yeah. You have to wear a hazmat suit when working with it cause if it so much as touches your skin you can OD. Also ordering as much as you want from China is as easy as picking up the phone.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Volcott posted:

you can die just by trying to handle it. there's a story in one of the TCC threads about a dude from blue light or some place got some of it, processed it into a tincture, put that tincture into his fridge, while wearing an idiotic "hazmat suit" of extra layers and a bandana around his mouth. didn't take any of it, just processed it.

he ODed and spent 24 hours keeping himself alive through sheer will, forcing himself to manually breathe and fight to keep himself awake, he couldn't even move his muscles for like 8 hours out of it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Carfentanil was developed as an elephant tranquilizer, and it's so toxic that people are afraid it could be used as a chemical weapon. Yet it's still Schedule II and marijuana is Schedule I lmao

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

It's because the Russian botnets and sock puppets went away after the election. Seriously, their Disqus section was a nest of bad English and Putin apologia, and it's gone really quiet.

I guess they've refocused their efforts onto Trump's twitter page and like half the news articles I see on Facebook

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Relevant Tangent posted:

This has been the same case with conservative and pro-Trump Twitter accounts as well, and it was hilarious to watch their real-time meltdowns as, literally overnight, the flood of positive mentions and responses ended and instead they were heaped with scorn and abuse

From their point of view, the kind where you're dumb as hell and a sociopath and think the Russian hack ops are a pretend story, the Soros paid minions thing probably makes sense. Hell I actually wish the Dem billionaires cared enough to do something like that

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

thecluckmeme posted:

you can die just by trying to handle it. there's a story in one of the TCC threads about a dude from blue light or some place got some of it, processed it into a tincture, put that tincture into his fridge, while wearing an idiotic "hazmat suit" of extra layers and a bandana around his mouth. didn't take any of it, just processed it.

he ODed and spent 24 hours keeping himself alive through sheer will, forcing himself to manually breathe and fight to keep himself awake, he couldn't even move his muscles for like 8 hours out of it

there's also a story of a narc who got a bit of it on his shirt collar accidentally. not realizing what it was he brushed it off and immediately collapsed and had to be rushed to the ER

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
wow, russia's military has already used carfentanyl tactically. check the section on the hostage crisis, they killed over 100 people with it
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carfentanil

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

um, i'm a 61, and soon to be 62 year old U.S. senator from South Carolina, so what would i possibly know, about comic books?

https://youtu.be/GSM6ktmt7Xo

got any sevens has issued a correction as of 15:13 on Jun 7, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Carfentanil was developed as an elephant tranquilizer, and it's so toxic that people are afraid it could be used as a chemical weapon. Yet it's still Schedule II and marijuana is Schedule I lmao

its pretty cool that the schedule system, which was specifically designed to enforce white supremacy and suppress the left by arbitrarily valuing drugs as more or less criminal, is having the unintended consequence of killing thousands of white people

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Winning is the worst thing to happen to the right lol

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
In order to justify the Bush administration the American right had to become a literal death cult sometime around 2006. There's only so long you can try to control a death cult before it, you know, does what it says on the tin.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Bushiz posted:

In order to justify the Bush administration the American right had to become a literal death cult sometime around 2006. There's only so long you can try to control a death cult before it, you know, does what it says on the tin.

:killing:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Their traffic was blatantly inflated by bots and now advertisers are pulling out because their temporary contract expired. Check their historical alexa rank.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Drugs are scheduled by their propensity to make the black man go after white women

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Bushiz posted:

it's been a death cult at least since the 80's, when they permanently married the party to all of the Christian Evangelicals for easy votes, not realizing (or caring) that a core tenant of their religious philosophy is that world war 3 needs to happen so that the anti-Christ can be made manifest and trigger the Rapture.

not every Christian Evangelical is super hardcore about it, but it's basically all the Book of Revelation is about. it'd be a pretty gnarly basis for a dark souls-like video game if it wasn't the theology being actively used to cudgel the country into obeying their warped world view.

the other half is that they 100% believe that there's a literal HeavenTM waiting for them when they die, so having shortsighted and selfish politics here on earth is a big "whatever" because it won't affect them in HeavenTM :downs:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Freaking Crumbum posted:

it's been a death cult at least since the 80's, when they permanently married the party to all of the Christian Evangelicals for easy votes, not realizing (or caring) that a core tenant of their religious philosophy is that world war 3 needs to happen so that the anti-Christ can be made manifest and trigger the Rapture.

not every Christian Evangelical is super hardcore about it, but it's basically all the Book of Revelation is about. it'd be a pretty gnarly basis for a dark souls-like video game if it wasn't the theology being actively used to cudgel the country into obeying their warped world view.

the other half is that they 100% believe that there's a literal HeavenTM waiting for them when they die, so having shortsighted and selfish politics here on earth is a big "whatever" because it won't affect them in HeavenTM :downs:

evangelicals are by-and-large some of the worst ppl in america but the number that actually believe this stuff and vote based on it is a lot smaller than the number that identify as evangelical.

the issue that gets their vote is abortion, and that itself is a convenient shorthand for a broader opposition to feminism and modern gender roles/equality. islamophobia probably is a close second nowadays.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

This has been the same case with conservative and pro-Trump Twitter accounts as well, and it was hilarious to watch their real-time meltdowns as, literally overnight, the flood of positive mentions and responses ended and instead they were heaped with scorn and abuse

you cant just leave it at that, in the Post Trump voters realizing that they're going to die under Trump here thread, of all places

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Freaking Crumbum posted:

I think this was pointed out before, but you're referring to a very specific set of Evangelicals here and what you're referring to would best be described as Christian Dominionism, though it is worth pointing out that that is a mildly pejorative term as they're really a loosely connected web of various groups with overlapping beliefs.

To say that that all Evangelicals fall under this banner is incorrect. I'd wager that more of them fall under the feel-good Prosperity Gospel bullshit, which is all about how God gives believers what they want if they pray hard enough (gross oversimplification, but still).

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
They're on Obamacare, they voted for Trump, and they're already disappointed But they’re still voting Republican.

these people can't die fast enough

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

oh don't worry they will

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Mitch McConnell is doing the best he can as fast as he can.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
so i can find it later, but this is how i feel about trump voters

http://i.imgur.com/bYKrLMj.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

they won't learn a thing unless ahca passes and they suffer terribly