Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Main account went 1/11 but it was Marach's burst which looks like a budget Fujin bsb.

Alt account went 2/11 with Seifer's gloves and Squall's BSB2.

That account continues to be retardedly powerful.

Melee:
Squall BSB2 and OSB
Refia BSB
Minfilia BSB
Ramza Shout/USB
Gaffgarion BSB
Lion BSB
Kain BSB

Mage
Desch, Seymour, Alph, Krile BSBs, Vivi and Terra OSBs

Also OK BSB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
3/11, including an OSB!

.... 2x Edea SSB and my third Rinoa OSB :smith:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
God drat it imnconfusing Rapha and Marach again.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 7, 2017

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I got exdeath's stackable faithga. Since I have krile's sheepsong I now have a magic group for ffv. Too bad I have no damaging sb in that realm outside of krile's lovely not sheepsong ssb.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
1/11 Lenna USB. Nice but once again not worth using as the sole SB. It's a 6* holy boosting healer gear though so the cat will like wearing it. Actually makes a really strong no synergy duo with the Vanille USB 6* staff.

Not gonna lie, I would really like some butsts. Gotten two since the last fest and pulled on a dozen banners or so. I've literally gotten twice as many USBs and OSBs than BSBs.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

1/11 zell erhgeiz so crappy...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Apocalypse Twintania wasn't too bad - you just gotta pray to avoid the paralysis from Mind Blast so you have your debuffs up in time for Ultimate Gigaflare. It helps that I have three Summon BSBs so I could bypass his counters completely though.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

2/11 both dupes :thumbsup:

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Shouldn't have worried about the recent banners being excluded, I pulled vintage SSBs for Bartz and Greg. The only recent relic was Rapha's SSB, which is okay I guess.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

4/11 for History's Truth on Ramza, Phantom on Faris and a BSB and SSB for Agrias. No dupes and I already have Shout, Tailwind and Faris' BSB so this was an unbelievably good pull.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

So I got 2x Butz BSB from my dungeon LP, which is pretty great because I fully dived him (including 3/3ing Snowspell Strike) back in the day but haven't had a reason to use him lately given my luck on other banners. With this BSB though he can be pretty flexible so I'm excited to have him off the bench.

That's not the main reason why I'm posting though.

The main reason why I'm posting is:

:woop:

Did the half-price draw on all the nightmare banners and this was both the best pull of the bunch and probably my best overall pull of all time.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
1/11 Rafa's BSB. Yes. Yes. Yes!

Gonna tag team her with Cid Raines and Onion Knight for triple MAG boost mage trio.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"If you can mimic me you can surely win."

*cast meteor, causes party wipe*

gently caress you too Gogo.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Electric Phantasm posted:

"If you can mimic me you can surely win."

*cast meteor, causes party wipe*

gently caress you too Gogo.

punch him in his stupid face, the gimmick is that you're not supposed to listen to his gimmick

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

If you're struggling with the 120 difficulty fight it's because he'll throw overpowered moves at you any time you attack him with a move he hasn't done first. Wait for him to make the first move.

Until the mimic part is over, anyway. Then it's just a regular fight.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jun 7, 2017

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Really? Because he kept one shotting people every time I tried to let him do his mimic stuff. I finally beat him by bringing Vaan's BSB and firing first, and then his first move was casting haste, which gave me plenty of room to put up mitigation.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tenebrais posted:

If you're struggling with the 120 difficulty fight it's because he'll throw overpowered moves at you any time you attack him with a move he hasn't done first. Wait for him to make the first move.

Until the mimic part is over, anyway. Then it's just a regular fight.

It's the 180 fight thought it would be the same as 120.

Pretty funny gotcha gotta admit, helps that it only cost me 1 stamina.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Datamining indicates the next event is now XIII. The update's going to be very interesting tonight. Big chunk of the upcoming calendar could be out of whack.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Does Sky Grinder not have any air time? Everywhere I look, including the ability description and the pdf compilation, seems to suggest that it doesn't, but I want to make sure.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

Does Sky Grinder not have any air time? Everywhere I look, including the ability description and the pdf compilation, seems to suggest that it doesn't, but I want to make sure.

It does not.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
5/11 on DU lucky with 2 dupes (Genji Gloves, Genji Blade), Galuf's SSB jujitsu gi, Orlandeaux's BSB cloak, and Raijin's hammer that looks like a staff BSB

genji blade is now an 8* so thats nice

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
XIII? Didn't see that coming.

What does Lightning USB do? En-Lit with ST damage but what's EX-Flash and High Quick Cast 1?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Is there some kind of bug with sap and HP stock? I was fighting FFV Manticore and it hit everyone with sap just after I'd gotten a 2k HP stock from Hidden Bloom. Everyone then stood there with queued actions as the sap and HP stock ticks fought each other to a standstill. Cost me two damage medals!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

XIII? Didn't see that coming.

What does Lightning USB do? En-Lit with ST damage but what's EX-Flash and High Quick Cast 1?

Her EX Mode lasts 15 seconds and grants +30% ATK, and trigger High Quickcast 1 after dealing Lightning element damage.

For reference, High Quickcast 1 is the same cast speed bonus as TGCid Mode for 1 turn. So as long as you keep using Lightning attacks in the 15 second period, it'll be like using TGC OSB + En-Lightning, just slightly weaker on the first entry and shorter duration.

Also slightly overlooked is her sword boosts lightning damage in all realms, which makes for an amazing stat stick.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I'm having really bad luck with the Lucky Draws lately - out of the last 5, the only worthwhile thing I've gotten is TG Cid OSB, which I guess is fair because a lot of people would gladly trade 125 mythril for it but it's still upsetting to do 5 draws and only get dupes and useless SSB's besides.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

pichupal posted:

Her EX Mode lasts 15 seconds and grants +30% ATK, and trigger High Quickcast 1 after dealing Lightning element damage.

For reference, High Quickcast 1 is the same cast speed bonus as TGCid Mode for 1 turn. So as long as you keep using Lightning attacks in the 15 second period, it'll be like using TGC OSB + En-Lightning, just slightly weaker on the first entry and shorter duration.

Also slightly overlooked is her sword boosts lightning damage in all realms, which makes for an amazing stat stick.

Yeah I'm thinking I might RW that for Full Throttle to go with Kain BSB; with Garnet providing a triple-Imperil stack that should melt through his health pretty quickly. Not sure about the regular A+ though, I might be dependent on Wall there especially since I still lack Shout (well, a few more DU updates with Tactics in them to go...).

U++ Bart looks really nasty though. Current plan is Sazh/Raines/Noel/Jihl/Vanille. Sazh to debuff and Wrath to recast Boon, Raines for DPS by RWing Metamorphosis, Noel for Dispel and to do his Lifesiphon > Deathblow loop, Jihl for Breakdowns, and Vanille to heal. I'm pretty concerned about Apoptosis because of the Ultimate Dispel; if it Dispels the buffs from Raines RW (and from Memento Mori) I'll have to go pretty slow at first.

I'd like to be able to fit in Slowga and Affliction Break, but I just can't see it happening. I guess I might also need to finally hone Ultra Cure. But with my synergy being even worse than FFV here, chances are I might end up skipping this Cid's Mission too. My only BSB is Serah, and she can't really fit into the party (actually, I might use her over Raines if she can self-Faith herself).

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Got 1/11 on LD for Quistis' OSB. It could be better (with, say 2+ relics) but I can certainly make use out of a good ability that already comboes with Hail to the Queen. Even on elite dungeons there's not much setup necessary to hit 5 nines worth of damage on a boss.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Not looking forward to the ultimates on this event but at least I natively have all the tools to do it and can probably burst proud clad down with TG Cid and RWing lightning's usb since thunder god mode stacks with it from what I understand.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Party Boat posted:

Is there some kind of bug with sap and HP stock? I was fighting FFV Manticore and it hit everyone with sap just after I'd gotten a 2k HP stock from Hidden Bloom. Everyone then stood there with queued actions as the sap and HP stock ticks fought each other to a standstill. Cost me two damage medals!

Turn your speed down.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Quick question, is there any endgame content in the realm dungeons yet? Like if I get far enough could I fight kefka or have they not been released yet?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
2/11 on the DU lucky. Edea bsb and dupe sheepsong. The best magic ice bsb in the game is surely worth 25 mythril. Also I have a lot of whips now. 6* beast killer, fire lash, red scorpion and rydia bsb whip. Too kinky.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

g0lbez posted:

Quick question, is there any endgame content in the realm dungeons yet? Like if I get far enough could I fight kefka or have they not been released yet?

Barely any have come out even in the highest difficulty stuff. They are really holding off on it as long as they can. I think like a year ago people datamined the backgrounds from some of the final boss battles but I think we've only gotten a single one so far, and that's from FF1 with Chaos. It's not available in story mode yet. Next closest thing was maybe Jecht, though he's technically not the final boss. And I can't remember if he has a story dungeon yet or not(he is in the runup to the Omega Drive nightmare dungeon though). He had the funny "butt rock" music and everything too!!

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 7, 2017

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Whenever I see the name "Sky Grinder", I envision the dragoon leaping onto the enemy wielding a giant sandwich as a spear.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kawalimus posted:

Barely any have come out even in the highest difficulty stuff. They are really holding off on it as long as they can. I think like a year ago people datamined the backgrounds from some of the final boss battles but I think we've only gotten a single one so far, and that's from FF1 with Chaos. It's not available in story mode yet. Next closest thing was maybe Jecht, though he's technically not the final boss. And I can't remember if he has a story dungeon yet or not(he is in the runup to the Omega Drive nightmare dungeon though). He had the funny "butt rock" music and everything too!!

We've fought Emperor (FF2 final boss and bonus boss) in his release event, Jecht and Kuja are formalities (BFA is for all intents and purposes the final boss of X since the actual final boss is one you have to try to lose, Trance Kuja is the penultimate fight and leads directly into Necron), Caius Ballad could be a similar technicality (He's XIII-2's final boss, but not in that form).

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Uncle Ulty posted:

Whenever I see the name "Sky Grinder", I envision the dragoon leaping onto the enemy wielding a giant sandwich as a spear.

Glad I'm not the only one. Except in my case I mentally think of the attack as Sky Hoagie

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

KataraniSword posted:

We've fought Emperor (FF2 final boss and bonus boss) in his release event, Jecht and Kuja are formalities (BFA is for all intents and purposes the final boss of X since the actual final boss is one you have to try to lose, Trance Kuja is the penultimate fight and leads directly into Necron), Caius Ballad could be a similar technicality (He's XIII-2's final boss, but not in that form).

I didn't realize Emperor was the final boss. For some reason I kept thinking there was someone after.

Yu Yevon from X will probably be a proper fight in FFRK, so I consider it a real final boss for our purposes.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
1/11 but it was Fujin's burst. I guess I should make a mage party. Or do something with Fang' s imperil wind bsb...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
We haven't yet fought Emperor in his final boss form. We've fought him in the Cyclone, which is before Leon joins your party for the rest of the game, and we've fought his "Heavenly" form from the Soul of Rebirth bonus campaign.

We haven't fought that in FFRK.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Suzaku posted:

1/11 but it was Fujin's burst. I guess I should make a mage party. Or do something with Fang' s imperil wind bsb...

Congrats. This has been the single best BSB I've gotten for the difficult fights in the game. It's been extremely useful for almost all the d220 battles and most A+ fight so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Half stam dungeons yesss

Im only at like, 145 stamina so I should have like 300? mythril left to mine. Unfortunately, work tomorrow.

• Locked thread