Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While New Japan probably has too many belt all of them are over and it's good to have a secondary heavyweight belt for people to feud over.

And Dominion looks like a great show and i may stay up and watch it live instead of tape delay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

its a good division brent

I agree that it is a good division.

I am simply proposing that we pepper in some flips with our headbutts and chops, occasionally.

It's impressive that all of NJPW's billion titles have some purpose or prestige to them. The junior tag titles are the only ones that really get lost in the shuffle. I'm very curious to see how the US Title shakes out.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

just rust posted:

I agree that it is a good division.

I am simply proposing that we pepper in some flips with our headbutts and chops, occasionally.

It's impressive that all of NJPW's billion titles have some purpose or prestige to them. The junior tag titles are the only ones that really get lost in the shuffle. I'm very curious to see how the US Title shakes out.

I don't actually think they should kill any titles, but the only reason I singled out the JR Tag's is because the actual Tag titles need some help and injecting the junior guy's into that division would do it a lot of good. That said it would also probably just result in less guy's getting booked because there are less title matches to fill, so I would rather they didn't. Junior tag title matches are almost always better than the Heavyweight tag title matches, they just get short shifted in the placement on the card. They also end up being multi man's far too often. But again, too much talent to give time to is a great problem to have.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
When are they announcing the G1 lineup, Dominion?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

probably at intermission yeah

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

probably at intermission yeah

Any decent outsiders expected this year or are we stuck with two weeks worth of Cody Rhodes matches?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think there's some question as to whether Cody is still in it

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Just some back of napkin scribblings

Okada/Naito/Omega/Tana as the main four, SANADA/EVIL from LIJ, Goto/YOSHI-HASHI/Ishii/YTR from CHAOS, Fale/Tama Tonga/Tonga Roa/Cody (or like Adam Page if he's not in) from Bullet Club, Misu/ZSJ from Suzuki-gun, Elgin/Juice/Makabe/Nagata to round out the field?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

C. Everett Koop posted:

Any decent outsiders expected this year or are we stuck with two weeks worth of Cody Rhodes matches?

ADAM COLE BABY!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

ZSJ for sure. Maybe Kushida if he loses at Dominion (he won't). Would love to see Matt Riddle this year too. Otherwise, idk. Kento?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Venomous posted:

ZSJ for sure. Maybe Kushida if he loses at Dominion (he won't). Would love to see Matt Riddle this year too. Otherwise, idk. Kento?

I'm guessing that the country of Japan has preemptively banned Matt Riddle.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how quickly does NJPW World usually post pay per views on demand? I want to watch Dominion spoiler free but won't be able to watch Live. I was hoping to be able to watch it 12 pm EST time on Sunday, is that realistic?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah it will be up the same morning that it concludes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DK1105/status/871610653152342018

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how quickly does NJPW World usually post pay per views on demand? I want to watch Dominion spoiler free but won't be able to watch Live. I was hoping to be able to watch it 12 pm EST time on Sunday, is that realistic?

Basically immediately. I don't think there's much of a delay.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's so weird how we thought that NJPW were stupid for making Okada a champion when he debuted after being some random TNA jobber dork into a legitimate best wrestler of the last 20 years and then they somehow transitioned Naito from basically Roman Reigns poochie position into this super charasmatic rebel who's a legit top star now.

I think even Paul Heyman would be jealous of how good Jado and Gedo are at finding nobodies and turning them into stars. I'm starting to believe that Kushia is the best Jr Heavyweight since the KENTA/Marifuji era.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

I think even Paul Heyman would be jealous of how good Jado and Gedo are at finding nobodies and turning them into stars. I'm starting to believe that Kushia is the best Jr Heavyweight since the KENTA/Marifuji era.

I think everyone would be jealous of them for pulling the greatest carny move ever: Sending their planned next megastar to TNA on an excursion to ensure he has no interest in ever leaving for a US company.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I only saw a little of Watanabe in ROH but I seem to recall he wasn't anything particularly special and some people thought he was going to be largely forgotten when he returned to New Japan.

Then we got EVIL and the world became a brighter, better place :shobon:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I only saw a little of Watanabe in ROH but I seem to recall he wasn't anything particularly special and some people thought he was going to be largely forgotten when he returned to New Japan.

Then we got EVIL and the world became a DARKER, EVILER place :devil:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

It's so weird how we thought that NJPW were stupid for making Okada a champion when he debuted after being some random TNA jobber dork into a legitimate best wrestler of the last 20 years

No, just no. He's had an extremely good run but there were a lot of extremely good wrestlers going in 1997.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I always knew Watanabe had a bit of wacky in him and boy was I right

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

I always knew Watanabe had a bit of wacky in him and boy was I right

It's all in the laser pointer

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

No, just no. He's had an extremely good run but there were a lot of extremely good wrestlers going in 1997.

aye but Okada's the best wrestler in the world right now, maybe second to AJ Styles at a push, so they have a lot more going for them rn than, say, Misawa did back then

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Venomous posted:

aye but Okada's the best wrestler in the world right now, maybe second to AJ Styles at a push, so they have a lot more going for them rn than, say, Misawa did back then

You could argue Misawa was on the decline in 97, but most would argue that Kobashi was BITW at that time and he had a decade of top tier work ahead of him, plus drawing some huge business. Then there's Michaels who was active at that time, Benoit who had a decade left before child murder, Angle yet to debut, etc.

Okada having more of a claim than any of those guys is suspect, but he has a contemporary in Tanahashi who is nearly as good as he is now and has a long track record behind him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I love Okada but I think if a person is under the impression he's the best of the last 20 years, you need to watch more Kenta Kobashi and Bryan Danielson. I know he doesn't officially have any 5 star matches, Meltz is loving wrong, the fight without honor with Morishima is a 5 star match, and so is the unification match with Nigel.

Kawada needs to be considered, also. Dude had a LOT of 5 star matches, 2 in '97 alone, 18 total (!), and 3 in the time period we discussed. While carrying an AJPW roster that was a lot less talented than NJPW currently is.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 7, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I said "A legitimate best of the last 20 years" as in, one of the best of the last 20 years. Not THE best of the last 20 years

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

I said "A legitimate best of the last 20 years" as in, one of the best of the last 20 years. Not THE best of the last 20 years

Well, obviously.

No one can touch Big Daddy Yum Yum's crown.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Even then hes' not even top 10. He's stacking up against Kobashi, Misawa, Kawada, Tanahashi, HBK, Angle, Mysterio, Benoit, Hijo Del Santo, Negro Casas, Danielson and some big match wrestlers like Cena and Atlantis who deserve consideration. I mean if we're putting Okada in this list we need to put AJ Styles above him as his recent track record is nearly as good and he has a much longer overall track record.

By 2020 he'll definitely be in consideration.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I thought the Morishima/Danielson match at Manhattan Mayhem II was
five stars?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Captain Magic posted:

I thought the Morishima/Danielson match at Manhattan Mayhem II was
five stars?

The following Danielson matches are five stars:

vs KENTA
vs Morishima (Manhattan Mayhem)
vs Morishima (Final Battle 2008)

This is official I have ranked them.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You have to sometimes wonder if Nagata/Tenzan would of been in conversation for that list if Inokism didn't ruin the first half of their careers *sigh*

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Reminder that Misawa was still turning in A+ main events right up until his death. Okada is on that track but not there just yet. We will see how he fares as the injuries start to limit his mobility.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Reminder that Misawa was still turning in A+ main events right up until his death. Okada is on that track but not there just yet. We will see how he fares as the injuries start to limit his mobility.

Misawa was not having very many good matches after 2003. He was extremely limited by the end, the KENTA match he had in ROH was almost a miracle.

Okada has had 5 excellent years. He's on track to be an all time great in ring wrestler. However if we looked at Samoa Joe in 2007 you'd think the same thing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Misawa was not having very many good matches after 2003. He was extremely limited by the end, the KENTA match he had in ROH was almost a miracle.

Okada has had 5 excellent years. He's on track to be an all time great in ring wrestler. However if we looked at Samoa Joe in 2007 you'd think the same thing.
come on now, joe had those triple threats with aj styles and christopher daniels, and he had

more triple threats with aj styles and christopher daniels

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

cams posted:

come on now, joe had those triple threats with aj styles and christopher daniels, and he had

more triple threats with aj styles and christopher daniels

Joe vs Punk, Joe vs Punk, Joe vs Punk, Joe vs Kobashi, Joe vs Danielson (maybe his second best title defense) Joe vs Low Ki, Joe vs Jay Briscoe, Joe vs KENTA vs Danielson, Joe vs Necro, Joe vs Morishima, Joe vs Angle, Joe vs Aries, Joe vs Homicide and on and on and on.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i meant after 2007

i think a few of those last ones were still after that though

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Just some back of napkin scribblings

Okada/Naito/Omega/Tana as the main four, SANADA/EVIL from LIJ, Goto/YOSHI-HASHI/Ishii/YTR from CHAOS, Fale/Tama Tonga/Tonga Roa/Cody (or like Adam Page if he's not in) from Bullet Club, Misu/ZSJ from Suzuki-gun, Elgin/Juice/Makabe/Nagata to round out the field?

Kojima could be in there too. And I'm holding out hope for Tiger Mask W, since he's still showing up here and there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

cams posted:

i meant after 2007

i think a few of those last ones were still after that though

It took me a minute to remember all the great Joe matches so someone saying "he was always bad" seemed more likely than a sarcastic "he was still good after he died on stairs vs Sting!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Dave:

Honma's continuing to improve, can lightly jog now but still needs help with hand coordination (stuff like brushing teeth and pouring water)
Shibata's in good spirits and there's talk of the company keeping him as a fulltime coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also KUSHIDA/Ospreay got 5 stars

• Locked thread