Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

AmiYumi posted:

I remember someone bringing up 15-20 pages ago "prepare for some bullshit from Clinton's book about slaves as the distraction du jour"; guess what is now popping up all over my Facebook? Interestingly not from anyone voting (R)*, but from my politically-dumbest, Jill Stein aficionado, "the Russia investigations are just a distraction", horseshoe-theory proving Leftist friends. The ones perpetually looking for an excuse to stay home and be holier-than-thou.

Kill me.

*whoever said it wouldn't catch on because they'd see it as neutral-to-positive, you get a cookie
racsexism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Mulva posted:

Nah, Trump wouldn't even be the first moronic rapist we've had in office. We just didn't real have press that gave a poo poo about covering things like that in ye olden days.

Dunno about the moronic part.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

AmiYumi posted:

I remember someone bringing up 15-20 pages ago "prepare for some bullshit from Clinton's book about slaves as the distraction du jour"; guess what is now popping up all over my Facebook? Interestingly not from anyone voting (R)*, but from my politically-dumbest, Jill Stein aficionado, "the Russia investigations are just a distraction", horseshoe-theory proving Leftist friends. The ones perpetually looking for an excuse to stay home and be holier-than-thou.

Kill me.

*whoever said it wouldn't catch on because they'd see it as neutral-to-positive, you get a cookie

you should tell them exactly what they are and what they're doing, in their FB comments

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

When they finally nail Trump for being blackmailed and a puppet for Russia I look forward to the Republicans in Congress investigating Hillary Clinton for knowing about it during the debate.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Paul Ryan on MSNBC/Greta Van Susterenrnernern

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

that's a cute dog but seeing a G line platform triggers me

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ekster posted:

Dunno about the moronic part.

Clinton is smarter than anyone posting ITT I'm pretty sure. Also he didn't rape anyone but that meme seems to have penetrated the left pretty well by now

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Clinton is smarter than anyone posting ITT I'm pretty sure. Also he didn't rape anyone but that meme seems to have penetrated the left pretty well by now

The rate at which the far left accepts, adopts and then propagates far right propaganda is hilarious.

The Horseshoe is real.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I was thinking more Kennedy personally.

Evil Trout
Nov 16, 2004

The evilest trout of them all
Has anyone kept up with Louise Mensch? I remember weeks ago she was saying the President has already been indicted. I know it's a load of BS but I am curious if she is still spinning that web or if she's just casually moved on to some other attention grabber.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Xae posted:

The rate at which the far left accepts, adopts and then propagates far right propaganda is hilarious.

The Horseshoe is real.

I was fairly sure he had lat least one sexual assault accuser and I'm willing to assume any white man in power accused of sexual assault is guilty because they usually are.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Ekster posted:

Trump is going to do live commentary via his twitter of his Watergate speedrun.

Streaming on Twitch. You gotta be a Patreon supporter to watch though.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Xae posted:

The Horseshoe is real.

The far right pushes anything that demonizes democrats and praises republicans. The far left pushes anything that demonizes america and praises our geopolitical foes. These days Russia is both of those.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

This reminds me of the time I had to rescue a cat from my friend's apartment during Hurricane sandy (I was cat sitting and we were worried the storm would cut me off from getting there). Only I bet this person had an easier time getting the dog into that bag.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ekster posted:

I was thinking more Kennedy personally.

yeah you could probably make a stronger case there, but I think he was still smarter than Trump even after losing part of his brainstem to a bullet

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Read the whole Comey statement and holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo tomorrow gonna be good.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

.......you people do know that the United States didn't start after WWII, right? There is an entire rich history of tremendous gently caress up Presidents from before that time, right? Like even more venal and corrupt than Trump, arguably even more stupid, and waaaay down for some creepy shenanigans that shouldn't be surprising from a time when women didn't have the right to vote or, you know, not be raped.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Millard Fillmore was a terrible human being.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Mulva posted:

.......you people do know that the United States didn't start after WWII, right? There is an entire rich history of tremendous gently caress up Presidents from before that time, right? Like even more venal and corrupt than Trump, arguably even more stupid, and waaaay down for some creepy shenanigans that shouldn't be surprising from a time when women didn't have the right to vote or, you know, not be raped.

Presidents Harrison through Buchanan were all pretty worthless, though at this rate Trump will be lucky if he ranks above Pierce

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

WeAreTheRomans posted:

yeah you could probably make a stronger case there, but I think he was still smarter than Trump even after losing part of his brainstem to a bullet

Yeah exactly.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Errrr.... Juanita Broaddick is at best a question mark.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

theflyingorc posted:

quote:

"When everything was over with, he got up and straightened himself, and I was crying at the moment and he walks to the door, and calmly puts on his sunglasses. And before he goes out the door he says ‘You better get some ice on that.’ And he turned and went out the door.”
Either Bill Clinton is a supervillian or this didn't happen, there is no in-between.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Jerry Harding definitely raped someone

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

lol, I highly, highly doubt that.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

theflyingorc posted:

Juanita Broaddick

:heysexy:

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

AmiYumi posted:

Kill me.

This is, in fact, a bad thing. As she is not currently running for political office, I fail to see what your issue is.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

theflyingorc posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaa I don't really want to be backed into the lovely rhetorical corner of defending a potential rapist, so I won't. It's possible he raped her, sure, the allegation was made and should be taken seriously. But the fact is that nothing compelling was ever produced as evidence, and the leap from allegation to "well Clinton is a rapist so checkmate libtards :smugdog: " is just so vast.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
also, Thomas Jefferson

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

WeAreTheRomans posted:

you should tell them exactly what they are and what they're doing, in their FB comments
I did that before posting here, they threatened to increase the chemtrail output over my house, I felt good about my decision to block a bunch of them a while back and worse about my decision to leave the others.

Had it confirmed that my social media is being obsessively followed and screencapped by those same idiots, so that's fun.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

boner confessor posted:

also, Thomas Jefferson

I don't count the literal slave owners personally.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ekster posted:

I don't count the literal slave owners personally.

they were probably all rapists given how prevalent slave owners were with forcing their female slaves into sex acts but jefferson iirc is the only one that's confirmed

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Mulva posted:

Trump will have the dubious honor of being corrupt in service to a hostile foreign power which puts him in a league of his own w/r/t lovely presidents, IMO.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Noted truth-teller and non-bullshitter Donald John trump says he's vindicated, that wraps it up.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I don't know much about pre-WWII US presidents but they probably didn't make a habit of bragging about how they sexually assault women nor about how sexually attracted they are to their own daughter in public.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Mulva posted:

.......you people do know that the United States didn't start after WWII, right? There is an entire rich history of tremendous gently caress up Presidents from before that time, right? Like even more venal and corrupt than Trump, arguably even more stupid,
Maybe if we're counting Wilson after the stroke or Reagan after Alzheimer's. Maybe.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Ekster posted:

I don't know much about pre-WWII US presidents but they probably didn't make a habit of bragging about how they sexually assault women nor about how sexually attracted they are to their own daughter in public.

Quincy wrote about the joys of sex outdoors.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

JohnCompany posted:

The far right pushes anything that demonizes democrats and praises republicans. The far left pushes anything that demonizes america and praises our geopolitical foes. These days Russia is both of those.

Most of the posters in this forum could probably be considered "far left" by American standards

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

yeah in the last day or so the senate has gone from "no way we're doing this" to "i think we're doing this" and I don't like it one bit

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
What are the chances that Trump is under an investigation, but Comey would have maintained otherwise?

Also I started to re-watch The Thick of It. It is really cathartic right now and we are blessed that there is no Malcom Tucker running around to do damage control on the WH's endless fuckups. Even if you've seen it before, I recommend it. it has matured very well in light of our daily circus of political insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

apokaladle posted:

This is, in fact, a bad thing. As she is not currently running for political office, I fail to see what your issue is.

I mean, I feel like there is a broader point to be made about the continued exploitation of prisoners than just screaming "Hillary owned slaves." Like, maybe we should consider that these practices (and far, far worse) are still going on? And that the current administration is increasing this poo poo?

Or we can just poo poo on Hillary for not ending the program as first lady of Arkansas

• Locked thread