Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I once got a burger and there was a washer on the plate. It was obvious that it must have just fallen onto it from a pocket or something. I just noted to the waiter to make sure it wasn't actually a part of something. My ex-wife got angry at me that I didn't make a bigger deal out of it and should have gotten my meal for free. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How does a washer fall on a plate in the first place? Isn't that the part under the screw and bolt?

What happened to the screw and bolt?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Did the site font get smaller for everyone else or just me?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

How does the radio have the uncanny ability to play a song I really like as soon as I'm pulling into my destination?

The thing I wonder is why all the rock radio stations around me play Cumbersome by Seven Mary Three so much. Like where is the demand for that song even coming from?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

How does a washer fall on a plate in the first place? Isn't that the part under the screw and bolt?

What happened to the screw and bolt?

It was obvious it must have fallen on the plate right before it was picked up because it was completely clean and looked brand new. I chewed carefully, obviously.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

he spelled out "IT'S LATENTLY FEMINIST" in sprinkles I want a refund

Speaking of which, it's always lame when in a hetero couple the guy insists on paying for the food even though the gal already has a payment method ready before he has and actually just wants to get it over with quickly, such that whatever 'chivalry' there might be involved in the act is instantly evaporated by just how insensitive so many guys are to the very credibility of women paying for them - especially if, like, it's a measly five bucks for each of them getting one loving scoop of ice cream.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

K. Waste posted:

Speaking of which, it's always lame when in a hetero couple the guy insists on paying for the food even though the gal already has a payment method ready before he has and actually just wants to get it over with quickly, such that whatever 'chivalry' there might be involved in the act is instantly evaporated by just how insensitive so many guys are to the very credibility of women paying for them - especially if, like, it's a measly five bucks for each of them getting one loving scoop of ice cream.

I once had a guest's husband basically shout her down for trying to hand me her own credit card. "NO! I HAVE THIS!"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

therattle posted:

I am a strong believer in the waiter test: if someone is rude to waiters they are a bad person, even if they are nice to you. I occasionally complain about something, but always very politely. I don't se what's so hard about treating other people like humans. The other day I offered the street sweeper outside our house a drink because it was hot; he said it was the second time in four years that anyone had done that.

My wife and I went out to dinner with a friend of hers last night, and that friend ripped the waitress to loving shreds because she brought the wrong salad dressing out for her side salad. Full-blown three-minute rant about how she must be incompetent, did she even go to school, yadda yadda.

When we got home I told my wife that if she ever suggests that we go out with that person again, I'm moving out.

That was actually the friend who introduced us to each other thirteen years ago.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Timby posted:

My wife and I went out to dinner with a friend of hers last night, and that friend ripped the waitress to loving shreds because she brought the wrong salad dressing out for her side salad. Full-blown three-minute rant about how she must be incompetent, did she even go to school, yadda yadda.

When we got home I told my wife that if she ever suggests that we go out with that person again, I'm moving out.

That was actually the friend who introduced us to each other thirteen years ago.

Sometimes you gotta tell people they're the dumb rear end in a top hat not the person making 1.50/hr+tips.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I'm thankful to live in a state where the minimum wage for tipped employees is the same for non-tipped employees.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I once had a guest's husband basically shout her down for trying to hand me her own credit card. "NO! I HAVE THIS!"

It's even better when they just talk right loving past them and tell you explicitly, "Don't take her money." Like, I'm just supposed to follow your orders? I'm just supposed to know instinctively that what your girlfriend wants is out of the question?

What makes me feel even more pathetic about it is that I usually do end up taking the guy's payment method, either because it's more expedient to get them out the door and move onto other customers, or because the girlfriend finally gives up either out of exasperated indignity or because they're still young and naive enough to find that sort of possessive bullshit cute. Just last week was the first time I'd been in that situation and just straight out told the guy in the calmest way possible, "It's not a big deal." He wasn't upset or anything, he actually seemed rather pleased that I had actually sided with her, and me and her had a nice little exchange about the importance of feminism and the need for more allies. Gave me the feels.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
That's what got you fired

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Biodome posted:

That's what got you fired

What got him fired is doing it in a Yosemite Sam voice.

K. Waste posted:

It's even better when they just talk right loving past them and tell you explicitly, "Don't take her money." Like, I'm just supposed to follow your orders? I'm just supposed to know instinctively that what your girlfriend wants is out of the question?

What makes me feel even more pathetic about it is that I usually do end up taking the guy's payment method, either because it's more expedient to get them out the door and move onto other customers, or because the girlfriend finally gives up either out of exasperated indignity or because they're still young and naive enough to find that sort of possessive bullshit cute. Just last week was the first time I'd been in that situation and just straight out told the guy in the calmest way possible, "It's not a big deal." He wasn't upset or anything, he actually seemed rather pleased that I had actually sided with her, and me and her had a nice little exchange about the importance of feminism and the need for more allies. Gave me the feels.

My guests at least have the excuse of usually being elderly, though we do have an insufferable mid-30s nerd staying with us with his hassled Asian wife and he's constantly sniping at her. I think he's literally revolted by the idea of women having agency.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Ooooh I hates that patriarchy!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I for one, can't wait until my girlfriend starts working at a paying job so she can start paying for our meals.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

glam rock hamhock posted:

Ooooh I hates that patriarchy!

Nah, I woulda gone Hepburn for that: "oh, I just loathe the patriarchy! R'ally, I do!"

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Specifically a customer complained I had done a stereotypical Asian voice when speaking with one of my co-workers, so either my ringo Starr really needs work or these privileged princeton fucks are even dumber than I could have possibly imagined

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tenzarin posted:

This one time a pizza delivery kid kept messing up my pizza and I sent it back with him 2 times and yelled at him the second time. They sent another pizza driver and got it right. Then I heard about a suicide that weekend at the papa johns. That's my papa johns story.
Don't yell at people over loving food.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
We all know it's because a customer made a comment to a friend about Star Wars which triggered a five-minute rant from you about different philosophies regarding determinism and free will in the Empire compared to the rebels. It included the following words:
Diegesis
Ontologically
Agency
Parse
Comparatively
Syncretic
Pinguid
Actually
Opposite
Interpretation
True
Relatively
Moiety

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

We all know it's because a customer made a comment to a friend about Star Wars which triggered a five-minute rant from you about different philosophies regarding determinism and free will in the Empire compared to the rebels. It included the following words:
Diegesis
Ontologically
Agency
Parse
Comparatively
Syncretic
Pinguid
Actually
Opposite
Interpretation
True
Relatively
Moiety

While sounding like an Chinese or Viatnamese Ringo Starr.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

K. Waste posted:

Specifically a customer complained I had done a stereotypical Asian voice when speaking with one of my co-workers

Pro tip: Don't do this. If you're working a customer service job, talk like a normal person. Simple as that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He may not have. Sometimes voices kinda blend into each other. I'll try and do a New Zealand accent, and somehow it ends up into Borat territory. :psyduck:

Voice stuff is weird.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CelticPredator posted:

I'll try and do a New Zealand accent

Why the hell would you do this?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
He already admitted he was doing voices for characters of his play while he was at work. Can't be doing that on the clock.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
"hi can i get two scoops of chocolate"
"tallo ho! ow's'about a noice slapper 'o the fudgermaroonie on that o'l bean?"
"uh-"

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

He may not have. Sometimes voices kinda blend into each other. I'll try and do a New Zealand accent, and somehow it ends up into Borat territory. :psyduck:

Voice stuff is weird.

Kiwi accents are easy once you look up Ray Comfort. Or Flight of the Conchords, I guess, but I learned more from Comfort's dialect.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
1) Don't do funny voices in front of customers 2) Don't talk poo poo in front of customers in a foreign language. Especially if that language is Spanish and you're in California, no matter how white you think they are.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Having now caught up with all of Twin Peaks, I feel pretty confident in saying that Fire Walk with Me is the high-water mark of the entire franchise so far and second only to Eraserhead in Lynch's filmography. (IMHO)

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
At the time it all seemed so innocent. I was never rude to customers, I was just going out of my mind with boredom. The vast majority of people didn't even respond to it at all, they didn't care or notice - and the ones who did tended either to play along or seemed to actually be convinced that I really was that character and, like, asked me questions about where I was from and what my family was like. It was awesome.

The funny thing is that I didn't even do it particularly often. I was Ringo from Liverpool for the two hour tail end of my shift once, and I was Lester from Tennessee for, like, two days because it was easier. I was Llewyn for maybe an hour once, but I gave it up within two weeks 'cause the novelty wore off and, you know what, surprise surprise, acting is exhausting in itself.

But I guess even once is enough to provoke a misunderstanding. Lesson learned.

Good news: my big brother is visiting this weekend and so I'm finally gonna be getting some weed again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cfs-VKszS8

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CelticPredator posted:

Don't yell at people over loving food.

If you can't deliver a pizza, what can you even do?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Timby posted:

Why the hell would you do this?

Because I like voice acting?

And as for the Delivery thing, what did he grab the wrong order? Or was the pizza wrong? If the pizza was wrong, that isn't his fault. I've had people gently caress up orders I had to take and only found out later. I'd look at the pizza, and it looked right, but then I'd find out they used the wrong meat or sauce. Something not so easy to see when you have piles of cheese and such on it.

Plus, you gotta jet, because people get pissed if the order takes a while.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Because I like voice acting?

It'd be such a great job.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tenzarin posted:

If the a pizza delivery dude gives you the wrong pizza, eight times out of ten it's because he was handed the wrong box.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Learning a lot about y'all.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

If the a pizza delivery dude gives you the wrong pizza, eight times out of ten it's because he was handed the wrong box.

As a former pizza delivery driver I can confirm this.

Now if they forget your drinks that's on them

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also never have fun with customers unless they do something first. Like in an ideal world, people wouldn't care but some people are awful and relish the idea of complaining because it makes them feel powerful and they hope for free stuff.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

As a former pizza delivery driver I can confirm this.

Now if they forget your drinks that's on them

Yeah, I 100% make sure I get the drinks and sauces right. If I forget, I will go alllll the way back and give them too you. Because that was my fault and you should have your sauce.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

It'd be such a great job.

I used to be friends with this guy (during my teenage years, online friend) who wanted to do voice acting. He's now known as ProZD on YouTube and is professional voice actor Sungwon Cho. It's achievable!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Franchescanado posted:

While sounding like an Chinese or Viatnamese Ringo Starr.

he ends the whole rant about why gus van sants psycho is good with "peace and love"

Tenzarin posted:

pssst the mistake was probably not the delivery guy's fault, also shut the gently caress up

Also never have fun with customers unless they do something first. Like in an ideal world, people wouldn't care but some people are awful and relish the idea of complaining because it makes them feel powerful and they hope for free stuff.

we literally have a dude doing this right now to the shop. he's pulling my absolute favorite card, "i spend a lot of money", despite us being able to track his purchases and see that no he's spent 150 dollars in two years

he's also complaining about me being rude to his disabled wife on the phone. her neck is broken. the gently caress does that have to do with a phone call

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah, I 100% make sure I get the drinks and sauces right. If I forget, I will go alllll the way back and give them too you. Because that was my fault and you should have your sauce.

poo poo, same, if i couldn't stop on the way and buy a soda to replace it and get reimbursed later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

I once forgot a drink, was too far away to go back, stopped at a store and got a drink with my own money, got there and realized I had bought the wrong size and profusely apologized and returned their tip.

• Locked thread