Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Zophar posted:

Trump will have the dubious honor of being corrupt in service to a hostile foreign power which puts him in a league of his own w/r/t lovely presidents, IMO.

Well, that's not new either. What makes him new is that we aren't getting anything out of the corruption. Most of our shady deals with foreign governments were at least about fighting communists or some bullshit. This is basically entirely being a feeble dementia ridden piss baby that is being led around by literally every single human being that can grab his attention for 3 seconds and make him feel like a big man. For all that we've still had some colossal gently caress ups of Presidents, some of which legitimately could have destroyed the nation. We are still running on "Sole World Superpower" juice at this point, Trump is probably too unlikable and ignorant of how to work government to actually kill us in 8 years if he magically got them. Some of the earlier guys existed at a time when America was just some rando nation among many, and weaker than most. They could have sunk us for realzies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Bhaal posted:

What are the chances that Trump is under an investigation, but Comey would have maintained otherwise?

Also I started to re-watch The Thick of It. It is really cathartic right now and we are blessed that there is no Malcom Tucker running around to do damage control on the WH's endless fuckups. Even if you've seen it before, I recommend it. it has matured very well in light of our daily circus of political insanity.

omnishambles
is definitely the most succinct term to define the Trump admin

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ekster posted:

I don't know much about pre-WWII US presidents but they probably didn't make a habit of bragging about how they sexually assault women nor about how sexually attracted they are to their own daughter in public.

times were different back then but warren harding's sex letters to his mistress will never not be hilarious

quote:

Jan. 2, 1913
I stopped play to have sandwiches and crack a bottle of wine, so I could dwell with my thoughts. You can guess where they centered — on the New Year’s beginning a year before, when the bell rang the chorus while our hearts sang the rapture without words and we greeted the New Year from the hallowed heights of heaven. . . . When I got home I was too tired to sleep, but I rested, and you were summoned in finally. And you came — a vision vividly plain, a goddess in human form — and a perfect form — clad only in flowing hair, and you were joyously received, and Jerry* came and insisted on staying while we all retrospected in the happiness of a Sunday in Richmond.

Jan. 5, 1913
Didn’t go to church today — it cost too much last Sunday — so I got up, had a luxurious bath and donned my bathrobe in which to breakfast. Three weeks ago [the robe] touched and covered your beautiful form, and that made it hallowed to me, and I wanted contact with it, to make me seem nearer to you. And I wanted to sit before the fire afterward, in freedom of dress, and dream** of you and of loving you, intimately, until [illegible]. I like to dream** in loose, flowing garb, because I can dream more intently. And I did — to alarming release. I called your name aloud thrice, begging you to come, and a voice from upstairs responded, wanting to know what I wanted. I was alarmed and sobered.

Sept. 15, 1913
Honestly, I hurt with the insatiate longing, until I feel that there will never be any relief untilI take a long, deep, wild draught on your lips and then bury my face on your pillowing breasts. Oh, Carrie! I want the solace you only can give. It is awful to hunger so and be so wholly denied. . . . Wouldn’t you like to hear me ask if we only dared and answer, “We dare,” while souls rejoicing sang the sweetest of choruses in the music room? Wouldn’t you like to get sopping wet out on Superior — not the lake — for the joy of fevered fondling and melting kisses? Wouldn’t you like to make the suspected occupant of the next room jealous of the joys he could not know, as we did in morning communion at Richmond? . . .

Oh, Carrie mine! You can see I have yielded and written myself into wild desire. I could beg. And Jerry* came and will not go, says he loves you, that you are the only, only love worthwhile in all this world, and I must tell you so and a score or more of other fond things he suggests, but I spare you. You must not be annoyed. He is so utterly devoted that he only exists to give you all. I fear you would find a fierce enthusiast today.

*"Jerry" is the pet nickname Warring Harding, 29th POTUS, gave to his penis
** dream as used here is a euphemism for jerkin' it

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

boner confessor posted:

times were different back then but warren harding's sex letters to his mistress will never not be hilarious

I like to day-dream while at work.

:getin:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Star Man posted:

Quincy wrote about the joys of sex outdoors.

Go on...

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

boner confessor posted:

Somehow still less mentally scarring than Joyce's letters.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Star Man posted:

Quincy wrote about the joys of sex outdoors.

didn't he extoll the bracing health virtues of knocking boots outside in the snow

e: haha yeah quincy was great, he was basically a nudist who swam the potomac every morning and liked to screw outdoors especially in the winter

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

WeAreTheRomans posted:

omnishambles
is definitely the most succinct term to define the Trump admin

"loving omnishambles" strikes me as a good thread title.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

citybeatnik posted:

someone will post the relevant Kate Beaton comic soon I'm sure. as an Irishman, I can confirm that we're all super into fart-fuckin'

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

boner confessor posted:

A most excellent name / post combo.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

citybeatnik posted:

it's because harding didn't have a thing for poo poo and farts

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

WeAreTheRomans posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaa I don't really want to be backed into the lovely rhetorical corner of defending a potential rapist, so I won't. It's possible he raped her, sure, the allegation was made and should be taken seriously. But the fact is that nothing compelling was ever produced as evidence, and the leap from allegation to "well Clinton is a rapist so checkmate libtards :smugdog: " is just so vast.

Let me tell you about a piss tape, and how not one shred of evidence actually exists but it it 100% D&D verified.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

evilweasel posted:

yeah in the last day or so the senate has gone from "no way we're doing this" to "i think we're doing this" and I don't like it one bit

This is basically what happens once the steam runs out on the protest/angry constituent train. The GOP believes they're safe cause the hubbub has died down, and thinks they can get away with it now that the populace is occupied by other things, thinking their work is done.

they might be right :ssh:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, I feel like there is a broader point to be made about the continued exploitation of prisoners than just screaming "Hillary owned slaves." Like, maybe we should consider that these practices (and far, far worse) are still going on? And that the current administration is increasing this poo poo?

Or we can just poo poo on Hillary for not ending the program as first lady of Arkansas

The Clinton fixation is weird because she failed and will be dead soon. The final moment of her relevance to America politics was in an age that has passed now. She will be dead soon. Her defenders are people broken on the edge of the current age, as all of us were broken in our own ways that day. She will be dead soon.

Objecting to the prison labor system is good though.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Am i the only person who knows women who are still loyal to hillary for the virtue of being a woman?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Let me tell you about a piss tape, and how not one shred of evidence actually exists but it it 100% D&D verified.

I also don't think that's right or especially logical and I've said as much many times here. But I don't really care about being "fair" to Trump because he is a dickhead :shrug:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

namaste faggots posted:

Am i the only person who knows women who are still loyal to hillary for the virtue of being a woman?

You uhh might wanna just drop this line of inquiry

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Do not trouble yourself by worrying about the piss tapes on this Earth.

Instead, find joy and peace by embracing the piss tape... in your heart.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I also don't think that's right or especially logical and I've said as much many times here. But I don't really care about being "fair" to Trump because he is a dickhead :shrug:

it's funny, and "why do people tell jokes in the serious politics debate and discussion forum where serious debate happens only" is the laziest drat troll

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
did you know the president's fat old man turkey neck resembles a vagina???

*angry gbs poster's bowtie begins to spin faster and faster*

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Trump himself confirmed it

quote:

On the morning of March 30, the President called me at the FBI. He described the Russia investigation as "a cloud" that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country. He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Do you know what jokes are

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The piss tape exists in all our hearts.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
The piss tape is strong, and real, and is my friend

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

theflyingorc posted:

The piss tape is strong, and real, and is my friend

Lots of asparagus?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lemming posted:

Trump himself confirmed it

Always assumed he was recorded in Russia, but not by the Access Hollywood microphone into which he had just given an interview, which was still on.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Sky Shadowing posted:

Do not trouble yourself by worrying about the piss tapes on this Earth.

Instead, find joy and peace by embracing the piss tape... in your heart.

I think piss tape, therefore I am

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

A 37 page dossier with information multiple international intelligence agencies found credible and Trump can't stop freaking out about and bringing up unprovoked in private conversations... but you know, you do you.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

If trump says something, whatever he said is at the very least a lie somehow, if not completely, but most likely it is the literal 180 degree opposite of what is true. This has been a pattern that has held for literally decades. It has not suddenly changed. Trump saying this in the manner he did 100% confirms beyond reasonable doubt that there exists a tape of him with Russian hookers and that it is being used as blackmail against him.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Person on Something Awful says piss tape isn't real and there is no evidence of it
Other people respond that it is clearly a joke
Yet more people "UH ACTUALLY" and point out that it is actually real and exists

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Nazzadan posted:

Person on Something Awful says piss tape isn't real and there is no evidence of it

I seriously think it's much worse than what's been rumored, because tbh what's been rumored is pretty tame :shrug:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah if Trump says "I never paid for hookers, and I totally always assume I am being video taped in Russia" it says to me there is absolutely a tape of him deriving erotic satisfaction from Russian sex slaves urinating on a bed President Obama used.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Nazzadan posted:

It can be both. We can find humor in the possibility, and speculate as to plausibility.
If it ever is proved it will be even funnier.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Perfect

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

remusclaw posted:

It can be both. We can find humor in the possibility, and speculate as to plausibility.
If it ever is proved it will be even funnier.

It absolutely can be both, and I also think it would be funny if it's true.

I was just enjoying that like 3 people in a row pointed out they are joking and then the next two people in a row very matter-of-factly stated that it's totally real

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Xae posted:

The rate at which the far left accepts, adopts and then propagates far right propaganda is hilarious.

The Horseshoe is real.

Is it really a horseshoe when it only goes one way.

Note I don't know how horses work.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, I feel like there is a broader point to be made about the continued exploitation of prisoners than just screaming "Hillary owned slaves." Like, maybe we should consider that these practices (and far, far worse) are still going on? And that the current administration is increasing this poo poo?

Or we can just poo poo on Hillary for not ending the program as first lady of Arkansas

I'm pretty sure that broader point is being made, and I support organizations fighting for prisoner rights and prison abolition. I don't give a gently caress about Hillary one way or the other, and I wouldn't have brought it up if it weren't for posters charging in to defend her against hordes of crazed leftists.

Anyway, seems that anti protest laws are starting to hit the books.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
The piss tape is seriously real, and UH ACTUALLY, this is not a joke

Here, have some good news:

Breitbart News seems to be cleaning house after readers and advertisers drift away

quote:

The site’s visitor traffic has fallen 53 percent since November, from 22.96 million unique individuals to 10.76 million last month, according to ComScore, which tracks Web trends. Other news sites have seen a falloff since the election, too — The Washington Post and the New York Times are off 24 and 26 percent during this period, respectively — but Breitbart’s losses are at roughly twice the mainstream rate.

At the same time, an advertiser blacklist of Breitbart organized by an anonymous online group called Sleeping Giants appears to be biting hard. Only 26 companies had ads on Breitbart last month, down from 242 in March, according to the marketing-news site Digiday. It said the remaining advertisers were primarily smaller direct-response companies, although Amazon.com remains one of its sponsors, despite pressure from its employees to cut ties to the site (Amazon’s chief executive is Jeffrey P. Bezos, who owns The Post).

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

PerniciousKnid posted:

........ Paul Ryan ....... skipping leg day.

reeeeeemmiiinnnddddeeeerrrrrr

https://i.imgur.com/C3jwFHv.jpg No one cares about this one.

I feel like his ironic punishment should a legpress machine that lifts a guillotine away from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

I seriously think it's much worse than what's been rumored, because tbh what's been rumored is pretty tame :shrug:

How do you think pegging would play out in the flyovers? If we're imagining things worse than just pee.

• Locked thread