Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

elaborate sex rules aren't made for people with sense and a clear grasp of interpersonal relations, they're made for the kind of terrible retards who orient their lifestyles and social circles around wanting Ilsa She-Wolf of the SS to cattle brand them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

why the gently caress are you idiots masturbating all of a sudden

How dare you reduce my adoration of Audrey Hepburn to something so base and physical. Fie! Fie on you!

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
We've talked plenty about how dudes can be real bad at picking up on hints and tones of voice and body language as evidenced by their cluelessness when girls are throwing themselves at them. Now imagine telling a dude like that to consensually rape the poo poo out of you without any safe words because you think you should be able to trust him to be able to tell when you really mean "no, stop."

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

smh at the kinkshaming happening itt

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

HoAssHo posted:

We've talked plenty about how dudes can be real bad at picking up on hints and tones of voice and body language as evidenced by their cluelessness when girls are throwing themselves at them. Now imagine telling a dude like that to consensually rape the poo poo out of you without any safe words because you think you should be able to trust him to be able to tell when you really mean "no, stop."

Yeah but 50 Shades told me the sadistic weirdo will intuit what I think is hot and only ever do that without me having to ask

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Yeah but 50 Shades told me the sadistic weirdo will intuit what I think is hot and only ever do that without me having to ask

this was literally feed her pancakes that magically don't make her loving fat

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

like 90% of my issue with that book is that basically it follows a pattern of she says no, he says come on you'll like it, and then he forces her to do it and she happens to like it

he's fuckin sexually assaulting her but its ok because she has an orgasm this is not super hosed up or a bad thing to popularize

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

HoAssHo posted:

We've talked plenty about how dudes can be real bad at picking up on hints and tones of voice and body language as evidenced by their cluelessness when girls are throwing themselves at them. Now imagine telling a dude like that to consensually rape the poo poo out of you without any safe words because you know he will never ~truly~ hurt you b/c you share a special magical bond on account of a few endorphins and normies will never understand the deep connection u share

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

That too

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It's​ the fantasy that you never have to do anything or know what you want and a hot millionaire will figure all your poo poo out for you, packaged as something dark and transgressive instead of just lazy and unimaginative. Of course it was going to make it big.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

It's​ the fantasy that you never have to do anything or know what you want and a hot millionaire will figure all your poo poo out for you, packaged as something dark and transgressive instead of just being lazy and unimaginative, of course it was going to make it big.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

It's​ the fantasy that you never have to do anything or know what you want and a hot millionaire will figure all your poo poo out for you, packaged as something dark and transgressive instead of just lazy and unimaginative. Of course it was going to make it big.

Billionaire. That fucker was a 26 year-old billionaire.

I knew this super naive weird Catholic girl who read all three and tried to get me to read them, telling me she didn't like them for the sex but because it was "a beautiful love story."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

HoAssHo posted:

Billionaire. That fucker was a 26 year-old billionaire.

I knew this super naive weird Catholic girl who read all three and tried to get me to read them, telling me she didn't like them for the sex but because it was "a beautiful love story."

I think she was hitting on you

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

HoAssHo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4hNaFkbZYU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
So I can un-bookmark this thread now?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Me [30M] and my girlfriend [27F] have been together 2.5 months. We seem to have very abruptly exited the "puppy love" phase and I am not taking it well.Relationships
submitted 15 minutes ago by 4456throwaway
Sorry in advance for the lack of brevity. As the title says, my girlfriend and I have been together for about two and half months. For the first two months we were over the moon for each other: texting all day and sending Snaps to each other when we were apart, fitting in time to see each other whenever we could (working around our busy schedules, sometimes to the detriment of our responsibilities), engaging in fun, flirtatious, verbal stuff (joking about getting married, repeatedly reiterating how much we enjoy/like each other, etc.). Just...really enjoying each other fully. Couldn't get enough of each other.

Then, in the past couple of weeks, we've gone on some long out-of-town trips during which I met many members of her family. Now that those trips are behind us, it feels like a switch has been flipped in our relationship. Like we have very abruptly left behind the "puppy love"/"honeymoon" phase of our relationship. And, frankly, it's kind of got me reeling a little bit.

A few examples of what seems to have changed:

less or no physical affection, unless I initiate it.
less or no verbal affirmation (I love you, I miss you, can't wait to see you this weekend, etc.) unless I initiate it, and even then her replies feel rote
she has started calling me "dude" or "man" in place of when she used to say "honey, babe, sweetie," etc. Not all the time, but often enough that it makes me feel uncomfortable.
the fun, wistful, "planning for the future" talk has all but ceased. No more discussions of moving in together, joking about getting married, etc.
things just generally feel more platonic and "friendly" than romantic
our conversations feel stilted, and more business-like than fun and flirty

Basically, it just feels like a switch has flipped in the past week or two. I feel like she is a bit withdrawn. I often don't feel like I'm hanging out with a girlfriend/lover/partner but rather with just a platonic friend. We're also just not seeing each other as often as we were early on when we couldn't get enough of each other.

A few quick facts about us that may be relevant:

We live a good fifty minute drive apart and both work quite demanding full-time, salaried jobs that have us working evenings and weekends a lot
She has a young child (whom I have met several times and get along with, fwiw)
The past three weeks have had us meeting each other's parents and other family members in rapid succession.
I am definitely the more emotional of the two of us. She doesn't strike me as the type to talk about feelings or "the state of the relationship" very readily.
I've long struggled with issues of mild depression, anxiety, OCD, and insecurity that often shade other parts of my life. (I'm the type who, when I miss a call from my boss, immediately convince myself he's calling to fire me!)
She was set to get married last year and the relationship ended abruptly, at her behest. I know no more details about why or how it ended.

I guess I'm just feeling insecure about leaving the fun, puppy-love phase of the relationship and feel really let down and, honestly, kind of sad about it. I worry that we are already growing apart simply because we aren't as obsessively engaged with one another as before. She doesn't seem to see a problem, and when I've tried to lightly broach the subject she just says she thinks everything is fine. I've been told before that I can be needy in relationships so I'm wondering if this is just me being my old needy self or if there really is something that needs addressing here. As absurd as it may sound, I worry that after a year of casual dating following the end of a long-term relationship last year that maybe I'm just addicted to the dopamine rush of a new person and now that I'm not getting my fix I'm almost...I dunno, having withdrawals?

I have really fallen hard for this woman and I love her and want to make this relationship work, but just feel like we're hitting a patch that is not fun. If this is just the normal evolution of the relationship into the long-term phase, I want to learn to embrace it and relish it. At the same time, I don't feel like the puppy-love stuff has to just die. Plenty of people I know enter the long-term phase of a relationship while still acting like drunk-in-love teenagers around each other.

What do you all think? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

tl;dr: Girlfriend and I have abruptly exited the "honeymoon phase" and I'm feeling really down about it. Am I just overreacting? Should I just go with the flow? Or should I address it head-on with her, and risk pushing her away/freaking her out? Does anyone have experience with this phenomenon?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
11 years ago we found a USB stick with footage of me [27F] in bathroom. My brother [26M] was blamed for it and disowned. Now I learned that it was my father's, who has passed away.Non-Romantic
submitted 32 minutes ago by Rrfili78

So about 11 years ago we found a USB stick in our house that had photos and videos of me in the bathroom. It was such a horrible time, my parents concluded that it must have been my brother who had done this. They decided against involving the police but they sent him to live with my uncle and go to military school. Once he turned 18, he was kicked out and disowned by everyone. I never heard from him after he was disowned, even though we knew he was in contact with a couple of cousins.

I never saw him after he was sent to life with our uncle (until just a few days ago). I believed that it was him since my parents were so sure. They told me that they know it's him beyond the shadow of a doubt and I listened to them when they told me that he's dead to us now and I should forget that I had a brother. I hated him so much.

My dad died two years ago. Last week I missed him so I went through his things to help me feel better. That's when I found a USB stick carefully hidden in one of his books (with space carved out from the pages). I got curious, plugged it in and saw that it's similar pictures to the old ones, just of me when I was older. I was literally in such a shock that I couldn't even scream. It was my dad all along. He not only did this to me, but also was happy to destroy my brother's life to protect himself.

I couldn't do much a few days but decided that I need to talk to my brother. So I got his details from our cousin and went to see him. I basically went on my knees begging for his forgiveness but to my surprise he told me that he does not blame me at all. He said that he blames our parents for treating him like that without any evidence and knows that I was in such a vulnerable situation and just listening to them. I was shocked that he was so understanding. I promised him that I will make up for the things that have been done to him which he told me to not bother.

Even when I told him that I should let our mom know, he said he doesn't care either way since he is not going to ever forgive her. He said our entire family are horrible people and he won't be back even if they wanted him to. In the end he said "I don't have a family, maybe except you" and I reassured him that I want to be his family again.

What do I do with this information? Do I go to my mom? I think it will turn her entire world upside down. Or do I just not bother? I think I too am done with my mom and other people. I don't know if I can forgive them for what they did. Telling them about this will probably be the last thing I'll do before cutting them out of my life.

tl;dr: We found a USB stick with footage of me in the bathroom. Parents assumed it was my brother and sent him away and eventually disowned him. Now 11 years later I have learned that it was my father who has died. Not sure what to do with the information that I have.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

BDSM is actually for mentally ill people, like, exclusively.

Nah it feels good to get beat with a belt or choked or slapped around like a dirty whore

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Blue Train posted:

Nah it feels good to get beat with a belt or choked or slapped around like a dirty whore

I'm the only one that Daddy feeds his poopies to so that means that I'm special.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

Sorry in advance for the lack of brevity.

The word is verbosity

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
hugh?

quote:

It's our [26F/30M] anniversary. My husband doesn't know how to be romantic in our relationship.Relationships
submitted 3 hours ago by ThrowAway945035

Ok, I'm not sure where exactly to start, so this might be a bit jumbled.
Basically my husband doesn't put effort into being romantic, like at all, and today is our second anniversary, and I'm sorta feeling sad about it. I don't feel anger or resentment. I have every intention of communicating this to him, but we have had this talk before, and I feel my communication methods are ineffective. For today we don't have anything planned for our anniversary. I bought him a romantic card and a cute little thing for his desk at work (we were going to go on a trip, but something came up that was only resolved last week so we had to cancel).

He's just so terrified of TRYING to do anything. He always says he's worried I "wouldn't like it", and at first I believed him but now I almost feel like it's an easy cop-out so he doesn't have to put in the effort to plan a nice surprise or do anything romantic. We've been a couple for 6 years now, at this point he should have an idea of what I would or wouldn't like. I'm sure he does. Other times he shows knowledge of it. But when it comes time for a birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc he becomes so insanely lost that I end up planning my own gifts/surprises. And it takes the fun out of it for me.

And even when I'm the one planning it, half of the time he doesn't follow through. We recently finished an extremely stressful time in our lives (mainly me), and I had been saying for months that when it was over I wanted him to order a specific cake for me from the grocery store as a celebration. Well, it's been a week since that time ended, I've reminded him at least 3 times about the cake, and he's still leaving it for me to do. He actually just texted me a bit ago about ordering the cake for our anniversary tonight, once again leaving it up to me to take care of. I jump into the store on my way home from work sometimes too to see if I can grab a pre-made cake of this flavor, but they never have one ready. But that's the kind of thing I'm talking about.... I tell him what to do, he fails to do it, I end up doing it for myself. Or at Christmas time... I give him a complete list of what he could buy me so he doesn't have to worry that I won't like it. If I don't he stresses out and complains that he doesn't know what to get me.

I don't think my husband is being uncaring or that he lacks respect for me. I think at worst he finds it to be an excellent excuse he can use so he can get out of buying me things/planning surprises/being romantic so he doesn't have to worry about failing at those things or disappointing me. I just don't get why he's so paranoid about it. I don't snub gifts or turn my nose up to surprises. I'm not high maintenance. One of the little things he does that I do love is buy me a candy bar from the vending machine at his work once in a while. It makes me totally happy when he comes home with one for me cause it means he thought of me!

Any time I try to talk to him about it (I don't go in accusing, I just calmly tell him that I'm saddened about it), he says he'll work on it, but it doesn't get much better. I read about the "five love languages" and thought maybe he just has a different language than me, and I tried suggesting different things with that in mind, but it still hasn't improved the situation. I honestly don't know how to word it to him anymore and help him understand that all I want is something that HE came up with 100% on his own without my involvement. It makes me sad. I don't know if he doesn't know me, if he doesn't care to try, if he's actually scared of my reactions to his ideas... all of it makes me sad to think about. I wish just one time he would take over all the planning. I wish he'd freakin'... draw a bath for me in the winter or something nice, even. Anything. Buy me a surprise gift. Plan a trip to a restaurant without me deciding where we're going. It's not like we're hurting for money, he could do these things, but he just doesn't.... I don't know, Reddit. I'm very sad today thinking about it. I don't know how to talk to him about it to get through to him that I just want something completely from him without my involvement....

tl;dr: Husband doesn't like buying me gifts/planning surprises/etc cause he's worried I will dislike it or be disappointed. Have talked about it before without results. Is there another way I can talk to him about this?

I love you. Please come back.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blue Train posted:

The word is verbosity

Logorrhea

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

I give him a complete list of what he could buy me so he doesn't have to worry that I won't like it. If I don't he stresses out and complains that he doesn't know what to get me. 

This is my dream woman

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Five love languages is some bullshit made up by a dude that probably got caught forgetting his wife's b-day.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Blue Train posted:

This is my dream woman

my girlfriend does this and does not expect me to be smart enough to deviate from it more than once a year

rules

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blue Train posted:

like a dirty whore good slut

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

We don't do any of that romantic bullshit and just maybe go out for dinner for our anniversary and maybe say "happy Valentine's Day" if we remember. It rules. I don't want any of that rose petals and candles poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Assuming USB dad is real, I hope the girl gets the gumption to leave her family forever instead of staying with them because there is 0 chance her mom didnt know.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HoAssHo posted:

We don't do any of that romantic bullshit and just maybe go out for dinner for our anniversary and maybe say "happy Valentine's Day" if we remember. It rules. I don't want any of that rose petals and candles poo poo.

Romantic bullshit is actually like really important

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

Romantic bullshit is actually like really important

Depends on the person but expressing devotion is important yes

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pick posted:

11 years ago we found a USB stick with footage of me [27F] in bathroom. My brother [26M] was blamed for it and disowned. Now I learned that it was my father's, who has passed away

As Barudak says there's almost no chance the mom didn't know too, and she would be right to disown the entire family sans brother

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Blue Train posted:

Let me tell you about the five languages of love - Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Charisma, Luck.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Barudak posted:

Assuming USB dad is real, I hope the girl gets the gumption to leave her family forever instead of staying with them because there is 0 chance her mom didnt know.

That and she goes to the cops.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

dudeness posted:

Let me tell you about the five languages of love - Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Charisma, Luck.

Pro move is to use charisma as a dump stat but put luck at 10

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Blue Train posted:

Right. Considerate gestures are great but the real sappy romantic flowers and chocolates stuff isn't for everyone and isn't real proof of devotion. .

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

when it comes to love, don't make wisdom your dump stat

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sexual dungeons and dragons isn't actually a bad idea at all. :smug:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

HoAssHo posted:

Right. Considerate gestures are great but the real sappy romantic flowers and chocolates stuff isn't for everyone and isn't real proof of devotion. .

what about when their expectations are so low that not making GBS threads on the floor makes you amazing

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

what about when their expectations are so low that not making GBS threads on the floor makes you amazing

well, then it sounds like you've won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Pick posted:

11 years ago we found a USB stick with footage of me [27F] in bathroom. My brother [26M] was blamed for it and disowned. Now I learned that it was my father's, who has passed away.Non-Romantic
submitted 32 minutes ago by Rrfili78

So about 11 years ago we found a USB stick in our house that had photos and videos of me in the bathroom. It was such a horrible time, my parents concluded that it must have been my brother who had done this. They decided against involving the police but they sent him to live with my uncle and go to military school. Once he turned 18, he was kicked out and disowned by everyone. I never heard from him after he was disowned, even though we knew he was in contact with a couple of cousins.

I never saw him after he was sent to life with our uncle (until just a few days ago). I believed that it was him since my parents were so sure. They told me that they know it's him beyond the shadow of a doubt and I listened to them when they told me that he's dead to us now and I should forget that I had a brother. I hated him so much.

My dad died two years ago. Last week I missed him so I went through his things to help me feel better. That's when I found a USB stick carefully hidden in one of his books (with space carved out from the pages). I got curious, plugged it in and saw that it's similar pictures to the old ones, just of me when I was older. I was literally in such a shock that I couldn't even scream. It was my dad all along. He not only did this to me, but also was happy to destroy my brother's life to protect himself.

I couldn't do much a few days but decided that I need to talk to my brother. So I got his details from our cousin and went to see him. I basically went on my knees begging for his forgiveness but to my surprise he told me that he does not blame me at all. He said that he blames our parents for treating him like that without any evidence and knows that I was in such a vulnerable situation and just listening to them. I was shocked that he was so understanding. I promised him that I will make up for the things that have been done to him which he told me to not bother.

Even when I told him that I should let our mom know, he said he doesn't care either way since he is not going to ever forgive her. He said our entire family are horrible people and he won't be back even if they wanted him to. In the end he said "I don't have a family, maybe except you" and I reassured him that I want to be his family again.

What do I do with this information? Do I go to my mom? I think it will turn her entire world upside down. Or do I just not bother? I think I too am done with my mom and other people. I don't know if I can forgive them for what they did. Telling them about this will probably be the last thing I'll do before cutting them out of my life.

tl;dr: We found a USB stick with footage of me in the bathroom. Parents assumed it was my brother and sent him away and eventually disowned him. Now 11 years later I have learned that it was my father who has died. Not sure what to do with the information that I have.

I feel like I have to point out that the guy was fifteen when this happened. The father was willing to destroy his fifteen year old son's life in order to perv on his sixteen year old daughter. I'd say :murder: but he's already dead.