Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Tir McDohl posted:

I don't care about these people. If they cannot admit they are wrong with the preponderance of evidence that they themselves cite...it may sound cold, but they deserve to die. I have no sympathy.

"My fellow americans are morons, so they deserve to die"

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

America has the government it deserves.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I genuinely don't get why it seems to come up so little how loving boneheaded this plan is from a purely economic standpoint. Wouldn't pulling all this money out of the economy tip us back into recession faster?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
I don't think even the morons deserve to die.

Mocked, yes, absolutely.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

America.txt

quote:

and she trusts that Rogers, whom she has also voted for, knows what he’s doing. She gets most her news from his weekly emails to constituents
Sometimes I fantasize about coming up with a series of uncontroversial books for children up to young adults that have whatever stories and settings will appeal to a generation or three of youngsters, but also subtly teaches fundamentals of critical thinking that will hopefully serve as a levy against them giving in to loving idiocy in their adulthood.

To teach about considering sources:

The lovable protagonist--A bunny named Hoppers McFluffikins--hears widely different opinions from his 3 best friends about the new neighbor that moved into the Happy Hills warren. Friend One says the neighbor had a basket full of carrots that he shared with everyone. Friend Two says the food was stolen from other rabbits, and poisoned, and so we shouldn't trust his goodwill. Friend Three says the new neighbor is actually working for the foxes, and will soon lure other bunnies out of the warren with trickery and promises so the foxes can stay fed!

Through the story Hoppers discovers that Friend Two only heard from someone else that the food was stolen/poisoned (and later Hopper discovers that bunny was jealous of the attention the new neighbor got for their largesse), but Friend One was there for the food being shared, and ate some. And they never got sick or know of anyone that got sick. And it turns out that Friend Three got the details of the frightful plot about the foxes from Old Hare Harrison, who everyone in the warren agreed doesn't ever make much sense and was never the same after that day when a horse stepped on his head and put him in a 2 moon slumber.

In the end Hoppers McFluffikins decides to befriend the new neighbor, who it turns out is a very nice fellow who is not dangerous at all. And so he learns to be cautious of what he hears, because it turned out Friend Two and Friend Three were full of poo poo and believe anything they hear.

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 8, 2017

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

jesus christ

I think it's more "My fellow Americans voted for death, therefore I am elated I get to watch democracy in action."

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Bhaal posted:

Sometimes I fantasize about coming up with a series of uncontroversial books for children up to young adults that have whatever stories and settings will appeal to a generation or three of youngsters, but also subtly teaches fundamentals of critical thinking that will hopefully serve as a levy against them giving in to loving idiocy in their adulthood.

The protagonist--A bunny named Hoppers McFluffikins--hears widely different opinions from his 3 best friends about the new neighbor that moved into the Happy Hills warren. Friend One says the neighbor had a basket full of carrots that he shared with everyone. Friend Two says the food was stolen from other rabbits, and poisoned, and so we shouldn't trust his goodwill. Friend Three says the new neighbor is actually working for the foxes, and will soon lure other bunnies out of the warren with trickery and promises so the foxes can stay fed!

Through the story Hoppers discovers that Friend Two only heard from someone else that the food was poisoned (and later Hopper discovers that bunny was jealous of the attention the new neighbor got for their largesse), but Friend One was there for the food being shared, and ate some. And they never got sick or know of anyone that got sick. And it turns out that Friend Three got the details of the frightful plot about the foxes from Old Hare Harrison, who everyone in the warren agreed doesn't ever make much sense and was never the same after that day when a horse stepped on his head and put him in a 2 moon slumber.

In the end Hoppers McFluffikins decides to befriend the new neighbor, who it turns out is a very nice fellow who is not dangerous at all. And so he learns to be cautious of what he hears, because it turned out Friend Two and Friend Three were full of poo poo and believe anything they hear.

thanks dude this is gonna make me millions

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Bhaal posted:

The lovable protagonist--A bunny named Hoppers McFluffikins--hears widely different opinions from his 3 best friends about the new neighbor that moved into the Happy Hills warren. Friend One says the neighbor had a basket full of carrots that he shared with everyone. Friend Two says the food was stolen from other rabbits, and poisoned, and so we shouldn't trust his goodwill. Friend Three says the new neighbor is actually working for the foxes, and will soon lure other bunnies out of the warren with trickery and promises so the foxes can stay fed!

Through the story Hoppers discovers that Friend Two only heard from someone else that the food was stolen/poisoned (and later Hopper discovers that bunny was jealous of the attention the new neighbor got for their largesse), but Friend One was there for the food being shared, and ate some. And they never got sick or know of anyone that got sick. And it turns out that Friend Three got the details of the frightful plot about the foxes from Old Hare Harrison, who everyone in the warren agreed doesn't ever make much sense and was never the same after that day when a horse stepped on his head and put him in a 2 moon slumber.

Then they get devoured by a ravenous pack of wolves, the end.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

The flaw is assuming parents even read to their children anymore. Maybe try an app?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Nocturtle posted:

The flaw is assuming parents even read to their children anymore. Maybe try an app?

"Alexa, read my kid their bedtime story."

"Alright...which one?"

"I don't loving care."

"Would you like me to research therapists while I'm at it?"

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Children still have books read to them, they like having a physical object they can cuddle and bite and such. It's only when they are older that the smart phones come out.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

put it up on YouTube and have characters that are blatant copyright infringements. billion views in no time

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

:yeah:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Acebuckeye13 posted:

jesus christ

we are damned, and this earth is the hell upon which we must walk

so its cool

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

It is however worth remembering that republicans would like nothing more than for liberals to be rounded up and holocausted.

I been saying this fact(oid?) for a few years, but supposedly Rush once said that they should put the last 2 non-regressives in a zoo/museum.

He was winkwink nudgenudge on how that end point would even happen.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/872621449521057793
https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/872623755406843906

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Jaxyon posted:

I don't think even the morons deserve to die.

Mocked, yes, absolutely.

Is there a difference between thinking someone deserves to die and not caring if they do?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

AlternateNu posted:

Is there a difference between thinking someone deserves to die and not caring if they do?

Not much.

Guess what, part of being a decent person is ideological consistency.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Bhaal posted:

Sounds like some liberal bullshit to me and we need it out of our schools.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

AlternateNu posted:

Yes. At a certain point of watching someone try to kill themselves repeatedly, you just become numb. It doesn't mean you wouldn't want them to get help if possible, it just means you aren't blind to where this ends.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
How much is curling up in a ball and hiding warranted at this point? I have long term health problems.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Toaster Beef posted:

NJ has a shitload of progressive Democrats, and they came out in force for Johnson and Wisniewski, two candidates more progressive than Murphy. Each got about 22% of the vote, while Murphy got about 48%. So it's not like it almost cost him the primary or anything, but when 44% of the voters said they wanted someone more progressive and you ended up with 48% of the vote, it should send a message. Who knows if Murphy actually listens. His platform's actually more left than he gets credit for, but I don't think anyone's holding their breath.

Yeah, Murphy could be so, so much worse. For example, he wants to establish automatic voter registration, early voting (we currently don't have any), and isn't big on charter schools. Plus the state bank is an intriguing idea.

Would have loved if Johnson or Wisniewski won, though. At least they outperformed their polls.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Tir McDohl posted:

I agree with you, but this statement is meaningless if the law passes. People will die. Which is why we do everything we can now, but I still cannot give a gently caress about the perspectives of the dumbasses who support their party to the death

What if someone who voted for Trump did regret their decision, to the point where they switched to the democratic party? I know they understood who they were voting for, but it's something that I've thought about since the election ended

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

i dunno, if repealing obamacare literally meant my death i probably would wish death on anyone that voted for anyone in the gop

ideology gets pretty finicky when you don't have the luxury of witnessing from a distance

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Night10194 posted:

I genuinely don't get why it seems to come up so little how loving boneheaded this plan is from a purely economic standpoint. Wouldn't pulling all this money out of the economy tip us back into recession faster?

The economic gains unleashed from the reduction in the capital gains tax will be massive. Especially during this bull market.

Additionally, not subsidizing net-economic losses to the country will help. How much is a 62-year old Kentuckian 100% dependent on government subsidies contributing to the economy? They are draining it.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Night10194 posted:

Well it seems boneheaded to you because you operate in a reality that is based on evidence and observable history.

If you would just have faith that this time the magic power of trickle down would fuel economic expansion you wouldn't be confused.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Literally nothing had been decided yet on any level so lets just wait and see how things go first.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

skylined! posted:

i dunno, if repealing obamacare literally meant my death i probably would wish death on anyone that voted for anyone in the gop

ideology gets pretty finicky when you don't have the luxury of witnessing from a distance

hell, the fact that the ahca would mean probable death for people i care about is enough for me to occasionally cross the line into "death to anyone who associates with the gop" territory. it turns out that killing the people/things humans care about elicits a pretty serious reaction.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

When AHCA passes and a deep recession follows soon after, the GOP's talking point will be "The Democrats obstructed us when we were working on AHCA, and by the time we passed it, Obamacare had caused too much economic damage. It would be much worse if we still had Obamacare!" And their base will eat that poo poo up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

enraged_camel posted:

When AHCA passes and a deep recession follows soon after, the GOP's talking point will be "The Democrats obstructed us when we were working on AHCA, and by the time we passed it, Obamacare had caused too much economic damage. It would be much worse if we still had Obamacare!"

Polling has already indicated that the majority of voters will blame Republicans for Obamacare's failure since they're the ones in power. If it actually happens and thing go to hell it'll become even more pronounced.

But you're a Nothing Matters Ever guy so why do I bother.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

waaayyyy more than i ever expected from this situation. dude's still a piece of poo poo and should disappear forever, tho

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/872627741828534272

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

enraged_camel posted:

When AHCA passes and a deep recession follows soon after, the GOP's talking point will be "The Democrats obstructed us when we were working on AHCA, and by the time we passed it, Obamacare had caused too much economic damage. It would be much worse if we still had Obamacare!"

and they'd still lose with anyone who wasn't a broke-brained boomer. they'd be dead electorally with two successive generations

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
I don't want people to die. I do want them to poo poo their pants a little.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Alexa, read my kid their bedtime story."

"Alright...which one?"

"I don't loving care."

"Would you like me to research therapists while I'm at it?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5p0gqCIEa8

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Aves Maria! posted:

hell, the fact that the ahca would mean probable death for people i care about is enough for me to occasionally cross the line into "death to anyone who associates with the gop" territory. it turns out that killing the people/things humans care about elicits a pretty serious reaction.

ya, i'm sayin'

the guy dropping white-knuckled truth at mccarthy during that town hall is exhibit A. calling him the biggest threat to his family's very lives was pretty spot on. hard to fault someone for holding seething rage when put in such a position.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Nocturtle posted:

https://youtu.be/w3oCRYDZRKY

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Stalin did nothing wrong. Kulaks deserved it.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

skylined! posted:

waaayyyy more than i ever expected from this situation. dude's still a piece of poo poo and should disappear forever, tho

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/872627741828534272

Still didn't answer his question

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Polling has already indicated that the majority of voters will blame Republicans for Obamacare's failure since they're the ones in power. If it actually happens and thing go to hell it'll become even more pronounced.

But you're a Nothing Matters Ever guy so why do I bother.

I'll believe things matter once they actually do.

I think that's far more rational than naive optimism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Was this to be expected?

• Locked thread