Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Thank you. Unless you're doing a troll-style maneuver in which case nutz 2 ya.

I'm a very sincere poster.

Also I've given this free game more money than I've ever spent on another game and I'll probably continue giving them money because they keep deserving it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
http://www.twitch.tv/akumoslol

Gonna stream if anyone wants to ask me about poo poo. Obviously can watch other people for quicker/better gameplay but if you want me to test something lmk, prob gonna be a few hours til I get to later acts. MTX tab is currently bugged and crashing clients?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Man the eclipse armor looks bad from the front but that hat rules from the perspective you actually play the game at.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

theshim posted:

I wonder what people are going to run forever once Merc Dried Lake ceases to exist.

If there isn't a great farming zone in act 10, I suppose people will just have to start mapping.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
20 minutes of downloading the beta client and I'm 0.64% done. I guess it'll be a while!

Valle fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 7, 2017

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Filthy Monkey posted:

You people are crazy with your expensive packs. I just bought the cheapest pack I could to get into the beta, because the key is the only part I care about. It is the summer now and I have some time, so I figured 'why not?'. Installing the beta now.

Haven't played in over a year, and don't remember all that much. Any suggestions for a good noob way to start?

Most of the people talking about the expensive packs are already like $500+ into this game and don't need the pack for beta access. We just love the game that much.

Edit: ^^^^ I'm downloading the steam client now because gently caress 1990 internet speeds

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Budgie posted:

Most of the people talking about the expensive packs are already like $500+ into this game and don't need the pack for beta access. We just love the game that much.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Budgie posted:

Edit: ^^^^ I'm downloading the steam client now because gently caress 1990 internet speeds

Like two minutes after I posted that, it shot up and it's now pretty much downloading as fast as my 30mbit connection will let it. 15% in now. Dunno what the first 25 minutes was all about.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I'm logging off for awhile but you can msg MrDGoesToaBeta or DerpyBlowington for guild invites.

e: nvm, thought I had to do a thing but I don't

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 7, 2017

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

regulargonzalez posted:

I'm logging off for awhile but you can msg MrDGoesToaBeta

that's me btw

Also it's weird having actual tooltips/tutorial stuff in game

panda clue
May 23, 2014

YoungSexualNorton was right. loving nerds are fumbling over eachother trying to get out more videos than the other in the first second after the NDA lifted.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 7, 2017

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
New Bandit rewards:

MTYSL-G4KQF-DNVZZ-HFVKV Beta key

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Thanks for that. And those are some pretty interesting bandit rewards. They all seem useful at various times for a lot of builds.

J
Jun 10, 2001

If nobody has any interest in making an updated OP, I'll start working on putting a new one together now that we're going to be getting a lot more information about the expansion.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Here's the new keystone, appears to be between shadow and ranger.

Phrasing makes it sound like you don't need to crit for the multiplier to apply to your DOT?

Hierophant changes (-7% per totem instead of -8%) bring the damage effectiveness of 3 totems from 233% to 241%, 4 totems from 286% to 299%. He also gets 6% increased damage per recent kill instead of 4% now. That's a really small buff!

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 7, 2017

panda clue
May 23, 2014
phrasing makes it sound like it was written by somebody who was drunk

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

J posted:

If nobody has any interest in making an updated OP, I'll start working on putting a new one together now that we're going to be getting a lot more information about the expansion.

I was thinking about it, but rereading your OP i couldn't come up with anything I would change aside from making the first post the bare minimum of what you need to know in order to get excited / started, and then the second post being more of the stuff you would come back later to re-read once you've gotten an experience of the game.

also, I was hoping to make a -foo joke in the thread title, but i failed out of comp sci so i couldn't do better than that.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Count Uvula posted:

Here's the new keystone, appears to be between shadow and ranger.

Phrasing makes it sound like you don't need to crit for the multiplier to apply to your DOT?

Hierophant changes (-7% per totem instead of -8%) bring the damage effectiveness of 3 totems from 233% to 241%, 4 totems from 286% to 299%. He also gets 6% increased damage per recent kill instead of 4% now. That's a really small buff!
Nah, the bonus only applies to DoT effects from Hits that Crit.

God this game is a confusing mess and I love it.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Seems like pretty much everyone will take Alira if they're crit or Oak if they're not crit, and Kraityn will be a fallback if you don't crit AND don't do phys damage. And even then choosing between Oak/Kraityn/Alira would still be an actual decision point.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
PoESkillTree updated: https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.7.0

theshim
May 1, 2012

holy poo poo these nerds are fast

a+

MoM no longer says hits, holy poo poo

theshim fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 8, 2017

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
What happens if you kill all 3 bandits now?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Path of Building should be updated as well for the current tree.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Estraysian posted:

What happens if you kill all 3 bandits now?

Two skill points.

Anyone know when keys for buying a supporter pack go out?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Immediately

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I would guess the Kraitlyn reward will be most taken in SC, and Oak in HC. The Alira one is way more niche. That or Kraitlyn when leveling and swap to Alira later when you use skills to move more and stack crit more.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Good bye warehouses.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Bugsy posted:

Good bye warehouses.

Wait, really? Even with the body trick, gently caress that area.

theshim
May 1, 2012

apparently MoM works with RF now :supaburn:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Akumos posted:

I would guess the Kraitlyn reward will be most taken in SC, and Oak in HC. The Alira one is way more niche. That or Kraitlyn when leveling and swap to Alira later when you use skills to move more and stack crit more.

There's no way I'm going to spend 20 regrets to respec some extra goodies for leveling. Unless they drop the price down that's a huge waste.

nerox
May 20, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Immediately

I bought the $30 pack and still don't have my key...

panda clue
May 23, 2014

nerox posted:

I bought the $30 pack and still don't have my key...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1907253

I purchased a Fall of Oriath Supporter Pack and have not received my Beta Key.
If you have not received an email with your Beta key details, please log in to the Path of Exile website and check your PMs. If you do not find a PM here, you can also check in your account transactions page where your Beta key will be listed, which can then be redeemed on the account key redemption page here: https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/redeem-key

To access your transaction page please go to 'My Account' > 'Account Transactions' on the website.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

If you want into the Beta Guild do the same poo poo as usual, except I'm the only officer online at the moment. Message BetaBlazer in game w/ the text not again and I'll invite you

regulargonzalez posted:

Set up a guild for beta since regular guild didn't carry over. Msg me ingame rgz_MrJackpots

Are you in IRC or do you plan on being active through the whole beta to keep track of it?

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 8, 2017

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Never change GGG lol

https://clips.twitch.tv/VastMoldyBeefFreakinStinkin

theshim
May 1, 2012

All those jokes about Hillock being the true final boss may not have been true, but this is a pleasant compromise.

Kill 'em good.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Haven't had time to pay a ton of attention to beta info, but how changed are things class-wise? Am I going to be fine taking a build off of the forums to start with for now? Any suggestions on a decent starting class / build?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

apparently its been in game for a while, and I never knew it. big woop

nerox
May 20, 2001

panda clue posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1907253

I purchased a Fall of Oriath Supporter Pack and have not received my Beta Key.
If you have not received an email with your Beta key details, please log in to the Path of Exile website and check your PMs. If you do not find a PM here, you can also check in your account transactions page where your Beta key will be listed, which can then be redeemed on the account key redemption page here: https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/redeem-key

To access your transaction page please go to 'My Account' > 'Account Transactions' on the website.

Thanks, found it in my account transaction page.

The new map and minimap is a really nice quality of life change.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
You can see some of the new support gems that ggg has created on the beta client here(scroll to the bottom and work your way up, not sure if theyre enabled yet.

I kinda hope this one is just to troll dataminers

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Skyl3lazer posted:

If you want into the Beta Guild do the same poo poo as usual, except I'm the only officer online at the moment. Message BetaBlazer in game w/ the text not again and I'll invite you

Are you in IRC or do you plan on being active through the whole beta to keep track of it?

Wait, you're in my guild I think? We can do the standard one, w/e. We'll have stash space then

• Locked thread