Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I think the throwing knives should have a slowing effect on them. Maybe a damage over time effect as well. I'm not sure how much damage they do as of now but they really don't seem that great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I think the throwing knives should have a slowing effect on them. Maybe a damage over time effect as well. I'm not sure how much damage they do as of now but they really don't seem that great.

I'm sorry, I saw your name and thought it said 'HOOLY BOOTY' and I was confused why you didn't have a Tiffany av

Tonight was a first bad Jason night for me. The two or three games of him so far went well, but tonight I went 3/8 :(

Shift is hard to get used to.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
I don't enjoy playing as or against 3...yet I do? He's such a classic. I think I really prefer part 6 Jason, and 7 is so rare to me that I love when it's him. I keep my Jason preference on random so mainly 3 and 6. I played as 2 one time and did okay. Being a counselor against 2, 8, and 9 don't work out for me at all. Especially 9 for some reason. I am talking drat near instant death, and I don't know why.

I have been a sneaky Chad the past few days, not really screwing anyone over as much as just being opportunistic and if help or helping benefits me, so be it.i often find myself as the last survivor though in a lot of matches and heh, The Chad just isn't cut out for that role. At all.

Also, the intro scene with baghead jason...man, he just looks so loving pissed

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

they do the same damage as a weapon swing. stick a counselor with two, if they don't have thick skin, and they'll slow down a lot.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yeah, what exactly did the shop keepers do?
That is up there with "Why did the dog commit suicide?".

Trivia:
The snake that got chopped in the first movie was a real one. You just saw a real animal get brutally murdered on the big screen.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Scalding Coffee posted:

That is up there with "Why did the dog commit suicide?".

Trivia:
The snake that got chopped in the first movie was a real one. You just saw a real animal get brutally murdered on the big screen.

Oh drat, didnt know that.

And as soon as I mention a lovely Jason night I go 8/8.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I seem to have gotten worse once I got some experience with the game, when I first started out and didn't really know what was going on I guess I was just going with the flow instead of overthinking things or something. I even seemed to be doing better as Jason at first, what the hell :psyduck:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Forgot about the paintball scene in part 6.

And the pringles can laser sight on the dumb cop's gun.

This movie is goofy as poo poo.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Forgot about the paintball scene in part 6.

And the pringles can laser sight on the dumb cop's gun.

This movie is goofy as poo poo.

I watched it Monday night all the way through for the first time in 20 years. All I had remembered was the intro, the paintball scene, and "he's in the can, draining his lizard."

Seeing it again reminded me how great the movie is

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

McSpanky posted:

I seem to have gotten worse once I got some experience with the game, when I first started out and didn't really know what was going on I guess I was just going with the flow instead of overthinking things or something. I even seemed to be doing better as Jason at first, what the hell :psyduck:

Probably has more to do with people getting better at counselor than you getting worse as Jason.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I've seen people saying cutting the power to the cabin doesn't stop the phone from working but I'm 99% sure that did happen to me once when I was mid-call and Jason even remarked on it. I wish they'd get some more bugfix patches out because it's hard to tell whether some things work in a slightly inconsistent way or whether the game is just buggy still.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Oh that poor Jason. Cops showed up and in the span of about 20 seconds he was pocket knifed > firecrackered > shot > flared > pocket knifed again as six dudes made it through him to safety one by one.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Republicans posted:

Oh that poor Jason. Cops showed up and in the span of about 20 seconds he was pocket knifed > firecrackered > shot > flared > pocket knifed again as six dudes made it through him to safety one by one.

"Jason is overpowered" is my favorite game criticism meme.

I played about an hour ago and 4 Buggzy's, 2 Adams, and AJ were treating Jason like the copy machine from Office Space.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

That said throwing firecrackers on Jason after you knife him is pretty funny and effective.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I played about an hour ago and 4 Buggzy's, 2 Adams, and AJ were treating Jason like the copy machine from Office Space.

Yea Jason isn't OP at all. Kinda funny people still calling for a nerd. His grab is like 90 degree cone and once you know how to effectively stay tight around Jason, you can easily juke the grabs. Better if you have a weapon, which is like 120 degree cone.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I watched once as properly perked buggsy and adam clowned on a jason 9 in the wide open target practice area for a good 4 minutes until the jason finally gave up and morphed out.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm just a dumb pub player but with even a modicum of communication you can stomp on Jason hard for a long while. I've been part of some hilarious Jason beatdowns that last for almost the whole match. I really should start playing with goons though.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hi, I've been away a while. Still the same old game? Any dope meta or updates or announcements?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

weekly font posted:

Hi, I've been away a while. Still the same old game? Any dope meta or updates or announcements?

Apparently griefers can log in to your game account and delete your perks. I've been too scared to play since they announced that...

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Got my first Epic perk!

It's Aquanaut.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Carebearz posted:

that's because salty nerds are mad they can't buy the exclusive backer content as DLC.

What's the exclusive backer content? I backed pretty early and I don't remember.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Apparently griefers can log in to your game account and delete your perks. I've been too scared to play since they announced that...

uh wat

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/1291817837635693694/

I don't think they've released a fix yet.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Saw a Part 8 get up almost immediately after being shot. I guess macro programs that mash E every millisecond for you work.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

I thought about the spawns, and I think this covers it:

- Indoor Floor Spawns: Battery, Gas, Beartraps, Melee weapons (I think)
- Outdoor Floor Spawns: Sticks/Branches
- Fireplace Spawns: Melee Weapons
- On top of tables/desks/shelves: Melee Weapons, Flare Gun, Shotgun, Propeller
- Drawer Spawns: First Aid, Firecrackers, Pocket knives, Keys, Fuse

Special Spawns:

- Packanack Lodge always has a shotgun on the couch in front of the fireplace
- Bathrooms will only spawn first aid sprays
- The barn in Higgin's Haven can spawn a shotgun on the floor
- Jason's Cabin of course always has the sweater

found out today the propeller can spawn in the bathroom on the shelves

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

TheAnomaly posted:

found out today the propeller can spawn in the bathroom on the shelves

God drat it I've been avoiding bathrooms.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

scrubs season six posted:

What's the exclusive backer content? I backed pretty early and I don't remember.

Savini Jason

Realistically though, I've seen more salty nerd tears over the short window people could buy him on PSN whining about " :qq: My bakker sclusivity :qq:", but don't let that stop people like CareBearZ.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

A. Beaverhausen posted:

God drat it I've been avoiding bathrooms.
That is where the sprays are. Make a last stand jumping though all the broken windows and annoy Jason.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah you should really be checking bathrooms anyway because medicine is in there. there's basically no excuse to not have medicine by the time Jason gets Shift, and having medicine is a big deal for flexibility when running away from him.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Scalding Coffee posted:

That is where the sprays are. Make a last stand jumping though all the broken windows and annoy Jason.

Oh yeah, I have perks to start with a med spray and another one that gives me two uses per spray. I just thought that was all that spawned there. Realistically I get use from about two sprays per game, but the variables for that are abounding.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.
I present to you, a story in five parts (thanks for clipping this off Jade's stream, Dev)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

At Pakanack Lodge there's a cabin with one entrance at the top of some stairs. The kid I was playing with crashed his car into the foot of the stairs and I ran into the cabin. Jason couldn't get past the car. Felt a little cheap standing on the balcony of that place watching Jason go nuts but gently caress it, I lived.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Just saw some guy standing on some rock that I couldn't target as Jason. Way out in the water and he wasn't quite standing on it but also couldn't get on it myself, I think that's the first exploit I've seen so far.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Axetrain posted:

Just saw some guy standing on some rock that I couldn't target as Jason. Way out in the water and he wasn't quite standing on it but also couldn't get on it myself, I think that's the first exploit I've seen so far.

Had the same thing happen to me, sucks.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Why is it that every host quits as soon as i'm about to win as Jason :sigh: This is twice now where i've murdered everybody in a single lobby and host quits right before they die.

I also wish the game made more of a deal of getting character unlocks, i just now realising that i had Part 7 Jason and Bugsy and i had no freaking clue until i was looking through my customization options.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 8, 2017

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Axetrain posted:

I hid in a tent to regain stamina and ended up glitching through the ground and being stuck in the tent. It was pretty funny watching Jason repeatedly check it, us both unable to do anything until he got me with a grab.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Why is it that every host quits as soon as i'm about to win as Jason :sigh: This is twice now where i've murdered everybody in a single lobby and host quits right before they die.

I also wish the game made more of a deal of getting character unlocks, i just now realising that i had Part 7 Jason and Bugsy and i had no freaking clue until i was looking through my customization options.

(Some) Reasons people quit:
  • They saw Jason pants that was not theirs.
  • They died too quickly and figure it's more efficient to get to the next game.
  • They were deep enough into the match where they anticipated surviving, but didn't.
  • You grabbed them.
  • You hit them.
  • You trapped them.
  • You knifed them.
  • You looked in their direction.
  • They're Chad IRL.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Because they stupidly made the console versions P2P and the improved matchmaking has given hosts an excuse to be more of a dick when they die and just move on to the next game.

It feels like this is bad even for P2P. Don't games these days automatically switch hosts if the original quits? I could have sworn that was a thing.

It's sad that the bad matchmaking was what incentivized hosts to allow people to complete the game. No one would dare quit and risk having to wait half an hour for the next game. Maybe they should unfix the matchmaking.

I feel like this is going to get much, much worse before it gets better. I still feel like Gun doesn't have their poo poo together on multiple levels. This poo poo should have been figured out during the beta. I feel like we're playing a beta right now.

...! fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jun 8, 2017

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I think my solution is going to be to take note of who the host is in the lobby and kill them last. There are going to be some hosts who feel like super badasses when I -- as Jason -- run the gently caress away from them every time I see them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

I almost managed to 8/8 with a unique environmental kill for each person, but I screwed up by using up window kill too early. I ended up giving a second swirlie out to the last person because they wouldn't leave the car and that was the best duplicate kill that was nearby.

• Locked thread