Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You need to hold triangle and use the D pad for weapons

You can click triangle to quick swap weapons. The only thing I needed to use the menu that you are referring to as far as Ive played (2 rounds) is to use melee weapons, and Im sure there is a hot key for that.

Seedge posted:

Not in USA and if you've ever had PS+ it's also no.

Well poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I did the tutorial last night and got a bit put off.
The controls are a bit poo poo too. Having to use the D pad to select items WHILE holding another button is really bad.

Every other FPS feels sluggish as hell to me after 7 months of Titanfall 2. I hope it didn't ruin the genre for me by being so good.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I don't really care about the control scheme of Killing Floor 2 but for gently caress's sake who releases a game in 2017 for a console where the text is so small that you have to be glued to your TV to read it? God forbid people play console games on their living room couch at a reasonable distance from a television.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

glam rock hamhock posted:

Not sure if it's been posted but it looks like Dissidia is finally leaving the realm of portables:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpgPiwURMM
The graphics make it look like it's just a port though.

Edit: apparently it's a port of the never released in the west arcade game.

Has an FF game ever come out undubbed in the past?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Killing Floor 2 is pretty rad so I'm glad I got to get it through PS+, but I'm having a difficult time finding online matches in a timely manner. I guess because it's split up between US East, West and Central. No clue which one stays more populated. Any advice on that so I can get into matches quicker?

Edit: Oh I'm getting Connection Failed Server is already at capacity so I guess I just can't matchmake at all.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 7, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Montalvo posted:

I don't really care about the control scheme of Killing Floor 2 but for gently caress's sake who releases a game in 2017 for a console where the text is so small that you have to be glued to your TV to read it? God forbid people play console games on their living room couch at a reasonable distance from a television.

Have you played Sleeping Dogs on PS4??

Jesus Christ the subtitles are so small

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I guess now we see why they ended up giving it away as a PS+ title. :v:

But seriously I already know I'm not going to be spending money on these drat crates.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Szurumbur posted:

I could just look, but I figure someone had to deal with the same problem - I might buying a PSPro, due to the Boost Mode and larger HDD, and the possibility of getting a better TV in the future. But I'd like to know if there's a way of deactivating the PS4 from the system itself, as I'll most likely sell it - I'd wager it's in the same menu that the activation option is in, but who knows.
Yeah, you can unset it as your primary or you can do it from the internet. You'd probably want to format the drive and do a clean install of the OS if you're selling it to be safe.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Have you played Sleeping Dogs on PS4??

Jesus Christ the subtitles are so small

I've enabled the option to zoom in when pressing the Home button + square (or whatever that is, I forget) and it makes slow-paced games manageable; like I can stop to read a journal in the Witcher 3 or whatever, but I don't think my teammates are going to appreciate me having them wait 2 minutes while I zoom in and read the stats on a new gun like some loving octogenarian

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
UI/Text size should be mandatory in the options menu. Since a lot of you need the text bigger for playing on your couch, and I usually want my UI smaller so it doesn't feel like a cluster gently caress when I play from my desk.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

If the text is too small, why don't you just buy this TV? Pretty easy solution here!

Did they ever patch Skyrim SE for the PS4 Pro so it doesn't run worse than the standard version?

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 8, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
any word on KF2 on PS4 I can't remember anything in regards to the PS4 version

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My finished basement is where my office is. My office is where my PS4 Pro is. It's on top of a cabinet thing, not enclosed at all.

It's been hot here.. like 80+ degrees... but today was mid-70's. That said, my basement stays much cooler (like 60-68 on a hot day.)

Playing Wipeout Omega, my Pro gets loving LOUD. Like, I've barely ever heard it before in what, 8-9 months of ownership?

Is anyone else getting this with Wipeout O or what? :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Clean it

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Bummer, the Wipeout digital predorder doesn't get you these themes, at least not in the US

Okay, I must have these.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Could be. It literally went from silent to super noisy in the last 2 days so I just wondered if it was the temps or Wipeout. But a cleaning never hurt nobody.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

verbal enema posted:

any word on KF2 on PS4 I can't remember anything in regards to the PS4 version

it's perfectly fine. idk how it compares to pc but the ps4 version runs alright

if you like coop horde modes, kf2 is a solid one

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's perfectly fine. idk how it compares to pc but the ps4 version runs alright

if you like coop horde modes, kf2 is a solid one

It's p good I gave it a try I think I like it better on PS4

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
In news that should shock no one, Shenmue 3 has been delayed and also water is wet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Did it have a release date??

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Did it have a release date??

Holiday 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How many people are actually going to buy Shenmue 3? I'm sure it has a number of hardcore fans with only the most beautiful memories about the first two games and they will buy like ten copies each but other than that...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

How many people are actually going to buy Shenmue 3? I'm sure it has a number of hardcore fans with only the most beautiful memories about the first two games and they will buy like ten copies each but other than that...

Yo

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was super into Shenmue back in the day, so I backed the KS knowing good and drat well it would be delayed. Yu makes great games, but he can't manage a schedule or a budget for poo poo.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So I played a good bit of Killing Floor 2 yesterday, and I'm playing some more today. I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. I think it's a good game, fun to play. The animations are pretty drat good. I haven't noticed much in the way of performance problems even in the most hectic situations.

Although the biggest problem is that it's kinda technically broken. My second match had an infinite loading screen I had to close out of. A little after that I had the game freeze as soon as I joined the lobby. And I've had a lot of issues finding games through matchmaking until I told it to not allow in-progress games. I'm unsure how much I care about having to queue up for a specific region instead of just ticking boxes to allow it to accept matches from US west, east or central. Since it doesn't tell you how many players are on a given server you just have to try matchmaking on one, give up and then switch to another until you find a match.

Pubbies are okay too, at least on Normal. For matches to start everyone has to ready up or wait like 2 minutes for it to auto-start. Some pubbies are just too oblivious to ready up, and others are impatient and will leave if someone isn't readying up. Sometimes pubbies will rage quit on death, especially on the boss. Kinda wish there was a "Down but not out" state mechanic in the game to be able to revive teammates like Left 4 Dead, or revive them from range if you're using medic guns. Especially on The Patriarch, one of the bosses that can one-shot you if you aren't paying attention to his attack tells.

I think I'll play a fair amount of KF2, at least until I level up every perk to max and maybe get a fair amount of trophies. I got to play a match with a fellow Destiny goon and it's definitely fun to play with friends on comms. Hey, for a PS+ title you can do a lot worse, so I say give it a shot. Wouldn't recommend buying keys to open their loot boxes. It just feels kinda scummy. I'm not a fan of RNG loot boxes, especially ones that make you pay for them.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I feel like I need to go back and play the first two games if I want to get into the third. So many drat games I never heard about before becoming a goon, and before I started playing on Playstation, like the Yakuza games, that I want to play eventually.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

You could probably look at the Kickstarter backer numbers and get a good idea there

Edit: nearly 70k backers

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Greetings.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I love Shenmue but if it sells more than 500k I'd be impressed. It's definitely not a game for everyone.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I love Shenmue but if it sells more than 500k I'd be impressed. It's definitely not a game for everyone.

Yeah, it's super niche. Maybe if they released Shenmue 1 and 2 prior to Shenmue 3 it might do better, but I doubt it. When they announced the KS I was super hype but my wife was completely in the dark about why it was a big deal to me, so I fired up the Dreamcast to show her Shenmue 1.

It has aged terribly. The game is still fun as hell, but the graphics and the camera and the voice acting are dated as gently caress.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Me

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sega and Yu Suzuki have been trying for ages to work out a Shenmue 1&2 HD thing. I imagine when the game gets closer to release Sega will put something out.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Shemue 3 will be overshadowed by the release of the FF7 Remake on PS6 in 2025.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd be surprised if shenmue 3 sold well, tho I doubt sony particularly cares about that. it was more a goodwill gesture to get people to like them

I have zero interest in it personally but it's cool it finally is getting made

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Morby posted:

Shemue 3 will be overshadowed by the release of the FF7 Remake on PS6 in 2025.

Episode 1 of 6 in Regards to FFVII

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
It's been years since I've played it, but I've long considered Shenmue II my favorite game ever. I don't even remember why I liked it so much. It just felt so... magical. I don't imagine the games have aged well and I remember people lashing out against the voice acting/controls when the games were new, so I don't imagine HD remasters will win over many new fans. The series still holds a special place in my hardened heart, and I can't wait to see how III turns out.

turnip kid fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 8, 2017

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Samurai Sanders posted:

In a post-Yakuza world there is no need for another Shenmue, it's already bettered it in every way.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People say that but Yakuza only covers a very narrow slice of what Shenmue fans truly enjoy, which is doing mundane labor for minimum wage and rifling through people's belongings.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
There's no comparison. I've only completed the first Yakuza and played bits of the second one, but I didn't enjoy them anywhere near as much as I enjoyed Shenmue II. I guess things have changed in the last decade, but it's a totally different style of game.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Sweet a Windjammers beta code and a Dreadnought code!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

Sega and Yu Suzuki have been trying for ages to work out a Shenmue 1&2 HD thing. I imagine when the game gets closer to release Sega will put something out.

Shenmue 1&2 getting a rerelease really needs to be A Thing sooner rather than later if they want any chance of decent sales out of Shenmue 3. The place Shenmue 2 stops does not make for a good entry point for new players, nevermind the fact that you'd need a Dreamcast and potentially an Xbox to play them (if you're in the US).