Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

E2M2 posted:

Man I thought with the Finals actually happening that the NBA fanfic hot takes would stop

Why would you stop now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Honestly think the Warriors could still close this one out if like Curry and Klay both somehow went down

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Niwrad posted:

I think they still win 1 of the next 4 without Curry.

I doubt it. Partly because Curry makes so many 3's and basically forces the Cavs to double-team off-ball every single possession and partly because he's probably their best or 2nd best rebounder and screener.

Livingston can't play for 30+ minutes and Ian Clark is literally the worst defender in the entire finals rosters.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

lol loving hell dude winning four straight against any team in the playoffs is difficult. Cavs wouldn't be able to do it even absent Curry

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

He was the vital piece of what's probably the greatest team of all time. That is independent of whatever weak rear end take you throw out because you're butthurt he left fashion show ballhog Russ

Blame the nbapa and the league for loving up the revenue calcs and allowing this to happen if you wanna get mad.

Lebron didn't win anything without his banana boat buddies or a playing for a team that had a ton of #1 picks. Who cares, Lebron is incredible.

i'm only butthurt that he ruined the west. you know, the good part of basketball.

there'd be like 4-6 potential championship teams in the west if he stayed in OKC. still plenty if he went out east.

instead he joined the warriors and now what would have been exciting and interesting playoff basketball has become incredibly boring and routine.

a 16-0 sweep through the playoffs isn't very interesting to me. its incredibly boring.

frankly i don't give two shits about kevin durant or his career. i care about watching good, competitive basketball and his action have had an undeniable impact on that

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

RaySmuckles posted:

i'm only butthurt that he ruined the west. you know, the good part of basketball.

there'd be like 4-6 potential championship teams in the west if he stayed in OKC. still plenty if he went out east.

instead he joined the warriors and now what would have been exciting and interesting playoff basketball has become incredibly boring and routine.

a 16-0 sweep through the playoffs isn't very interesting to me. its incredibly boring.

frankly i don't give two shits about kevin durant or his career. i care about watching good, competitive basketball and his action have had an undeniable impact on that

Today's game was extremely good and competitive and pushed KD to play his absolute best. Not seeing an issue here. Sounds like you're butthurt and caremad.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This game made it clear that you can't un see Durant's warped rear end dome

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Today's game was extremely good and competitive and pushed KD to play his absolute best. Not seeing an issue here.

today's game was ok at best. the cavs were given every advantage and still could barely make the game even.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Sounds like you're butthurt and caremad.

ok, random internet guy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What advantage.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

BWV posted:

This game made it clear that you can't un see Durant's warped rear end dome

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Going to register a RealGM account this offseason to find out what kind of fanfic team would go 98-0. I know it can be done, really simple actually.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

What advantage.

the game thread is full of people talking about how favorably the game was being called in the cavs' favor.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

It's okay cause next season it will be spurs okc wcf as it should be

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Any chance West retires this year? Tired of looking at that dude

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm not discounting, that's the whole point. Everyone is hurt or hurting or whatever at his stage. And you play what's in front of you.

Well, sometimes you start getting blown out by what's in front of you and decide to change what's in front of you.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I felt the refs were fine. They made some poo poo calls but it seemed to go both ways. A lot of plays that looked bad at the time (Igoudal block) seemed fine/much closer on replay. The fact that Draymond still gets away with being the biggest loving baby is still amazing. Sure, he finally got a T but it basically required him to whip his balls out and put them on the refs shoulder.
Cavs lost b/c they missed good 3s and forgot to play transition D multiple times in the last 2 minutes

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

the game thread is full of people talking about how favorably the game was being called in the cavs' favor.

Never listen to goons about refs they are always biased against someone.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

BWV posted:

I felt the refs were fine. They made some poo poo calls but it seemed to go both ways. A lot of plays that looked bad at the time (Igoudal block) seemed fine/much closer on replay. The fact that Draymond still gets away with being the biggest loving baby is still amazing. Sure, he finally got a T but it basically required him to whip his balls out and put them on the refs shoulder.
Cavs lost b/c they missed good 3s and forgot to play transition D multiple times in the last 2 minutes

I continue to be seriously baffled by this. Like this is not superstar call poo poo, this is a single dude that is literally reffed differently than any other player. Is it some sort of league decree because they know he'll just get suspended too much?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

Never listen to goons about refs they are always biased against someone.

i think it was a biased calling of a game and i've probably watched over 120+ games this year

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

CharlestheHammer posted:

Never listen to goons

uh except this one i guess, right now, and me

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

illcendiary posted:

I continue to be seriously baffled by this. Like this is not superstar call poo poo, this is a single dude that is literally reffed differently than any other player. Is it some sort of league decree because they know he'll just get suspended too much?

because calling him like boogie would break the warriors team hype and the warriors are great for the nba as a business

i mean, for fucks sake the said they wouldn't suspend him last year against OKC for "basketball reasons"

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

illcendiary posted:

ashen gray dicks is an incredible class trait that makes you immune to league action

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I did think it seemed like calls that weren't going the cavs way in game 1 and 2 did go their way in game 3

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

This is quality.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Welp, missed the entirety of the best game of the playoffs :(

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah Spurs-Rockets Game 5 was fully sick

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

The Glumslinger posted:

At least this way you regret an evening, not life itself.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Don't worry, assuming you're a good person, game two of Bulls/Celtics is on repeat in heaven.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

illcendiary posted:

I can only guess what he's saying is really incongruous with his demeanor. Like on tv he looks like he's about to physically beat a ref, aggressively in their faces and all but he's actually saying 'now I really disagree with that call sir I would like an explantion!'

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

I'll say this and I mean it, if the warriors don't sweep Steve Kerr should be demoted and Mike Brown promoted to HC. Its only fair

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Ammanas posted:

I can only guess what he's saying is really incongruous with his demeanor. Like on tv he looks like he's about to physically beat a ref, aggressively in their faces and all but he's actually saying 'now I really disagree with that call sir I would like an explantion!'

Except like a third of the time you can hear him yell "that's loving bullshit" or some variation thereof

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
This is good poo poo

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

illcendiary posted:

Except like a third of the time you can hear him yell "that's loving bullshit" or some variation thereof

Yeah dude I really don't get it either, he's mouthy and belligerent and get away with it a lot. His coaches don't seem interested in correcting his behavior either

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ammanas posted:

Yeah dude I really don't get it either, he's mouthy and belligerent and get away with it a lot. His coaches don't seem interested in correcting his behavior either

what is there not to get?

he's a popular player on the most popular team in the league. penalizing him regularly would damage the team he's on which would be bad for business.

i'm surprised other teams don't have their players mouth off to officials more when they play the dubs, daring them to set a standard for acceptable behavior.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Iggy got his revenge tonight. So sweet.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

RaySmuckles posted:

what is there not to get?

he's a popular player on the most popular team in the league. penalizing him regularly would damage the team he's on which would be bad for business.

i'm surprised other teams don't have their players mouth off to officials more when they play the dubs, daring them to set a standard for acceptable behavior.

Because the refs are generally maniacal assholes who love to get into players poo poo with rules

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Curry had 5 ORBs and 8 DRBs. He's never done something like that. So much championship hunger.

Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Iman Shumpert, Richard Jefferson and Deron Williams go 1for19 from 3P range. Cost the Cavaliers the game and LBJs ninth finals TD.

8 TDs:
LeBron James
Magic Johnson

2 TDs:
Larry Bird
Wilt Chamberlain
Bob Cousy
Walt Frazier
Bill Russell

1 TD:
Charles Barkley
Elgin Baylor
Dave Cowens
Stephen Curry
Tim Duncan
Draymond Green
Jason Kidd
Scottie Pippen
Rajon Rondo
Wes Unseld
Jerry West
James Worthy

Paul Zuvella posted:

Paul Pierce is on TV right now saying that the "cavaliers are not an efficient offense"

They are loving 3rd is ORTG what the gently caress are you on?

JVG said something about the Cavaliers shouldn't be taking threes. They're #1 this past year in that department.

NickRoweFillea posted:

*sees a team with the greatest shooter of all time, the pbs logo, a egg suckin snake, and donkey from shrek evaporate an entire league*

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ammanas posted:

Because the refs are generally maniacal assholes who love to get into players poo poo with rules

From what local reporters have said, the refs give Draymond a huge amount of leeway because he's so respected.

• Locked thread