Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

So they did tap him up lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
They must have been caught doing something to have to grovel like that.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Xabi posted:

Liverpool are no longer interested in Van Dijk and I'm glad cos I never wanted him anyway...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/265720-liverpool-fc-statement

"No longer interested" is how you're going to sum up that embarassing groveling statement? :cawg: They must be terrified of a transfer ban.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Kill me

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

We are a disgrace and an embarrassment. For fucks sake.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Klopp just favorited a Howson tweet suggesting he would like to play CB one day.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Van Dijk will be sold somewhere but at least it's happening in a comical way.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Van dijk is really loving good

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Considering they didn't apologise for forcing local people out of their homes to extend a carpark, they must have landed themselves right in it here.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
They paved paradise op, and put up a parking lot.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Is there actually any bite to a tapping up penalty? I thought it was usually just a fine that's insignificant in terms of these clubs.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

blue footed boobie posted:

Is there actually any bite to a tapping up penalty? I thought it was usually just a fine that's insignificant in terms of these clubs.

Clubs can be barred from registering players for up to several transfer windows.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Southampton want to sell him for more money to City, I reckon, and actually called Liverpool on the tapping up so they'd have to back out

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Celtic would have been due like at least 10% of that transfer fee as well :negative:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Ultimate seethe by someone called 'Smiddy' on Football365:

quote:

“Pointless, petty, pathetic” Saints
Is there a more pointless, petty, pathetic football club than Southampton?

Gossip: “Lots of clubs want Van Dijk”

Southampton: *silence*

Gossip: “Chelsea, City and Liverpool lead race for Van Dijk”

Gossip: “Arsenal have entered the race for Van Dijk and made an offer to the player”

Gossip: “Man City have won the race for Van Dijk and have offered him a £200k per week deal”

Gossip: “Van Dijk has decided he actually wants to move to Liverpool”

Southampton: “WAHHH!!! REPORT THEM, REPORT THEM!!! THEY KEEP SIGNING OUR PLAYERS!!!! WAHHH!!!”

On the day that Evertons Romelu Lakaku says he “has an agreement” with his new club for example, and in these times of contiunal football gossip (“such and such a club has agreed a deal with such and such a player”), are we really going to pretend that clubs and players dont talk?

In everything Southampton do they are the absolute epitome of classic small club mentality. Genuinely pathetic. A club that in recent years has become a regular PL team, has moved to a new stadium, has made literally hundreds and hudreds of millions of pounds from tv deals, sponsership and transfer fees….yet still acts like little old Southampton.

What they and their sad little fans fail to realise is that its a self fulfulling prophecy. Just look at the players they’ve lost over the years. Bale, Shaw, Clyne, Walcott, Lallana, Mane to name but a few. They’ve had Ronald Koeman and Mauricio Pochettino in charge. Yet because of their small time mentality, they’ve lost them all. If the club had actually behaved correctly and more fitting of a PL club, theres a decent chance they’d have kept a lot of them. But if you’re a player or manager there seeing the club constantly moaning and complaining, and acting like a competition winner who actually belongs in League 1, then you’re naturally going to think “why am I wasting my time here?”.

Maybe with a different mindset they might have actually won more than the one paltry FA Cup they have (in 131 years of existence!). But then again, their club legend is a player who was too lazy, too comfortable, and too scared to ever bother testing himself at the highest level and stayed there for his entire career (albeit scoring a couple of decent goals along the way), so I guess that small time mentaility is ingrained in the club.
Smiddy (in before the “if we’re so average, how come Liverpool couldnt beat us last season” crowd….another example of their small club mentality!)

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Who the hell likes Liverpool? Embarrassment of a club.

Edit: it would be very Liverpool if the league doesn't drop this after the apology and this ends up completely derailing summer recruitment.

If FSG aren't complete mugs, Michael Edwards should be very worried about his job. They are though, so I suspect no one has learned anything from this.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 7, 2017

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Every court needs a jester.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Healbot posted:

Clubs can be barred from registering players for up to several transfer windows.

That has to be for repeated violations though, right? Iirc Chelsea only got a fine for tapping up Ashley Cole in public.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That has to be for repeated violations though, right? Iirc Chelsea only got a fine for tapping up Ashley Cole in public.

Not if the tapping happened behind the scenes, in that the club directly interacted with the player and/or his agent without the clubs consent and/or knowledge.

The apology is basically Liverpool admitting they did this and trying to go back on Southamptons good side.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I'd rather live in Liverpool than Southampton, Southampton's shite.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Hoops posted:

Yeah but you can live in sandbanks and commute. Liverpool's so poo poo even the club hate it and have actively tried to destroy the community around anfield

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Hoops posted:

it isnt

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

sassassin posted:

He's not going to China

https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/872583110109667333

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/07/diego-costa-chelsea-antonio-conte-not-wanted

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think it'd be a more prudent and efficient move to disband Liverpool Football Club.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Sign him up Wengy.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Sign him up Wengy.

Wengy should sign Pepe on a free, too

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Di Marzio is saying that now Milan are going to sign Keita Balde from Lazio, who is good and probably still would be at Barca if they didn't like him pulling a prank at La Masia.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Vegetable posted:

How good is the new Bosnian defender that Arsenal signed? Because they got him on a free transfer and you'd think if he was any good a bigger team would have swooped for him.

he loving sucks and he scored a retarded own goal in the world cup

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

he loving sucks and he scored a retarded own goal in the world cup

come on man you can't just say that and not post the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQVdf1qxtPg

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Thats a great autogoal

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

that was a very arsenal goal, he'll fit right in

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I don't understand why Wenger is apparently after Mbappe for all the millions when he could have Belotti for £87m (I know he won't spend that money on any player this is all theoretical)

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

He's not French enough

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich are signing Bosnian international midfielder Mario Vrancic from Darmstadt. Our 3rd signing of the window already are other teams even trying?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Looks like the premier league yugoslavia XI is filling up nicely

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Blue Star Error posted:

Norwich are signing Bosnian international midfielder Mario Vrancic from Darmstadt. Our 3rd signing of the window already are other teams even trying?
Liverpool have been trying very hard TBF so there's no need for that.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

James Olley of the Standard says Bellerin isn't actively seeking a transfer and the Barca bid is just their usual poo poo stirring.

e: Additionally, Bellerin sent a cagey tweet implying it was bullshit and his agent called it false as well.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I don't understand why Wenger is apparently after Mbappe for all the millions when he could have Belotti for £87m (I know he won't spend that money on any player this is all theoretical)

Arsenal was good with the old Henry
Mbappe is believed to be 'the new Henry'
Arsenal signs Mbappe and then Arsenal is good again

But really Arsenal just has to get the word out that they're pursuing this player or that so they can look like they're serious about improving the team without having to spend shitloads of money. Kroenke would approve.

• Locked thread