Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

rage-saq posted:

So there I was running a solo pubg drop, finishing my initial loot run and the driving across the map in a buggy to get into fighting position when I encounter some dudes in dacias driving around near me, what happens next made me speechless

He drove to your left hand side, hit ctrl+2 and blasted ya?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Willfrey posted:

He drove to your left hand side, hit ctrl+2 and blasted ya?

Yes. It was pure pubg.jpg
"Ok, I need to move around these cars and find a good place to stop to try and fight back before....... whaaaaat?"

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
That's loving awesome.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
suppressors are the tits and let you be an aggressive shithead with near impunity

I love them

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Got my first chicken dinner since the wipe on my third (solo) squad game today.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

What was the reason behind resetting the leaderboards and wiping everyone's stats?

nmagness
Sep 16, 2013

VulgarandStupid posted:

It has damage only second to the AWM, how is it low damage?

I looked up the charts and you're right. I could swear that there was a bolt sticking out of the motorcycle helmet of a guy who had to be finished off with a shotgun.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Gunder posted:

What was the reason behind resetting the leaderboards and wiping everyone's stats?

PlayerUnknown was upset with how elitist and stat obsessed the discord became.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
My buddy and I accidentally did a duo match in squads and were really confused after the first 5 or so guys we took down. Ended up getting 12 kills between us and got hyper screwed by the circles, but good times were had even after he went down from a head shot and I had to chase down a circle on my own and could only kill 2 out 3 of the guys watching my side. 10/10 would relog into the game still squaded up from the night before.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Bring squad idiots in and use them at loot collectors

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why can't I stop playing this game

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
it's a good game

had another duo win last night after a hard fought school drop. it really feels like duo is the easiest to win but that's probably because my buddy and i are the best two players out of our entire squad group.

neither of us are good enough to get consistent solo wins, though i should probably try it again since it'll probably be a lot easier due to the leaderboard reset

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I wish there was a practice range so I could just practice shooting different guns at different ranges

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Unofficial damages data mined by pubg.me

https://pubg.me/blog/post/official-stats-for-every-weapon-in-playerunknown-s-battlegrounds

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
NEW TECH DISCOVERED

drive through the tunnels in a dacia

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ImPureAwesome posted:

I wish there was a practice range so I could just practice shooting different guns at different ranges

Moving targets, too.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Agoat posted:

NEW TECH DISCOVERED

drive through the tunnels in a dacia

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
by the way they confirmed in the new official FAQ that matchmaking is implemented (and also that ballistics mask is purely cosmetic)

quote:

Is there skill based matchmaking?

Yes. An early version of our skill-based matchmaking system is already in the game.

i think most winning players already knew this since the games before/after the leaderboard reset were drastically different in terms of difficulty, but there you go, confirmation

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wow, so the UMP is superior to the Vector? I feel like the mentality was very much the opposite.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Inspector_666 posted:

Wow, so the UMP is superior to the Vector? I feel like the mentality was very much the opposite.

peep the "time between shots" stat

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Zo posted:

peep the "time between shots" stat

Oh drat, not sure how I missed that.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
M416 seems like the better gun to take as it does the same damage but fires faster. Major benefit of the Scar is the Impact Power, which I take to be how much your view moves when hit by a bullet.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
So apparently the vert foregrip doesn't improve ads, and kar bullet loops reduces spread.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Hamelekim posted:

M416 seems like the better gun to take as it does the same damage but fires faster. Major benefit of the Scar is the Impact Power, which I take to be how much your view moves when hit by a bullet.

416 with a tac stock, foregrip, and comp definitely seems like it is the best AR by the numbers...

EDIT: Going to have to give that a shot next time I play. I've definitely been just kind of following the herd and dumping whatever I have for a SCAR when I find one.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 8, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Inspector_666 posted:

They reduced the damage and upped the recoil in the latest patch, so it's garbage now.

I had no choice, but to use one today... at least this happened.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150332945

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 8, 2017

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

I haven't lagged for days and then this happened right for the final push where everyone had to go into an open field. Feels like someone flipped their packet-spam-cheat or something.

Anyway, I'm somehow top 300 NA solo with a 45% top 10 rate despite being terrible at fights. I credit most of that to almost always pulling the chute pretty early and going somewhere far away from the plane.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Tunnel car is the best PUBG thing I've ever seen.

Got my first chicken dinner in the first game of the evening. Got an 8x in the first 30 seconds after landing on top of some apartments. killed a guy and got l3 stuff and then killed a guy at a supply drop for the m24 and a ghillie suit. proceded to not use the m24 and just shot everyone with an akm. Only had about 50 bullets the entire round and only fired about 20 bullets total. Shot next to last guy down, last guy shot at me, flashed me, then ran to hide behind another tree? so I just waited out flash and shot him to death.

Holy poo poo this game.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Even running with a mediocre squad and often going full games with never firing a single bullet, this game is the most fun I've had in years.

Goddamn I suck at shooting though.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Cinara posted:

F12 takes screenshots in any Steam game.

Im late but thank u

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/t1sjq

I've gotten somewhat better at stunt driving. Still awful with grenades though.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I got killed by grimmmz and managed to open his stream fast enough to both see him looting my stuff and see twitch chat people call me a retard. 10/10

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

416 with a tac stock, foregrip, and comp definitely seems like it is the best AR by the numbers...

EDIT: Going to have to give that a shot next time I play. I've definitely been just kind of following the herd and dumping whatever I have for a SCAR when I find one.

I told you guys. M4 with angled grip is best gun atm. Now I have the numbers to back both of those "controversial" choices up.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Are the loot tables busted? I was just in a warehouse with 3 Kar98ks.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Are the loot tables busted? I was just in a warehouse with 3 Kar98ks.

No one knows for sure how the loot tables work. However, me and some of the guys I play with noticed what seems to be a sort of loot seeding. Sometimes we are finding more 4X scopes than we know what to do with. Other times we all founds Vectors, when they were still desirable. Sometimes it's KARd, 8X scopes or level 3 helmets. Hilariously we've had rounds where 3 of us have KARs and not a single scope. When it's less desirable items, it's probably less noticeable though because you quickly write them off as trash and then complain about something you don't have that you want.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
The variety of loot I find also fluctuates.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

No one knows for sure how the loot tables work. However, me and some of the guys I play with noticed what seems to be a sort of loot seeding. Sometimes we are finding more 4X scopes than we know what to do with. Other times we all founds Vectors, when they were still desirable. Sometimes it's KARd, 8X scopes or level 3 helmets. Hilariously we've had rounds where 3 of us have KARs and not a single scope. When it's less desirable items, it's probably less noticeable though because you quickly write them off as trash and then complain about something you don't have that you want.

I've noticed weird 'sprees' of the same item too. I'm always wary of attributing things like that to anything except random chance, because of the way the human mind can find patterns where none exist, but at this point I'm fairly convinced that there is something a little screwy at times with the way the game chooses to spawn items - perhaps the map is segmented into areas and a certain seed is allocated to each?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

I feel the same but can't help but wonder if it's just that thing where we only notice the times when it happens but forgot all the times that it doesn't.

Any idea if there is a like a set amount of a specific item spawning each game, e.g., 10 Kar98 spawns every game in random locations, or if it more of a diablo loot table where it rolls through the options for each loot location?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jun 8, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

loot tables are screwy, we were in a squad and found like 5 M16's all stacked on top of each other.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
My guess is that it's the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I feel the same but can't help but wonder if it's just that thing where we only notice the times when it happens but forgot all the times that it doesn't.

Any idea if there is a like a set amount of a specific item spawning each game, e.g., 10 Kar98 spawns every game in random locations, or if it more of a diablo loot table where it rolls through the options for each loot location?

Generally with this game I tend to believe they've done less rather than more considering this is early access. That would mean I think every loot spot just rolls its own dice, but obviously there are high quality vs low quality spawns. I have no reason to believe there is a global limit on items, why would there be? Over half the map goes unlooted every game so what would they accomplish? This isn't like Diablo, there's no economy to balance. I've also been wrong about things in the past like I didn't believe there was damage drop off at range or rank based matchmaking but clearly there are.

• Locked thread